Fatal1tyKn1ght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatal1tyKn1ght

Received our King this morning! For the two dudes that had troubles bringing it up stairs. Time to start lifting a bit more, lol. I brought it up stairs alone, no issues. I was expecting it to air out with a bit more sound, as soon as I cut the plastic. But it just expanded nicely. Feels great! Can't wait to sleep on it. Just glad it finally ARRIVED. lol. Btw smell is very mild. But we opened all our windows before we cut it open.

gartland291

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gartland291

Still waiting.

LAST 5 WOOTS---- (51 to date)
Dyson DC25 All Floors Ball Vacuum
4” Glow Sticks 24 Pack (Assorted Colors)
Skil Toolset
ViewSonic gTablet 10.1" Multi-touch Tablet - 2
Aluminum Flashlight with 3-Watt Cree LED - 2 Pack

xxhaimbondxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxhaimbondxx

Day 1.

We got ours last Friday(lucky-lucky), but due to being lazy/busy/tired, only switched it out and slept on it last night. It was venting all this time in our garage, so I am pretty sure we've met and exceeded the manufacturer's recommendation. I'm not sure what to think about the gel layer yet. I thought our previous regular foam mattress was superb, before it developed a huge dip that gave me horrible back aches. This gel is soft to the touch, but only to a point. Once you lie down, it feels pretty firm. I had a backache before I slept on the mattress and woke up with even worse one, however, I will hold off on blaming the new mattress just yet. It definitely feels stranger from the regular foam or spring mattress. Not as easy to maneuver on that one. The sex was great though.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

xxhaimbondxx wrote:Not as easy to maneuver on that one. The sex was great though.

Probably why your back is more sore.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

limetiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limetiger

We slept on ours for three nights. I couldn't take any more. I'm small -- 5'3", 120# -- and when I sat up in bed to do a crossword puzzle, it felt like my butt was touching the bed frame. Every morning (usually by 3:00 or 4:00 AM) I woke up with an aching back. Way way too soft for us.

Yes, comfort is subjective, but there's no way this has the support needed for back-healthy sleep. We even tried it on the floor (in case our bed was the problem), hoping that the whole thing would feel firmer. No discernible difference. Gonna try to Craigslist it; at least it's in pristine condition. Lesson learned.

EDIT: As a reference point, we were coming from a Tempurpedic that we'd slept on for a decade, so we're pretty familiar with foam mattresses. Also tried out a Tuft & Needle (great people to work with, BTW!). This is like trying to sleep on a throw pillow compared to those other foam mattresses.

Rewedanz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rewedanz
ThunderThighs wrote:Hi all. Just want to get back on track here a bit.

Firmness: The vendor described the firmness as "Medium" throughout the sale. Any type of sensory description (touch/feel, smell, etc.) is going to be subjective and will vary from person to person. He was asked about the firmness and he gave his best description. As to the edit on his post, the only word he added was "firmness" to make the post more clear.

Returns: Woot does not take returns on personal items or for dissatisfaction with a product. Our return policy is linked in my signature.

TT - I strongly encourage W! to never offer this product again. I genuinely feel that the support quality is so bad that it does represent a tremendously substandard product.

Please see my earlier posts - and now with this most recent reply of yours I am left holding the bag in a clear position of caveat emptor.

gavinslover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gavinslover

Received the mattress last Friday (I think because my husband and I were one of the first few buyers after midnight 5/23). We let it air out for 72 hours and didn't sleep on it during that time either. Slept on it Monday night for the first time. I woke up with a pretty bad backache Tues AM but my husband was fine. Woke up Wed morning with a terrible backache and again my husband was fine. Same thing again this morning. I've been sleeping on a pillowtop mattress for the past 8 years so I figure my body just needs to adjust to memory foam, but I'm not sure....I guess we'll see. For reference, I'm around 5'6" 120 lbs and my husband is around 6'0" 165 lbs. We would both describe the mattress as medium firm. It's not as soft and 'fluffy' feeling as our old pillowtop, but you do sink in a bit...and once you do, it's firm but not overly firm. I'm going to give it a few more days to see if my back adjusts. Anyone else think the pain will go away after readjusting?

djscotty14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djscotty14

We have had ours now for 3 nights and my fiance absolutely loves it. I am still on the fence but that is also because we came from a Pillowtop. One thing I can say is that the first night neither of us tossed or turned to get comfortable and she is a very hot sleeper and this kept both of us cool. I did wake up with a sore back on the first night but I do not think this was the beds fault. For the price, you cannot beat. The people who are having problems I am sorry but I do not see if yours is like ours the problems. I would rate this as a medium to firm but more on the firmer side. Yes, you will drop down a couple of inches or so just like if you had a memory foam mattress pad and then your locked in. My other question is has anybody gone to a Mattress store and tried out other memory foam mattresses? To me it feels like a Tempurpedic and a friend of ours just bought one and thinks are is a better mattress. To each their own.

angryreddwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryreddwarf

well , it seems like fedex "lost" mine , a new one has been shipped , what a nightmare this has been

jeffbesher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffbesher
cousineaud wrote:Hi All,

A little more info on the shipping of the mattresses.

