maxikyd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maxikyd
manhandsha wrote:I consider chocolate milk to be in a food group of its own.

The person below me had their hair cut into a mullet. On purpose. As an adult.

Sadly, I did, but on women they call it a long shag (or a Carol Brady, or a "Friends") depending on your generation. In my defense, it was easy to take care of in the summer.

The person below me enjoys watching destruction derbies.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
maxikyd wrote:Sadly, I did, but on women they call it a long shag (or a Carol Brady, or a "Friends") depending on your generation. In my defense, it was easy to take care of in the summer.

The person below me enjoys watching destruction derbies.

maxikyd

jawsuser wrote:

the person above me forgot to put what the person below is/does, so the person below him/her is very observant.

the person below me still likes destruction derbies.

hot72chev

quality posts: 12 Private Messages hot72chev
maxikyd wrote:the person above me forgot to put what the person below is/does, so the person below him/her is very observant.

the person below me still likes destruction derbies.

Honey, y'all ain't LIVED until ya seen yer brother-in-law crunch up yer low-life neighbor's '68 Dodge Dart with his '72 El Camino in the Derby!

The person below me will deep fry ANYTHING.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

manhandsha

quality posts: 39 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

hot72chev wrote:Honey, y'all ain't LIVED until ya seen yer brother-in-law crunch up yer low-life neighbor's '68 Dodge Dart with his '72 El Camino in the Derby!

The person below me will deep fry ANYTHING.

Just because I prefer deep fried okra and pickle chips to french fries doesn't mean I'm crazy. BUT, deep frying flowers is a little weird.

The person below me ended up in a cop car over the weekend... tsk tsk.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
manhandsha wrote:Just because I prefer deep fried okra and pickle chips to french fries doesn't mean I'm crazy. BUT, deep frying flowers is a little weird.

The person below me ended up in a cop car over the weekend... tsk tsk.

Actually we missed the cop car, we did the firetruck and emergency response rig though.

The person below me has a great horror story about flying on a commercial airline to terrify me with before I do a bunch of traveling over the next 3 weeks.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
KtCallista wrote:Actually we missed the cop car, we did the firetruck and emergency response rig though.

The person below me has a great horror story about flying on a commercial airline to terrify me with before I do a bunch of traveling over the next 3 weeks.

Submitted for your consideration...

The person below me has been known to spend some "private time" with Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
olcubmaster wrote:
The person below me has been known to spend some "private time" with Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Indeed, I once ate fourteen Krispy Kremes in one sitting. One Friday night in college, the other SPLUHGs (Sad, Pathetic, Lonely, Undated, Handsome Guys) and I decided to go to the Roanoke KK for Hot & Now doughnuts. For some reason, some girls decided to join us. So we piled in the cars and drove there and proceeded to eat doughnuts.

As we were leaving, one guy said, "oh I ate so many doughnuts, I think I ate five!" And another said, "well, I ate seven!" Then they asked me, "Kenny, how many did you eat?"

"Uh, fourteen."

"FOURTEEN?!"

"Yeah, fourteen. We came here to eat doughnuts. While you were talking with those girls, I was eating doughnuts."

The person below me can't figure out how this works:

maxikyd

kenney9226 wrote:Indeed, I once ate fourteen Krispy Kremes in one sitting. One Friday night in college, the other SPLUHGs (Sad, Pathetic, Lonely, Undated, Handsome Guys) and I decided to go to the Roanoke KK for Hot & Now doughnuts. For some reason, some girls decided to join us. So we piled in the cars and drove there and proceeded to eat doughnuts.

As we were leaving, one guy said, "oh I ate so many doughnuts, I think I ate five!" And another said, "well, I ate seven!" Then they asked me, "Kenny, how many did you eat?"

"Uh, fourteen."

"FOURTEEN?!"

"Yeah, fourteen. We came here to eat doughnuts. While you were talking with those girls, I was eating doughnuts."

The person below me can't figure out how this works:

HOW it works--I'm not even sure what it is. And what's with that color? Olive? Avocado?

The person below me deeply regrets eating that second helping of Four-Alarm Chili.

jackory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackory
maxikyd wrote:HOW it works--I'm not even sure what it is. And what's with that color? Olive? Avocado?

The person below me deeply regrets eating that second helping of Four-Alarm Chili.

Ouch wooting from the bathroom.......

The person below me loves cabbage

maxikyd

jackory wrote:Ouch wooting from the bathroom.......

The person below me loves cabbage

I like mixing shredded cabbage in with my hashed browns. It increases the fiber w/o changing the texture or flavor that much...but then, I love cabbage: boiled, steamed, fried, slawed, yummmm.

