hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:Or more.

Oh yeah.

Plus they can't get the part until Monday, and it's supposed to rain every day next week.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hot72chev wrote:I am so glad this week is over. Too much going on. Doctor appointments, car repairs, sick relatives, overloaded at work, you name it.

This afternoon topped it off. I left the tire dealer after buying 4 new tires. A thunderstorm came up and my windshield wipers stopped working. Of course it's not a simple $3 part, you have to replace the entire mechanism to the tune of $200. This after having the A/C repaired on Tuesday. Cha-Ching!

I think it's time for a Friday evening bourbon or two.

The worst thing one of my cars ever did to me was....the windshield wipers wouldn't shut off. It was embarrassing to drive around on a nice day with the wipers going!

Then there was a fight of sorts between my boyfriend (now husband) and my dad.
Boyfriend wanted to buy the exact part to fix it. Dad wanted to bend some part already there.
Dad won and it never went on while it was shut off again!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:The worst thing one of my cars ever did to me was....the windshield wipers wouldn't shut off. It was embarrassing to drive around on a nice day with the wipers going!

Boyfriend wanted to buy the exact part to fix it. Dad wanted to bend some part already there.

Did he say "I told you so"?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Did he say "I told you so"?

I occasionally mention it when hubby gets too exact about stuff.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I occasionally mention it when hubby gets too exact about stuff.

Good for you.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
hot72chev wrote:I am so glad this week is over. Too much going on. Doctor appointments, car repairs, sick relatives, overloaded at work, you name it.

This afternoon topped it off. I left the tire dealer after buying 4 new tires. A thunderstorm came up and my windshield wipers stopped working. Of course it's not a simple $3 part, you have to replace the entire mechanism to the tune of $200. This after having the A/C repaired on Tuesday. Cha-Ching!

I think it's time for a Friday evening bourbon or two.

Hope it gets better!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.
Off to Home Depot to buy strapping to hold a tarp down on the roof. I have one leak I just can't find and some big storms coming in tonight and tomorrow(maybe) so I need to get this done this morning.
I have been told I have to go to some stupid wedding this afternoon/evening for some people I don't know in a town I have never been to with the reception in another town I've never been to...so good times.

In the end only kindness matters

hot72chev

dontwantaname wrote:The worst thing one of my cars ever did to me was....the windshield wipers wouldn't shut off. It was embarrassing to drive around on a nice day with the wipers going!

Boy, that sounds familiar! My late boyfriend could fix anything, and my mother never trusted him; she always wanted to call a pro.

Yesterday I was cursing him for being dead - where are you when I need you?

If we were in the middle of a drought, I wouldn't be so frantic to get it fixed. At least you could drive your car with working wipers, rain or shine. I'm not going far in the rain with wipers that won't work!

hot72chev

Iceback wrote:Good morning all.
Off to Home Depot to buy strapping to hold a tarp down on the roof. I have one leak I just can't find and some big storms coming in tonight and tomorrow(maybe) so I need to get this done this morning.
I have been told I have to go to some stupid wedding this afternoon/evening for some people I don't know in a town I have never been to with the reception in another town I've never been to...so good times.

Oh, that sounds like fun - NOT.

Be careful in those storms!

pooflady

It's been a lovely day so far.

pooflady

Waiting to hear from Joyner, hope the tornadoes in eastern NC didn't affect her.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It's been a lovely day so far.

That means tomorrow should be good here!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:That means tomorrow should be good here!

Tomorrow's going to be good here, too, and then it's going to hit the fan. While we're driving to the hospital in the dark. We're supposed to get then what Texas is getting today.

hot72chev

I saw a goat roaming the neighborhood today.

I live in a rural area, but our neighborhood is mostly the "Pleasant Valley Sunday" type. One person on the street has chickens, goats, horses, and who knows what else.

We are used to seeing dogs roaming around, but I did a double take on the goat. Thought for a moment I better ease up on that bourbon because I was seeing Unicorns!

It was only a goat on the loose.

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:I saw a goat roaming the neighborhood today.

I live in a rural area, but our neighborhood is mostly the "Pleasant Valley Sunday" type. One person on the street has chickens, goats, horses, and who knows what else.

We are used to seeing dogs roaming around, but I did a double take on the goat. Thought for a moment I better ease up on that bourbon because I was seeing Unicorns!

It was only a goat on the loose.

Too bad, a unicorn would have been more fun.

pooflady

Along with Joyner in NC, I hope the friends in Texas check in, too.

pooflady

Good morning. Sunny here so far.

hot72chev

Indeed it is a beautiful day here also. I should be doing something productive, but I am not. I did some necessary chores yesterday, but today is for being lazy. I am catching up on some shows I had DVR'd last week and painting my nails.

Last sunny day for a while. Boo Hiss.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Sun on and off.

Went to get something from the basement closet and actually cleaned out some of it!
It is where can food goes to die. Just as I guessed, most of it got thrown out.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:Sun on and off.

Went to get something from the basement closet and actually cleaned out some of it!
It is where can food goes to die. Just as I guessed, most of it got thrown out.

