SuperJew4711

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SuperJew4711

Woot doesn't show mine as shipped, but I just got a notification from FedEx that I'm receiving a package from OLIVE BRANCH, MS that is in transit, and will arrive on Wednesday, 30 July. (FedEx alerts me of any packages inbound to me, even without having the tracking #).

A post from a previous woot of the same item shows that they got theirs from Olive Branch, MS as well, and I can't think of any other package I'm expecting at all. My guess is that this is my Chromebook, and that Woot just didn't getting the shipping info from the vendor yet.

What Pants?

bchevrier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bchevrier

My Chromebook arrived today! Woot still says, "Tracking: Unavailable".

But the condition of the Chromebook is perfect. It looks brand new.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:

GUYS! IT'S EARLY YET FOR THESE TO SHIP!

I know y'all are used to fast shipping on some other sites but we're not those sites.

It will take 3-5 business days for these to ship out. This is 2nd business day.

Emailing CS will not help speed things up. Just hang tight, please.

See above if you're asking when it will ship.

If you already got it and didn't get a shipping notification, it could be that we will get the tracking file when they all ship and you happen to live close to the vendor.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

velvetshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages velvetshark
bchevrier wrote:My Chromebook arrived today! Woot still says, "Tracking: Unavailable".

But the condition of the Chromebook is perfect. It looks brand new.

May I ask where you live? Here in Minnesota we haven't seen anything yet.

bchevrier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bchevrier
velvetshark wrote:May I ask where you live? Here in Minnesota we haven't seen anything yet.

I'm in Columbus, Ohio.

LucerinRed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LucerinRed

Yeah, I still haven't received shipping notification.

Well, I guess technically I did receive an email that said my order shipped, but when it arrived, it was just a cable that I also ordered. My wife was very angry at me because I told her her laptop was going to be there that day. So, apparently that notification was just for the cable and not the laptop.

Seriously woot. Is it that hard to split your orders up in the email and say which products have and haven't shipped?

velvetshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages velvetshark

I just wonder how they sort out who gets what when. I ordered mine around 12:30 AM, and my order status still says 'Shipping Now'. It's confusing that someone's still says 'shipping now' when others have received theirs already.

eh1982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eh1982
velvetshark wrote:I just wonder how they sort out who gets what when. I ordered mine around 12:30 AM, and my order status still says 'Shipping Now'. It's confusing that someone's still says 'shipping now' when others have received theirs already.

It's very difficult for me to continue ordering products from here, I like to know the status of something in transit so I can make sure someone is home to receive it and that it doesn't get stolen off the front porch... with in-climate weather in my area I'd also like to ensure it isn't sitting in the rain for several hours.

mckemie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mckemie

In Texas, got mine yesterday, 7/29. Using it to post this question. Haven't figured out how to get the 4G to work. Stuck the supplied SIM card in the indicated slot. Can someone point me toward instructions?

These keys really do not "fall to finger".

Linksys notebook adapters 11/30/05
WD 250 gig HD 1/11/06
2 gig USB drives 1/3/07
Jumbo universal remote 2/12/08
eMachines Notebook 1/28/09
Seagate FreeAgent Dockstar 6/23/10

eh1982

mckemie wrote:In Texas, got mine yesterday, 7/29. Using it to post this question. Haven't figured out how to get the 4G to work. Stuck the supplied SIM card in the indicated slot. Can someone point me toward instructions?

These keys really do not "fall to finger".

I reckon based on peoples posts you have to contact tmobile to enable it and append it to an existing phone plan or create a new data plan with them.

I am a current tmobile customer and I believe I am entitled to free 1gb a month until december and 200mb therafter. but I am just counting on the 200mb.

ThunderThighs

Staff

eh1982 wrote:I reckon based on peoples posts you have to contact tmobile to enable it and append it to an existing phone plan or create a new data plan with them.

I am a current tmobile customer and I believe I am entitled to free 1gb a month until december and 200mb therafter. but I am just counting on the 200mb.

From what I was told, do not add this to an existing plan. Create a new account for it.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SuperJew4711

mckemie wrote:In Texas, got mine yesterday, 7/29. Using it to post this question. Haven't figured out how to get the 4G to work. Stuck the supplied SIM card in the indicated slot. Can someone point me toward instructions?

Got mine today. As far as the 4G, i disabled my wifi, then selected the TMobile option in the wifi selection settings. Then just go to any non-HTTPS website, and it will redirect you to the tmobile signup page. No credit card needed.

What Pants?

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71

My Chromebook says it was shipped (separate from the rest of my order) via Fedex on 7/30 to my front door (signature Service not requested - for a laptop???) which is on the side of my house and not visible from the street. Also, I live in a very quiet neighborhood. Oddly Fedex shows TWO different delivery times - noon and 3PM. It was nowhere to be found (checked everywhere around house, with neighbor...) and I already filed a claim with Fedex and sent a note to woot. Since this Chromebook has a SIM card is there a way to track its location like my other devices with SIM cards are able to be precisely tracked? Obviously time is of the essence.

