tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer

my favorites =) (in random order)

toby8915's Addon Keyboard for Adult Web Cam Hosts - words fail me
heather8's Voice activated gavel - it must pound pretty light if that little lever thing at the bottom can take it, or maybe it's made out of titanium ;)
theunknownartist's woot off set - man, you needa market these
briannyc128's stocktrader gun - you crack me up
intaglio's wirless piano - umm...can you even play "three blind mice" with just one octave?
SkekTek's captioned cat picture keypad - my attempts at being funny so far are pathetic, so I won't try for this one.

and of course how could anyone resist Josephus's monkey poop dispenser? (as a monkey prize)

tehpwnerer

heather8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heather8

Thanks Shan & tehpwnerer ! I appreciate it!

Some of my favorites this week (in order of appearance):

mwiseman's Ambulance Chaser 5000
mpturkey's Slot Machine Handle
toby8915's Digi Wand (HP Freak here *grin*)
briannyc128's Troubled Trader's Tool
tgentry's Lunch Lady 5000

Jack53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack53

sorry did not mean to post.

ganome

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ganome

this was a hard contest imo

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Hey, thanks Heather & Joe!

mpturkey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mpturkey
heather8 wrote:Thanks Shan & tehpwnerer ! I appreciate it!

Some of my favorites this week (in order of appearance):

mwiseman's Ambulance Chaser 5000
mpturkey's Slot Machine Handle
toby8915's Digi Wand (HP Freak here *grin*)
briannyc128's Troubled Trader's Tool
tgentry's Lunch Lady 5000

Thanks, Heather. This was my first serious (play on words) chop.
-mpturkey

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio
tehpwnerer wrote:
intaglio's wirless piano - umm...can you even play "three blind mice" with just one octave?

you can play it if you buy more of those piano add-ons and place them next to each other ;)

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
intaglio wrote:you can play it if you buy more of those piano add-ons and place them next to each other ;)

It'll end up looking like that 6-player texas hold'em set that was on here.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
tehpwnerer wrote:my favorites =) (in random order)
SkekTek's captioned cat picture keypad - my attempts at being funny so far are pathetic, so I won't try for this one.

Thanks for the nod! I agree that intaglio's wireless piano was very very well done (much better than my attempt at keys).

-J

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
mpturkey wrote:Thanks, Heather. This was my first serious (play on words) chop.
-mpturkey

I think an attachment with the cash-out slot would've made this one great.

mpturkey

Josephus wrote:I think an attachment with the cash-out slot would've made this one great.

Agreed. I was also going to put a bill / coin acceptor in the picture but could only do so much with Paint.

Insomnix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Insomnix
Toadlet wrote:Yep, I'll admit it certainly sucked the life right out of my contest entry. I do enjoy changing the way I create pictures, and breaking out of the little box my chopping seems to keep me in, but it's still very time consuming for me. I think I'll be skipping both contests next weekend, since I'll be helping family move to another state. The withdrawal symptoms are gonna suck...

Then the worst.. You check the contests and realize it was the one you KNEW you could have killed in, and you say NOOOOOOO!! Why was it THIS WEEK?!?! hehe Yay WOOT!

Insomnix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Insomnix
BigTonyVT wrote:The Brangelina Easy Button

Sources
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and a screenshot of my own desktop wile surfing woot!.

I'm sorry.. but this is the funniest thing I have seen. The RES is a little low, but still, the concept is hilarious... A lot of the entries this week were pretty damn funny.. But this one made me laugh out loud..

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew

WOOT!!!

I finally got paid!

Shaving.

rivulet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rivulet
wonderstew wrote:WOOT!!!

I finally got paid!

Yeah, me too!

I guess whoever predicted a payday right around the corner was dead on.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

rivulet wrote:Yeah, me too!

I guess whoever predicted a payday right around the corner was dead on.

It's all in the numbers, child!

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
tgentry wrote:It's all in the numbers, child!

I think it has to do with Tgentry's monkey coming back.

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet
Insomnix wrote:Then the worst.. You check the contests and realize it was the one you KNEW you could have killed in, and you say NOOOOOOO!! Why was it THIS WEEK?!?! hehe Yay WOOT!

Hmm... Maybe I could put something together Thursday night...

(west coast wooter)
\/\/ ( \/\/ !

I appear to be melting.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

My picks:
michaeltal "Vick addon"
mpturkey "slot machine"
tgentry "lunch lady"
And I liked these two, but don't follow the "professions" criteria
Unknown artists' "I want one" & BigTonyVT's brad & angelna - which also is too big and poor res.

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
YouCantWootThis wrote:The three "R"s of school are Reading, wRiting, and aRithmetic
The three "R"s of conservation are Reduce, Re-use, Recycle.

The three "R"s of Computer Science are illustrated in this winning (IMHO) chop:
Re-boot, Re-Install, get a Refund...

This is an excellent chop, and so practical for those of us that use a PC...

No comments on the three "R"s of computer science? I thought this was pithy and insightful at the very least...

tehpwnerer

YouCantWootThis wrote:No comments on the three "R"s of computer science? I thought this was pithy and insightful at the very least...

Maybe people are scared of the disgusting truth in it. Or maybe they all use macs. ;)

michaeltal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaeltal
toby8915 wrote:My picks:
michaeltal "Vick addon"
mpturkey "slot machine"
tgentry "lunch lady"
Unknown artists' "I want one" & BigTonyVT's brad & angelna - which also is too big and poor res.

