cousineaud

quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud
michmck wrote:Who is the shipper? Also, how much does a queen weigh? Thanks!

This would ship via FEDEX. The Queen weighs 78 lbs.

enigmaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigmaos

In for one! Great comments from members and vendor participation.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

TISGOD wrote:Wondering though, say something goes wrong with this (previously purchased from last time) mattress, who do we contact since we don't get the manufacturer info (I still don't know but research has given me an idea)?

Contact support@woot.com. Our CS will help you or put you in contact with those that can.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chibiberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibiberry

Hi!
So my father has degeneritve disc disease in all his lumbar vertebrea as well as spinal spinosis (i know i just spelled that terribly wrong, pls forgive me)and in four of them herniated discs. He is actually coming home today from having a surgery done that removed the last 3 cervical discs because they were inflicting a spinal injury on him.

I think he needs a new mattres (the one in his and my step mom's room is very old and honestly he sleeps in my old room whre there is just a cheap ikea bed/mattress)

I really want to buy him a good mattress. But considering what a terrible shape his back is in, I want to make sure what I purchase will help him. I mean those cervical discs nearly left him paralyzed.

rivercity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rivercity
TISGOD wrote:Wondering though, say something goes wrong with this (previously purchased from last time) mattress, who do we contact since we don't get the manufacturer info (I still don't know but research has given me an idea)?

So even if you buy the mattress, you still don't get to know who it's from? No logo or tag or anything?

Wicked Gollum

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wicked Gollum

Wooters/Wootettes!

I can't begin to heap more praise for Cousin and his Mattress Making Business.

I was a little hesitant at first (my body temp. runs hot), that the mattress would be uncomfortable. However, after Cousin's personal response, plus all of the additional in-depth information he gave, I pulled the trigger.

...and this is one purchase that's never caused an ounce of buyer's remorse.

Re: the smell, there was a slight chemical smell upon opening the package; however, that was gone within a day or two.

Recently, I house-sat a friend who has a similar, multi-layer mattress from Costco. This mattress is on par with that one, but 4x less the cost!

If I had another bed in the house, I'd be picking up another mattress today.

Hope that you come back every now and then Cousin, just in case!

Happy Wooting!

-WG

--
.:d:.

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and narrow-mindedness. Broad, wholesome and charitable views cannot be acquired by vegetating in one tiny corner of the globe."
-- Mark Twain

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy
chibiberry wrote:Hi!
So my father has degeneritve disc disease in all his lumbar vertebrea as well as spinal spinosis (i know i just spelled that terribly wrong, pls forgive me)and in four of them herniated discs. He is actually coming home today from having a surgery done that removed the last 3 cervical discs because they were inflicting a spinal injury on him.

I think he needs a new mattres (the one in his and my step mom's room is very old and honestly he sleeps in my old room whre there is just a cheap ikea bed/mattress)

I really want to buy him a good mattress. But considering what a terrible shape his back is in, I want to make sure what I purchase will help him. I mean those cervical discs nearly left him paralyzed.

I think the best thing you can do is talk to his Doctor and ask for a recommendation.

bobmundy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobmundy
yojane2118 wrote:I have a tempurpedic adjustable frame. Would this mattress work with that frame.

Yes it will! I bought this bed

bobmundy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobmundy

I flipped mine over and it is more comfortable for me. I love this bed:-)

lsturtle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsturtle

Will this work on an adjustable bed?

cousineaud

lsturtle wrote:Will this work on an adjustable bed?

Yes, it will.

lsturtle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsturtle
cousineaud wrote:Yes, it will.

Great!!

zinesmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zinesmith

I've never bought a woot for anything over $200. Because all of you said great things about your memory foam mattresses, I pulled the trigger on this. If I don't like it, I'm going to blame all of you. You've been warned.

bassil2022

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bassil2022

Darn it!!!!!!
King is sold out!!!

sassypantsaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sassypantsaz

I needed a King. I missed out :-(

jonz50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonz50

Howdy,
I won't be at the residence where i'd have this shipped to for a week. Will fedex leave it at the front door or do I have to sign for it?

MercurialDeity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MercurialDeity

Well after thinking about this every time its up, I finally decided to bite the bullet and order one. Does anyone have any suggestions for memory foam pillows to go with this?

michmck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michmck

Are there fire retardants in the mattress, such as PDBEs? If so, would you please list them?

ThunderThighs

Staff

jonz50 wrote:Howdy,
I won't be at the residence where i'd have this shipped to for a week. Will fedex leave it at the front door or do I have to sign for it?

We do not ship things as signature required. However, your FedEx delivery person make make a judgement call about whether to leave the package on your doorstep.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cousineaud

jonz50 wrote:Howdy,

Yes they will leave it at the door.

emhhoskins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emhhoskins
cousineaud wrote:Hi All ,

I am with the manufacturer and will be able to answer any questions you have.

I cannot find any manufacturer info on the Woot page....who IS the manufacturer and where I can get more info??

ThunderThighs

Staff

emhhoskins wrote:I cannot find any manufacturer info on the Woot page....who IS the manufacturer and where I can get more info??

We often can't give out the manufacturer's name because their other retail channels get mad at them over the prices. Our buyers work to get you the best price possible.

Sorry, but no name.

FORUM MODERATOR

digitaleagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages digitaleagle
zwoodsman wrote:Hmmm, I'm on the fence... I like pretty firm matresses and am thinking this might be too soft for me since it's described as medium-firm. If any owners care to comment I'd appreciate it.

