bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
ROGETRAY wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't fault you for that. That game is much more fun with co-op or multiplayer.

Halo 2 was also VERY excited and kinda ramped up the action.
Again, more of a multiple player endeavor.

Halo CE Anniversary added co-op to the original Halo campaign. It doesn't make sense with the story to have 2 Master Chiefs running around, but still fun.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Week 5/5/14

Which video game system and games are these screenshots from?

#6 (MUY DIFICIL!)

lichme

quality posts: 2846 Private Messages lichme

#2 Outrun
#5 Bram Stoker's Dracula

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte

#1 NARC?

Are they all from the same system? If so, I'd guess Genesis.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 59 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 169

Psst... wanna see my badges?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

#3 Home Alone - Game Gear (I think or Genesis version)

ROGETRAY

Staff

You're all soo very close...

- someone has already named the correct game system.

- 3 out of 6 games have been guessed correctly

lichme

#1: Judge Dredd
#2: Outrun
#3: Home Alone
#4: Chicago Syndicate
#5: Bram Stoker's Dracula
#6: Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya

Game Gear

ROGETRAY

Staff

lichme wrote:#1: Judge Dredd
#2: Outrun
#3: Home Alone
#4: Chicago Syndicate
#5: Bram Stoker's Dracula
#6: Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya

Game Gear

IT'S LIKE YOU CAN READ MINDS..................

ROGETRAY

Staff

Here, we can also discuss the video/board/tabletop games WE NEVER FINISHED

-Too difficult?

-Game take WAY too long?!

-Did you just simply give up because it lost it's luster?

Here are today's picks:

Grand Theft Auto III

I remember when this game swept the nation. I recall many times when my friends and I sat around and sadistically laughed at the chaos of the game.

I also remember that I NEVER quite finished the game....

Those who were fortunate enough to get the last "mission" then you were aware of the broken-winged airplane you find at the end of the game.

Much like a small kitten who has found string for the first time, I was entranced. I spent a majority of my remaining time trying to get that sucker to fly.
Eventually...after many failed attempts...I became angered and refused to finish the game.

Ironically, today's GTA has so many different modes of flight.

World of Warcraft

This game consumed me for so many years.

Level 70 Disc Priest you say? Yes, it was awesome sauce.

I was so consumed by this game that I'm certain it had minor contributions to the downfall of many relationships.

However long I was dedicated (I lost the years) I NEVER actually played any of the "end-game" material.

I am not disappointed by this however, seeing as I'm no longer consumed by the "carrot on a stick".

If given the opportunity today, I don't know if I'd delve back into the trenches of WoW. The game has had many new expansions and additions.

I've seen war man....I CAN'T...I WON'T GO BACK....

Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout 3 = AMAZING GAME.
Fallout: New Vegas = MEH?!

Fallout: NV was an excellent game, don't get me wrong. It had many of the same, wonderful elements that made Fallout 3 so great.

The game just...felt....the same?!
It appeared that the developers made this as an "expansion" or addon and decided to just release it as "standalone".

Halfway through the game I realized this and decided to FALLOUT of the series

bsmith1

ROGETRAY wrote:

Looks so much like Rad Racer.

The best part about this game was the nausea-inducing 3D mode!

FrostByte

ROGETRAY wrote:

Grand Theft Auto III

World of Warcraft

Fallout: New Vegas

The GTA series is probably one of the first modern games that I actually did follow through to the end of the primary campaign. I've completed GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV (not the add-ons though), and GTA V.

I've played WoW as a demo at a buddies house and cannot get into those games (my time and wallet are likely happier that I do not).

I've not played a Fallout game, though I might have tried a demo.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

ROGETRAY

Staff

FrostByte wrote:The GTA series is probably one of the first modern games that I actually did follow through to the end of the primary campaign. I've completed GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV (not the add-ons though), and GTA V.

I've played WoW as a demo at a buddies house and cannot get into those games (my time and wallet are likely happier that I do not).

I've not played a Fallout game, though I might have tried a demo.

Which was your favorite GTA?

FrostByte

ROGETRAY wrote:Which was your favorite GTA?

Isn't that like picking a favorite child? OK, maybe not that bad.

I'd definitely have to break it down into generations.

On PS2, I think probably Vice City. As each city got larger, the entire thing seemed more impressive. But San Andreas added too much leveling up for my taste. Vice City was enough like GTA III but with enough cool additions to make it it's own game. I still remember driving the bus for fares, or delivering pizza.

On PS3, I think I prefer GTA V over GTA IV. I wasn't sure I'd like the 3 character campaign, but it really worked. If MP wasn't so much fun, I'd dive back into campaign to see what else there is to do. IV was good, but V takes it to another level.

ROGETRAY

Staff

FrostByte wrote:Isn't that like picking a favorite child? OK, maybe not that bad.

I'd definitely have to break it down into generations.

