jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
lplady wrote:Good morning!

Just saw this poopy story in the Huffington Post. EPA Employees Asked To Stop Pooping In The Hallway.

Well I guess we know where Kenny works now. That would also explain a lot of his "Overheard in the Office" posts.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:They are on 4 acres, we would be on 5, it's not that close. But yeah, I wonder about that sometimes. Still a ways out and the potential new job could change that anyway.

That seems like enough space to not really have to worry about what the neighbors are doing… unless they're, like, testing missiles or something…

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage…
Facebook tinkered with users’ feeds for a massive psychology experiment

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
jqubed wrote:That seems like enough space to not really have to worry about what the neighbors are doing… unless they're, like, testing missiles or something…

If we are testing missiles my dad would probably come over and help.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

jqubed

I love when I get an email with tracking info from Woot with the little spiel about not worrying if the number doesn't show up because it might not be in the system yet, then clicking the tracking number and discovering that the package was delivered this morning.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:If we are testing missiles my dad would probably come over and help.

It's one way to get kids interested in science…

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:It's one way to get kids interested in science…

Getting kids interested in science is what I do now

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Husband took me grocery shopping this afternoon. Since it's been over a week because of this stupid boot, I had a lot to buy and now my back is killing me. Hasn't gone out, but feels like it's going to. Going to have to figure out a way to add more height to the left shoe.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Husband took me grocery shopping this afternoon. Since it's been over a week because of this stupid boot, I had a lot to buy and now my back is killing me. Hasn't gone out, but feels like it's going to. Going to have to figure out a way to add more height to the left shoe.

You can ride in the scooters in the store.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You can ride in the scooters in the store.

I did that once when my back had gone out. Those things are dangerous. You can't see around corners and other shoppers don't cut you any slack. And the baskets aren't nearly big enough.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I did that once when my back had gone out. Those things are dangerous. You can't see around corners and other shoppers don't cut you any slack. And the baskets aren't nearly big enough.

We were glad to get out of the supermarket yesterday. An old lady was trying to drive one of them. It wasn't going well!

We spent 2 1/2 hours trying to get over a bridge last night. The news made it sound like it was a delay, not a standstill!

Two of the three lanes were closed for work.

The work? After 2 1/2 hours of waiting, it was 3 guys spraying something on the road. An ENTIRE huge bridge almost shut down and only one crew of 6 guys working. 3 watching and 3 working.
I blame hubby for not listening to the traffic before we left.

It should have taken about 5 minutes to go the distance from where we stopped to where it finally opened up.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Hello everyone. Really sticky out. Looks like rain.

hot72chev

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hot72chev

Is any woman every really HAPPY that she gets to be a bridesmaid?

I am preparing to be my best friend's maid of honor for the SECOND time, 30 years after her FIRST wedding.

I am too old for this crap.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Is any woman every really HAPPY that she gets to be a bridesmaid?

I am preparing to be my best friend's maid of honor for the SECOND time, 30 years after her FIRST wedding.

Do you get to play games at the shower? Yippee

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Do you get to play games at the shower? Yippee

Shower? Oh crap, am I supposed to throw her a shower? This is ridiculous. I'm having enough stress over forking out too much money for a stupid dress, shoes, hotel, etc. It's not for several months, but the plans are just mushrooming already.

Why don't they just run off to Vegas like other old people?

But she is my oldest and dearest friend, and I love her, so what are ya gonna do? Suck it up, Buttercup, get out your credit card and play the game.

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Shower? Oh crap, am I supposed to throw her a shower? This is ridiculous. I'm having enough stress over forking out too much money for a stupid dress, shoes, hotel, etc. It's not for several months, but the plans are just mushrooming already.

Why don't they just run off to Vegas like other old people?

But she is my oldest and dearest friend, and I love her, so what are ya gonna do? Suck it up, Buttercup, get out your credit card and play the game.

Google "shower for a second wedding." Lots of suggestions and different ideas.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I did that once when my back had gone out. Those things are dangerous. You can't see around corners and other shoppers don't cut you any slack. And the baskets aren't nearly big enough.

