markfx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markfx
jonrogers wrote:Had the same issue. (And tried the same solution.) I've now got a lovely device that permanently shows a pretty "X".

try that link above^

daviangel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daviangel
neondruid wrote:Sent an email to support about the DOA Nexus and got a response saying they're busy and it might take a week to respond. This is a freaking Christmas present. If they take a week to respond there's no way I'll have a working device in time for the holiday. Thanks Woot, I'm sure I'll come up with something creative to tell my 10 year old brother in law. This is completely unacceptable.

Yup got same email too Guess I will have to pass on refurbished in the future. My first time buying refurbished and I thought it couldn't be all that bad since it usually is 9 out of 10 times user error when it comes to tech but I guess there were very good reasons these tablets were returned

texasbatqueen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages texasbatqueen
markfx wrote:begin here:
http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

I just looked over the instructions (thank you SO much in advance), and ...nervous laugh...I'm a little intimidated by the nerd-speak. I'll enlist a nerd-friend to help me tomorrow, and let you all know how it goes. I really hope it works!

daviangel

morriea wrote:Sorry, The Hisense has only 8GB of internal storage and Apps will not run off the microSD. This is not enough to handle the Apps that I need on my device. This is a serious shortcoming that the Sero lovers NEVER mention.

Thanks for pointing that out since first time I've heard this and makes my idea of buying a 64GB microSD to use for apps if I run out of space on the device. I guess that's why they charge exorbitant fees when you buy a larger capacity device.

daviangel

texasbatqueen wrote:I received my 32 gb tablet yesterday, and it was all fine and good until it updated itself. Since then, the device won't boot past the glowing X of death. This was a Christmas present to myself...it was my first step to break free from the Apple grip. So sad.

Does anyone have any advice? I followed the steps posted here:

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2668187?hl=en

Sadly, it's worked for most, but not for me. Again, it was all good until the update. I'm so frustrated. I've contacted support -- they'll respond back in a week, they said.

And this was new not refurbished right?
If you can't get device to enter reboot mode not much more you can do. I've also stuck to Apple in past and figured I'd give Android a chance after waiting a couple of years I figured they must've caught up to Apple in terms of OS reliability and polish but I see that it's not. Really hope to get a functional Android device soon if not going to have to shell out the big bucks for an iPad

jtravel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jtravel

I responded to WOOT support Email Friday evening requesting a RMA so I can return this DOA Nexus 7. Still have not heard back from them or received a return label.
This was suppose to be a Christmas Gift. I had to quickly find a replacement Yesterday in the same price range. I purchased a New ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7,16GB from Office Depot for $119 to replace it. I know it's a Step down from the Nexus 7 but It's at least new and comes in a retail box making it much better for a Christmas gift.

neondruid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neondruid
jtravel wrote:I responded to WOOT support Email Friday evening requesting a RMA so I can return this DOA Nexus 7. Still have not heard back from them or received a return label.
This was suppose to be a Christmas Gift. I had to quickly find a replacement Yesterday in the same price range. I purchased a New ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7,16GB from Office Depot for $119 to replace it. I know it's a Step down from the Nexus 7 but It's at least new and comes in a retail box making it much better for a Christmas gift.

I had to do the same things as well. Purchased a Nexus 7 from Best Buy to make up for the DOA one from Woot. The terrible customer service, or should I say complete lack of customer service, during the most important retail period of the year is unacceptable. Bad Woot, bad! *smacks Woot on the nose with a rolled up magazine*

jonc77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonc77

I was having the same issues (white lines & would not start up). I just took the back cover off and found that the battery connection was not fully plugged in. Pushed the connector in fully and it started up. Looks like others may have had a similar issue (http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/mobile/J8283AK1kss%5B76-100-false%5D)

texasbatqueen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages texasbatqueen
daviangel wrote:And this was new not refurbished right?
If you can't get device to enter reboot mode not much more you can do. I've also stuck to Apple in past and figured I'd give Android a chance after waiting a couple of years I figured they must've caught up to Apple in terms of OS reliability and polish but I see that it's not. Really hope to get a functional Android device soon if not going to have to shell out the big bucks for an iPad

Yep, this was a refurb. Normally I'm PRO refurb, but all the time I've spent researching, bit**ing, and moaning about this issue...during this time of year, my time is worth more than the $$ I saved by buying a [defective] refurb. I think I've learned a lesson.

I'll let you know how the recommended fix works out.

jtravel

jonc77 wrote:I was having the same issues (white lines & would not start up). I just took the back cover off and found that the battery connection was not fully plugged in. Pushed the connector in fully and it started up. Looks like others may have had a similar issue (http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/mobile/J8283AK1kss%5B76-100-false%5D)

IT'S ALIVE!!
Followed your advise and found that the battery Connector was halfway off.
I had no Idea the back cover could be removed so easily.
It seems to work perfectly now and has even updated to the latest Android version 4.4.2 The only problem now is the first owner used permanent marker to write his name on the AC block. I can't give this as a Christmas Gift as I had intended originally.

