ritsemas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ritsemas
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. Per our FAQ, we do ask that you try the manufacturer first when they hold the warranty.

oh. woot isn't going to back it huh. sorry. i'm hoping I have a better experience. i use woot all the time and this is the first issue i've had.

Kmudrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kmudrick
ritsemas wrote:oh. woot isn't going to back it huh. sorry. i'm hoping I have a better experience. i use woot all the time and this is the first issue i've had.

Well they already have your money - what do they care at this point?

ritsemas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ritsemas
ritsemas wrote:oh. woot isn't going to back it huh. sorry. i'm hoping I have a better experience. i use woot all the time and this is the first issue i've had.

UPDATE!!:
Contacted roku and they were QUICK to respond. Very impressed with their service.
Also, I did find the ear buds after shaking out the box. Sorry woot! We good!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ritsemas wrote:UPDATE!!:
Contacted roku and they were QUICK to respond. Very impressed with their service.
Also, I did find the ear buds after shaking out the box. Sorry woot! We good!

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

Looks like people are receiving their Rokus starting at least Saturday, but my shipment still shows electronic shipping info received. Wonder what's up with that?

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

ROGETRAY

Staff

bolligra wrote:Looks like people are receiving their Rokus starting at least Saturday, but my shipment still shows electronic shipping info received. Wonder what's up with that?

Sorry for the late reply.

It doesn't sound like your tracking is correct for your order.

I recommend that you write into support@woot.com and let them know. They can provide tracking information regarding your purchase.

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply.

It doesn't sound like your tracking is correct for your order.

I recommend that you write into support@woot.com and let them know. They can provide tracking information regarding your purchase.

Late reply? You answered within 30 minutes! I sent an e-mail to support, thanks.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

ROGETRAY

Staff

bolligra wrote:Late reply? You answered within 30 minutes! I sent an e-mail to support, thanks.

alexisgb1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexisgb1

the device is great but... Mine came with a defective headphone jack. Roku asked me to contact woot.com for a replacement. the woot/support page is not working properly so I cannot ask Customer Service for help.

manhandsha

quality posts: 39 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

alexisgb1 wrote:the device is great but... Mine came with a defective headphone jack. Roku asked me to contact woot.com for a replacement. the woot/support page is not working properly so I cannot ask Customer Service for help.

Sorry for the trouble. Please email support@woot.com directly from your email account. Be sure to include your order number and user name for quicker service.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Kmudrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kmudrick

Got my replacement unit today - 2+ hours of usage and no freezing like I experienced with the originally shipped unit.

Mkoons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mkoons

What's the deal with getting a green screen that says HCDP is not authorized? It all looks like it's about to work, we hit play and get the green screen with that message. Nothing will play.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Mkoons wrote:What's the deal with getting a green screen that says HCDP is not authorized? It all looks like it's about to work, we hit play and get the green screen with that message. Nothing will play.

I'm doing some googling and I'm seeing various suggestions:

New HDMI cable

If Amazon Prime is the problem channel, try unregistering and re-registering the Roku.
Link

You can probably google some more answers with a bit more specific information.

Is it all channels? Have you tried say, Weather Channel?

If just one channel, google the error for that channel.

Roku support should also be able to help.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kjrehberg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kjrehberg

This Roku only has HDMI output. If connecting to a computer monitor without audio, you will need to use the remote to hear audio.

Otherwise, use a real HDTV.

Yes, on this connection, it announces "HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled." The Roku 3 can only really be used with a real HDTV.

Also, it won't do 4:3 over HDMI for some reason. The only choices are 720p or 1080p with no option to reconfigure. The older Rokus with composite/component output let you specify that your display is 4:3 and make the appropriate adjustments.

I'm impatiently waiting for the next round of Roku 3 refurbs to hit Woot.