GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
KtCallista wrote:While my grandmother continues to do well, I was informed yesterday (Christmas) that my uncle who has had a number of medical procedures this year - was admitted to hospital for a stroke. I don't have many details, but I do know he went home today. If you could remember him and his wife in your prayers along with their children and grandchildren who do not live nearby to him any longer.

will do

GodfatherND

dontwantaname wrote:Might as well ask for prayers.
This isn't getting any better.
Thanks

I'm sorry that I missed this. Praying.

Send a PM if you need to.

Aardwolky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aardwolky

Asking for blessings for Mrs Loke, She's a volunteer stray feeder for many years.
Husband had stomach cancer and not doing well, currently resting at home. Hopes she finds peace and that she's alright.

[u]HE[u] the red one, doesn't forgive, He Forgets and Just love unconditionally

GodfatherND

Aardwolky wrote:Asking for blessings for Mrs Loke, She's a volunteer stray feeder for many years.
Husband had stomach cancer and not doing well, currently resting at home. Hopes she finds peace and that she's alright.

Praying

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Aardwolky wrote:Asking for blessings for Mrs Loke, She's a volunteer stray feeder for many years.

Yes.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ok

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Praying.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

I lost an acquaintance today after a 5 year struggle with breast cancer. Please pray for her soul as she makes the transition, and pray that her family will find comfort. She was a great lady. Life is so not fair.
RIP, Lin.

jawsuser

hot72chev wrote:I lost an acquaintance today after a 5 year struggle with breast cancer. Please pray for her soul as she makes the transition, and pray that her family will find comfort. She was a great lady. Life is so not fair.
RIP, Lin.

Praying. Life definitely isn't fair. People who don't want to die do; and people lie my dad who wants to die, don't.

jawsuser

Dad had a little stroke this morning and sat down on the floor. He is okay now, just scared me some. The cancer is in his bones now. His back and hips have been hurting him more for a little over a week, but he hasn't said anything. With the cancer in the bones it makes me wonder if his shoulders hurting him so bad is due to the cancer being there and not just arthritis. He is better now and has agreed to use a rollator in the house and out an about. Prayerfully no more falling down. Prayers for strength for both of us would be greatly appreciated.

GodfatherND

jawsuser wrote:Dad had a little stroke this morning and sat down on the floor. He is okay now, just scared me some. The cancer is in his bones now. His back and hips have been hurting him more for a little over a week, but he hasn't said anything. With the cancer in the bones it makes me wonder if his shoulders hurting him so bad is due to the cancer being there and not just arthritis. He is better now and has agreed to use a rollator in the house and out an about. Prayerfully no more falling down. Prayers for strength for both of us would be greatly appreciated.

Prayers for you and your father, and prayers for hot72chev's friend.

hot72chev

jawsuser wrote:Dad had a little stroke this morning and sat down on the floor. He is okay now, just scared me some. The cancer is in his bones now. His back and hips have been hurting him more for a little over a week, but he hasn't said anything. With the cancer in the bones it makes me wonder if his shoulders hurting him so bad is due to the cancer being there and not just arthritis. He is better now and has agreed to use a rollator in the house and out an about. Prayerfully no more falling down. Prayers for strength for both of us would be greatly appreciated.

You got it. Stay strong, jaws. Thinking of you.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

GodfatherND wrote:Prayers for you and your father, and prayers for hot72chev's friend.

From me too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jawsuser

Please pray for my neighbor's son Tom Myers. They were doing some burning when a tree strarted to fall and a kid was in the way. Tom got the kid out of the way but he wass crushed by the tree. He has five kids. His parents have been down in Panama City at the hospital with him for a week.

Hot72 how is your brother and friend's family doing?

hot72chev

jawsuser wrote:Please pray for my neighbor's son Tom Myers. They were doing some burning when a tree strarted to fall and a kid was in the way. Tom got the kid out of the way but he wass crushed by the tree. He has five kids. His parents have been down in Panama City at the hospital with him for a week.

Hot72 how is your brother and friend's family doing?

Little brother is having the last of the chemo treatments this week. He will be monitored closely for a while, of course. He is going to have some lingering problems like memory loss and tremor. Thank goodness his mom is around to take care of him.

I lost a great aunt to cancer today. She had suffered a long time. Please pray for her family.

Another family friend is in the hospital, bleeding internally, surgery tomorrow. More prayers.

Saying prayers for your neighbors, jawsuser. So much sadness. Wishing for all to be surrounded by love.

jawsuser

hot72chev wrote:Little brother is having the last of the chemo treatments this week. He will be monitored closely for a while, of course. He is going to have some lingering problems like memory loss and tremor. Thank goodness his mom is around to take care of him.

