ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:I think....now, I can't say for sure....but does #4 have something to do with bowling?



Correctamundo!

It'd be pretty difficult for most folks to get these games unless you REALLY enjoyed getting headaches while playing video games and/or owned a Virtual Boy.

FrostByte


quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
ROGETRAY wrote:Correctamundo!

It'd be pretty difficult for most folks to get these games unless you REALLY enjoyed getting headaches while playing video games and/or owned a Virtual Boy.



If these are all from the same console, then #3 was really just mailing it in.

#2 I see a windmill, so I'm guessing Don Quixote.

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
ROGETRAY wrote:Correctamundo!

It'd be pretty difficult for most folks to get these games unless you REALLY enjoyed getting headaches while playing video games and/or owned a Virtual Boy.



Dagnab... one of the few Nintendo consoles I never bothered with x.x


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff



Here, we can also discuss the video/board/tabletop games WE NEVER FINISHED

-Too difficult?

-Game take WAY too long?!

-Did you just simply give up because it lost it's luster?

Here are today's picks:

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Xbox 360)



I love the Walking Dead. It's probably one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

The Walking Dead video game (the one that's like "choose-your-own-adventure" was AWESOME. Compelling story and really great design.

THIS GAME THOUGH?!

Horrible. The graphics were horrible (for the times), the game was SUPER BUGGY.

This game doesn't deserve to be finished.

MTG: 2014



This game is fantastic. So are most of the other yearly releases.

The problem with these games are that they're kind of "endless". While there is a campaign mode, most of the time you get lost in multiplayer and deck building.

I would love to say that I have finished the single player campaign...but WHY DO I ALWAYS GET DISTRACTED?!


What are some games YOU'VE never finished?

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
ROGETRAY wrote:

Here, we can also discuss the video/board/tabletop games WE NEVER FINISHED

-Too difficult?

-Game take WAY too long?!

-Did you just simply give up because it lost it's luster?

Here are today's picks:

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Xbox 360)



I love the Walking Dead. It's probably one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

The Walking Dead video game (the one that's like "choose-your-own-adventure" was AWESOME. Compelling story and really great design.

THIS GAME THOUGH?!

Horrible. The graphics were horrible (for the times), the game was SUPER BUGGY.

This game doesn't deserve to be finished.

MTG: 2014



This game is fantastic. So are most of the other yearly releases.

The problem with these games are that they're kind of "endless". While there is a campaign mode, most of the time you get lost in multiplayer and deck building.

I would love to say that I have finished the single player campaign...but WHY DO I ALWAYS GET DISTRACTED?!


What are some games YOU'VE never finished?



Tried watching Walking Dead and just couldn't get into it >.< Doesn't help that I don't really watch tv... at all. I keep hearing so many praises about the game though. Might have to look into picking it up. Do you have to be a fan of the show to appreciate the game?

Fiancee got me into MtG last year when starter decks came in with our PAX goodie bags. I've had a lot of fun with it and can see why it's so addicting, but Ye Gods! it costs so much >.< Don't think I'm going to get much further than the starter decks. It's why I prefer Dominion. It's not about how much money you throw into it since everyone has use of the same cards you do. It's about strategy and how you play and dumb luck.

I never played through to WoW's 'final battle' back in the vanilla days. I loved playing the game for a good long while, but fell into the Skinner's Box feel of it. Can't think of a game I haven't finished for any other reason than just... got bored >.< I can get pretty ADHD with them if they don't have an interesting enough plot or if it's too easy to get lost in them *has a horrible, god-awful sense of direction, in or out of a game*


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Nitetigrezz wrote: Do you have to be a fan of the show to appreciate the game?

[/i]



I guess my answer would be "yes?". Maybe if you're just a zombie movie fan in general as well.

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
ROGETRAY wrote:I guess my answer would be "yes?". Maybe if you're just a zombie movie fan in general as well.



Speaking of zombie games, my game of unfinishedness would be Dead Rising 2. I got it free with "Games with Gold" so maybe that's why I didn't put too much effort into it. I just didn't like how you HAD to progress in the storyline and you HAD to make sure you found the zombrex medicine stuff in time or else it was game over, start from the beginning. An open-world zombie game like that should not force you to finish it in a certain amount of time. Too much exploring to do! Needless to say, I got frustrated and moved on.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:Speaking of zombie games, my game of unfinishedness would be Dead Rising 2. I got it free with "Games with Gold" so maybe that's why I didn't put too much effort into it. I just didn't like how you HAD to progress in the storyline and you HAD to make sure you found the zombrex medicine stuff in time or else it was game over, start from the beginning. An open-world zombie game like that should not force you to finish it in a certain amount of time. Too much exploring to do! Needless to say, I got frustrated and moved on.