THe person below me makes pointillism style artwork using M&Ms and epic fail.

olcubmaster

maxikyd wrote:I like mixing shredded cabbage in with my hashed browns. It increases the fiber w/o changing the texture or flavor that much...but then, I love cabbage: boiled, steamed, fried, slawed, yummmm.

The epic fail: double posting and the inability to delete a posting. The person below me is me.

olcubmaster

maxikyd wrote:I like mixing shredded cabbage in with my hashed browns. It increases the fiber w/o changing the texture or flavor that much...but then, I love cabbage: boiled, steamed, fried, slawed, yummmm.

The epic fail: the countless bags of unused green and dark blue M&M's that were eaten in the process, leading to massive health issues.

The person below me has those little yellow usb woot! rotating lights and will annoy the entire office by keeping them on all day today.

hot72chev

olcubmaster wrote:

The epic fail: the countless bags of unused green and dark blue M&M's that were eaten in the process, leading to massive health issues.

The person below me has those little yellow usb woot! rotating lights and will annoy the entire office by keeping them on all day today.

What's a woot-off with out flashing lights? Anyone who complained got shot with a flying woot monkey. I'll be in the unemployment office by sundown.

The person below me once camped out for 72 hours to see a certain boy band.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Well, I camped out for 72 hours. Does that count? I also saw a boy band, but they never actually made it big. I don't think so, anyway...

The person below me is easily distracted by shiny objects.

KtCallista

Moueska wrote:Well, I camped out for 72 hours. Does that count? I also saw a boy band, but they never actually made it big. I don't think so, anyway...

The person below me is easily distracted by shiny objects.

Oh that's me! I'm ..... cool.

The person below me...... uh right um they just finished a great book and they can't wait to tell the world, or at least the thread all about it!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
KtCallista wrote:Oh that's me! I'm ..... cool.

The person below me...... uh right um they just finished a great book and they can't wait to tell the world, or at least the thread all about it!

If you haven't read "The Big Orange Splot" I can tell you that if they were to make it into a movie, they would hire Danny Devito or Jim Carrey to play Mister Plumbean. In a world of basic flat-front boring houses on a plain, boring street, CHANGE - is the new thing. /DUN DUN DUN

The person below me believes that accent walls are a silly fad, but secretly wants one in their home.

KtCallista

Moueska wrote:If you haven't read "The Big Orange Splot" I can tell you that if they were to make it into a movie, they would hire Danny Devito or Jim Carrey to play Mister Plumbean. In a world of basic flat-front boring houses on a plain, boring street, CHANGE - is the new thing. /DUN DUN DUN

The person below me believes that accent walls are a silly fad, but secretly wants one in their home.

I mean what is the point, you take one wall and make it the focal distraction, it's just a stupid wall, still if I put the one wall on the south and made it green....

The person below me will tell us all why it's spelled gray and not grey.

hot72chev

KtCallista wrote:I mean what is the point, you take one wall and make it the focal distraction, it's just a stupid wall, still if I put the one wall on the south and made it green....

The person below me will tell us all why it's spelled gray and not grey.

Up North it's Gray. In the South it's Grey.

The person below me has BIG plans for the weekend!

maxikyd

hot72chev wrote:Up North is's Gray. In the South it's Grey.

The person below me has BIG plans for the weekend!

Actually I do. We just switched to a four day school week, and the first week of school just ended. So-cleaning house doing dishes and laundry is first, but then--I see a full body massage and dinner out in my near future. I mean, if I take the time to wash dishes, why dirty them up again? I suppose the same could be said for wearing clothes after doing laundry, but I don't think the community would look kindly on a naked teacher.

The person below me is remembering a particular teacher and is grateful for the societal requirement for clothing.

maxikyd

olcubmaster wrote:The epic fail: double posting and the inability to delete a posting. The person below me is me.

actually, the Epic Fail was the fact that woot changed "s k I t t l e s" to "epic fail"

KtCallista

maxikyd wrote:Actually I do. We just switched to a four day school week, and the first week of school just ended. So-cleaning house doing dishes and laundry is first, but then--I see a full body massage and dinner out in my near future. I mean, if I take the time to wash dishes, why dirty them up again? I suppose the same could be said for wearing clothes after doing laundry, but I don't think the community would look kindly on a naked teacher.

The person below me is remembering a particular teacher and is grateful for the societal requirement for clothing.

Well I guess my 7th grade remedial math teacher who was also a cat lady qualifies (why remedial math when I had the highest math score on standardized testing in my 6th grade class.... you'd have to talk to the VP about that, didn't make sense to me either). Now if we were talking about the arcade, we actually had a broadcast code for people who needed to more closely adhere to the societal standards for clothing!

The person below me has an earworm to share.