Packing List shows it was shipped by Synnex Corp in Fremont,CA
It also shows this is a recertified Item.
Seems like all they did was repackage and Ship a returned Nexus 7

neondruid

jtravel wrote:IT'S ALIVE!!
Followed your advise and found that the battery Connector was halfway off.
I had no Idea the back cover could be removed so easily.
It seems to work perfectly now and has even updated to the latest Android version 4.4.2 The only problem now is the first owner used permanent marker to write his name on the AC block. I can't give this as a Christmas Gift as I had intended originally.

Packing List shows it was shipped by Synnex Corp in Fremont,CA
It also shows this is a recertified Item.
Seems like all they did was repackage and Ship a returned Nexus 7

You might try cleaning the power block with nail polish remover. Shouldn't discolor the plastic, but should (hopefully) remove the Sharpie. I'd be careful about keeping it out of the innards of the block though, just to be safe.

slothful1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slothful1

Got mine today and it's all screwed up. No Google Play, screen layout is all funky, oddball developer options turned on, even after a 'factory reset'... looks almost like somebody rooted/modded it (badly) or something. You'd think that "factory reconditioning" would involve at least turning it on and seeing if the screen looks right. I could have bought a working used Nexus locally for less.

jtravel

If anyone reading this is interested Walmart online is selling the 32 Gb refurbished Nexus 7 2012 for $129 with free shipping right now.

IronHokie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IronHokie

Got mine today. No welcome screens, setup screens etc. No apps except for test/log tools.

No Google Play or any google apps installed. Can not connect to wifi and it wont search for wireless connections.

Now the waiting game on how to return this poorly refurbished item.

neondruid

5 days now, no response from Woot.

slothful1

IronHokie wrote:Got mine today. No welcome screens, setup screens etc. No apps except for test/log tools.

No Google Play or any google apps installed. Can not connect to wifi and it wont search for wireless connections.

Now the waiting game on how to return this poorly refurbished item.

That's essentially the state mine's in, except that it will connect to wi-fi.

mikech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikech
slothful1 wrote:That's essentially the state mine's in, except that it will connect to wi-fi.

Mine powered up out of the box once. After charging the unit it no longer powers up. No reply from customer service after 2 attempts.

daviangel

neondruid wrote:5 days now, no response from Woot.

Same here!
Are they waiting till after the holidays to get to us?
Now I think I understand why I've seen others posting on the forums complaining they never hear back from customer support and then the typical reply seems to be to check your spam folder to make sure you are getting your email.
I should've signed in with my Amazon account I've would've already sent this thing back last week and had a replacement before christmas or at least get my money back so I could get something else.

daviangel

Another day and still nothing.
Should I even bother trying to email customer support again?

jtravel

daviangel wrote:Another day and still nothing.
Should I even bother trying to email customer support again?

Two days after I emailed Woot they sent me a email with a prepaid USPS label to ship it back for a refund.
Wonder why they are taking so long to get back to you.
This is the first time I have needed to return a Item to woot.

daviangel

So they didn't send you a replacement?
Or you didn't want one?

How long ago you email them? Maybe they aren't even going in FIFO order? since you can see here is email they sent me week ago
"Support support@woot.com
Dec 14 (7 days ago)
to me 

Hi, Woot member -

Woot Customer Service here to say thanks for the email. We'll get right on it, starting by assigning you the catchy case number
CAS-
To be honest, we're pretty swamped this holiday season and it might take us up to a week to respond to your request. We're very sorry for the delay, we know it is an important time of year and remain committed to addressing your concerns. You might find the answer you seek in our FAQ: http://www.woot.com/faq.
Thank you very much for your patience,
 Woot Customer Services

I'm guessing they are going by 7 working days?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

@daviangel: You should have an email from CS. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jonrogers

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonrogers
ThunderThighs wrote:@daviangel: You should have an email from CS. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders.

How do I get in on this CS fast track? My email said "up to a week" and we are 5 hours away from that.

jtravel

daviangel wrote:So they didn't send you a replacement?
Or you didn't want one?
How long ago you email them?

