+ Add a Comment

swynnec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swynnec
ROGETRAY wrote:

We recommend that you write into support@woot.com and let them know that you are experiencing issues with the delivery. They'll be able to figure out what's going on with any complications.

Well I did write to support and was told that I should wait longer. This is the second mattress I ordered from Woot that hasn't left the Initiated stage.

Fatal1tyKn1ght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatal1tyKn1ght
lgarrenton wrote:My FedEx tracking just updated showing that the mattress was picked up at 4:03pm this afternoon. So much for they all went out last week.

I too finally have movement that it was picked up TODAY. Woot and I have always had a rocky relationship, but it's about time to cut the ties.

cousineaud

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cousineaud

Hi All,

A little more info on the shipping of the mattresses.

All of the mattresses were picked up from our factory last week.

Due to the large size of the packaging, they are picked up palletized on full truck loads by FedEx. Due to the size and quantity of the orders, it was a lot of trailers.

These trucks are brought to the FedEx sorting facility where they are unloaded. This should be updated the next business day (today).

Because of the holiday, mattresses were ordered on Friday but not received at the factory until Tuesday and mattresses started shipping right away. Shipping was completed on Friday. All of the mattresses went out within the 3-5 day time frame.

It does look like there are some stragglers, and for that I apologize. But please believe me, they are in the FedEx pipeline and on their way to you.

Please give it a couple of days, and if you are not seeing tracking or delivery, message me.

Thank you!

baggerflip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baggerflip
cousineaud wrote:We would consider this to be a medium firm mattress.

I would consider this a very soft mattress, as in barely any firmness at all. If it wasn't such a pain in the arse, I would return it!!!

cousineaud

scfd0766 wrote:I am about to spend my second old fart night sleeping on the floor - & I have to be up for work bright & early tomorrow. NOT anybodies fault - but could somebody please advise, if they possibly know, do we really need to stay off of these things for the full first 72 hours so as to not permanently damage their maximum "inflatability"?

You can sleep on the mattress! Enjoy!!

platchy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages platchy

Yay!!! Mine got picked up today. Delivers on Wednesday.

swicago

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swicago

Ha, so not all matresses went out last week!!! Mine was picked up today at 4PM
To the vendor, next time don't lie...just tell the truth and say not all have been sent.

lgarrenton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgarrenton

I'll take cousineaud's word for it that they went out on a FedEx trailer on Friday. Still surprising that it took FedEx that long to unload them and scan them into their system.

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy

Wow. What a bunch of whiners that the tracking is less than specific and they haven't gotten their mattresses yet.

Time to put on the Big Boy pants and be patient.

I just received mine today, but I can tell you I wasn't throwing a tantrum all weekend when it didn't arrive on my precious schedule. Grow up people.

ajent0ranje

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajent0ranje
baggerflip wrote:I would consider this a very soft mattress, as in barely any firmness at all. If it wasn't such a pain in the arse, I would return it!!!

I am reserving judgement until it's had 72 hours to fully expand.

tracyandjoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tracyandjoe

It is definitely not a firm mattress. I would say soft as well. I was very surprised considering I was told medium to firm?? Also, it's hard to sit on, I slide off. Kinda annoying :|

Furbious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Furbious

My tracking updated this morning too. Says it was shipped yesterday and should arrive Thursday. Looking forward to it, and hoping it's not as soft as some are reporting..

lgarrenton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgarrenton
tracyandjoe wrote:It is definitely not a firm mattress. I would say soft as well. I was very surprised considering I was told medium to firm?? Also, it's hard to sit on, I slide off. Kinda annoying :|

How many hours (days) has it been since you opened it up to expand?

joemama999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joemama999

I received mine yesterday.Pulled it out f its sack,flopped it on the box spring and after about six hours was sleeping on it. Very little off gassing and this morning seems to be a bit firmer.Quite satisfied. Thanks Woot.

carter627

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carter627
sneefy wrote:Wow. What a bunch of whiners that the tracking is less than specific and they haven't gotten their mattresses yet.

