kaizo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaizo

So I'm guessing the factory reconditioned receiver has fixed/solved the common HDMI problem/failure? Thanks.

abjonesma


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abjonesma
onkyousa wrote:Hello abjonesma, this is Onkyo USA's Product Support department and we'd like to provide the correct answer for this question. While you can now send the 2 channel audio signal for either the HDMI MAIN or HDMI SUB connected TVs via the AUDIO TV OUT options; HDMI THRU is only specified for the HDMI MAIN input.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.



Thank you, Onkyo. I wasn't specific enough in my question. I like to monitor TV coming in via my TiVo while listening to either an FM radio broadcast, Internet radio, e.g. TuneIn, or my iPod, perhaps via Bluetooth. Is it possible to do that with the 626? I appreciate your response!

onkyousa


quality posts: 31 Private Messages onkyousa
JoxerMighty wrote:yeah thats just the standard Samsung adaptor to an HDMI output. I have one similar to that one that works to connect directly to an HDTV's HDMI input.
But that doesn't require a special "MHL" HDMI input port that this Onkyo receiver has. What would be used to get extra MHL features via the Onkyo MHL HDMI input port compared to regular HDMI with the Samsung adaptor? What extra features should be available with Onkyo MHL input compared to standard HDMI input?




I can personally state that I use that same adaptor to broadcast Netflix from my s4; while my fiancé has a HTC EVO 3D phone and Toshiba Excite and her MHL cable that simply plugs in and play easier than my s4. As the HDMI input designated also doubles as the MHL input; it will provide the audio/video connection for MHL-compatible smartphones and tablets.

onkyousa


quality posts: 31 Private Messages onkyousa
abjonesma wrote:Thank you, Onkyo. I wasn't specific enough in my question. I like to monitor TV coming in via my TiVo while listening to either an FM radio broadcast, Internet radio, e.g. TuneIn, or my iPod, perhaps via Bluetooth. Is it possible to do that with the 626? I appreciate your response!




Hello again abjonesma; to answer your question; you can watch Tivo in the main zone and also stream audio from your TUNER or Internet Radio, e.g. TuneIn or Sirius Online, etc. Bluetooth broadcasting for ZONE 2 is different in which it must be utilized in the MAIN zone as well as ZONE 2 for broadcasting. So if you'd like to listen to your iPod via Bluetooth- it will also have to be active and broadcasting in your main listening area as well.

gthadi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gthadi

Hello! I bought the HT-RC160 a few years ago (4?) and while yeah it runs hot, I have never had a single problem. I run a 360 and a ps3 through it and I am very happy with it. Not sure if buying this particular receiver is worth it but for a budgeted home theater in a box set up I am happy.

onkyousa


quality posts: 31 Private Messages onkyousa
gthadi wrote:Hello! I bought the HT-RC160 a few years ago (4?) and while yeah it runs hot, I have never had a single problem. I run a 360 and a ps3 through it and I am very happy with it. Not sure if buying this particular receiver is worth it but for a budgeted home theater in a box set up I am happy.




Hello gthadi; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we'd like to thank you for being another proud Onkyo owner who can express his satisfaction with our product- as there are many others as well. If you ever need assistance or have any concerns on your HT-RC 160; please feel free to contact us at askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com for further assistance. We thank you again for choosing Onkyo!

mercator1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mercator1

Can all the setup be done using the front panel display without being attached to a TV? I plan to use it as a stereo receiver, and need to go through the setup without OSD.

onkyousa


quality posts: 31 Private Messages onkyousa
mercator1 wrote:Can all the setup be done using the front panel display without being attached to a TV? I plan to use it as a stereo receiver, and need to go through the setup without OSD.




Yes mercator1; you can use the LED front panel of the receiver for setting up this receiver. Now it will initially prompt you to " SEE TV"- do this trick: connect a HDMI cable from the HDMI OUT of the receiver INTO an available HDMI input (such as CBL/SAT). Press the ENTER button and will disable that prompt.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

drock3800


quality posts: 2 Private Messages drock3800
narahari wrote:I have an Onkyo receiver that was barely used over last year - horrible UX for setup and the first time I tried to use it with full speakers and a powered subwoofer, it failed. No sound output from it. I called Onkyo support and after having me do factory reset, he concluded its bad and asked me if I would be interested in a trade-in.

