pedram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pedram

Here are my three contributions. Great job by everyone and best of luck!

ps - I love all of you, including the catholics. :o)

ps - I love all Trumps, particularly Ivanka!

ps - I hate flight delays and annoying phone companies! :o)

Pedram, the Eyeranian

theminority

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theminority

Finally McDonalds is doing something besides salads to get people healthy

source: http://www.fitnesstakeaway.com/images/ellip1.jpg
McDonalds logo created from scratch using Illustrator

beatfarmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beatfarmer

Audi belly button rings. Decorate your protuberance with innovation.

Audi logo

Jennifer Garner's Outie

Chrome Audi

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

Well, here it is.. the moment you've all been patiently waiting for.. Wiz's triumphant (I hope!) return to the 'chopping block!

Hope you guys enjoy! It's been too long! SunKist (soda) Tanning Salons...

Source

[MOD: No advertising please]

Cooldrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cooldrew
theang wrote:

Oh and I made this using Excel...

proof: http://www.jackjoel.com/Images/c64atmxls.jpg
I can provide the .xls file if necessary

Go Excel!!

Hardcore.
Also, snort. Nice work.

matthannon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthannon

Sources:
http://www.onlinepcservice.com/Compaq_logo.gif
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2007/03/09/100/DiamondTerrace-HoldingBrick.jpg

Kerrath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kerrath

Sorry for the large view, the source image was already stretched before I got my hands on it.

sources:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/thumb/d/d5/Intel_inside_Logo.svg/644px-Intel_inside_Logo.svg.png
http://www.vondutch.freeservers.com/images/model_6.jpg
http://www.sandpile.org/impl/pics/intel/p4/775_socket.jpg

ausbun

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ausbun
malay4785 wrote:

It just kills me when I see Cemetery misspelt!

plinth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages plinth

This contest will be tricky to judge. The spiel suggested that we had to hit a broader mark than simply putting a brand on a product. Comparatively few entries met this criterion (guilty as charged), but some that were rebranding were done very well.

My picks for this week, as usual, in no particular order:
designbyalgorithm's Polaroid - hilarious pun, even though it's a rebranding.
quickstepblues' Gilette Fusion
pute's Stude with a 'Tude.
mvan's Glad
theang's commodore ATM - Sadly, most ATM's aren't much better.
Kerrath's Clorox metamucil - I don't know whether to clean out my intestines or my plumbing.
tehpwnerer's Boeing and Arrow

Oh and pedram - didn't know that Catholicism was a corporate brand. Good luck with your monkey.

cicada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicada
plinth wrote:This contest will be tricky to judge. The spiel suggested that we had to hit a broader mark than simply putting a brand on a product. Comparatively few entries met this criterion ...

Rules? We don't need no stinking rules!

Heh, since when have "rules" and "the spiels" mattered to any of the judges, past or present? Funny is funny...

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
cicada wrote:Rules? We don't need no stinking rules!

Heh, since when have "rules" and "the spiels" mattered to any of the judges, past or present? Funny is funny...

I agree, few hit the criteria but many are BRILLIANT. I think this is the best collection of REALLY funny material I've seen here. Kudos to all the choppers!!! I keep laughing out loud in my office, and people are wondering what I'm reading...

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag
ausbun wrote:It just kills me when I see Cemetery misspelt!

kills, Cemetery, I can dig it, ha ha!

malay4785

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malay4785
ausbun wrote:It just kills me when I see Cemetery misspelt!

if it does, tell your family members to let me know, i can reserve a spot for you, half price if you have met-life and you get a free tombstone pizza.

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
YouCantWootThis wrote:I agree, few hit the criteria but many are BRILLIANT. I think this is the best collection of REALLY funny material I've seen here. Kudos to all the choppers!!! I keep laughing out loud in my office, and people are wondering what I'm reading...

Yeah, tons of funny submissions. I think one of my favorites (that comes to mind) was the Microsoft Cereal 11.0. Free Zune and 1's and 0's. Very nice.

But that Birth'er King is still making me shudder...

wizard7926

fyrefall wrote:Yeah, tons of funny submissions. I think one of my favorites (that comes to mind) was the Microsoft Cereal 11.0. Free Zune and 1's and 0's. Very nice.

Man.. I can't believe no one's thought of that. Binary Cereal. It'd be exactly the same as Alpha-Bits, but with only 1's and 0's...

Binary Bits! Part of a balanced programming interface!

Bits! Binary! Oh man, the ad-copy almost writes itself!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
YouCantWootThis wrote:I agree, few hit the criteria but many are BRILLIANT. I think this is the best collection of REALLY funny material I've seen here. Kudos to all the choppers!!! I keep laughing out loud in my office, and people are wondering what I'm reading...

Agreed! I do not want to be Joe or Shan for this contest. Good luck you guys!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Serverdaemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Serverdaemon

Source files!!!!
;O)

Serverdaemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Serverdaemon
ActorTom wrote:

THIS is the one I want source files for....
;O)

theang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theang
fyrefall wrote:Yeah, tons of funny submissions. I think one of my favorites (that comes to mind) was the Microsoft Cereal 11.0. Free Zune and 1's and 0's. Very nice.

I real like the Woot Meals on Wheels - it makes me laugh for some reason - I think it's the little smartpost snail that seals it for me...