Time to put on the Big Boy pants and be patient.

I just received mine today, but I can tell you I wasn't throwing a tantrum all weekend when it didn't arrive on my precious schedule. Grow up people.

No need to be antagonistic, either. This wasn't just about long shipping times. We saw the tracking data change from having a delivery date to no date for the better part of a week, with no info to go on as to what happened. To most of the people posting here (myself included), it looked like their package went poof. So no, this wasn't complaining about how long it was taking, it was concern about what just happened to my $400 purchase.

But hey, at least you got to whine about the whiners.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

carter627 wrote:No need to be antagonistic, either. This wasn't just about long shipping times. We saw the tracking data change from having a delivery date to no date for the better part of a week, with no info to go on as to what happened. To most of the people posting here (myself included), it looked like their package went poof. So no, this wasn't complaining about how long it was taking, it was concern about what just happened to my $400 purchase.

But hey, at least you got to whine about the whiners.

Keep in mind that the sale said it would ship in 3-5 business days. Last Monday was a holiday so yesterday was the 5th business day.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

angryreddwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryreddwarf

still no update from fedex , or reply on my support ticket from woot . just planing to lie low till all this blows over woot ?

Ship (P/U) date :
Tues 5/27/2014

Archdale, NCUS

In transit
Departed FedEx location
PERRYSBURG, OH Estimated delivery :
N/A

Romulus, MIUS

djscotty14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djscotty14

Received mine a couple of hours ago. I have it in the spare room gassing out and letting it fully expand. The quality of the mattress looks great and I just did lay on it and feels like laying on a Tempurpedic. I will probably not sleep on it tonight and let it do its thing.

Rewedanz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rewedanz

Awful product. I can genuinely say I am so upset with this mattress that I am motivated to post comments on how upset I am if W! ever offers this again.

Please do no use the word 'firm' in any description of this mattress: it should be labelled as remarkably un-supportive instead. At 6'1" and 205# I could not imagine an evening of letdown anyone larger than me using this thing.

My spouse and I had a wonderful experience visiting a relative where we slept on a different brand of foam mattress. When this was advertised right after that visit we decided to 'Go for it!' After receiving it and allowing it to fully decompress per the, oh wait - there were no instructions (we went online and found out to allow the mattress to decompress for no less than one full day). My back is now twisted in knots and my shoulders feel like I'm in a perpetual double arm bar. While I have perpetual back problems (career military) my spouse, who is in perfect health, said specifically 'If I keep sleeping on this my back will be as bad as yours'.

I now feel like I wasted a whole lot of money for something I am seriously considering converting into dog beds. The only problem with that idea is my spouse feels it will make our dogs miserable too.

tracyandjoe

We received it Over a week ago. It's very soft. Not "firm" at all. Does anyone else feel this way or did I get a dud?

cousineaud

tracyandjoe wrote:We received it Over a week ago. It's very soft. Not "firm" at all. Does anyone else feel this way or did I get a dud?

Hi, the mattress would be considered medium firm. Unfortunately, with firmness being very subjective sometimes people feel different ways about the product. I have slept on the mattress and would consider it medium firmness as well. Make sure that it is resting on a sturdy base.

timberbuck1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timberbuck1
tracyandjoe wrote:We received it Over a week ago. It's very soft. Not "firm" at all. Does anyone else feel this way or did I get a dud?

FedEx originaly had a delivery date of a week ago. I was excited and filled with anticipation. Now, FedEx has changed delivery to this Friday and I wish it wouldn't even show up. So many people unhappy and even the manufacturer is now "walking back" the description of the firmness that was given during the sale.

Can I just refuse delivery and cancel this nightmare?

