tperkowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tperkowski

Mine arrived DOA. Waiting for Woot Customer Service to get back to me. Contacted Roku and they ran me though a series of test and confirmed it is not working. Frustrating.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

tperkowski wrote:Mine arrived DOA. Waiting for Woot Customer Service to get back to me. Contacted Roku and they ran me though a series of test and confirmed it is not working. Frustrating.

Sorry for the Roku issues, I'll check in with CS this morning on your order.

Edit: checked with CS, we don't have an email from the address on your file. If you could please PM me with the case number or email you used, I can try to assist. You can PM me here.

NoranaC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoranaC

Mine arrived with either a non-working remote or non-working remote receiver. Contacted customer service. Waiting for them to ask me a bunch of silly questions like if I tried putting the batteries in...

hilton531

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hilton531
agingdragqueen wrote:Hey, sorry about that- you should be able to email into us at support@woot.com, I'm told we should have a few replacements available.

Same with me. Wrong remote, right Roku. Went through Roku tech support, and determined that the Roku 2100XS(Roku 2) remote shipped with my order definitely does NOT work with the Roku 4200x-B(Roku 3). Roku tech told me that if Woot won't fix it, they'll try. Email sent to woot CS. I hope I don't have to wait a week for a response like some of these other posters... It is a "Re-certified" device. So I bet the tech who checked it put the wrong remote in the box. So far, I can't even use my smartphone to control it. Can't get passed the language select screen.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

If you're having trouble getting your Roku to work, note that you must pair the remote to the Roku.

How to pair your Roku player with the Enhanced remote:
• Open the battery compartment and carefully insert the provided batteries into the slots, following the correct battery orientations (Note: the front LEDs on the remote will flash indicating it is ready to pair to your Roku player)
• Power up the Roku player by connecting the provided power adapter to the Roku player and to an available wall outlet.
• Turn on your TV and select the correct TV input
• Note that during the startup process, the Roku enhanced remote will automatically pair to your Roku player (the front LEDs will stop flashing)

If the Enhanced remote does not pair to the Roku player, please use the following directions:
• Open the battery compartment and locate the pairing button found inside the battery compartment
• Simultaneously hold down both the A and B game buttons (on front side) while pressing and holding down the pairing button for 3 seconds. (front LED will blink)
• Remove and reinsert the batteries, following the correct battery orientations (Note: the front LEDs on the remote will flash indicating it is ready to pair to your Roku player)
• Power up the Roku player by connecting the provided power adapter to the Roku player and to an available wall outlet
• Note that during the startup process, the Roku enhanced remote will automatically pair to your Roku player (the front LEDs will stop flashing)

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ohiomaxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohiomaxx
jimpugh wrote:Don't do it. The ROKU player is fine. Get a new one from ROKU so you'll have support. Purchased 2 the last time they were offered on Woot, neither one worked, Woot was notified of this fact the day they arrived and has yet to send the RAN and labels to finalize the return of these defective items. It's been 5 weeks since I first contacted them about the problem. I have contacted them 6 additional times and now have a collection of "catchy case numbers" but the ROKU players still sit in the house. Woot's follow thru is pathetic.

I also having problems with my remote not working but I did send email to woot but not hear from them yet so while I waiting from this weekend for a reply back from them is there anyone that did something to the remote to get it to work???

howunremarkable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages howunremarkable

I got the wrong remote in my box (remote doesn't have the headphone jack). Contacted customer service and still haven't heard back...

hilton531

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hilton531
ThunderThighs wrote:If you're having trouble getting your Roku to work, note that you must pair the remote to the Roku.

How to pair your Roku player with the Enhanced remote:
• Open the battery compartment and carefully insert the provided batteries into the slots, following the correct battery orientations (Note: the front LEDs on the remote will flash indicating it is ready to pair to your Roku player)
• Power up the Roku player by connecting the provided power adapter to the Roku player and to an available wall outlet.