I lost a great aunt to cancer today. She had suffered a long time. Please pray for her family.

Another family friend is in the hospital, bleeding internally, surgery tomorrow. More prayers.

Saying prayers for your neighbors, jawsuser. So much sadness. Wishing for all to be surrounded by love.

Praying for your brother, great aunt's family and family friend's family.

There is a lot of sadness. My cousin told me today that one of their neighbors was killed in a car crash.

Its odd, there are so many people who don't want to die and do; yet my dad, who does want to die, doesn't. He is now to the point where most times he can't feed himself, get up by himself, or support his weight. At least he is beginning to ask for help. The last two times he has tried to get up by himself he has fallen. Given that the cancer is now in his bones and they could break very easily, that is not a good thing.

hot72chev

Our friend, jawsuser, lost her father today. I am asking for our community to keep her and her family in your prayers, please.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hot72chev wrote:Our friend, jawsuser, lost her father today. I am asking for our community to keep her and her family in your prayers, please.

My prayers and condolences to jawuser, friends and family.

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1

I'm probably going to come off sounding like a jerkface. I'm sorry for that and I don't mean to.

I've always been puzzled by prayer requests for individuals. Do prayers really influence the outcome of things? Is it like voting for American Idol where the person with the most prayers wins God's help? Why can't we just do a blanket prayer and cover everyone in need? But, again, does it matter? Does God's plan even deviate based on prayers? Does God really not know who is in need of help if nobody prays about it? It seems to me that God would already be aware of the situation and, if his plan is infallible, he wouldn't have reason to change it. By praying for a change, aren't you questioning God's will?
Maybe it's all part of God's plan; for these things to happen which causes people to ask for prayer and thus spreading his word and potentially saving the souls of others? Who knows?!

Edit: When I sign sympathy or get well cards, I generally just say they're in my thoughts and to let me know if they need anything. I think that's what it's really about. Letting them know you care and that you're there to provide support if you can.

novels22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
GodfatherND wrote:I envision a message thread for prayer requests. You can ask for prayers for someone you know or even ask for yourself.

No replies are needed.

Just post a request if you need a prayer.

I would like a prayer for my wife's friend Wilma, whose husband died on Wednesday.

I would like a prayer for our friend Eileen who found out on Wednesday that she has uterine cancer. She's in good spirits so far.

Thanks in advance.

I ask for a prayer for my cousin, who is in rehab right now.

GodfatherND

novels22 wrote:I ask for a prayer for my cousin, who is in rehab right now.

Praying

unangrybird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unangrybird
bsmith1 wrote:I'm probably going to come off sounding like a jerkface. I'm sorry for that and I don't mean to.

I've always been puzzled by prayer requests for individuals. Do prayers really influence the outcome of things? Is it like voting for American Idol where the person with the most prayers wins God's help? Why can't we just do a blanket prayer and cover everyone in need? But, again, does it matter? Does God's plan even deviate based on prayers? Does God really not know who is in need of help if nobody prays about it? It seems to me that God would already be aware of the situation and, if his plan is infallible, he wouldn't have reason to change it. By praying for a change, aren't you questioning God's will?
Maybe it's all part of God's plan; for these things to happen which causes people to ask for prayer and thus spreading his word and potentially saving the souls of others? Who knows?!

Edit: When I sign sympathy or get well cards, I generally just say they're in my thoughts and to let me know if they need anything. I think that's what it's really about. Letting them know you care and that you're there to provide support if you can.

Ultimately it's all about faith. You either believe or don't (free will). If you believe then you have to have faith that God will be doing the best thing. In the case of little children, it's so hard to understand any possible reason for their early departure from earth! I choose to have faith that God needs them more than we need them here. Maybe new stars are needed in the sky. Who knows? I believe that God does. So when I pray it is just to relieve my own soul. God already knows what will happen and why. We are mere mortals and it is not for us to understand nor question.

For those who do not believe in God, my apologies. I respect everyone's right to believe or not believe as they wish and whom or what they wish.

Honesty does not make you a "jerkface". It's a nice quality to have as is curiosity.

GodfatherND

bsmith1 wrote:I'm probably going to come off sounding like a jerkface. I'm sorry for that and I don't mean to.

This is not the forum to discuss your opinions about praying. Please either ask for prayers or offer them....only.

ferjoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferjoe

oo

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

I'm not a religious person. I suppose you could say I'm agnostic, or spiritual. I believe there's a seed of truth in everyone, and that positive thinking can do a world of good. It was only when my step-mother was stripped of her hope by a jaded doctor that her life slipped away, afterall. Hope is such a powerful force... having someone believe in you, belief in yourself, belief that you're going to make it out okay. And having something to live for is so important.