You have a food graveyard? I've never heard of that before.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:You have a food graveyard? I've never heard of that before.

Seems that way. Once food goes in, it never comes out.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Seems that way. Once food goes in, it never comes out.

I have some of that lurking in the back of cupboards. Embarrassing when you find something with a 2010 expiration date.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

What's good everyone? I'm out of town with a reporter doing a story because her photographer had a family emergency. It's my first overnight ("business") trip, and our story's not only going to air on our station but it's supposed to be on the network tonight!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I have some of that lurking in the back of cupboards. Embarrassing when you find something with a 2010 expiration date.

I had a bunch from 2012.
This closet is under the basement stairs. If we ever finish the basement, I'm thinking that I would have the part under the steps made into slide out draws.
There might be a sofa in front of it, but that is easy to move.

The food is in the part under the landing. Might have a custom closet thing made for that too. A way to see everything.

We have a support post about 30 inches past the top stair, so having a closet there is logical.

Right now it is the closet of no return, even though it is the kitchen pantry.

I think there is a box of stemware somewhere under the steps.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:What's good everyone? I'm out of town with a reporter doing a story because her photographer had a family emergency. It's my first overnight ("business") trip, and our story's not only going to air on our station but it's supposed to be on the network tonight!

Which network?
Daughter did a story for the nyc station last month. I heard it while driving in the car!
I wish she did TV, it is lonely doing radio by yourself.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning. All is well here. Got some rain yesterday for about 20 minutes but that was it for the weekend.

I was actually productive this weekend.

Got my son's hand-me-down laptop (4 years old but maxed out everything for the time so quite good) and got all the updates done, removed all his files. It's ready for me to move into it now. Gonna retire my desktop. Well, actually probably give it to my niece. It's got a lot of life left in it as it was maxed out for its time too.

Paid bills, filed, shredded, grocery run, gas in the car, etc.

Oh, and I quit the HOA board. Too much talk and not enough action. Not worth the time.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:Which network?
Daughter did a story for the nyc station last month. I heard it while driving in the car!
I wish she did TV, it is lonely doing radio by yourself.

Congratulations on daughter! How is her health doing?

If I put the network on here, that would reveal more about where I work than I necessarily want public on the internet. Maybe just keep flipping through all the networks tonight at 6:30?

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning. All is well here. Got some rain yesterday for about 20 minutes but that was it for the weekend.

Got my son's hand-me-down laptop (4 years old but maxed out everything for the time so quite good) and got all the updates done, removed all his files. It's ready for me to move into it now. Gonna retire my desktop. Well, actually probably give it to my niece. It's got a lot of life left in it as it was maxed out for its time too.

Oh, and I quit the HOA board. Too much talk and not enough action. Not worth the time.

I got a new router up and running, my WiFi finally reaches through the entire house again!

I've had my desktop for about 5 years now, but it's a Mac Pro (that I usually run Windows on) with 2 quad core processors so it's still very capable for today. My plan for when I replace it is to build something similar myself and max it out again. We got a new server recently from HP that handles a lot of video transcoding and transfers and it's a beast. IIRC it has two screaming fast octo-core processors and something ridiculous like 32 gigs of RAM for each processor. It's ridiculously fast at transcoding video, much faster than real time, which is crazy. That's basically what I'd want to build, with whatever's current at that point.

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:Congratulations on daughter! How is her health doing?

If I put the network on here, that would reveal more about where I work than I necessarily want public on the internet. Maybe just keep flipping through all the networks tonight at 6:30?

She is doing much better.
WHAT THE ████, send a pm.
If I was a dangerous bubba, I would have made a move years ago!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:What's good everyone? I'm out of town with a reporter doing a story because her photographer had a family emergency. It's my first overnight ("business") trip, and our story's not only going to air on our station but it's supposed to be on the network tonight!

You do realize that this information makes it impossible to figure out which story is yours.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:WHAT THE ████, send a pm.

lulz

dontwantaname wrote:She is doing much better.

good to hear

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

Congratulations. We always watch the national news at 6:30 so, since I wouldn't know what station to watch, I'll miss you.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning. All is well here. Got some rain yesterday for about 20 minutes but that was it for the weekend.

Just trying to make the rest of us feel ashamed, aren't you?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:

yes, because all the people who posted on woot say, 8 years ago, are all still posting.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:yes, because all the people who posted on woot say, 8 years ago, are all still posting.

Is that why you are in jail?????

THE BUBBA IS no1!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Is that why you are in jail?????

THE BUBBA IS no1!!!!

how could i be the bubba? imma not the one telling people to reveal their identifying info!

pooflady

no1 wrote:how could i be the bubba? imma not the one telling people to reveal their identifying info!

Yes, you're far too clever than that. You let us eke out info from new people.

no1

pooflady wrote:Yes, you're far too clever than that. You let us eke out info from new people.

i suppose i also let you make them go "poof!"

pooflady

no1 wrote:i suppose i also let you make them go "poof!"

You weren't supposed to tell.

no1

pooflady wrote:You weren't supposed to tell.

DONT ASK DONT TELL