Feeling betrayed and mis-informed.

cousineaud

timberbuck1 wrote:FedEx originaly had a delivery date of a week ago. I was excited and filled with anticipation. Now, FedEx has changed delivery to this Friday and I wish it wouldn't even show up. So many people unhappy and even the manufacturer is now "walking back" the description of the firmness that was given during the sale.

Can I just refuse delivery and cancel this nightmare?

Feeling betrayed and mis-informed.

Hi,

Please note that the description of medium firmness has been how I have been describing the product throughout the

I am confident that you will like and be happy with the mattress once you receive.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

timberbuck1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timberbuck1
cousineaud wrote:Hi,

Please note that the description of medium firmness has been how I have been describing the product throughout the

I am confident that you will like and be happy with the mattress once you receive.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Once More for Grandma! You just edited your previous post! Your original post said:

"Hi, the mattress would be considered medium firm. Unfortunately, with firmness being very subjective sometimes people feel different ways about the product. I have slept on the mattress and would consider it medium as well. Make sure that it is resting on a sturdy base."

An now you have changed it to read:

"Hi, the mattress would be considered medium firm. Unfortunately, with firmness being very subjective sometimes people feel different ways about the product. I have slept on the mattress and would consider it medium [FIRMNESS} as well. Make sure that it is resting on a sturdy base."

With those kind of ethics, I do not even want to own a product from your company.

progmode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages progmode

Sorry to hear about the shipping issues some are having.

Just wanted to chime in regarding the firmness. I've slept on mine for a few nights, and I'd call this medium-firm to firm. I'm definitely not experiencing the softness some are describing. I don't know how much of that is down to differences in setup and/or body type, so here's that info in case it's relevant:

It is set up on a box spring.
I'm 5'9", 160lbs.
Girlfriend is 5'6", 140lbs.

We've both loved it.

jaymaj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaymaj

After sleeping on this for four nights I can tell you this mattress is awesome. It was very soft the first night and has gained some firmness since then. Medium firm is a perfect description.

At ~180 lbs I sink down about an inch or two. That's it.

I have to say say that I used to have very bad back pain and shoulder pain after sleeping on a five year old pillowtop. I have been pain free for three nights and I am extremely happy with this product.

One note on shipping issues: my tracking via woot.com never updated. The email I was sent with the tracking update was much more reliable.

crd27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crd27

I am expecting my mattress today, here is the history...

-

6/04/2014 - Wednesday 3:26 am
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT 2:58 am
At local FedEx facility

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT 2:57 am
Shipment exception

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT

Barcode label unreadable and replaced
-

6/03/2014 - Tuesday 6:21 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT 4:01 pm

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
-

5/30/2014 - Friday 8:27 pm
In transit

KANSAS CITY, MO 3:58 am
Departed FedEx location

KERNERSVILLE, NC
-

5/29/2014 - Thursday 4:28 pm

KERNERSVILLE, NC 12:02 pm
Picked up

KERNERSVILLE, NC
-

5/27/2014 - Tuesday 2:27 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Crossing my fingers and hoping that we will be ok with the "firmness".

gartland291

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gartland291

Mine was supposed to be delivered last Thursday. Then tracking went to "Initiated". A few days ago it showed "In Transit" with delivery for today. But tracking hasn't updated at all. Where is my 92# bundle of love?

LAST 5 WOOTS---- (51 to date)
Dyson DC25 All Floors Ball Vacuum
4” Glow Sticks 24 Pack (Assorted Colors)
Skil Toolset
ViewSonic gTablet 10.1" Multi-touch Tablet - 2
Aluminum Flashlight with 3-Watt Cree LED - 2 Pack

ahiko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahiko

I got my queen mattress yesterday (Tuesday). FedEx initially said I would receive it on a Tuesday, updated it to Wednesday and after the weekend, said it would arrive Tuesday. Yay!

My younger brother and I managed to fit it inside the trunk of my 2002 Solara. It was a tight fit.

