+ Add a Comment

kringansaha

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kringansaha
xjeepx99 wrote:The $82,500 tax kills it.

dont you have the taxsucks thingi ?

sakimori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakimori

*You* know it's an April fools thing... and *I* know it's an April fools thing... but if (for whatever technical reason) the site ended up actually charging me $1,000,001 for it, somehow I don't think the good folks over at Visa's collection office are gonna just say "oh, it was just an April fool's misunderstanding, so there's no problem and you don't owe us the interest on that $1,000,001 charge".

Bryancpe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryancpe

first woot was negative 11 minutes... someone went back in time they were so fast.

mdafforn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdafforn
pglo1 wrote:my credit card limit is 1000000.00.... can I borrow a dollar?

Actually, you'd need to borrow 6, to also cover the shipping

X3 X11

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

What happened last year? Same thing? Will a new woot be put up, sometime tonight?

aross42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aross42

I didnt use paypal, I tried 3x and it still shows available. you suck...
your order is NOT in.
possible problems with your order:

Order denied.
Whoops! Lucky for you that we just ran out of room in our money vault, so we can't take your million dollars.
But if you have that kind of money to throw after garbage like this, email jtoon@woot.com.
We can work something out...
Billing address does not match.
Credit card security number does not match.

Also, if you were using PayPal, it may be one of the following issues:

If your PayPal account is empty, and backed by a bank account rather than a credit card, it won't work. At this time, we don't accept eChecks, due to the 3-5 day delay prior to confirmation. You can either put money directly into your PayPal account, change your account to be backed by a credit

Do The Right Thing...

cavres23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cavres23

what kind of joke is this?

dimend

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dimend

i WAS JUST thinking they don't have these on regular woots anymore and up it comes. I better get on or this is just plain mean!!! Mean woot! Bad bag bad bad!

xtremedrummer498

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtremedrummer498

they must be kidding. . .

gossimer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gossimer

OMG - I almost peed my pants I laughed so hard. I was SO excited, I hit buy and then, thankfully, looked at the price and thought, "What the hell!" I should have known better than for a Blinged-Out Cabbage to be available at two minutes after twelve. lol

One of these days I will get a Blinged-Out Cabbage! I almost cried at work the other day when I went to the copier and came back and had missed it that fast.

angisson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angisson
Fooldj wrote:

i tried to buy one just for giggles, the error says something like "sorry, we just ran out of room in our money vault, and cannot take your million dollars"

I'm pretty sure that they didn't try to charge my credit card ;)

lmao! this was a good joke I gotta admit

and I was like damn I finally can get a Bandolier of Carrots... =|

oh well always next time

arnott

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arnott
soliver wrote:Has anyone clicked on the picture. Good stuff.

who are those guys ?

allanonkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allanonkid

I'm tempted to try and buy it and see what happens

dsafljksdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsafljksdal

this woot is gay i hate life because of this woot I'm weeping with joy!! what a waste

nebber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nebber

I was hoping it would still let you buy the bag o' crap and just actually charge your card a reasonable amount like $4 ... damn.

I guess they're taking the day off? My hats off to them, but why waste a woot entirely?

bigeasy917

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigeasy917

Hello 1,000,000.

sunshinefiend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunshinefiend

forgot it was 1 April! lol - I actually had a bit of money in the bank account this weekend and stayed up thinking "maybe I'll actually buy a woot this time". don't have that much!! I hope somebody buys one, that'd make for some great PR

Pencap23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pencap23

Someone bought one?

mockamonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mockamonkey

Damn you woot! It's like the Bandolier of Carrots is just sitting there mocking me.

KiTchMe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KiTchMe
tiga31328 wrote:Cute, but is WOOT so filthy rich that they would do a joke like this and lose thousands of dollars just for a laugh, that ain't all that funny???

I think they should have done the pig or something, would have been funnier and at least something you could purchase.

I wonder how many Wooter's went for this only to have their credit card provider decline it, then flag their accounts with a fraud alert. Now THAT is FUNNY!!!

Now, after recovering from almost having a heart attack and 'almost' scoring one (denied, hehe), I think it's pretty funny. I hope that many others when they open a web page and not sold out experience that same 'almost' heart attack....Nicely done, Monsieur Woot

ArtJDM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ArtJDM

Guess no one else has a Centurion Black AmEx card?

jhg03a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhg03a

I'm willing to bet that it is woot's old warehose!

darlidia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darlidia

HA! I'd totally do it...if only I have that much credit

kimberlys100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimberlys100
liammc wrote:

Better hope it's not a hold on your CC that maxed it out for 3-7 business days.. lol

wonder if you will get a 35.00 over draft fee at the bank?

BentoBoxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BentoBoxx
namely wrote:3 ferrariSSS

Yeah, but they are Refurbs!

Roger says WOOT!

hksimpson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hksimpson

Just found it is illegal to steal your children's organs for money. Maybe slavery will bring me the $1,000,000 I need for the woot.

Crazymanrobert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crazymanrobert
kylemg wrote:haha...click on the Bandolier of Carrots image on the main page.

HA Now thats funny!

WOOT Cherrry broken on 12/13/06 at 12:30am

juanpuen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanpuen

Blinged-Out Cabbage....sold out....damn...
Wait...Yes...Sold out....

yorkydee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yorkydee
detinic wrote:don't you love april fools day

Yeah I love AFD but, I'm trying for it. I figure they will charge a buck and really send a bag or they'll blow me off. Worth a shot.

Deena Mapley

panteedropper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panteedropper

hahah tried to buy one for the hell of it. figured if it charged the tyical 1 dollar it be worth it, if it really did charge the million...i dont have a credit line that high so it would get rejected anyways lol

knowplay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knowplay

I work for a living. I decided to stay up and check woot because I miss out on alot of stuff having to wait until 10-11 am before I can check. Thanks woot...I miss out on sleep for a joke. No thanks.

WHO DAT??!! The Saints rollin deep, BABY!!

noj3948

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noj3948

April fool!

delta88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages delta88

love it!

atvnfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atvnfamily

c.card bounced

atvnfamily wrote:I'm a SUCKER

princo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princo

Easy way for them to take a day off...

JimmieTee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimmieTee

Why not just buy it, it's not like they can get a million off my card if they are not joking.

The J

Woot
Owns
OCD
Types

elpepe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages elpepe

Ok guys, I hate to break it to you, but they're not actually charging the credit cards. Everyone is getting a declined message.

By which I mean, they are not actually submitting the charges. You could use an Amex Black card which has no limit and it still would be declined. Because they are not allowing any sales.

Torch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torch

Is this for Paris Hiltons impounded car? Does it come with Paris and (2) of her friends>? Might go for it if it means she has to do all her community service cleaning my house for the next month, and wear one of those really sexy ankle bracelets.

hmmmm.

Over 60 WoOts! and counting

0x776F6F7421

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 0x776F6F7421

FIVE DOLLARS shipping? Forget it.

areaywhy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages areaywhy

you just reminded me about April fool`s........................now i have to play a million jokes ...just to get even..