Guys, receivers are supposed to last much longer.

Would not touch an Onkyo product with a 20 ft pole at this point. Going with an Yamaha instead.



I've had an onkyo 7.1 unit for 8 years now and have never had a problem. Go figure.

Pratulkumar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pratulkumar
narahari wrote:I have an Onkyo receiver that was barely used over last year - horrible UX for setup and the first time I tried to use it with full speakers and a powered subwoofer, it failed. No sound output from it. I called Onkyo support and after having me do factory reset, he concluded its bad and asked me if I would be interested in a trade-in.

Guys, receivers are supposed to last much longer.

Would not touch an Onkyo product with a 20 ft pole at this point. Going with an Yamaha instead.


I have reverse experience, have both Yamaha and Onkyo since past 10 years and Yamaha (HTR-5560) died while Onkyo still works!

Mepen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mepen

Sorry I'm late to the party, but here is my experience with Onkyo.
Bought a NR3007 three years ago.
4 months ago no sound.
Called parts and service and supplied information regarding a repair and never heard back.
Woot offers NR626 this last time.
I decide to take a chance.
After purchasing I see the comments on Woot and leave a comment detailing the above.
Onkyo support IMMEDIATELY contacts me and resolves the issues with the NR3007 by doing a repair.
Independent repair shop says Onkyo is REALLY standing behind their products and is VERY concerned with customer satisfaction.
NR626 OUTSTANDING unit. Love the BT and WIFI something my NR3007 doesn't have.
Many comments on boards regarding lack of response to problems can be tracked to seeking help from the wrong departments. I know, I was one of them.
Finally, if you are thinking of getting a NR626 DO NOT HESITATE!
You will not be disappointed. Their words ARE backed by action if by some chance you have a problem.
Thank You Onkyo
Now if Mr. Ford would just get back to me about my truck....

onkyousa


quality posts: 31 Private Messages onkyousa
Pratulkumar wrote:I have reverse experience, have both Yamaha and Onkyo since past 10 years and Yamaha (HTR-5560) died while Onkyo still works!




Hey Pratulkumar; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we thank you for your comments. We also would like to inform you that we do provide 24 hour Product Support at (800) 229-1687 and also have a FAQ and Product Support forum as well at forums@onkyousa.com to better assist you as well. We thank you for your posting and also for choosing Onkyo. - DP

onkyousa


quality posts: 31 Private Messages onkyousa
Mepen wrote:Sorry I'm late to the party, but here is my experience with Onkyo.
Bought a NR3007 three years ago.
4 months ago no sound.
Called parts and service and supplied information regarding a repair and never heard back.
Woot offers NR626 this last time.
I decide to take a chance.
After purchasing I see the comments on Woot and leave a comment detailing the above.
Onkyo support IMMEDIATELY contacts me and resolves the issues with the NR3007 by doing a repair.
Independent repair shop says Onkyo is REALLY standing behind their products and is VERY concerned with customer satisfaction.
NR626 OUTSTANDING unit. Love the BT and WIFI something my NR3007 doesn't have.
Many comments on boards regarding lack of response to problems can be tracked to seeking help from the wrong departments. I know, I was one of them.
Finally, if you are thinking of getting a NR626 DO NOT HESITATE!
You will not be disappointed. Their words ARE backed by action if by some chance you have a problem.
Thank You Onkyo
Now if Mr. Ford would just get back to me about my truck....





Hello again Mepen; how did you enjoy your holiday weekend? Thank you for your awesome feedback and personal testimony on our support efforts and servicing. As always- if you have any questions or concerns- please feel free to contact us at askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com and we will gladly assist you.

CowBear


quality posts: 3 Private Messages CowBear
onkyousa wrote:How was your Memorial Day weekend CowBear?? I'm so glad to read your feedback and also thank you for your cooperation and belief in our revamped support services. On behalf of Onkyo USA; we thank you for your choice in Onkyo and humbly appreciate customers like yourself for your support.

