conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Had to bump this question up. Has anyone been playing any good games lately?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:Had to bump this question up. Has anyone been playing any good games lately?

Thanks for the bump.

I've been busy with extracurricular activities and haven't had the time to maintain the thread.

It will more than likely be revamped and continued next week.

ALSO: Anyone score any amazing deals from the Steam sale?
That sale is always
REDONKULOUS.

stryper2000

quality posts: 27 Private Messages stryper2000

I did pull the trigger and preorder Battlefield Hardline for PS3, I have put Mortal Kombat in and been playing it , I did beat the game with Stryker once, now trying out the other characters and trying to beat story and the challenge rounds

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x38

ROGETRAY

Staff

stryper2000 wrote:I did pull the trigger and preorder Battlefield Hardline for PS3, I have put Mortal Kombat in and been playing it , I did beat the game with Stryker once, now trying out the other characters and trying to beat story and the challenge rounds

Hardline does look REALLY interesting.

I dunno about Mortal Combat X. I've never really been a diehard fan and lost track of the games around 3 or so.

conanthelibrarian

Always been a fan of Mortal Combat, going to have to pick up a copy.

ambermarie1221

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ambermarie1221
ROGETRAY wrote:Thanks for the bump.

I've been busy with extracurricular activities and haven't had the time to maintain the thread.

It will more than likely be revamped and continued next week.

ALSO: Anyone score any amazing deals from the Steam sale?
That sale is always
REDONKULOUS.

I have spent WAY too much money on this summer sale. I'm going to go broke.

stryper2000

ROGETRAY wrote:Hardline does look REALLY interesting.

I dunno about Mortal Combat X. I've never really been a diehard fan and lost track of the games around 3 or so.

I may pick up MK X once i get done with the one Im own, it is cool that Freddy Krueger is in the game

The Craphound of Woot

x38

ROGETRAY

Staff

Week 6/30/14

Which video games are these screenshots from?

(CAN WE TRY AND NOT CHEAT?
This is for fun!!!)

#6 (MUY DIFICIL!)

(YES...this is a REAL screenshot...)

lichme

quality posts: 2845 Private Messages lichme
ROGETRAY wrote:Stuff

#4 is the only one I know, Jurassic Park. Maybe reuploading the images might hide the titles a bit more. When replying to your post, some of the image urls have the titles in them

ROGETRAY

Staff

lichme wrote:#4 is the only one I know, Jurassic Park. Maybe reuploading the images might hide the titles a bit more. When replying to your post, some of the image urls have the titles in them

It's all pointless really, just for fun.

Even if you "reupload" them, you can still Google Image Search and find the source of the pic.

EDIT: I'll prolly IMGUR them as I have before (a little bit harder to track)

conanthelibrarian

My best guess for #1 is something from the Aliens franchise but not sure which game or platform.

stryper2000

I know the last one is a 3do game. I saw a video from the Angry Video Game Nerd on it but the title escapes me.

The first one I think is Alien vs. Predator for the Jaguar

The Craphound of Woot

x38

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte

I'm guessing these are related to...
1: Alien
2: King Arthur
3: Electric Fro and Midsection: Part II
4: Jurassic Park
5: Jack the Ripper
6: DB's and the Chicks that Date Them

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 59 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 169

Psst... wanna see my badges?

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

I didn't know a single one of those.

ROGETRAY

Staff

Here, we can also discuss the video/board/tabletop games WE NEVER FINISHED

-Too difficult?

-Game take WAY too long?!

-Did you just simply give up because it lost it's luster?

Here are today's picks:

Mega Man 2 (NES)

THIS GAME IS GREAT...JUST GREAT.

One of the last/final battles is....NOT SO AWESOME.

I still have yet to beat this game. Every time I use the code to get to the end I still have problems beating that weird "mecha-dragon" right before Dr. Wily.

Damnit...I luv this game.. //cries

Batman (Game Gear)

Besides the "Arkham" Series, when has there been a GOOD Batman game?

That's right...the answer is NEVER.

I paid something like $40 (back wh

Blokus (board game/puzzle)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GAME.
I'm only putting it here b/c every single time I convince my family to play they ALWAYS quit halfway.

My family members are NOT notorious game quitters. I'm just really wicked awesome at this game and they always quit when they realize it's GAME OVERZ.

However...they're all REALLY GOOD at Rummikub....

The Adventures of Bayou Billy (NES)

Seriously...what was this game about?! Was it trying to rip off the awesomeness of Double Dragon?

You had less lives than Contra and surprise crocodiles that would instant kill you?

It's so easy to remember why I walked away from this rental as a kid.

FrostByte

I've not played any of those.