All of the mattresses were picked up from our factory last week.

Due to the large size of the packaging, they are picked up palletized on full truck loads by FedEx. Due to the size and quantity of the orders, it was a lot of trailers.

These trucks are brought to the FedEx sorting facility where they are unloaded. This should be updated the next business day (today).

Because of the holiday, mattresses were ordered on Friday but not received at the factory until Tuesday and mattresses started shipping right away. Shipping was completed on Friday. All of the mattresses went out within the 3-5 day time frame.

It does look like there are some stragglers, and for that I apologize. But please believe me, they are in the FedEx pipeline and on their way to you.

Please give it a couple of days, and if you are not seeing tracking or delivery, message me.

Thank you!

Still waiting on why my item was returned and a new one cannot be shipped.

xxhaimbondxx

Day 2.

Woke up this morning feeling much better. The back ache is almost gone, so I know the new mattress improved it. BTW, I'm 6'3 and 260 pounds, but don't sink very low, at least, not yet.

gartland291

My tracking still says "N/A". I just contacted WOOT! and told them to cancel my order. This is pathetic.

Skil Toolset

ozrycet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozrycet
angryreddwarf wrote:well , it seems like fedex "lost" mine , a new one has been shipped , what a nightmare this has been

I'm still missing one. No email, no tracking, no notification up to now. This is ridiculous.

timberbuck1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timberbuck1

I am, like so many others, very dissastisfied with this product. It lacks ANY support. I may have a clue as to why I think we have been sold a inferior product.

Woot and the vendor claim 3" of 3.5# density gel memory foam, 2" of 3# density air flow foam, and 7" of 2# density support foam.

So the gel memory should weigh 3.5 X 3"/12" = .875 pounds per square foot.

The airflow foam should weigh 3.0 X 2"/12" = .500 pounds per square foot.

The support layer sould weigh 2.0 x 7"/12" = 1.167 pounds per square foot.

So the filling of the bed should weigh .875 + .500 + 1.167 = 2.542 pounds per square foot.

I noticed on the tag of my king, the net weight of the filling is 88 pounds and the finished size is 76" x 80" or 42.22 square feet.

So the filling should weigh 2.542 X 42.22 = 107 pounds, but it only weighs 88, or 82%.

So we have been sold a bill of goods. The densities are not as described and that is the reason many of you feel like you have a very flimsy mattress.

Woot, you must take any of these back as defective under your return policy. I would like to request my refund now.

timberbuck1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timberbuck1
cousineaud wrote:The first two layers are the memory foam layers (which affect the comfort). The base layer is constructed with a 2 lb. polyurethane base foam for support and stability.

Hope this helps!

The tag on my king says the net weight of the filling is 88#. Something doesn't add up.

progmode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages progmode
timberbuck1 wrote:The airflow foam should weigh 3.0 X 2"/12" = .500 pounds per square foot.

Does that account for the fact that the airflow layer isn't a solid block of foam? Assuming the image is accurate, it appears to have a wave or egg-crate texture to it which means the volume isn't simply 76*80*2.

lgarrenton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgarrenton
progmode wrote:Does that account for the fact that the airflow layer isn't a solid block of foam? Assuming the image is accurate, it appears to have a wave or egg-crate texture to it which means the volume isn't simply 76*80*2.

Good catch, progmode. I was going through the math myself and figured that a solid 2" support layer would be 21 pounds for the King. Approaching roughly half of that would put the overall weight closer to the 98 pounds.... not exactly, but not off by 10 pounds.

gavinslover

Night 4 of sleeping on mattress - back didn't feel as bad as the previous days. I'll report back after the weekend.

whorlwind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whorlwind

So after airing out for two days it was still a bit stinky, and I realized the cover smells worse than the bed now after taking it off. Anyone know if the cover can be machine washed on cold?

whorlwind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whorlwind
gavinslover wrote:Received the mattress last Friday (I think because my husband and I were one of the first few buyers after midnight 5/23). We let it air out for 72 hours and didn't sleep on it during that time either. Slept on it Monday night for the first time. I woke up with a pretty bad backache Tues AM but my husband was fine. Woke up Wed morning with a terrible backache and again my husband was fine. Same thing again this morning. I've been sleeping on a pillowtop mattress for the past 8 years so I figure my body just needs to adjust to memory foam, but I'm not sure....I guess we'll see. For reference, I'm around 5'6" 120 lbs and my husband is around 6'0" 165 lbs. We would both describe the mattress as medium firm. It's not as soft and 'fluffy' feeling as our old pillowtop, but you do sink in a bit...and once you do, it's firm but not overly firm. I'm going to give it a few more days to see if my back adjusts. Anyone else think the pain will go away after readjusting?

personally I'd say if you like a pillowtop and fluffy feeling, you just need to buy an additional mattress topper. If you don't mind fluffing it every day or two you can't go wrong with a nice down. You can probably get one on overstock for $200-$300. Otherwise a softer memory foam (you'll have to replace it more often) or a latex topper (more expensive initially) might be your choice.