Also, can anyone tell me what the box said on it when theirs was sent? Any indication it was a laptop / Chromebook? Fedex told me it said Signex? on the box.

Obviously miffed.

EDIT: Just looked up Synnex.com and their home page shows an HP Laptop listed as a current special. So much for trying to not indicate what might be in the box.

SuperJew4711

iguana71 wrote:Also, can anyone tell me what the box said on it when theirs was sent? Any indication it was a laptop / Chromebook? Fedex told me it said Signex? on the box.

Obviously miffed.

Oh yeah, no hiding what this is. Large sides say "HP REFURBISHED", and the small side has the data label ""HP Chromebook 14" with all the specs.

What Pants?

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
SuperJew4711 wrote:Oh yeah, no hiding what this is. Large sides say "HP REFURBISHED", and the small side has the data label ""HP Chromebook 14" with all the specs.

Thanks SJ. Fedex called and said they will have their driver retrace his steps to confirm where he delivered it. Not feeling hopeful about this. Anyone have experience with how Fedex might handle this if the Chromebook is not found. Really wish this could be SIM tracked since I read in one of the sale threads that some people received their Chromebooks in "standby mode" with the SIM card already installed.

hotrod40rl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hotrod40rl
SuperJew4711 wrote:Got mine today. As far as the 4G, i disabled my wifi, then selected the TMobile option in the wifi selection settings. Then just go to any non-HTTPS website, and it will redirect you to the tmobile signup page. No credit card needed.

This ^ works like a charm, extremely pleased!

kyoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kyoo

My Chromebook arrived today in Austin, TX.. posting this message with it via my free 200 MB t-mobile data plan..

Disable wifi, plug in the t-mobile sim that comes in the box, and visit http://www.t-mobile.com/connectme
Just a few minutes later, you're online! woohoo!

Willbrown1972

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Willbrown1972

Shipping seems to be totally random. :/

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Willbrown1972 wrote:Shipping seems to be totally random. :/

Sorry for the late reply.

Please be aware that standard shipping on items is usually 3-8 business days from the sale (sometimes much sooner than that). We ask that you allow a couple more days for your item(s) to ship.

We recommend that if you don't see any tracking updates/activity by August 1st, to please write into support@woot.com and let them know.

eh1982

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply.

Please be aware that standard shipping on items is usually 3-8 business days from the sale (sometimes much sooner than that). We ask that you allow a couple more days for your item(s) to ship.

We recommend that if you don't see any tracking updates/activity by August 1st, to please write into support@woot.com and let them know.

the problem is the packages will arrive by August 1st and still have no tracking information.

ThunderThighs

Staff

eh1982 wrote:the problem is the packages will arrive by August 1st and still have no tracking information.

This item said it would ship out in 3-5 business days. Today is the 4th business day. Then allow 3-8 days for transit.

FORUM MODERATOR

eh1982

ThunderThighs wrote:This item said it would ship out in 3-5 business days. Today is the 4th business day. Then allow 3-8 days for transit.

stahp. please.

the same thing happened 2 weeks ago with the nabi cameras.

I am 100% confident I will receive the chrome book today or tomorrow and tracking will not have been updated.

Otisville

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Otisville
Willbrown1972 wrote:Anyone seeing theirs as "shipped" yet?

I live in NY and I checked the FedEx home delivery site and mine shipped on 7/29 for delivery 8/1. Woot still shows as processing with no tracking number. No worries. It will be here tomorrow.

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

YIPPIE! Just got a track #! Tommorrow

wildbird2k9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildbird2k9

Mine was just marked 'Shipped' and the tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow!!

bmarquis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmarquis

I got a tracking #, coming from Olive Branch, MS. Only 2 hours away but will take four days to get here!

eh1982

surprise, it's on my door step and I got tracking finally.

Guitpik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Guitpik

The simm card I got with the Chromebook doesn't fit the insert (too big). What do I do?

eh1982

Guitpik wrote:The simm card I got with the Chromebook doesn't fit the insert (too big). What do I do?

picture of card + picture of where you are trying to put it.

PirateZombieBazooka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PirateZombieBazooka

Just received mine today (Northern PA). Everything looks tip-top and I'm up and running, in fact typing this on it.

However, I inserted the SIM card (after setting up on WiFi) and I can't get the "Mobile Data" to stay enabled, nor access it's settings...

I will have to try enabling it via T-Mobile Support I guess.

SuperJew4711

Guitpik wrote:The simm card I got with the Chromebook doesn't fit the insert (too big). What do I do?

Don't use the insert =)

I didn't even know that we had that little orange insert until a day later when I went to throw the box away. That insert is there in case you want to use a smaller SIM (Not the T-Mobile one that came with it).
Just put the SIM in the slot, chip-side down, notch end first, and it will click in, no issues.