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Well I guess my 7th grade remedial math teacher who was also a cat lady qualifies (why remedial math when I had the highest math score on standardized testing in my 6th grade class.... you'd have to talk to the VP about that, didn't make sense to me either). Now if we were talking about the arcade, we actually had a broadcast code for people who needed to more closely adhere to the societal standards for clothing!

The person below me has an earworm to share.

I found it crawling out of the ear of this ginormous rattlesnake on the road to church. That thing was so big I could actually see that it was a snake!

The person below me is going to share their favorite rattlesnake recipe.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:I found it crawling out of the ear of this ginormous rattlesnake on the road to church. That thing was so big I could actually see that it was a snake!

The person below me is going to share their favorite rattlesnake recipe.

Oh well if you insist...

1 or more fresh wild rattlesnakes, beheaded and skinned.

Marinate in a bag with milk, pepper and salt.

Grill on an open fire in the middle of nowhere with good friends and cold beer (to drink, although you can put that on the rattlesnake too).

Enjoy

The person below me can't imagine why someone would just know stuff like that recipe.

manhandsha

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Oh well if you insist...

1 or more fresh wild rattlesnakes, beheaded and skinned.

Marinate in a bag with milk, pepper and salt.

Grill on an open fire in the middle of nowhere with good friends and cold beer (to drink, although you can put that on the rattlesnake too).

Enjoy

The person below me can't imagine why someone would just know stuff like that recipe.

I might not be able to imagine, but you have to have an imagination to imagine.

The person below me may or may not wear their underwear on the outside of their pants...

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

maxikyd

manhandsha wrote:I might not be able to imagine, but you have to have an imagination to imagine.

The person below me may or may not wear their underwear on the outside of their pants...

The 1980s' Madonna-esque look is not for me, at least, not since the 80s. I do, however, wear underwear according to its specified usage i.e. under whatever I wear.

The person below me is too young/old to know what I'm talking about, and will Google to find Madonna in her "like a virgin" costume.

hot72chev

maxikyd wrote:The 1980s' Madonna-esque look is not for me, at least, not since the 80s. I do, however, wear underwear according to its specified usage i.e. under whatever I wear.

The person below me is too young/old to know what I'm talking about, and will Google to find Madonna in her "like a virgin" costume.

Unfortunately, I am exactly the right age to know what we're talking about. I lived through the 80's once, please don't make me do it again.

The person below me will share their own unique recipe for a Friday Night Cocktail beginning with Jack Daniels.

jawsuser

hot72chev wrote:Unfortunately, I am exactly the right age to know what we're talking about. I lived through the 80's once, please don't make me do it again.

The person below me will share their own unique recipe for a Friday Night Cocktail beginning with Jack Daniels.

Okay I invite my friend Jack Daniels, not related to Charlie Daniels, and a few other hover and we have a sherbert slush. Take equal parts of Cherry sherbert and 7-up put in a blender until mixed and voila. My favorite Friday night cocktail.
(Now you didn't expect a good Baptist girl to have alcohol did you?)

edit// The person below me will tell us what their favorite work is in honor of labor day.

maxikyd

jawsuser wrote:Okay I invite my friend Jack Daniels, not related to Charlie Daniels, and a few other hover and we have a sherbert slush. Take equal parts of Cherry sherbert and 7-up put in a blender until mixed and voila. My favorite Friday night cocktail.
(Now you didn't expect a good Baptist girl to have alcohol did you?)

edit// The person below me will tell us what their favorite work is in honor of labor day.

When I was in the navy (a LONG time ago) I served aboard the USS Samuel Gompers (AD-37), named after the labor/union leader. At sea, holidays really didn't matter, the work had to be done; so, I suppose my favorite work would be anything at sea--haze gray and underway--keeping things running as they should.

The person below me also has a sea-story to tell.

stacipurv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stacipurv
maxikyd wrote:When I was in the navy (a LONG time ago) I served aboard the USS Samuel Gompers (AD-37), named after the labor/union leader. At sea, holidays really didn't matter, the work had to be done; so, I suppose my favorite work would be anything at sea--haze gray and underway--keeping things running as they should.

The person below me also has a sea-story to tell.

Word to the wise: When deep-sea fishing, just because the fish aren't biting doesn't mean it's a good idea to go below deck & read the Wall Street Journal. Trust me on this.

The person below me believes that the one item no woman can live without is a yardstick.

maxikyd

stacipurv wrote:Word to the wise: When deep-sea fishing, just because the fish aren't biting doesn't mean it's a good idea to go below deck & read the Wall Street Journal. Trust me on this.

The person below me believes that the one item no woman can live without is a yardstick.