This bed seems like a good value to me, it may not be perfect for everyone's comfort level, but there really is nothing stopping people from adding a topper to soften it up. For those who say it is too soft already, frankly I'm astounded.

gavinslover

whorlwind wrote:personally I'd say if you like a pillowtop and fluffy feeling, you just need to buy an additional mattress topper. If you don't mind fluffing it every day or two you can't go wrong with a nice down. You can probably get one on overstock for $200-$300. Otherwise a softer memory foam (you'll have to replace it more often) or a latex topper (more expensive initially) might be your choice.

This bed seems like a good value to me, it may not be perfect for everyone's comfort level, but there really is nothing stopping people from adding a topper to soften it up. For those who say it is too soft already, frankly I'm astounded.

Good idea, I was thinking of doing that actually! By Day 4 I seem to be adjusting a bit better, but I think a nice topper would soften it up. And I agree with you, I don't think it's too firm.

ShannonT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShannonT

Okay, starting to get concerned. We received the two fulls that we ordered on the 29th, just like the tracking info told us we would. The king, however, shifted delivery from the 29th to the 2nd...when it didn't show up on Monday I checked the tracking info again, and now I also have the dreaded "N/A" for delivery date. The last activity I have is "5/30/2014 - Friday - 9:09 am Departed FedEx location
KERNERSVILLE, NC".

I would be fine if I had some idea where my $390 mattress was, but apparently it has evaporated sometime in the past week? Does anyone know how to find out where an "N/A" package with incomplete tracking info is? I'd really love to know - especially since I'm moving to another city in a week, and originally thought there'd be PLENTY of time left for delivery.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ShannonT wrote:Okay, starting to get concerned. We received the two fulls that we ordered on the 29th, just like the tracking info told us we would. The king, however, shifted delivery from the 29th to the 2nd...when it didn't show up on Monday I checked the tracking info again, and now I also have the dreaded "N/A" for delivery date. The last activity I have is "5/30/2014 - Friday - 9:09 am Departed FedEx location
KERNERSVILLE, NC".

I would be fine if I had some idea where my $390 mattress was, but apparently it has evaporated sometime in the past week? Does anyone know how to find out where an "N/A" package with incomplete tracking info is? I'd really love to know - especially since I'm moving to another city in a week, and originally thought there'd be PLENTY of time left for delivery.

Sorry for the wayward mattress. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

angryreddwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryreddwarf
ShannonT wrote:Okay, starting to get concerned. We received the two fulls that we ordered on the 29th, just like the tracking info told us we would. The king, however, shifted delivery from the 29th to the 2nd...when it didn't show up on Monday I checked the tracking info again, and now I also have the dreaded "N/A" for delivery date. The last activity I have is "5/30/2014 - Friday - 9:09 am Departed FedEx location
KERNERSVILLE, NC".

your mattress has been lost , message cousineaud on this he will check it , if you are lucky , they will send you a new one out , woot support has been really worthless on this matter , the took days to get back to me , then all they told me was wait a couple more days, sad thing is i bought a queen size back in november when it was offered , for some reason fed ex , woot and the vendor are having a hell of a time with the king sizes

lgarrenton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgarrenton
cousineaud wrote:The mattress can go right on the box spring.

^ ^ ^

cousineaud,

I'm a little confused. One of the two tags at the foot of my king-size mattress says "This mattress is intended for use without a foundation." Not sure why it would say intended, as if that isn't an option. Is there some reason I shouldn't place it on a box spring as I had planned?

ahiko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahiko
Fatal1tyKn1ght wrote:For the two dudes that had troubles bringing it up stairs. Time to start lifting a bit more, lol.

Was it us? We're two girls trying to bring it upstairs. And we do weightlifting (at the squat rack, not the girly weights). It was just too large for our arms to wrap around.

ahiko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahiko

First day sleeping on it was perfectly fine, but today being Day 2, my back has been sore all day.

I have pretty poor posture (since I sit in lecture for 3 hours in the morning and sit at a desk coding for 8 hours a day), so maybe it's helping my back?

It's not a painful sore, but feels more like the sore you get after a day of doing deadlifts.