But I ramble. I came here because I do believe in the power of prayer, albeit in a very different fashion. I'm a believer non-the-less.

So my request is for my father, who has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and gout, who has had heart attacks, an anurism, five stints, open heart surgery to replace the aortic valve with a mechanical valve, and has given up on doing anything about his weight, which the doctors have said will kill him long before anything else. He's done so much in his life. He fought in the Vietnam war, he served in the Navy for over 20 years, he's traveled the world, experienced things so few ever will, seen things so few will ever see, raised three healthy children into adulthood with so much love and respect and strength. He's my Superman, just as much now as he had been twenty years ago. And yet... yet he feels like it's all accumulated to so little.

In the twilight years of his life, he's single, living off of social security and half of his retirement (the other half goes to my mom), jobless, and with a mountain of regrets despite doing his best in his life. I just want him to find peace. To be proud of the things he's accomplished, to come to terms with his regrets, and to be able to someday leave this world knowing what I already know, that his life mattered in so many more ways than he'll ever know.

I'm sorry this is such a long post. It's just... I would give just about anything for him to find peace.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

pooflady

Nitetigrezz wrote:I'm not a religious person. I suppose you could say I'm agnostic, or spiritual. I believe there's a seed of truth in everyone, and that positive thinking can do a world of good. It was only when my step-mother was stripped of her hope by a jaded doctor that her life slipped away, afterall. Hope is such a powerful force... having someone believe in you, belief in yourself, belief that you're going to make it out okay. And having something to live for is so important.

But I ramble. I came here because I do believe in the power of prayer, albeit in a very different fashion. I'm a believer non-the-less.

So my request is for my father, who has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and gout, who has had heart attacks, an anurism, five stints, open heart surgery to replace the aortic valve with a mechanical valve, and has given up on doing anything about his weight, which the doctors have said will kill him long before anything else. He's done so much in his life. He fought in the Vietnam war, he served in the Navy for over 20 years, he's traveled the world, experienced things so few ever will, seen things so few will ever see, raised three healthy children into adulthood with so much love and respect and strength. He's my Superman, just as much now as he had been twenty years ago. And yet... yet he feels like it's all accumulated to so little.

In the twilight years of his life, he's single, living off of social security and half of his retirement (the other half goes to my mom), jobless, and with a mountain of regrets despite doing his best in his life. I just want him to find peace. To be proud of the things he's accomplished, to come to terms with his regrets, and to be able to someday leave this world knowing what I already know, that his life mattered in so many more ways than he'll ever know.

I'm sorry this is such a long post. It's just... I would give just about anything for him to find peace.

It seems to me that just showing him this post would at least let him know how you feel about him, how much you admire him.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Nitetigrezz

That's kind of like asking 'How do you know God exists'. You don't, that's why it's called faith.

On a scientific note though: It's already been proven as a controlled scientific experiment that the mind is capable of manipulating matter on a molecular level - aka Mind over matter exists. This could argue the idea that through asking for prayer requests, you are putting the conscious thought of the individual or event the request is about into more minds than your own. If an individual mind can manipulate molecules, what could an entire group of people manage to accomplish?

And on a more social note: Does it really hurt anyone to pray? Does it do any harm to those who request it, or those or pray, or those they are praying for? No? Then why not? If it works, then great! If it doesn't, all you've killed is a little time. But when you're struggling with difficult questions, painful emotions, situations you wouldn't wish upon your worst enemy, every little tiny scrap of help counts. Even if it's someone just holding a loved one in their thoughts for a few seconds. Sometimes, just knowing that someone cares enough to do that, be it through prayer or any other form, is enough to bring comfort. What's so bad about that?

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Nitetigrezz

pooflady wrote:It seems to me that just showing him this post would at least let him know how you feel about him, how much you admire him.

Thank you... that actually brought tears to my eyes (not such a good thing since I'm at work, but definitely feel goods). I try to tell him every chance I get. We get together about once a month to either see a movie or go out to eat and I try to make sure he knows. It gets hard sometimes when he's depressed. Then it's like no matter what I say, it doesn't seem to help.

TheTrueAPlus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheTrueAPlus

Awesome thanks.

GodfatherND wrote:I envision a message thread for prayer requests. You can ask for prayers for someone you know or even ask for yourself.

No replies are needed.

Just post a request if you need a prayer.

I would like a prayer for my wife's friend Wilma, whose husband died on Wednesday.

I would like a prayer for our friend Eileen who found out on Wednesday that she has uterine cancer. She's in good spirits so far.

