+ Add a Comment

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

I couldn't see page 7.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
killingtime wrote:I couldn't see page 7.

?

Still single, can't imagine why.

czardastx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx
killingtime wrote:I couldn't see page 7.

It wasn't ready yet.

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

killingtime

czardastx wrote:
It wasn't ready yet.

So, you saw what I saw, right?

There was a page 7...but not really.

GTG...see ya

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

Tonight I planted two more trays of seed -- 60 Tomatilla plants, and 60 bell pepper.

Everything that was started two weeks ago is thriving, so far. (Well, except the watermelon. Only 3 out of 9 pots sprouted.)

Went out and got cilantro seed as well. Going to make a lot of salsa with all of this good stuff once it bears. Yum!

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
gwp wrote:Tonight I planted two more trays of seed -- 60 Tomatilla plants, and 60 bell pepper.

Everything that was started two weeks ago is thriving, so far. (Well, except the watermelon. Only 3 out of 9 pots sprouted.)

Went out and got cilantro seed as well. Going to make a lot of salsa with all of this good stuff once it bears. Yum!

You've been busy!!
I still need to get my ex sister-in-law's salsa recipe, it was delicious!
Wonder why the watermelon was kind of a failure?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
acemom wrote:
You've been busy!!

Ball (as in Blue Book) has a salsa mix (minus the tomatoes) that is pretty good when canned.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

gwp

acemom wrote:
You've been busy!!

Too wet I think. I started them in peat pots instead of the plastic starter trays, and the pots absorbed a lot of water. I've got them sitting in a bed of perlite right now to see if any of them recover. If not, three plants isn't that bad I suppose.

acemom

gwp wrote:

Too wet I think. I started them in peat pots instead of the plastic starter trays, and the pots absorbed a lot of water. I've got them sitting in a bed of perlite right now to see if any of them recover. If not, three plants isn't that bad I suppose.

Or you could try again....
My mom told me that when we lived in CA ( I was too young to remember) we used to sit outside to eat watermelon and spit the seeds out in the yard.
We ended up with watermelon plants, heh.

acemom

Well, i picked some of my poor frozen daffodils and brought them in.
We will see if they are OK or dead.

killingtime

Here are my homemade (Fen will be so proud) terrariums. A lasagna pan with plastic top with hole cut in top. Just under a week planted.

In case you are interested in what I have growing...peas, cukes, eggplant, moon flower, morning glories, peppers and ornamental gourds.

This morning I remembered the seeds that TennBee sent me. I will sow these after this batch.

Some seeds take longer to germinate in case you are wondering about the third tray. Plus I am trying two different soils out. So far, I think I know what is the winner.

P.S. Secret ingredient - coffee grinds

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

A garden sculpture for you "Green Thumbs"

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

Looks good, KT. We'll need fresh pictures every once in a while.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

gwp

KT shamed me into taking pictures of my own, finally ...

The little 'greehnouse' seed starter in the basement

With the plastic cover open. From left to right: Watermelon, Celery, Cayenne Pepper, three varieties of Tomato.

The lower level, with two trays of seeds sprouting for Tomatillas and Bell Peppers.

As soon as we get done with this weekend's winter storm and foot of snow (not here yet...), I'll move the upper level plants out to the cold frames outdoors.

The upper level has a Perlite bed with heating coils buried in it. This keeps the enclosed section tropical as far as temps and humidity goes. I don't have to water very often as it 'rains' in there most days.

pooflady

That's pretty sophisticated, gwp. Have the local gendarmes come knocking on your door yet?

gwp

pooflady wrote:That's pretty sophisticated, gwp. Have the local gendarmes come knocking on your door yet?

After I lit it up this year, I spent the next couple of nights listening for helicopters ...

Actually, this is such a suburban suburb, that I doubt the local law spends much time hunting herb farmers. I'd be happy to give them a tour if the neighbors ever blow me in though. It wouldn't take them very long to determine "Oh, you're boring. Never mind." and pretend to have to run off to an urgent call somewhere ...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:Here are my homemade (Fen will be so proud) terrariums. A lasagna pan with plastic top with hole cut in top. Just under a week planted.

In case you are interested in what I have growing...peas, cukes, eggplant, moon flower, morning glories, peppers and ornamental gourds.

This morning I remembered the seeds that TennBee sent me. I will sow these after this batch.

Some seeds take longer to germinate in case you are wondering about the third tray. Plus I am trying two different soils out. So far, I think I know what is the winner.