My sleep has been pretty comfortable, though. The firmness is perfect for me. It's a bit firmer than my pillowtop spring mattress at home, but I'm also fine with sleeping on a firmer mattress (or on the floor). I don't like foam mattresses to be soft where you sink in more than an inch. This mattress has been great so far!

I will be putting the mattress on slats tomorrow. It's been on the floor the past three nights.

More updates soon.

gartland291

So I ordered the king size. Got two different delivery dates and blew by both of them. Wouldn't you know....Tracking finally updated. The mattress got one city away and then was declared damaged and sent back.

Now I have a delivery date of next Tuesday but nothing has left the warehouse yet.

This is funny and sad all at the same time.

Skil Toolset

ShannonT

Messaged cousineaud and support@woot.com both. Of course, support is off-duty until Monday morning.

I move in 6 days. In 9 days we have a brand-new king-size bed being delivered to our new address.

Here's hoping I'll get the mattress I ordered for it.

xxhaimbondxx

Day 3.

This morning I woke up without much of a back ache. Not perfectly fine yet, however.

For those thinking of putting it on the slats, unless they are couple of inches away from each other, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't care what they say, you would still feel them if you're heavy. We have it on a short boxspring, however, if I didn't have it, I'd put it on a thick plywood.

flanders2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flanders2

Should I put a mattress pad on top of the gel memory foam mattress or is the cover that's already on the mattress sufficient?

elgatogordo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elgatogordo

My FedEx tracking status is still N/A. I called FedEx on the 5th and was told that the shipping labels had fallen off some of the packages and were returned to the vendor. Do you have any information on this? Woot has not replied to the support request I submitted after speaking to FedEx.

Da Fat Cat ;P

bjadams44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjadams44
xxhaimbondxx wrote:Day 2.

Woke up this morning feeling much better. The back ache is almost gone, so I know the new mattress improved it. BTW, I'm 6'3 and 260 pounds, but don't sink very low, at least, not yet.

I spent a day moving old mattresses and putting a new Ikea bed together until my back was telling me I did too much. I unpacked the mattress and noticed very little if any odor or gassing so I slept on it the same night. I put my memory foam topper on it and found it feeling somewhat soft compared to my old regular mattress with the topper and box springs. I slept well however and awoke with my back feeling much improved and near normal. This "softer" combination results in better full body support for me and as a side sleeper I get less shoulder and arm pain. So far so good but time will tell.

cousineaud

quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud
lgarrenton wrote:^ ^ ^

cousineaud,

I'm a little confused. One of the two tags at the foot of my king-size mattress says "This mattress is intended for use without a foundation." Not sure why it would say intended, as if that isn't an option. Is there some reason I shouldn't place it on a box spring as I had planned?

Hi,

It can be placed directly on the box spring.

cousineaud

quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud

If you have not received your mattress, or the tracking reads N/A, please PM me and I will search from our end.

dand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dand

I've had mine for about a week. It was a little soft on the first night, after only about eight hours of expanding time. It firmed up the second night. My wife actually is saying it is a bit too firm. Over all, I would say it is great for sleeping, not so great for sitting.

swicago

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swicago
cousineaud wrote:
(quote postid="5792701" user="AmrineA")Does anyone know if this uses CertiPUR-US foam?(/quote)

Yes.

Hmmm not to sure if this is true or not???

This mattress is a Slumber Solutions. (Amazon,
overstock) Exact same pattern and color schema!

"Slumber Solutions" is not listed as a company using CertiPUR-US foam
certipur.us - Companies Selling Certified Foam Products, nor is their parent company "FUTURE FOAM, INC."

EDIT: it was pointed out to me by dwhisent, that FUTURE FOAM actually produces foam and is listed on certipur as a foam manufacturer. So looks like we got a great mattress at an even better price.
certipur.us - Foam Producer

dwhisent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwhisent

Not to start a dispute, but this link http://certipur.us/pages/find-a-foam-supplier/ says that Future Foam is centipur certified. Future Foam's own website also states that they are certified.

rincoglionita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rincoglionita

I was not happy with the runaround on the shipping, but I am happy with the mattress. Ours came on Thursday. After wrangling it open and letting it expand, we set it up and slept on it starting Saturday night. Two nights and a nap, and we are both very happy with it. Definitely not too soft. Just for context, we had an old inner spring mattress with a 3" memory foam topper before we got this new mattress, and this feels like a huge improvement. I don't regret my purchase, but I do regret the shipping/notifications cluster.

ShannonT

SO confused at the moment...I messaged support@woot.com and cousineaud...cousineaud contacted me yesterday, told me he would get a new mattress shipped out to me to fulfill the rest of our order ASAP (we bought three, only got two), took all my info and everything...and now today I get an email from support@woot.com saying that they can't fulfill my order and are refunding my money. Waiting to hear from cousinead how this is going to shake out...I don't want to end up empty-handed, but I would definitely rather have the mattress than the money!