If the Enhanced remote does not pair to the Roku player, please use the following directions:
• Open the battery compartment and locate the pairing button found inside the battery compartment
• Simultaneously hold down both the A and B game buttons (on front side) while pressing and holding down the pairing button for 3 seconds. (front LED will blink)
• Remove and reinsert the batteries, following the correct battery orientations (Note: the front LEDs on the remote will flash indicating it is ready to pair to your Roku player)
• Power up the Roku player by connecting the provided power adapter to the Roku player and to an available wall outlet

That only works if the remote supplied is for the correct model. Even the Roku website claims each remote is only compatible with certain systems. I purchased the Roku 3, but the supplied remote doesn't have a headphone jack, yet headphones were included... Curious... The model number inside the remote is GR-14. According to all other info available, that remote is for the Roku 2... So, clearing out the cache on the remote, and trying to pair with the wrong system will fail 100% of the time. You can't even set up a smartphone as the remote, because you need to navigate the initial setup in order to register the device with your account. Knowing how to pair the remote is important. Having the right device to pair with is even more so.
I suppose all if these CS issues could be resolved through a phone call. Yeah, I know that seems old fashioned and costly, but my high dollar smartphone can make and receive calls too. Anyone from Woot CS, send me pm and I'll use this forum to discuss this issue in the meantime.

DanielJbaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanielJbaker

Very disappointed I have gone back to our original Roku

JMan11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JMan11

My Roku 3 that I received which was a gift that I was only able to give early today due to extenuating circumstances 03/10/14 came with a power supply that does not fit into the Roku. I have a new Roku here at my house and can see the plug is just too large to fit into the Roku. Has anyone else had this problem? The power supply was 5V - 1.5A and said Roku on it. The new Roku I purchased back in December here at home is 12V - 1A. 7.5 Watts vs 12 Watts. I was obviously given the wrong power supply. This is very disappointing as I have been waiting and waiting to give this to a friend for his birthday that I was unable to do so until today. From amazon this is what the power supply: http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Roku-Power-Adapter-Players/dp/B00B4ZQS06

This appears to be only for the Roku 1 and 2. I obviously purchased a Roku 3. How can this be solved as quickly as possible?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

JMan11 wrote:My Roku 3 that I received which was a gift that I was only able to give early today due to extenuating circumstances 03/10/14 came with a power supply that does not fit into the Roku. I have a new Roku here at my house and can see the plug is just too large to fit into the Roku. Has anyone else had this problem? The power supply was 5V - 1.5A and said Roku on it. The new Roku I purchased back in December here at home is 12V - 1A. 7.5 Watts vs 12 Watts. I was obviously given the wrong power supply. This is very disappointing as I have been waiting and waiting to give this to a friend for his birthday that I was unable to do so until today. From amazon this is what the power supply: http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Roku-Power-Adapter-Players/dp/B00B4ZQS06

This appears to be only for the Roku 1 and 2. I obviously purchased a Roku 3. How can this be solved as quickly as possible?

I'm sorry to hear that you might have received an incorrect adapter.

If you haven't already, please email into support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be able to answer you as soon as they can and help remedy the issue.

I'll also forward your post here along to them and let them know.

EDIT: Also, you can try contacting Roku support at http://support.roku.com/entries/413244-Contact-Support and see if they're able to find a solution as well.

JMan11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JMan11
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you might have received an incorrect adapter.

If you haven't already, please email into support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be able to answer you as soon as they can and help remedy the issue.

I'll also forward your post here along to them and let them know.

EDIT: Also, you can try contacting Roku support at http://support.roku.com/entries/413244-Contact-Support and see if they're able to find a solution as well.

I received the wrong adapter - I can confirm just by the voltage and amperage listed that this is strictly for the Roku 1 and 2. And not the 3 that I received.

I left a message through the direct support page. I would appreciate a phone call at my number on record - it is very difficult for me to type and causes additional pain due to my recent injury from a hit and run that I have been battling for 7 weeks now. I hope Woot can remedy this problem as quickly as possible - I would like not to have to contact Roku support and further frustrate myself.

The AC Adapter Model Number is FA-0521500SUA

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

JMan11 wrote:I received the wrong adapter - I can confirm just by the voltage and amperage listed that this is strictly for the Roku 1 and 2. And not the 3 that I received.

I left a message through the direct support page. I would appreciate a phone call at my number on record - it is very difficult for me to type and causes additional pain due to my recent injury from a hit and run that I have been battling for 7 weeks now. I hope Woot can remedy this problem as quickly as possible - I would like not to have to contact Roku support and further frustrate myself.

The AC Adapter Model Number is FA-0521500SUA

I'm sorry to hear, that sounds like it hurts

I've already gone ahead and forwarded your post and information along to Woot Member Services.
They should be responding to you soon.

Unfortunately, Woot Member Services doesn't have phone support.
I understand it might be painful for you to write into support@woot.com but if you can they'll respond to you very soon and be able to help find a solution to the wrong adapter.

Thank you for your patience during this matter.