On PS2, I think probably Vice City. As each city got larger, the entire thing seemed more impressive. But San Andreas added too much leveling up for my taste. Vice City was enough like GTA III but with enough cool additions to make it it's own game. I still remember driving the bus for fares, or delivering pizza.

On PS3, I think I prefer GTA V over GTA IV. I wasn't sure I'd like the 3 character campaign, but it really worked. If MP wasn't so much fun, I'd dive back into campaign to see what else there is to do. IV was good, but V takes it to another level.

Agreed on both generations. Vice City had the BEST music ever and it also introduced helicopters, tanks and motorcycles.
I played San Andreas for a bit too but never fully beat the game. I liked the pseudo-rpg elements to the game.

GTA V was (IMO) the greatest video game experience I've ever had. The entire game was amazing from beginning to end and so beautifully designed.

I never got to try MP on GTA V but I've also heard that it's really fun.

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
ROGETRAY wrote:Which was your favorite GTA?

ROGETRAY

Staff

These are the games that made us throw controllers, start fights with siblings and wish certain doom to game developers.

REASONS: Too difficult, boring, laggy/buggy, didn't meet expectations, etc...

WEEK:5/7/2014

This weeks' WORST VIDEO GAME EVER is:

GAME TITLE HERE (PLATFORM) – (RELEASED DATE)

Superman is one of the longest running superheroes and considered one of the greatest American cultural icons for many generations.

Since the dawn of video games many different comic heroes have had their stories told digitally. Many have fantasized and imagined being Superman and saving Metropolis.

This game destroyed those dreams.

When I was 18 yrs old I remember renting this game and watching the WB show every afternoon after school.

From start to finish this game destroyed the awesome fantasy and idea of Superman in my head.

The controls were atrocious and the graphics were subpar at best.
It almost appeared that this game was built in a weekend in someone's basement.

The game was so hated that it actually tainted the image of Superman. To this day, I still cannot look at Superman: The Animated Series without flinching.

Please comment/post and let us know what you think is the WORST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME

bsmith1

FrostByte wrote:That reminds me of something we misunderstood as kids. ...

Being young, we read it as "Applesauce Applesauce".

Even after it was pointed out to us, we'd still jump up, run around, and shout "Applesauce" whenever that came up!

I just remembered we used to pay this handheld poker game and it would occasionally flash "push!, push!"
We thought it meant to mash the buttons to see who won that hand...

FrostByte

ROGETRAY wrote:
GAME TITLE HERE (PLATFORM) – (RELEASED DATE)

I think a key piece was missed in your post.

I haven't played any superman games, so I can't relate, but knowing the name and platform might help others!

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
FrostByte wrote:I think a key piece was missed in your post.

I haven't played any superman games, so I can't relate, but knowing the name and platform might help others!

would seem to fit the description. But I doubt it is it though,

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 125 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Ohhh I bet he means Superman 64 which is legendarily terrible. You can get the gist in this first level play-through video, or read the review on Kotaku.

Every level was seriously just floating through rings within a time period (and at the end, maybe throw a car or punch some guy), but it was all made harder by the fact that the controls were boned and you could fly through the buildings glitch-style.

It seems like it was limited in production by DC & N64, Wikipedia goes somewhat into detail.

ROGETRAY

Staff

This week's game:

Pocket Odyssey

Link:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2056655161/pocket-odyssey?ref=discovery

Detail: In Pocket Odyssey players assume the roles of legendary heroes embarking on epic quests, defeating monsters, finding loot and pretty much anything the players mind can imagine. One of the players is chosen at the beginning of the game to be “the storyteller”, they use innovative quest building cards to help them create a quest for the other players on the fly. Each of the other players assume the role of a single hero, they get to create who that hero is and then how that hero interacts in the storytellers world.

Pocket Odyssey is designed to be portable, the first micro RPG ever, measuring 1in. thick, 3.5in. tall and 5.5in. wide, this game will quite literally fit in your pocket. Pocket Odyssey has been designed for board game players of all backgrounds to pick up and play. Ever been curious about what a role playing game is, but were too intimidated by all the rules? Maybe you have played role playing games before, but don’t have the time to commit to a huge campaign anymore. Just want an engaging and fun fantasy game? Pocket Odyssey is what you have been waiting for.

ROGETRAY

Staff

Week 5/12/14

Which video games are these screenshots from?

#6 (MUY DIFICIL!)

P.S

IT'S MORE FUN IF YOU DON'T USE GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH ;D

conanthelibrarian

So, I am stumped with everything but #2 has to be Austin Powers related due to the "evil" power bar and the kitty in the lower right hand corner and of course mini-me.

ROGETRAY

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:So, I am stumped with everything but #2 has to be Austin Powers related due to the "evil" power bar and the kitty in the lower right hand corner and of course mini-me.

Correct!

It's "Austin Powers: Welcome to My Underground Lair!" for GBC

conanthelibrarian

so I am guess these are all GBC titles? Very interesting.... Games on GBC typically do not look much like the "real" versions.