I drove it to my apartment. My roommate and I had a hard time getting a grip on the bag (we're both 5'5" and do some weightlifting, but this bag was way too big), so we had two guys help us carry it up to our 2nd floor apartment.

The black bag was wrapped TIGHT around it. I almost wanted to cut it, but it could be really useful for holding things. I mean, it's a huge black tarp-like drawstring bag, why not?

Removing the two layers of protective cover from it wasn't too hard with a good pair of scissors.

There was a pretty strong chemical smell when it was unwrapped. I haven't checked this morning if it went away. Hopefully it goes away by tonight.

It expanded to 11" within a matter of minutes.

I haven't laid down on it yet, but I will after 48-72 hours (Friday latest).

I'll be sleeping on the floor until then, so I'll have a good reference point for "firmness". I'm sure you can't get firmer than a floor. :P

@Cousin, is it okay to stand it on its side after 72 hours of airing? I need to assemble my bed frame but I don't have enough room for the mattress to lay flat while I assemble my bed.

I'm excited! I'll post updates again soon. :D

cousineaud

timberbuck1 wrote:Once More for Grandma! You just edited your previous post! Your original post said:

"Hi, the mattress would be considered medium firm. Unfortunately, with firmness being very subjective sometimes people feel different ways about the product. I have slept on the mattress and would consider it medium as well. Make sure that it is resting on a sturdy base."

An now you have changed it to read:

"Hi, the mattress would be considered medium firm. Unfortunately, with firmness being very subjective sometimes people feel different ways about the product. I have slept on the mattress and would consider it medium [FIRMNESS} as well. Make sure that it is resting on a sturdy base."

With those kind of ethics, I do not even want to own a product from your company.

I am really not sure how this went so sideways, but I will try to explain.

I have described the mattress as medium firmness throughout the deal. As you can see, firmness is very subjective.

I have been honest on any questions throughout the deal.

I have been asked by woot to jump in on the message boards to help woot customers and answer their question.

Some customers are apparently not happy with the job I have done, so for that I apologize.

I will say that I know you are getting a quality product at an outstanding price.

If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will try to help out.

"

cousineaud

ahiko wrote:I got my queen mattress yesterday (Tuesday). FedEx initially said I would receive it on a Tuesday, updated it to Wednesday and after the weekend, said it would arrive Tuesday. Yay!

My younger brother and I managed to fit it inside the trunk of my 2002 Solara. It was a tight fit.

I drove it to my apartment. My roommate and I had a hard time getting a grip on the bag (we're both 5'5" and do some weightlifting, but this bag was way too big), so we had two guys help us carry it up to our 2nd floor apartment.

The black bag was wrapped TIGHT around it. I almost wanted to cut it, but it could be really useful for holding things. I mean, it's a huge black tarp-like drawstring bag, why not?

Removing the two layers of protective cover from it wasn't too hard with a good pair of scissors.

There was a pretty strong chemical smell when it was unwrapped. I haven't checked this morning if it went away. Hopefully it goes away by tonight.

It expanded to 11" within a matter of minutes.

I haven't laid down on it yet, but I will after 48-72 hours (Friday latest).

I'll be sleeping on the floor until then, so I'll have a good reference point for "firmness". I'm sure you can't get firmer than a floor. :P

@Cousin, is it okay to stand it on its side after 72 hours of airing? I need to assemble my bed frame but I don't have enough room for the mattress to lay flat while I assemble my bed.

I'm excited! I'll post updates again soon. :D

Yes, you can lay the mattress on its side in order to set up the frame.

You can sleep on the mattress tonight.

Happy sleeping!

angryreddwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryreddwarf

still no updates on mine

Rewedanz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rewedanz
cousineaud wrote:I am really not sure how this went so sideways, but I will try to explain.

I have described the mattress as medium firmness throughout the deal. As you can see, firmness is very subjective.

I have been honest on any questions throughout the deal.

I have been asked by woot to jump in on the message boards to help woot customers and answer their question.