What Pants?

meldboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meldboy

Mine came in yesterday and I am pleasantly surprised at the condition. It has no wear or tear on it at all! Looks brand freeking new. Was able to activate the T-Mobile 200 MB of data without an issue by calling the # on the SIM card.(Only getting 1 bar though because T-Mobile has horrible coverage where I live) Was able to register and get my 100GB of data for 2 years from Google. I am very pleased with the purchase. THANK YOU WOOT!!!!

mckemie

SuperJew4711 wrote:Got mine today. As far as the 4G, i disabled my wifi, then selected the TMobile option in the wifi selection settings. Then just go to any non-HTTPS website, and it will redirect you to the tmobile signup page. No credit card needed.

Failed to work for me. I am twenty miles from TMobile service. I've made two trips to the service area. Once, I apparently had an IP from the mobile interface but did not get redirected when I attempted web access. The second time, I had the TMobile URL pre-accessed but when I attempted to use it, it complained of no internet access. I guess it's time to get on the telephone. As much as I hate spending time that way.

WD 250 gig HD 1/11/06
2 gig USB drives 1/3/07

mckemie

mckemie wrote:Failed to work for me. I am twenty miles from TMobile service. I've made two trips to the service area. Once, I apparently had an IP from the mobile interface but did not get redirected when I attempted web access. The second time, I had the TMobile URL pre-accessed but when I attempted to use it, it complained of no internet access. I guess it's time to get on the telephone. As much as I hate spending time that way.

FINALLY got it done but not tested. The TMobile phone system was even worse than expected; I spent more than an hour in three sessions. Two dead ends followed by one success.

For those that follow this path:
1) the needed phone number is on the SIM card punch out. 877 234 4299
If you wade through the system and get to the right place, you will need the following:
2) the SIM number off of SIM card punch out
3) the "IMEI" number. It is printed (gray on black) on a sticker on the back of the computer.

Good luck to all!

WD 250 gig HD 1/11/06
2 gig USB drives 1/3/07

bob2ski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bob2ski

Arrived in 5 days. Connected AC adapter and powered up normally but battery icon showed only 1% and a charge symbol over battery. Powered down and charged for 2 1/2 hours with no change in battery. Disconnected adapter and chromebook would power off and would not power back up. Only
works on power adapter. HP help desk had me do some troubleshooting and determined it will need to be returned to them for repair at no charge. I was not happy when this was supposed to be refurbished which to me would mean it was looked at and verified to be operating. A battery not charging should of been noticed.
Otherwise, it appeared to be new condition and worked good when powered by adapter.
HP Tech Support was responsive and assured me it would be verified operational when returned.

ekaddo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekaddo

Just received mine in Charlotte,NC. TMobile setup was straightforward. Device looks new. Popped in a 256 GB SD card. Pretty nifty device. Setup managed accounts (local) for my kids. Very pleased so far.

jshagam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jshagam

Mine didn't come with a SIM card. What the hell?

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jshagam wrote:Mine didn't come with a SIM card. What the hell?

Oh man, sorry about that. If you haven't, I'd recommend reaching out to HP; these Chromebooks have a 90 Day warranty with them.

If you need additional help along the way, please email your order info and situation to support@woot.com. Let us know how things go.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

hare

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hare

I received mine on Friday and I love love love it. We have PCs and Macs and this is great for what it does. The free wireless setup was easy. Cloud print setup to my non cloud print printer was a snap. It connects perfectly to my Chromecast for watching things on my TV.

The only issue I had was I disabled wireless and used wifi but after a while it showed both running and I received an email from t-mobile that 90% of my data is used up. I learned that when it is on along with wifi that wifi taked priority so I don't know how the data was used up so quickly when I only used wifi. Mobile data seems to turn itself on along with wifi every time I boot up even though mobile data was disabled before shutting down.

I would definitely pick up another when it goes on sale again.

mckemie

mckemie wrote:FINALLY got it done but not tested. The TMobile phone system was even worse than expected; I spent more than an hour in three sessions. Two dead ends followed by one success.

For those that follow this path:
1) the needed phone number is on the SIM card punch out. 877 234 4299
If you wade through the system and get to the right place, you will need the following:
2) the SIM number off of SIM card punch out
3) the "IMEI" number. It is printed (gray on black) on a sticker on the back of the computer.

Good luck to all!

I rejoiced too soon. Made a trip to the service area and no go. Aside from the cell connection not working, to get the temporary password, TMobile is supposed to text a message to the phone number associated with the SIM card. How does that work? Has anyone received a temporary password on their Chromebook from TMobile? I SURE hate the thought of having to again deal with TMobile phone "support" hell.

Has anyone found a way to get email support from TMobile?

WD 250 gig HD 1/11/06
2 gig USB drives 1/3/07