P.S. Secret ingredient - coffee grinds

Just gotta ask

You are moving....so why are you planting a vegetable garden?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:

Just gotta ask

You are moving....so why are you planting a vegetable garden?

I already explained this already...but I will repeat.

I decided to do seeds because they are cheaper than buying plants. If I end up staying, I will reap the rewards. If I don't, the new owners will reap the rewards. Plus, once my gardens start blooming, they will be a selling point, I believe...to someone who enjoys gardening.

The first two years of moving in somewhere is always interesting finding out what you like and hate about what grows around you. We had strawberries when we moved in...it was nice for awhile, but too hard to keep away from the bunnies...so we ripped it out and it is now a vegetable garden.

So, I just view it as a gift of sorts...

pooflady

I remember you telling her this once before. Just like I told her about the eggs. I think her memory's failing.

gwp

pooflady wrote:I remember you telling her this once before. Just like I told her about the eggs. I think her memory's failing.

Who are you people, and what are you all doing in my living ro...

Hey! You kids get off my lawn!

killingtime

I bought some bulbs today as well...for any potential empty spots. I may have lost some monks hood so this will be a replacement.

Bought at BJ's Wholesale for $14.99. May seem expensive, but I have always had good luck with their bulbs. They have always come up. I have purchased bulbs at discount stores or Walmart and they've not come up.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I remember you telling her this once before. Just like I told her about the eggs. I think her memory's failing.

What if they want a maintenance free lawn and there is this big labor intensive garden?

That is just too many eggs!

remember what?

I'm not on your stinkin lawn!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I think you people are just picking on me.
I'm not even going to post a picture of my tomato plant now.
You will never see it! Ever! Maybe even longer!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I think you people are just picking on me.

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:

What if they want a maintenance free lawn and there is this big labor intensive garden?

Bummer dude. Then this not the house for them...

pooflady wrote:

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry...

gwp

dontwantaname wrote:I think you people are just picking on me.

We elderly frequently poke fun at each other. The good thing is, nobody holds a grudge, because it's hard to remember that ...

Hey. When did they build that new drugstore over there?

pooflady

gwp wrote:

We elderly frequently poke fun at each other. The good thing is, nobody holds a grudge, because it's hard to remember that ...

Hey. When did they build that new drugstore over there?

Your turn signal is still on.

gwp

pooflady wrote:

Your turn signal is still on.

Yeah. I figure I'm bound to turn left eventually ...

pooflady

gwp wrote:

Yeah. I figure I'm bound to turn left eventually ...

But you need to be in the left lane then.

gwp

pooflady wrote:

But you need to be in the left lane then.

Me!? I thought you were driving!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

gwp wrote:

Me!? I thought you were driving!!

Who's car is this?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

gwp

dontwantaname wrote:

Who's car is this?

Car? That explains why you didn't hand out lifejackets Captain ... Will there still be in-flight drinks though, Miss?

czardastx

dontwantaname wrote:

Who's car is this?

gwp wrote:

Car? That explains why you didn't hand out lifejackets Captain ... Will there still be in-flight drinks though, Miss?

What the hell are you people doing in the bathroom?

The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

pooflady

czardastx wrote:

What the hell are you people doing in the bathroom?

If you don't pedal a little faster, we'll never get there.

czardastx

pooflady wrote:

If you don't pedal a little faster, we'll never get there.

I don't have my pants on, how much faster do you think I can pedal?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

czardastx wrote:
I don't have my pants on, how much faster do you think I can pedal?

Are we out of toilet paper?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:

Are we out of toilet paper?

I think you use too much ketchup.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Not exactly garden, but close enough

here is my current project. These are week 1 results I'll keep you updated
project picture
project picture
project picture

btw, I made these links for a reason. you really should zoom in on them if you can.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
cruzer wrote:Not exactly garden, but close enough

here is my current project. These are week 1 results I'll keep you updated
project picture
project picture
project picture

btw, I made these links for a reason. you really should zoom in on them if you can.

I want you to notice that there are two types of grass in my lawn.

It is mostly St. Augustine, but you can see some rye grass in there too (correct me if I am wrong). The grass that is coming in right now is rye grass (that I am sure of). I'm halfway thinking about replacing the St. Augustine grass for the rye grass. Maybe tear a few spots up at a time and grow some nice grass in my yard. I really don't like the St. Augustine. It is really rough and the rye grass is real soft. Just my thoughts on a project that I want to do.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Still single, can't imagine why.