I've seen blokus at Target, I believe and have considered getting it. Maybe I'll pick it up sometime.

Rumikub is a blast.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

ROGETRAY

Staff

These are the games that made us throw controllers, start fights with siblings and wish certain doom to game developers.

REASONS: Too difficult, boring, laggy/buggy, didn't meet expectations, etc...

WEEK:7/2/14

This weeks' WORST VIDEO GAME EVER is:

Darkman: The Video Game (NES) – (RELEASED: 1990)

I for one, loved the movie Darkman. Liam Neeson was excellent and I am a big fan of Sam Raimi's work (Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2).

However, someone at Universal Studios thought it would be an "awesome" idea if they created an NES game from the movie.

Not only was it one of the most difficult games I've ever played, but it had HORRIBLE controls, poor A.I (for NES) and the worst game music EVAR.

The game was SOOOO BAD, it actually made me hate the movie.

Okay....so I couldn't necessarily stay mad at the movie...although...
I REALLY didn't like the Darkman sequels.

I'm grateful those didn't have video games too.

Please comment/post and let us know what you think is the WORST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME

conanthelibrarian

I know I am going to get yelled at for this, but I just could not get into Alan Wake (XBOX 360)

Maybe I just did not give it a chance but within the first ten minutes I was bored with it. I have yet to try to play it again after four years.

ROGETRAY

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:I know I am going to get yelled at for this, but I just could not get into Alan Wake (XBOX 360)

Maybe I just did not give it a chance but within the first ten minutes I was bored with it. I have yet to try to play it again after four years.

I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of it.

Was it a mystery/suspense "who done it?" game?

conanthelibrarian

ROGETRAY wrote:I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of it.

It is called a "survivor horror" game and named by Time magazine as one of the top ten video games of the year in 2010.

Here is the Wikipedia entry about it.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of it.

It was one of the free games with gold. I got it free and couldn't get into it. Too much like a story and not enough good gameplay. Too artistic for me, I guess.

FrostByte

bsmith1 wrote:It was one of the free games with gold. I got it free and couldn't get into it. Too much like a story and not enough good gameplay. Too artistic for me, I guess.

Back when xplay was still a thing, I remember seeing that preview and wishing it was on PS... maybe I should be glad it wasn't.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sellbuyer92
conanthelibrarian wrote:I know I am going to get yelled at for this, but I just could not get into Alan Wake (XBOX 360)

+1

Me either. Got about half way through and it just wasn't doing it for me.

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

ROGETRAY

Staff

FYI/BUMP: This week we'll be suspending posts for "Gamer's Corner" so us mods can focus on the Anniversary and prepping.
Posts should return next week (7/14/14)

FrostByte

ROGETRAY wrote:FYI/BUMP: This week we'll be suspending posts for "Gamer's Corner" so us mods can focus on the Anniversary and prepping.
Posts should return next week (7/14/14)

Good luck this week... with all the forum fun, celebration, and losing the v'owls.

ROGETRAY

Staff

FrostByte wrote:Good luck this week... with all the forum fun, celebration, and losing the v'owls.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHH

DEMS FIGHTIN' WORDS!!!!

FrostByte

ROGETRAY wrote:WOAHHHHHHHHHHHH

DEMS FIGHTIN' WORDS!!!!

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

So if we're talking about games, how many music game enthusiasts are out there?

Obviously, most people know about Dance Dance Revolution, but not many know about its amazing Korean cousin, Pump it Up.

Beyond that, anyone play IIDX, Pop'N, or Sound Voltex?

(Guess these are technically arcade, but most ended up on console at one point or another. Sound Voltex is relatively new, though.)

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Ooo, I'm liking this thread.

I'm more of a casual gamer, with games such as Dragon Story and the ever-reliable Minesweep used to pass the time. For my musical endeavor, I have a lot of fun with Don't Tap the White (piano effects turned on, which allows classical pieces to flow with every black space tapped).

Currently though I'm tinkering with Prince of Persia for the PS3. Not as good as the original (but then, when are sequals ever? No, FF and Street Fighter don't count!), but still a lot of fun. The fiancee has nearly beat Imfamous. He's a lot more of a hardcore gamer than I am, and had been a PS fan for far longer. Yet he said it's the hardest game he's ever played without it becoming rage-quit worthy XD Then again, this is the same guy who has to be dragged through the fire and the flames before he dares look at a walk-through or cheat.

I also love LoL. Definitely nowhere near touney level, and still need to get back to being comfortable in pvp since I had stopped playing for awhile. Fiancee had gotten me into it, and we still play co-op vs ai. Played WoW back in the Vanilla days, but it became way too much a Skinner's Box for me. Kind of toying with the idea of turning to Guild Wars now that the Panda expansion for WoW turned the fiancee completely against it.