Agreed! I never finished it either.
I hadn't realized until halfway through my first run that it was timed and that all the "missions" had to be completed within that amount of time.

There is too much fun to be had and too much searching for cool stuff than to finish! hahaha

The storyline in that game is pretty long too and the bosses were REALLY difficult LOL

bjm5401


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjm5401

Kinda really showing my age here-but the two games I never finished (and would like to someday finish) are:

1. Deja vu (NES)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déjà_Vu_(video_game)

2. Rise of the Dragon (Sega CD)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Dragon

I'd love to go back and play both of those. I thought they had great story lines- but I just think i got bored of them too easily.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bjm5401 wrote:Kinda really showing my age here-but the two games I never finished (and would like to someday finish) are:

1. Deja vu (NES)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déjà_Vu_(video_game)

2. Rise of the Dragon (Sega CD)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Dragon

I'd love to go back and play both of those. I thought they had great story lines- but I just think i got bored of them too easily.



I think I remember Deja Vu. It was a pretty difficult game when I was a kid. I imagine playing it now would be a bit easier?

I also wanted to finish and enjoy Maniac Mansion but the music used to scare me and I couldn't figure out the point-and-click aspects of it.

bjm5401


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjm5401
ROGETRAY wrote:I think I remember Deja Vu. It was a pretty difficult game when I was a kid. I imagine playing it now would be a bit easier?

I also wanted to finish and enjoy Maniac Mansion but the music used to scare me and I couldn't figure out the point-and-click aspects of it.



Ah man I loved maniac mansion! I also thought the music was creepy-especially when you knew you were about to get caught!!! I can still play that melody in my head and it still creeps me out...lol

FYI-it looks like they are making a reboot:
http://www.night-of-the-meteor.de

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bjm5401 wrote:Ah man I loved maniac mansion! I also thought the music was creepy-especially when you knew you were about to get caught!!! I can still play that melody in my head and it still creeps me out...lol

FYI-it looks like they are making a reboot:
http://www.night-of-the-meteor.de



YESSSSSSSSSSSS! that's so cool they're doing a reboot!!

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bjm5401


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjm5401
ROGETRAY wrote:



Hah! Love it!

abitterwoman


quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

I'm impatiently waiting for the Master Chief Collection to release. Or to hear news of a new Silent Hill game.

Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead by Telltale were also amazing (waiting on a new Walking Dead episode).

And lately I've been enjoying getting the achievements on the free Xbox gold game of the month Max: The Curse of Brotherhood.

Lastly, I would like to get around to re-playing Tecmo's Deception for PS1.

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

abitterwoman wrote:I'm impatiently waiting for the Master Chief Collection to release. Or to hear news of a new Silent Hill game.

Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead by Telltale were also amazing (waiting on a new Walking Dead episode).

And lately I've been enjoying getting the achievements on the free Xbox gold game of the month Max: The Curse of Brotherhood.

Lastly, I would like to get around to re-playing Tecmo's Deception for PS1.



//confused
//googles "Master Chief Collection"

FrostByte


quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
ROGETRAY wrote://confused
//googles "Master Chief Collection"



Assuming it's Halo-related?

Woody1150


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
FrostByte wrote:Assuming it's Halo-related?



It's just all the Halo games... but "remastered"

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
Woody1150 wrote:It's just all the Halo games... but "remastered"



Not ALL Halo games. Just the ones Master Chief starred in.

EDIT: Is anyone playing Bungie's Destiny beta? Any good?

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Walking Dead, I've read some reviews where it was commented that you didn't have to be a fan of the show to appreciate it or get drawn into the plot of the video game, and other reviews say that you wouldn't be at a complete loss, but it definitely took away a lot of the value. It's why I asked.

Oh man, you guys are getting me all nostalgic here >.< Now I wish I could go back to Zombie's Ate My Neighbors. Never could finish... what was it? I can't find a site with the list of levels that's not blocked by our firewall >.< Always played as the girl though- loved that freeze gun.


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

abitterwoman


quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman
ROGETRAY wrote://confused
//googles "Master Chief Collection"




Yes, it is indeed the same games remastered. But I'm looking forward to it for nostalgias sake. When I was 19 I loved jumping online and playing Halo 2 with friends. It was a great time because none of us had serious responsibilities yet.

Many of us are going to get together in November when it releases and play Halo 2 remastered. We can pretend it's like old times..at least until real life comes knocking.

And honestly, I feel like it's a last hurrah for Halo. I LOVED the series SO much and still do..but I feel like it's time for it to just end already.