Memorial Day weekend was great! I saw the new X-Men movie and it surpassed all expectations. If you haven't seen it yet, you really should.

Although I am a little sad that I don't get to upgrade to a new receiver now, I would not hesitate to buy another Onkyo receiver in the future. Onkyo's commitment to its customers is obvious from their posts here. They stand behind their products and that's all the reason I need. Thanks OnkyoUSA and keep up the good work!

narahari


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narahari
Pratulkumar wrote:I have reverse experience, have both Yamaha and Onkyo since past 10 years and Yamaha (HTR-5560) died while Onkyo still works!



Interesting. I guess all manufacturers ship some lemons. May be avoid Yamaha as well.

onkyousa


quality posts: 31 Private Messages onkyousa
CowBear wrote:Memorial Day weekend was great! I saw the new X-Men movie and it surpassed all expectations. If you haven't seen it yet, you really should.

Although I am a little sad that I don't get to upgrade to a new receiver now, I would not hesitate to buy another Onkyo receiver in the future. Onkyo's commitment to its customers is obvious from their posts here. They stand behind their products and that's all the reason I need. Thanks OnkyoUSA and keep up the good work!




Hello again CowBear; thanks again for your posts and feedback on our support and services and glad to read that you are now enjoying your receiver again. I will go see X-Men this weekend- as I was hesitant on viewing it.

kmsshaffer


quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmsshaffer
mjampolsky wrote:Um... turn off the extra speakers in the setup?
Did you use the setup mic? That will do it for you.



My old Denon let me change this feature at a touch of a button. If you call having to go into set-up to do something like this a user friendly set-up, I have to disagee.
Yes, I used the mic and thank you for the input.

kaeli99


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaeli99

Okay - after thinking about it most of the day and reading all the comments, I sprung for this receiver with 5 mins left until the sale ended. I'm going to replace a 15 year old Denon 2801 that I bought as a re-furb. It was a great receiver for me, but the features this has just made it to tempting to pass by. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a good unit for many yrs of use - the fact there was an Onkyo rep on here all day answering questions and seemed very helpful was a good sign. When I measured my Denon's dimensions and found that this unit was almost the exact same size, I knew it would fit in my cabinet and the feeling was "go for it".

kmsshaffer


quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmsshaffer
onkyousa wrote:Hello kmsshaffer; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we really thank you for your great appraisal and feedback on your NR 626. We believe you purchased a great receiver, if we can say so, and want to again provide you with some assistance to configure your receiver for 2.1 audio broadcast.

Go into the HOME SETUP menu of the receiver (TOOLBOX) and press the ENTER button. Now scroll down to 2. SPEAKER SETUP and press ENTER again. Scroll down to 2.2 SPKR CONFIG and press ENTER; then make the following choices in this submenu:

SUBWOOFER: YES
FRONT: 80 Hz (THx)
CENTER: NONE
SURROUND: NONE

When completed, press the HOME button repeatedly to fully exit the submenus. This should now advise the processor that you are ONLY running a 2.1 audio system and not broadcast a 5.1 or 7.1 audio output. If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.



Hello Rep,

Thanks very much for the instructions. As I mentioned in another post, I'm just amazed I need to go through this to change such a basic setting. Again, the Denon I had let me cycle through all the possible speaker configs without having to alter the setup. So though I'm happy to hear it's possible to make this change, i am disappointed at the complexity of doing so. The only reason I upgraded (though in sound quality it was a downgrade) was for the newer features such as wireless, aps and HDMI connections. Again, thanks very much for the instructions.

drakar2007


quality posts: 2 Private Messages drakar2007
abjonesma wrote:Thank you, Onkyo. I wasn't specific enough in my question. I like to monitor TV coming in via my TiVo while listening to either an FM radio broadcast, Internet radio, e.g. TuneIn, or my iPod, perhaps via Bluetooth. Is it possible to do that with the 626? I appreciate your response!