Thanks in advance.

GodfatherND

Nitetigrezz wrote:I'm not a religious person. I suppose you could say I'm agnostic, or spiritual. I believe there's a seed of truth in everyone, and that positive thinking can do a world of good. It was only when my step-mother was stripped of her hope by a jaded doctor that her life slipped away, afterall. Hope is such a powerful force... having someone believe in you, belief in yourself, belief that you're going to make it out okay. And having something to live for is so important.

Praying.

dreadlegion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreadlegion

My girlfriend just gave birth to our baby. At 21 weeks. Dead. Now she has a lump in her breast that could be cancerous. It's been a rough weekend for her.

unangrybird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unangrybird
dreadlegion wrote:My girlfriend just gave birth to our baby. At 21 weeks. Dead. Now she has a lump in her breast that could be cancerous. It's been a rough weekend for her.

I'm very sorry to read this. What a trying time this must be for both of you. Stay close by your gf's side. You will find comfort from each other. My prayers for all of you!

GodfatherND

dreadlegion wrote:My girlfriend just gave birth to our baby. At 21 weeks. Dead. Now she has a lump in her breast that could be cancerous. It's been a rough weekend for her.

Praying for her and you.

pooflady

Praying for you both. Lean on each other.

Nitetigrezz

For what it's worth, we had a neighbor who was diagnosed with breast cancer at a young age. She lived well into her seventies, with a daughter and a grandson.

Praying for you both.

Nitetigrezz

I have a prayer request for a fellow wooter and their sister. I'll just quote what they said in PWA:

jawsuser wrote:
HI All,
Been having so much fun since I posted last. NOT!!!

Chest is hurting so bad that typing or any movement has not been a good activity. Last Wednesday wound up at ER and they put me in overnight to run tests on my heart. Thankfully its okay.

Had CT scan Friday and will have MRI on left knee tomorrow. Will get results Thursday. Hoping to find out knees and chest are just badly sprained/bruised/strained. Left knee is finally down to the size of an orange; since it started out grapefruit size that is an improvement. Right is down to walnut sized bump, was orange before.

Have decided to go to Casey Eye center at OHSU in Portland for cornea transplant. Will be up there about three months when have surgery. If any of the Western Washington Wooters want to get together maybe we could while I am up there. I would love to meet some of the people I talk with regularly here.

D'name I loved your video. It was great to hear your voice. I loved how you got Rusty's mouth moving as you talked. I am sorry I missed all the birthday fun.

I hope to get my bioptic back this week. It sounded like they would be shipping it out today. It will be so nice to be able see better and not get such a headache from lights.

It will also be nice when I can move like normal and finish moving to my new place. Everything got put on hold with the accident and my knees and chest getting messed up.

Please pray for my sister. She was in the wreck also and they have not been able to do surgery yet, her wrist is still too swollen. However, they have found a total of seven breaks in her hand and wrist to date. She had just gotten where she could walk using her arm crutches for the first time in like twenty years. Hopefully she will be able to get back to using her crutches again soon.

Long rambling over now. Hopefully will be able to be on more often, but no promises.

brady614

quality posts: 23 Private Messages brady614

Please say a prayer for my Aunt. She is going through cancer treatment and has a full body scan tomorrow to see how the chemotherapy treatment working. The first scan after starting treatment showed signs of shrinking. Hopefully this scan will show further progress.

As a result of her being diagnosed with cancer and feeling like there was nothing I could do to help I signed up for a bike ride to raise money. 100% of the money raised goes to support breakthrough research, exemplary teaching, and compassionate care in the fight against cancer. If you are feeling generous, or would like to help take a stand against cancer, or would just like to track my progress please feel free to check out the link to my page below.

http://dc14.ridetovictory.org/goto/MatthewBrady

Prayers to the posts before mine
Matt

x4

GodfatherND

Praying for jawsuser and her sister, plus Matt and his aunt.

brady614

quality posts: 23 Private Messages brady614
GodfatherND wrote:Praying for jawsuser and her sister, plus Matt and his aunt.

It is greatly appreciated!

x4

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138

I'm an Athiest.
Those of you who believe may want to pray for my friend Eric. He's got stage 4 melanoma. Even during chemo it has spread. Hip, back, neck. Three of his vertebrae needed to be cemented and he just had C7 replaced with a Titanium plate. He's got two boys ages 3 and 5 who are having a rough time. His wife works part time. Many of us in our office have been providing meals and visiting. He's trying to keep his spirits high but is in constant pain.

Cancer sucks. I'm two years free. I've lost 2 other friends this year. I hope not to lose another.
Thanks.