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3537 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Quick update from Comic-Con....

Nintendo Lounge is the same as it has been over the last few years. Lots of Wii U's to play with as well as 3ds'.

The Xbox One Lounge is insane! They are pushing Sunset Overdrive pretty heavily. There are Xbox One's set up everywhere, they have a competition area with actual announcers and a main stage for presentations. I am going to go spend some more time in there tomorrow. I'll post some pictures Monday.

FrostByte


quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
bsmith1 wrote:Not ALL Halo games. Just the ones Master Chief starred in.

EDIT: Is anyone playing Bungie's Destiny beta? Any good?



It's queued up to download. I might give it a try next week. If I do, I'll be sure to report back.

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
FrostByte wrote:It's queued up to download. I might give it a try next week. If I do, I'll be sure to report back.



5.14GB on the 360...I had to queue it up last night before bedtime. Might get to try tonight.

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

I have had the ocean loader music stuck in my head the past few days, I think the 2nd version.

That is all.

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

Destiny Beta on 360 is pretty neat. It's like a cross of Halo, Mass Effect, and Border Lands. Graphics weren't great on the 360, but that could be due to the Beta or just that it's also on the Xbox One and PS4, so they scaled back on graphics for the 360.
I like how it's open world; you don't have to be in a story-line mission to explore, defeat enemies, and find loot. Oh yeah, loot! I like how you can find weapons and gear in the world and you can also find stuff you can exchange at the Tower for items. Additionally, items you find and upgrade can be used in the multiplier mode. I only played a few matches because you have to get up to a level 5 before you can play multiplayer (level 8 is max for beta) and my time was short. It was very Halo-like, but different enough to be interesting again.
Sorta like an MMO, you'll see other gamers running around on their own quests. You can help them out and even do community events. Unlike a true MMO, you'll only have a finite number of gamers in your world.
Anyway, I'm pretty excited for the full release of Destiny. It seems to be a good mix of campaign, side quests, and multiplayer.

Woody1150


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
bsmith1 wrote:5.14GB on the 360...I had to queue it up last night before bedtime. Might get to try tonight.



I played for a little while on PS3 (got to LVL6)

It's pretty much what I expected. Like borderlands but with more of a MMO feel. I'd be curious to see how well parties work and being able to communicate. More than likely I'll get to test that when Frostbyte gets online with it.

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
Woody1150 wrote:I'd be curious to see how well parties work and being able to communicate. More than likely I'll get to test that when Frostbyte gets online with it.



I played with one of my brothers in both the co-op campaign and multiplayer stuff. Surprisingly, for a beta, the servers didn't hiccup once. If you are traveling in a pack of 10 players, there are certain missions or activities that have a limit on the number of users in the "fire team". In other words, sometimes you can only have 3-4 people playing in a certain part of a mission. It won't "boot" the others who are following you, but they'll vanish from your game and you continue without their help. We were in an Xbox Live party, so we only communicated with each other. I didn't try to chat with people outside our party. I think it is limited to the members of your fireteam. I'm not sure what the limit is on how many you can have in the fireteam. I probably won't use that much since we mainly keep our conversations to ourselves.
I know PS3 parties work differently, so your only option may be the fireteam chat.

Woody1150


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
bsmith1 wrote:We were in an Xbox Live party, so we only communicated with each other. I didn't try to chat with people outside our party.



That is the one downfall of PS that I think Xbox excels at. Being able to have a party chat going into any game is a big plus, as most of the in game chat is horrible.

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
Woody1150 wrote:That is the one downfall of PS that I think Xbox excels at. Being able to have a party chat going into any game is a big plus, as most of the in game chat is horrible.



That also tends to be why so many prefer their MMOs on the computer. It's very easy to just use Ventrillo or even Skype while in a party. I know my friends and I tend to skype it when we LoL.


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
agingdragqueen wrote:Yeah, it's been lovely- I skipped it when it came out and I don't know why! A Link Between Worlds is so fantastic (it helps that my favorite Zelda has been A Link To The Past), you gotta go for it. There's a ton of really awesome games out for the 3DS lately, I wrote the system off early on for being way too niche, but it's served me well.



I bought my 3DS solely for Mario Kart 7, which has been my favorite (haven't got a WiiU and Mario Kart 8 yet).

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

jqubed wrote:I bought my 3DS solely for Mario Kart 7, which has been my favorite (haven't got a WiiU and Mario Kart 8 yet).