I sent my first email on Friday Dec 13 and woot responded asking if I wanted a replacement or refund. I responded that I wanted a refund and then Purchased a replacement elsewhere as it was to be a Christmas present for my daughter.
Woot sent me a shipping label to return it on Dec 17

neondruid

Woot "Customer Service" lol wrote:Support
Dec 14 (7 days ago)

to me
Hi, Woot member -

Woot Customer Service here to say thanks for the email. We'll get right on it, starting by assigning you the catchy case number

CAS-529587-S4Y7X6.
Our standard Woot Customer Service hours are 8 AM to 5 PM Central, Monday through Friday. We strive to answer all inquiries within 24 hours if at all possible. You might find the answer to your question in our FAQ http://www.woot.com/faq. Either way, you'll be hearing from us soon.

Thanks for your patience,

Woot Customer Services
http://www.woot.com

I've passed the 1 week mark, no response from Woot. Freaking unbelievable. Glad I bought a replacement from Best Buy. $20 more for the refurb model, but it worked out of the box. So basically I spent $20 less on Woot, for a paperweight.

ThunderThighs

Staff

neondruid: You should have email from CS soon. As usual, be sure to check your spam/junk folders.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

daviangel

neondruid wrote:I've passed the 1 week mark, no response from Woot. Freaking unbelievable. Glad I bought a replacement from Best Buy. $20 more for the refurb model, but it worked out of the box. So basically I spent $20 less on Woot, for a paperweight.

Yeah that's smart you had a plan B since I just got response and they don't have replacement so I"m just getting refund. If I would've known that I wouldn't have passed on good deals I"ve seen in the meantime Now I"ll have to wait for the new year sales I guess. Might as well get an iPad now to make me forget about this.

jonrogers

So it has been more than a week by a couple of days and still no response on my ticket. I just replied to the original case # email and got a new case # email. (Which I'm sure helps no one. Woot really should look at better call center software to recognize responses on cases already open.) I've tried everything shared on the forum here to unsoft brick the thing, but still end up with an android dead on its back and a failure to get through bootup. I'll take a new device, refund, or someone with the tech support to get the thing working again. Whichever way, I need a response....

Original case #CAS-530548-Q4B2K8

ThunderThighs

Staff

jonrogers wrote:So it has been more than a week by a couple of days and still no response on my ticket. I just replied to the original case # email and got a new case # email. (Which I'm sure helps no one. Woot really should look at better call center software to recognize responses on cases already open.) I've tried everything shared on the forum here to unsoft brick the thing, but still end up with an android dead on its back and a failure to get through bootup. I'll take a new device, refund, or someone with the tech support to get the thing working again. Whichever way, I need a response....

Original case #CAS-xxxx

Sorry for the problems. You should have an email from CS now. Pls check your spam/junk folders.

jonrogers

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. You should have an email from CS now. Pls check your spam/junk folders.

Got it. Thanks.

ansky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ansky

9 Days and no response/Rma from Woot. Going to file a claim against them with Paypal.Last purchase I will ever make with Woot.Pathetic

ThunderThighs

Staff

ansky wrote:9 Days and no response/Rma from Woot. Going to file a claim against them with Paypal.Last purchase I will ever make with Woot.Pathetic

I'm sorry for the problems. As you can imaging, CS is swamped with the holiday emails.

I've sent information to them from this end. They should be able to figure it on after Christmas.

f9s4ever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f9s4ever

be glad, mine wont turn on at all.

ThunderThighs

Staff

f9s4ever wrote:be glad, mine wont turn on at all.

Make sure you give it a full 24 hour charge. Batteries are sent completely drained for shipping safety.

If you still don't have any luck, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

GenMischief

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GenMischief

1. Got the flashing X.
2. tried resetting cache and factory restore.
3. Still a never ending pretty X.

What is the process for requesting an RMA? I am unable to advance beyond the X no matter what.

For the record, it had bee powered up for less that an hour before this happened. First reboot after updates. Boom.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

GenMischief wrote:1. Got the flashing X.
2. tried resetting cache and factory restore.
3. Still a never ending pretty X.

What is the process for requesting an RMA? I am unable to advance beyond the X no matter what.

For the record, it had bee powered up for less that an hour before this happened. First reboot after updates. Boom.

Sorry to hear you're encountering this issue.

As stated above, please email into support@woot.com and let them know what you're experiencing.

slothful1

We're now eleven days out from my "it might take us up to a week" e-mail, and no further contact.

Case # CAS-533959-B2X8H7

Edit: yes, I've checked my spam folder, since that seems to be the standard response.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

slothful1 wrote:We're now eleven days out from my "it might take us up to a week" e-mail, and no further contact.

Case # CAS-533959-B2X8H7

Edit: yes, I've checked my spam folder, since that seems to be the standard response.

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

slothful1

ROGETRAY wrote:Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

Thanks.

tcheram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcheram

I submitted a case with a problemed NEXUS 7 once on 12/14 and a followup on 12/27. NO RESPONSE. Case #CAS-557005-F6C5D5 has been created Email ID: CRM:0001176

If no support, this could be my last woot.