This is ABSOLUTELY true.
1. measuring an even hem
2. smacked across a recalcitrant child's tush
3. You call that eight inches.
4. reaching something on a top shelf
5. Poking at the (possibly) dead mouse to make sure it's really dead
6. Moving the snake away from the door
7. Art projects with kids
8. Making proper right angle corners using the 3/4/5 rule
9. Propping open a door/window
10. A extemporaneous fishing pole

The person below me has a putt-putt (miniature) golf injury

hot72chev

maxikyd wrote:This is ABSOLUTELY true.
1. measuring an even hem
2. smacked across a recalcitrant child's tush
3. You call that eight inches.
4. reaching something on a top shelf
5. Poking at the (possibly) dead mouse to make sure it's really dead
6. Moving the snake away from the door
7. Art projects with kids
8. Making proper right angle corners using the 3/4/5 rule
9. Propping open a door/window
10. A extemporaneous fishing pole

The person below me has a putt-putt (miniature) golf injury

Only if you count the bump on my forehead where I ran into the cave entrance, the scrape on my shin where I kicked the windmill, and the soaking wet clothing where I fell into the water trying to retrieve my day-glo golf ball. Other than that, I am uninjured.

The person below me has a scandalous Halloween costume already picked out.

olcubmaster

hot72chev wrote:Only if you count the bump on my forehead where I ran into the cave entrance, the scrape on my shin where I kicked the windmill, and the soaking wet clothing where I fell into the water trying to retrieve my day-glo golf ball. Other than that, I am uninjured.

The person below me has a scandalous Halloween costume already picked out.

Without a doubt - I'm going disguised in a disguise. Get out your jeweler's loop and behold!

Me as Thunder Thighs as a Sock Monkey

The person below me has thier own sock monkey saga to share.

maxikyd

olcubmaster wrote:Without a doubt - I'm going disguised in a disguise. Get out your jeweler's loop and behold!

Me as Thunder Thighs as a Sock Monkey

The person below me has thier own sock monkey saga to share.

I received a sock monkey as a gift from my secret "honey-bunny" while in the college dorm. I burbled on to my (then) boyfriend about how much I loved it. It turned out, he bribed the person who had my name to trade with him, so the monkey actually came from the BF. He was SOO proud of himself. Then he turned into a jerk. sigh.

the person below me has a story about someone who disappointed him/her.

stacipurv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stacipurv
maxikyd wrote:I received a sock monkey as a gift from my secret "honey-bunny" while in the college dorm. I burbled on to my (then) boyfriend about how much I loved it. It turned out, he bribed the person who had my name to trade with him, so the monkey actually came from the BF. He was SOO proud of himself. Then he turned into a jerk. sigh.

the person below me has a story about someone who disappointed him/her.

Pretty much every third time I go out to lunch. The conversation goes like this:

Waitperson: Can I get you something to drink with that?
Me: Diet Coke?
Waitperson: Is Diet Pepsi OK?
Me: **sigh**

The person is annoyed at a gnat flying around him/her - (it's actually just a floater in his/her eye)

hot72chev

stacipurv wrote:Pretty much every third time I go out to lunch. The conversation goes like this:

Waitperson: Can I get you something to drink with that?
Me: Diet Coke?
Waitperson: Is Diet Pepsi OK?
Me: **sigh**

The person is annoyed at a gnat flying around him/her - (it's actually just a floater in his/her eye)

Wow, thanks for telling me what that was. I almost gave myself a black eye trying to swat it.

The person below me will tell a little white lie to his/her boss on Monday morning.

manhandsha

Staff

hot72chev wrote:Wow, thanks for telling me what that was. I almost gave myself a black eye trying to swat it.

The person below me will tell a little white lie to his/her boss on Monday morning.

I won't see Gatz til Monday afternoon. I'll be telling the truth by then ;).

The person below me can't leave the house without their pinky ring.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
manhandsha wrote:I won't see Gatz til Monday afternoon. I'll be telling the truth by then ;).

The person below me can't leave the house without their pinky ring.

Now everything you say is suspect.

The person below me WON'T get fired today. Bwaha.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

jawsuser

Gatzby wrote:Now everything you say is suspect.

The person below me WON'T get fired today. Bwaha.

Since I am my dad's caretaker and don't get paid I CAN'T get fired!

The person below me has a wonderful snow filled tale to tell us to give us relief from the heat and humidity. (5 pm, 92 degrees, 88% humidity)

maxikyd

jawsuser wrote:Since I am my dad's caretaker and don't get paid I CAN'T get fired!

The person below me has a wonderful snow filled tale to tell us to give us relief from the heat and humidity. (5 pm, 92 degrees, 88% humidity)

It was -28F. the snow was so deep I couldn't get my doors open. We had one snow day. The next day, I called in stuck. Some of my students came over and dug me out so I could walk to school(5 miles, uphill both ways, etc...) and teach. Okay, so it was only 5 blocks, and the land was flat, but it COULD have been worse.

the person below me has never been to Hawaii, but wants to go there.