You can also ask an employee to shop with you but you have to get to the store first. Hope you feel better soon.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:You can also ask an employee to shop with you but you have to get to the store first. Hope you feel better soon.

The kids have offered. I might take one of them up on it, although it seems silly when husband's here and can do it. It's just that it takes him a long time to find things.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I can haz naps, plz?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:I can haz naps, plz?

I was just thinking about that. I wonder if there's something in this house that insists on naps about an hour or two after getting up in the morning. Husband's already snoozing in the recliner.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I didn't sleep well last night. I want a nap sooooo bad.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I didn't sleep well last night. I want a nap sooooo bad.

You know, one of the best parts of a nap is that first 60 seconds when you snuggle in and don't have to fight it anymore.

Mavyn

One of the best parts of a nap would be the opportunity to have one...and being able to sleep during the day. 'Resting with my eyes closed' isn't quite as useful.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:One of the best parts of a nap would be the opportunity to have one...and being able to sleep during the day. 'Resting with my eyes closed' isn't quite as useful.

Agree. I love it.

KtCallista

I tossed all night, but all three of my calls went well today (wasn't really worried about the first one).

Supervisor and I are on the same page about VISTA Leader for next year. Then I followed that nightmare of a call (that turned out way better than I thought it possibly could) with a job interview (which is why my supervisor's panties were in a bunch).

I think the job interview went well, but since it ended almost 2 hours ago, I'm just staring at my laptop with Word docs open not doing anything. I'm wiped.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:I hate this boot, I hate this boot, I hate this boot. I hate not being able to drive. I hate not being able to drive. I hate not being able to drive.

I understand the not driving! Good news is I will soon be able to walk pretty much everywhere I need to go once this clears up. Its a lot more colorful now.

Car wreck on the way home from airport. Definitely do not recommend. Messed up my plans for being finished moving by July 1st.

//edit: can someone whose brain is in better operating order than mine figure out why the picture isn't showing?

hot72chev

jawsuser wrote:I understand the not driving! Good news is I will soon be able to walk pretty much everywhere I need to go once this clears up. Its a lot more colorful now.

Car wreck on the way home from airport. Definitely do not recommend. Messed up my plans for being finished moving by July 1st.

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. Glad you are ok!!

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:I understand the not driving! Good news is I will soon be able to walk pretty much everywhere I need to go once this clears up. Its a lot more colorful now.

I'm glad you are healing well! I'm sorry you were all banged up, that whole ordeal just sounds awful!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
hot72chev wrote:Is any woman every really HAPPY that she gets to be a bridesmaid?

Yes I was. I figure I'm never getting married so it's the closest I'll ever be to being a bride. And both times were for my sisters.

pooflady

//edit: can someone whose brain is in better operating order than mine figure out why the picture isn't showing?

So sorry. Wish I could see the picture.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:So sorry. Wish I could see the picture.

Yes, we need pictures.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

Jaws--you have the pic on facebook and your security settings there mean the picture can't be shared. You could try uploading it to somewhere like photobucket and sharing from photobucket.

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad you're ok.

Walked into the half-wall in the bathroom last night. Giant bruise and welt on my thigh...no pictures.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Mavyn wrote:Walked into the half-wit in the bathroom last night.

man, i need to find me a better hiding place.

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
no1 wrote:man, i need to find me a better hiding place.

I was thinking she meant me...

pooflady

dougall wrote:I was thinking she meant me...

That bathroom must have been pretty crowded.

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
pooflady wrote:That bathroom must have been pretty crowded.

You should see it during the day.... a real party!

pooflady

Just read a local story. Changing the names.

Jones and Smith were taken to the hospital. Their names and conditions have not been released.

Uh.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Just read a local story. Changing the names.

Jones and Smith were taken to the hospital. Their names and conditions have not been released.

Uh.

Editor taking a nap?

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Editor taking a nap?

Just checked it again, they changed it.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Just checked it again, they changed it.

Oh good!

//sigh I need to be productive, but after a migraine flare last night (probably from the stress leaving), I am just sleepy.