Some customers are apparently not happy with the job I have done, so for that I apologize.

I will say that I know you are getting a quality product at an outstanding price.

If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I will try to help out.

"

I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with several statements you make here. I understand nobody likes to be a vendor and told their product is substandard but that I feel that is exactly what you need to be told.

I have reached out to W! to find out my options as a dissatisfied customer.

xunknownx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xunknownx

i received mine today. no complaints about shipment. it was stuck in "in transit" for most of the week but it was coming from NC, and im in california which is almost the opposite side.

as for firmness, my co-worker who previously bought this said it was not a good mattress to SIT on but sleep wise its ok. i usually dont sit on my bed so its ok with me. right now i have it standing up against the wall in the bag to expand. i'll wait a day or 2 before sleeping on it. i did however squeeze the mattress and it seemed rather soft to me. i'll reserve my judgement until after it fully expands.

gartland291

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gartland291

Well...that's two delivery dates that have blown by with no mattress. Now the tracking page says "N/A". Just wonderful.

LAST 5 WOOTS---- (51 to date)
Dyson DC25 All Floors Ball Vacuum
4” Glow Sticks 24 Pack (Assorted Colors)
Skil Toolset
ViewSonic gTablet 10.1" Multi-touch Tablet - 2
Aluminum Flashlight with 3-Watt Cree LED - 2 Pack

tagbiker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tagbiker

I got my queen size in tuesday. My tracking had come thru and was right for this purchase. After letting it air up for a day, I think it is about medium for firmness. I am 250# and dont sink to the bottom, Like a prev poster said, sitting on it it sinks on the edges, but laying on it seems as firm as our nice pillowtop. Good luck to all those waiting. Another purchase recently I have not even gotten a tracking number but I have my order already. Woot has always been iffy on tracking emails.

tracyandjoe

I emailed Woot too but I think we're stuck with the mattress. How can it possibly be returned? It was a gamble and I'm disappointed...

Rewedanz wrote:I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with several statements you make here. I understand nobody likes to be a vendor and told their product is substandard but that I feel that is exactly what you need to be told.

I have reached out to W! to find out my options as a dissatisfied customer.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi all. Just want to get back on track here a bit.

Firmness: The vendor described the firmness as "Medium" throughout the sale. Any type of sensory description (touch/feel, smell, etc.) is going to be subjective and will vary from person to person. He was asked about the firmness and he gave his best description. As to the edit on his post, the only word he added was "firmness" to make the post more clear.

Returns: Woot does not take returns on personal items or for dissatisfaction with a product. Our return policy is linked in my signature.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

skipjack2001

quality posts: 3 Private Messages skipjack2001

My king showed up last night...

I'd have to say, it seems very well constructed. I was expecting a crookedly cut slab of foam. It's actually a good looking mattress.

I'm letting it expand/acclimate/outgas or whatever for a few days. There were no instructions sent along, so I'll play it safe and sleep on the futon for a while.

The gel layer on top feels soft and cool. My gf is a hot-sleeper so, hopefully this is a good sign. The subsequent layers seem firm which might be what's causing the confusion about the firmness of this thing.

The price was so good... even if it only lasts me a few years, I'd say I got my money's worth. And it came in a pretty nice drawstring bag that I'm trying to figure out a use for... laundry? Kidnapping?

I'm excited to get my bamboo sheets on this thing and give it a spin.

CaraW9849

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaraW9849

We received our king size mattress yesterday evening, put it on the bed and slept on it last night. It expanded quickly and we thought it was very comfortable. Takes more effort to roll over and what not but will just have to get used to that. Slight smell, seemed about the same as the memory foam pillows we got from Costco a few months ago. I get hot easily when sleeping so I was worried about that but I was fine last night. Medium firmness sounds about right. We are happy with our purchase. I wasn't sure if I would like memory foam at all and figured I would rather gamble $400 than the several thousands that name brands cost. So far it was a good gamble!