Played Hearthstone on my fiancee's account for a bit, but there's this brick wall in difficulty that we can't seem to pass no matter how hard we try. We both threw in the towel. This is coming from two gamers who survived the steep learning curve of LoL enough to enjoy it, so I'd like to think that's saying something!

Only played Settlers of Catan a few times, but loved it! Tsuro at Sea is infinitely more entertaining than the original Tsuro- you'd be surprised just how big of a wrench having dragons thrown in can be! I have Dominion on the computer and always bring it up whenever the internet is out. One of these days we're going to invest in a deck! Recently played Zombiecide. It's a pain to set up, but so so sososososo worth it! Took a few rounds to get into the game, but once we mixed a bit of mead into it, the jokes were flying and so much fun was had! And of course there's Cards Against Humanity XD Played that with fifteen others at a convention and it was one of the greatest games ever! You would think with that many people, the game would get boring, but you couldn't be more wrong XD Strangely though, I was the only girl >.>

~ First ever Book of Cheats ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 104.9/2000

FrostByte

Nitetigrezz wrote:Ooo, I'm liking this thread.

Strong post... welcome to the thread!

One of these days I'm going to finish Infamous. I've even got Infamous 2 queued up and ready from the Instant Game Collection included with PS Plus.

bjm5401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjm5401

Hey Roge-

You still haven't beat megaman 2 yet? Oh man you have to get on finishing that game!

Hint-use the bubble weapon on the final floating wily mech boss...thing.

Just keep jumping over his shots and hitting him with the bubble. you will get him. make sure to save at least one or two energy cans....just in case you need them.

This game is epic and will forever be one of the best. The musical score has been rated as one of the best ever, and many musicians have reproduced the soundtrack via various musical instruments.

There is even a guy that did an acapella version of wilys castle. just google it..you'll find it.

ROGETRAY

Staff

bjm5401 wrote:Hey Roge-

You still haven't beat megaman 2 yet? Oh man you have to get on finishing that game!

Hint-use the bubble weapon on the final floating wily mech boss...thing.

Just keep jumping over his shots and hitting him with the bubble. you will get him. make sure to save at least one or two energy cans....just in case you need them.

This game is epic and will forever be one of the best. The musical score has been rated as one of the best ever, and many musicians have reproduced the soundtrack via various musical instruments.

There is even a guy that did an acapella version of wilys castle. just google it..you'll find it.

It's sad right?

Thanks for the weapon advice. I'll have to remember to use Bubble Man's power.

I'll update here WHEN and IF I beat the game hahaha

Nitetigrezz

FrostByte wrote:Strong post... welcome to the thread!

One of these days I'm going to finish Infamous. I've even got Infamous 2 queued up and ready from the Instant Game Collection included with PS Plus.

Thanks! Watching him play Infamous has been really interesting. I can only imagine what the sequal has in store o.o Might have to ask him to hold off on finishing it so I can watch the ending!

Oh, and for Mega Man fans who don't know, check out Mega Ran. That guy is epic when it comes to making his own Mega Man raps <3333

friedbanana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages friedbanana

is anyone looking forward to playing archeage?

ROGETRAY

Staff

friedbanana wrote:is anyone looking forward to playing archeage?

WHATTTT?! this game looks awesome!

Archeage: http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

friedbanana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages friedbanana
ROGETRAY wrote:WHATTTT?! this game looks awesome!

Archeage: http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

yup. fishing is going to be ridiculousy fun in this game. if you don't play nice, you can even turn into a pirate. still waiting for my beta key so that I can start playing on thursday. Might fold and buy the founders pack just so i can participate.

Nitetigrezz

friedbanana wrote:yup. fishing is going to be ridiculousy fun in this game. if you don't play nice, you can even turn into a pirate. still waiting for my beta key so that I can start playing on thursday. Might fold and buy the founders pack just so i can participate.

O.O I didn't even know this existed! Will have to check out the video tomorrow, but from the visual, it looks pretty amazing.

Nitetigrezz

Fiancee just beat Imfamous while I was in bed yesterday morning x.x Still need to bug him about letting me see the final video for it. Won't reveal any spoilers.

In the meantime, he picked up a twofer from the PS3 store. I Am Alive and From Dust. He played the demo for the latter, but goodness there's no way I'd have the patience for it x.x I Am Alive looks really interesting. Both have some amazing graphics, so could be fun to watch.

ROGETRAY

Staff

Week 7/21/14

Which video games are these screenshots from?

conanthelibrarian

I think....now, I can't say for sure....but does #4 have something to do with bowling?