We bought the 10 inch one from Woot last year and I'd say it is on the softer side. When you first get in it feels fairly firm, but it seems to get softer the longer you sleep on it. We both would prefer a firmer bed. YMMV with the 12 inch mattress. We also put a 2 inch gel topper from the same manufacturer on it, (also bought from woot) So - ours realy is a 12 " mattress now. I'm tempted to take the extra gel layer off the mattress to see if it feels firmer.

xxhaimbondxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxhaimbondxx

Got one of these from eBay a couple of years ago. It was great for a few months and then stopped recovering under my big butt. We tried to turn it 180 every months or so, but after a while, the mattress would develop a huge dip in the middle. My back would let me know exactly when it was time to turn it. It came with a 10 year warranty, but to use it, I'd have to ship the mattress back. It would probably cost me over $300, plus weeks without the mattress, so I decided to pull the trigger on this one. Crossing my fingers, woot.

ahiko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahiko

I jumped on it. I'm excited after reading all the comments in previous listings as well.

Cousin, your responses helped a lot!

I can't wait to get this to my first new apartment! Finally becoming a big girl. :D

rvfiver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvfiver

To answer your question below, this is a softer version of a firm mattress, and it does not swallow us up. We can tell when the other gets out of bed but that is about it. Now ours is the shorter ten inch, and only two inches of gel foam. I believe the extra inch would be even better.

thomas998 wrote:Since they don't offer the name of the mattress I can't tell you if mine is the same as this one... but I can only say that I haven't slept worth a flip on our memory foam mattress since we got it. If we hadn't hauled off the old mattress when we brought the new one into the house I can assure you we would be on the old worn out mattress instead of the new memory foam one.

I have known some people that love them... but I have also known even more that hate them.

You should also know that their are different memory foam mattresses, some are soft some are hard as hell and some in between. Since you can't tell from the internet which this is I would highly caution you against getting it. In my case our mattress is just too darned soft, is practically swallows up anyone that dares lay on it... if it was one of the firmer variety I might not mind it... but just understand that you could get a mattress way different from what you expect.

EasyGoinGal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages EasyGoinGal

Thanks So the mattress will move with the movement of the adjustable bed? I was wondering if it would remain flat or sink into the shape of the bed

iceman2989 wrote:This thickness is quite common on adjustable bases, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Source: I sell mattresses for a living.

rvfiver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvfiver
MercurialDeity wrote:Well after thinking about this every time its up, I finally decided to bite the bullet and order one. Does anyone have any suggestions for memory foam pillows to go with this?

We have always preferred regular latex (Oh My Fragrant Garlic!) foam pillow shaped pillows over memory foam, polyester, or down. We use those with this mattress just great!

countdingo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages countdingo
sez wrote:Does anybody know if the mattress contains Latex? Considering this for my daughter, but she has a latex allergy.

Thanks!

Same issue here, but it's the significant other with the allergy. Can someone answer this? Needs to be latex-free (even though there's no direct contact with the mattress itself).

ETA: aaand, nevermind. I'd like to know so the next time it goes on sale, I'm informed, but I just noticed the queen is sold out...

zadriel

quality posts: 8 Private Messages zadriel

Woot! You are ticking me off. you and I BOTH know you could sell more of these. I'm sick of getting ready to buy after reading all the comments only to find that the QUEEN SIZED are sold out. The manufacturer AND you could offer more of these. Why the crap do you do this? seriously.... I think in the future, I'm just going to forget about buying anything here.

cmlabelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmlabelle
mdsllc wrote:Bought a queen to replace my 5 year old "hot" tempurpedic. Does anyone have any ideas what to do with the old mattress? I already have a doorstop. Is it sellable? Goodwill? Will Woot send a service to pick it up?

If selling it for the money is not an issue, you might consider donating it to a homeless shelter or any shelter for that matter.

EasyGoinGal

Thanks so much!!

EasyGoinGal wrote:Thanks So the mattress will move with the movement of the adjustable bed? I was wondering if it would remain flat or sink into the shape of the bed

EasyGoinGal

Now queen is sold out????

enigmaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigmaos

Full is sold out as well.

thewallrus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewallrus

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Slumber-Solutions-Gel-Memory-Foam-12-inch-Queen-size-Mattress/6995894/product.html?refccid=NFZXR3F42XDIL5KFKUWRGVB2RU&searchidx=8

After comparing pictures and dimensions of each layer, this is it I believe. The dimensions of the mattress whole is off by half an inch but there is a note that says it may vary because of manufacturing cutting.

kamalv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamalv

Anyone know how long till this gets shipped?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kamalv wrote:Anyone know how long till this gets shipped?

Please be aware that standard shipping on items is usually 3-5 business days from the sale (sometimes much sooner than that). We ask that you allow a couple more days for your item(s) to ship.

We recommend that if you don't see any tracking updates/activity by May 30th, to please write into support@woot.com and let them know.

kamalv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamalv

I have a few items that have past the 3-5 day mark any chance do you know when they will be shipped?

ROGETRAY wrote:Please be aware that standard shipping on items is usually 3-5 business days from the sale (sometimes much sooner than that). We ask that you allow a couple more days for your item(s) to ship.

We recommend that if you don't see any tracking updates/activity by May 30th, to please write into support@woot.com and let them know.

joemama999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joemama999

Help me....they are still packing my mattress.Hope it's getting packed with money.Let's see...take box put label on and ship.

ThunderThighs

Staff

joemama999 wrote:Help me....they are still packing my mattress.Hope it's getting packed with money.Let's see...take box put label on and ship.

Don't forget Monday was a holiday. And they have to ship out the hundreds that we sold that day.

The vendor posted during the sale:

cousineaud wrote:With Monday being a Holiday, the mattresses wouldn't start to ship until next Tuesday. But all should be shipped out by next Wednesday. Shipping times vary, but you should receive in about 4 days from when it is shipped.

FORUM MODERATOR