ROGETRAY

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:so I am guess these are all GBC titles? Very interesting.... Games on GBC typically do not look much like the "real" versions.

No, they're mixed today...different consoles/systems...

lichme

#2 is GTA II, I couldn't tell you any of the others. #6 makes me think I have played it before, however I have no idea what it is.

ROGETRAY

Staff

lichme wrote:#2 is GTA II, I couldn't tell you any of the others. #6 makes me think I have played it before, however I have no idea what it is.

Correct! It's GTA 2 for the Game Boy Color

barkwoot

quality posts: 110 Private Messages barkwoot
lichme wrote: #6 makes me think I have played it before, however I have no idea what it is.

+1

ROGETRAY

Staff

barkwoot wrote:+1

If someone were to guess (without cheating) what the game was I would be REALLY surprised LOL

It's actually one of the 1st games I ever played (as a teen).

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sellbuyer92
ROGETRAY wrote:If someone were to guess (without cheating) what the game was I would be REALLY surprised LOL

It's actually one of the 1st games I ever played (as a teen).

Just a guess...something that starts with z...ummm I played it once and thought it was hard...ZZT? Something like that...

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

ROGETRAY

Staff

sellbuyer92 wrote:Just a guess...something that starts with z...ummm I played it once and thought it was hard...ZZT? Something like that...

CORRECT!!

Yeah it was one of the 1st PC games I ever played. It was a ASCII rpg/block building game where you could design any game you wanted (if you have time and patience) hahahah

:D

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sellbuyer92

No cheats....just a hard look and brain power and help from lichme and Conan

1 pokemon platinum
2 Austin powers: welcome to my underground lair
3 gta 2
4 fallout tactics I think...
5 infinity wars?
6 ZZT

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

ROGETRAY

Staff

sellbuyer92 wrote:No cheats....just a hard look and brain power and help from lichme and Conan

1 pokemon platinum
2 Austin powers: welcome to my underground lair
3 gta 2
4 fallout tactics I think...
5 infinity wars?
6 ZZT

lichme

ROGETRAY wrote:CORRECT!!

Yeah it was one of the 1st PC games I ever played. It was a ASCII rpg/block building game where you could design any game you wanted (if you have time and patience) hahahah

:D

The first PC game I played at home was Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!

ROGETRAY

Staff

-Too difficult?

-Game take WAY too long?!

-Did you just simply give up because it lost it's luster?

Here are today's picks:

Tomb Raider (original/PS)

One of the 1st games I owned on the Playstation. It demonstrated that the Playstation was capable of awesome 3D graphics and easily surpassed earlier consoles.

Tomb Raider was an excellent game and very fun to play.
I was much younger however, and usually became VERY frustrated when I couldn't figure out a puzzle or route in which I was supposed to go.
Many of the levels progressively became more and more difficult (much like any other game).

I probably made it through 75% of the game, but the puzzles eventually overcame me and I conceded

Star Wars Rogue Squadron (N64)

I ALWAYS wanted to fly an X-Wing.
I STILL want to fly an X-Wing.

This game took my dreams, pressed "Frappe" and blended them into a Margarita of Disappointment (not as delicious as you might think).

The controls were shotty at best, the graphics were so-so and the difficulty was pretty high for a Star Wars game.

I don't think I'll be travelling back to Tatooine any time soon to slay womp rats.

Chinese Checkers

It's not so much that this was a difficult or long game, it's that I NEVER learned how to play it properly.

The other problem is that I could never find anyone to play the game with. Everyone I ever tried to play with was also confused as to how to play.

I eventually want to learn how to play. It's similar to regular checkers...right?!

skemmis

quality posts: 15 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

Yeah am I the only one who thought Tomb Raider was too boring to play all the way through? No amount of pixilated boobage was able to get even 12-year-old skemmis all the way through it.

But Chinese Checkers, Roge? It's not exactly rocket science.

ROGETRAY

Staff

skemmis wrote:Yeah am I the only one who thought Tomb Raider was too boring to play all the way through? No amount of pixilated boobage was able to get even 12-year-old skemmis all the way through it.

But Chinese Checkers, Roge? It's not exactly rocket science.

Well, to my defense...I did pick up the "Rocket Science Chinese Checkers" version....

FrostByte

I never finished Tomb Raider on the PS1 either. I agree it was fun, but did get frustrating.

I have not played the Star Wars game.

We used to play Chinese checkers all the time at our grandparent's house... a great game when you have lots of cousins!

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
ROGETRAY wrote:

Tomb Raider (original/PS)

TR was a favorite of mine. A group of friends and I played it constantly until we completed it. I remember many of days that I would go straight from work to the "dungeon" (friends basement where we played the PS1 most times) to continue playing from the night before.

P.S. - I just found this thread and am kind of bummed that I didn't know about it sooner. I blame Frostbyte for not telling me.