If you find yourself wanting a new console, MK8 has been far and away my favorite, I can't recommend it enough. I loved MK7, but they really refined the everything on the WiiU, it's everything I've ever wanted in a Mario Kart. Plus WiiU has a slew of great titles coming out this year, maybe wait for a bundle that speaks to you, I'm sure they'll have deals closer to Christmas!


FrostByte


quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
Woody1150 wrote:That is the one downfall of PS that I think Xbox excels at. Being able to have a party chat going into any game is a big plus, as most of the in game chat is horrible.



I suggested my eight-year-old son and his friend use Facetime on their iPods instead of PS3 chat when playing Minecraft. Works well for them.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
ROGETRAY wrote:

Myst (Mac OC/PC) – (RELEASED: 1993)



Okay...so this game WAS A LITTLE BIT COOL. Detailed graphics for it's time, ominous music and intriguing puzzles. It was kind of the "Lost" before J.J Abrams' "Lost" (Except no Lily, Sawyer or Jack)

BUT IT WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE MOST BORING GAME IN ALL OF EXISTENCE.

Did anyone actually beat this game? It wasn't scary, it wasn't action packed and the puzzles were hard as hell (Disclaimer: I was around 9 or 10 when the game came out, which might explain my ineptitude).

I might have to revisit the game and see if it still holds up...OR NOT....

Please comment/post and let us know what you think is the WORST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME



One of my parents' friend's told me a long time ago (a few years after Myst came out) that she really liked Myst and had beaten the game. I was surprised at the time to learn she even liked computer games; my parents sure didn't (other than my dad playing Tetris, Solitaire, and Hearts).

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jqubed wrote:One of my parents' friend's told me a long time ago (a few years after Myst came out) that she really liked Myst and had beaten the game. I was surprised at the time to learn she even liked computer games; my parents sure didn't (other than my dad playing Tetris, Solitaire, and Hearts).



How did she beat it?! SERIOUSLY! hahahah

I think I'm going to have to revisit and possibly purchase the game very soon.

I ALWAYS wanted to figure out the puzzle.
To me, it felt like a pre-Lost kind of a game (except the whole cast of Lost was missing)

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
ROGETRAY wrote:

Star Wars Rogue Squadron (N64)



I ALWAYS wanted to fly an X-Wing.
I STILL want to fly an X-Wing.

This game took my dreams, pressed "Frappe" and blended them into a Margarita of Disappointment (not as delicious as you might think).

The controls were shotty at best, the graphics were so-so and the difficulty was pretty high for a Star Wars game.

I don't think I'll be travelling back to Tatooine any time soon to slay womp rats.



You should go for Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader on the Game Cube; that was very playable, and a lot of fun.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
agingdragqueen wrote:If you find yourself wanting a new console, MK8 has been far and away my favorite, I can't recommend it enough. I loved MK7, but they really refined the everything on the WiiU, it's everything I've ever wanted in a Mario Kart. Plus WiiU has a slew of great titles coming out this year, maybe wait for a bundle that speaks to you, I'm sure they'll have deals closer to Christmas!



I want the Mario Kart edition WiiU, but I really shouldn't spend that money right now. Got credit card happy last year; still paying it down.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
agingdragqueen wrote:If you find yourself wanting a new console, MK8 has been far and away my favorite, I can't recommend it enough. I loved MK7, but they really refined the everything on the WiiU, it's everything I've ever wanted in a Mario Kart. Plus WiiU has a slew of great titles coming out this year, maybe wait for a bundle that speaks to you, I'm sure they'll have deals closer to Christmas!


And if you are going to get a wiiU for MK8, do it NOW as there is a promotion going through July 31 where registering the game at club nintendo will also get you a free download code for one of four other wiiU games (I used the promo to get Pikmin 3 which turned out to be a huge hit with the kids -- we've played more of that in the past month than we have MK8!)


jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
ROGETRAY wrote:How did she beat it?! SERIOUSLY! hahahah

I think I'm going to have to revisit and possibly purchase the game very soon.

I ALWAYS wanted to figure out the puzzle.
To me, it felt like a pre-Lost kind of a game (except the whole cast of Lost was missing)



I think her kids were grown at that point, so she maybe had enough free time to maintain the addiction. I told her it was available on GOG along with its sequels when it was on sale once, but they're very rural and don't have broadband so she passed. I might see about sticking them on a thumb drive and gifting it to her next time I see them.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
Turken wrote:And if you are going to get a wiiU for MK8, do it NOW as there is a promotion going through July 31 where registering the game at club nintendo will also get you a free download code for one of four other wiiU games (I used the promo to get Pikmin 3 which turned out to be a huge hit with the kids -- we've played more of that in the past month than we have MK8!)



no! don't tempt me with the allure of a deal!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007