Thanks!!!!

PARTY!!!!!
Now go buy one of my shirts:

http://www.cafepress.com/bubbasdesigns

BigTonyVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigTonyVT
Insomnix wrote:I'm sorry.. but this is the funniest thing I have seen. The RES is a little low, but still, the concept is hilarious... A lot of the entries this week were pretty damn funny.. But this one made me laugh out loud..

epic lulz!, thanks!

Yeah, I couldn't find a better brad and angelina shot with them both looking over their shoulders, and when I created the file I just stupidly neglected to resize. If I had, though, then you would probably have no shot of seeing any of the gags in the description of the "item": "Garanteed Photogenic!" "Recently Neutered!" and "$1,000,000 +$5 shipping"....

BigTonyVT

michaeltal "Vick addon"
mpturkey "slot machine"
tgentry "lunch lady"

Thanks!

mpturkey

michaeltal "Vick addon"
mpturkey "slot machine"
tgentry "lunch lady"

Thanks, Toby! I appreciate the nod.
mpturkey

BigTonyVT

Ok, I re-sized the Brangelina Easy Button to meet the standards of the contest. You can still get to the full size one here.

SkekTek

Question to the veteran contesters: how long do you tend to keep your images on the hosting sites? IE- a few weeks, then down they go? I've got several weeks of loser entries that I'm itching to nuke.

And good luck folks!

SkekTek

YouCantWootThis wrote:No comments on the three "R"s of computer science? I thought this was pithy and insightful at the very least...

I thought it was the three P's: purchase, problems, pitch it. Pretty much sums up the entire Packard-Bell lineup a decade ago.

I still have a functioning, happy IBM XT in my wood shop with some really old, useful programs (in Fortran of all languages) that has outlived several Dells and Gateways...

faithcoaching

quality posts: 1 Private Messages faithcoaching
SkekTek wrote:Question to the veteran contesters: how long do you tend to keep your images on the hosting sites? IE- a few weeks, then down they go? I've got several weeks of loser entries that I'm itching to nuke.

And good luck folks!

Keep 'em up ... the forums are eternal. And somebody, 100 years from now, may get a chuckle from your work.

Go gators! Go Hokies!

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
faithcoaching wrote:Keep 'em up ... the forums are eternal. And somebody, 100 years from now, may get a chuckle from your work.

hehe, advice from the man who changed ISPs in the middle of a contest, rendering his entries unviewable by the judges!

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
intaglio wrote:

Well Tempered!

Signature censored by Woot

Toadlet

SkekTek wrote:I still have a functioning, happy IBM XT in my wood shop with some really old, useful programs (in Fortran of all languages) that has outlived several Dells and Gateways...

I had a functioning IBM AT until I junked it about 5 years ago. For an 80286, it had "good" specs: 10 MHz Intel processor (and coprocessor?), 2 MB RAM (via Rampage ISA expansion board), two 40 MB 5.25" MFM hard drives, bus mouse, EGA monitor, 9 pin dot-matrix printer. But get this - the BIOS didn't support 1.44 MB floppy drives, custom hard drive specs, or the F11 and F12 keys. This was actually my first computer, purchased cheap because it was already obsolete, but still useful. 100 upgrades later, and you've got my current PC.

Ahh, the good ol' days of 16 colors and hard drive interleaves.

I appear to be melting.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Toadlet wrote:I had a functioning IBM AT until I junked it about 5 years ago. For an 80286, it had "good" specs: 10 MHz Intel processor (and coprocessor?), 2 MB RAM (via Rampage ISA expansion board), two 40 MB 5.25" MFM hard drives, bus mouse, EGA monitor, 9 pin dot-matrix printer. But get this - the BIOS didn't support 1.44 MB floppy drives, custom hard drive specs, or the F11 and F12 keys. This was actually my first computer, purchased cheap because it was already obsolete, but still useful. 100 upgrades later, and you've got my current PC.

Ahh, the good ol' days of 16 colors and hard drive interleaves.

and booting with a program disk.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

First woot fills up my paypal account, and now I just received my long desired monkey prize. Woot, you've charmed me.

Toadlet

Josephus wrote:and booting with a program disk.

Oh, wow. Not counting any Apple II 's I used, I did have one Space Invaders type game that did just that. I also had a couple customized (batch menus) DOS boot disks handy for when I used a certain IBM PS/2 without a hard drive. At least it had two 1.44 MB drives so I wouldn't have to switch disks a lot and worry about COMSPEC settings. If you know what I mean, then you know what I mean.

I appear to be melting.

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
tgentry wrote:First woot fills up my paypal account, and now I just received my long desired monkey prize. Woot, you've charmed me.

What'dja get, TG?

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Uh oh, I just hope dsb got a monkey prize today too!

faithcoaching

quality posts: 1 Private Messages faithcoaching
JoeDeeDee wrote:hehe, advice from the man who changed ISPs in the middle of a contest, rendering his entries unviewable by the judges!

That was worth a monkey prize though!

I had intended to move 'em over, you know, and those guys just took it down SO quick.

Go gators! Go Hokies!

Toadlet

shan24 wrote:Uh oh, I just hope dsb got a monkey prize today too!

Yes, indeed. The monkeys made a successful flight.

I appear to be melting.