It's probably too late now (and definitely the wrong day) but in case you're still wondering - the 626 will allow you to select one video source, and then when you select any of the analog input sources (generally the audio-only ones), the audio will switch while the video will stay with the one you were already viewing.

Use case: watching TV or playing a video game through an HDMI input, but switch the audio over to "CD" where you've plugged in a set of analog RCA cables with a second audio source (laptop, mp3 player, etc etc). This solution also doesn't require you to have a zone 2 speaker setup. The one thing I miss is the ability to do this with the "Net" radio setting, as I listen to Sirius pretty often through the receiver and it forces you to switch over the video at the same time.

dkelsey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkelsey

I purchased and then opened up the manual. I have 4ohm speakers and the manual only references a 4ohm impedance adjustment option for European models. I did see the warning that using < 6ohm speakers (on the North American version) at a high level for a long period of time will activate the amp protection circuit. Am I safer to shop for higher impedance speakers?

Dave

mikes123


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikes123
onkyousa wrote:we already resolved his issue via firmware

That is completely incorrect. ONE of multiple issues was addressed, and the associated firmware has still not been officially released. The posted firmware is still from 12/3/2013.

He is not happy that we are not within his specifications for DLNA configuration; although we are within DLNA's certification.

Just. Wow. The networking issues I mentioned have nothing to do with DLNA, as you've been informed several times. It certainly appears that Onkyo simply lacks the knowledge it should have to sell and support a device intended for use on a network.

It is a fact, though, that your receivers do not follow DLNA recommendations, and are limited in how they can be networked and also produce excessive and unnecessary traffic on any network to which they're attached.

ShaWel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaWel

Caveats: The Spotify interface works only if you have a premium account. I don't know if that's true for the others, but it does also support Sirius, Pandora, Last.fm, and a whole bunch of others.

My remote stopped working almost immediately. Fortunately there is an Onkyo remote app (v2, iPhone & Android) which serves quite well, and unlike with some electronics, you can still get to all the functions from the front panel.

Last, for setting up your speaker system, the "Setup" menu can be accessed repeatedly, so any time you add, remove or change speakers you just run the auto-configuration/equalization with the setup mic. You don't even have to tell it how many speakers you have.

The manual on the CD is kind of crappy but it pointed me in enough of the right directions that I was able to get things configured more or less the way I wanted them in one evening.

ShaWel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaWel
dkelsey wrote: Am I safer to shop for higher impedance speakers?

Dave



Yes, shop for higher impedance speakers. Definitely don't use the 4 Ohm.

manrandy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages manrandy

I had the day off today and decided to swap out my old receiver for the new Onkyo. I switched over all the wires and cables and then plugged it in. SOB it would not power up! Called Onkyo support and he said to return it. Wow what a bummer and wasted morning.



gregw504


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregw504

I purchased this Onkyo receiver in June 2014. It completely died on 9-28-14 during a fottball game viewing event. It is surposed to be still under manufactory warrranty. I received no assistance from Onkyo except to mail the unit to Michigan at my cost then pay for them diagnois the problem for $80. Woot has done nothing to assist. don't buy it seem to have possiably over heated to me. Has anyone else had a simular issue?

gregw504


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregw504
manrandy wrote:I had the day off today and decided to swap out my old receiver for the new Onkyo. I switched over all the wires and cables and then plugged it in. SOB it would not power up! Called Onkyo support and he said to return it. Wow what a bummer and wasted morning.



They don't give any support. Very fustrating

gregw504


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregw504
onkyousa wrote:Hello again Mepen; how did you enjoy your holiday weekend? Thank you for your awesome feedback and personal testimony on our support efforts and servicing. As always- if you have any questions or concerns- please feel free to contact us at askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com and we will gladly assist you.



I have been waiting since 9-29-14 for a call back from tech support

gregw504


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregw504
onkyousa wrote:Hello again CowBear; thanks again for your posts and feedback on our support and services and glad to read that you are now enjoying your receiver again. I will go see X-Men this weekend- as I was hesitant on viewing it.


Looks like a lot has changed since May. glade you had a better experence.