Lots and lots of good entries - I wouldn't want to be a judge in this one....

gordy318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gordy318

I agree. I think this is the winner

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
plinth wrote:tehpwnerer's Boeing and Arrow

thanks!

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag
jimmy2100 wrote:Circus City

Sorry to say this jimmy, but you're 21 hours too late. It looks good. There will be another contest next Friday (ends Sunday at midnight)

freeskier80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freeskier80

Yummy Chips!

doctorevil64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorevil64
freeskier80 wrote:Yummy Chips!

Once again, that's late. By 35 hours and 35 minutes.

This contest's a nailbiter!

pedram

plinth wrote:...Oh and pedram - didn't know that Catholicism was a corporate brand. Good luck with your monkey.

My dear friend "plinth";

Sorry to be a bit late on replying, but your last comment was a bit too disappointing amidst such a witty post. Let's see if Catholicism is a corporate brand:

- It is controlled by a legal entity registered as a corporation in most jurisdictions.
- This entity has specific logos, colors and trade-marked identifying icons and often sues if such commodities are used without permit.
- The organization produces income (and not just donations) and has a corporate structure with management, finance and even PR and promotion departments.
- In terms of economical and membership size, it is one of the largest corporations in the world.

So, is it a "corporate brand"? You could easily argue that it is and then some.

All the best,

Pedram

ps - further pro and against arguments could be made based on definitions described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_branding

doctorevil64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorevil64
pedram wrote:My dear friend "plinth";

Sorry to be a bit late on replying, but your last comment was a bit too disappointing amidst such a witty post. Let's see if Catholicism is a corporate brand:

- It is controlled by a legal entity registered as a corporation in most jurisdictions.
- This entity has specific logos, colors and trade-marked identifying icons and often sues if such commodities are used without permit.
- The organization produces income (and not just donations) and has a corporate structure with management, finance and even PR and promotion departments.
- In terms of economical and membership size, it is one of the largest corporations in the world.

So, is it a "corporate brand"? You could easily argue that it is and then some.

All the best,

Pedram

ps - further pro and against arguments could be made based on definitions described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_branding

I am a regular editor of Wikipedia, but you do realize you cited Wikipedia as a source for pro and con arguments?

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
plinth wrote:Oh and pedram - didn't know that Catholicism was a corporate brand. Good luck with your monkey.

Oh, you have a good eye, plinth! I checked the US Patent and Trademark Office web site and ran a search. Catholicism does not appear to be a registered trademark!

Wanna join me in registering a trademark?

RoadkillRomeo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RoadkillRomeo
acraig1 wrote:I the same vain as the Trojan Horse...I bring you Coke Mule.

Aaargh! Ya made me groan at this pun... Gonna be a freat competition.

Sean Peers

pedram

doctorevil64 wrote:I am a regular editor of Wikipedia, but you do realize you cited Wikipedia as a source for pro and con arguments?

As another regular editor of Wikipedia, yes I am.

Pedram

wizard7926

pedram wrote:Let's see if Catholicism is a corporate brand:

God is a corporation?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
wizard7926 wrote:God is a corporation?

What does that have to do with anything? It isn't run by god. The question would be about how the structure is set up.

Still single, can't imagine why.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
FenStar wrote:What does that have to do with anything? It isn't run by god.

hey, Fen, I think that was meant to be a joke. In the absence of scorch marks and a loud squawk from the wiz, we can guess that's how God took it. ;^)

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Josephus wrote:hey, Fen, I think that was meant to be a joke. In the absence of scorch marks and a loud squawk from the wiz, we can guess that's how God took it. ;^)

Heh

Still single, can't imagine why.

wizard7926

Josephus wrote:hey, Fen, I think that was meant to be a joke. In the absence of scorch marks and a loud squawk from the wiz, we can guess that's how God took it. ;^)

Maybe I took the word "entity" a little too verbatim..

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
wizard7926 wrote:Maybe I took the word "entity" a little too verbatim..

Well, we got a squawk, even if not a loud one. Evidently God doesn't play at darts any more than dice!

KtCallista

Josephus wrote:Well, we got a squawk, even if not a loud one. Evidently God doesn't play at darts any more than dice!

Speaking of darts, how goes the judging? Tough one eh? I didn't see any pick lists this week. I know I couldn't make one.

wizard7926

KtCallista wrote:Speaking of darts, how goes the judging? Tough one eh? I didn't see any pick lists this week. I know I couldn't make one.

It's true -- but at least I made my comeback finally!

I got some time on the plane on the ride back from South Carolina for a wedding.. it was a fulfilling weekend all around!

BTW, a nice Christmas gesture by Woot -- "LOL" now filters to "hohoho!"

KtCallista

wizard7926 wrote:It's true -- but at least I made my comeback finally!

I got some time on the plane on the ride back from South Carolina for a wedding.. it was a fulfilling weekend all around!

BTW, a nice Christmas gesture by Woot -- "LOL" now filters to "hohoho!"

Yeah! Its good to see you back. How is South Carolina, haven't been there in about 6 years. . . dang we need to go visit again.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
KtCallista wrote:Speaking of darts, how goes the judging? Tough one eh? I didn't see any pick lists this week. I know I couldn't make one.

Judging is done and all wrapped up in a pretty package to Dave and it will probably be up later today. All depending on Smartpost, of course. ha ha j/k