terryj42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terryj42

Just got mine today even though the tracking says it's scheduled for delivery next week. Nice watch! I was successfully able to sync the time perfectly. Now, though, comes the tough part: finding a jeweler to resize that beast.

footballsh0rty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages footballsh0rty

I got my tracking number yesterday and when i click on the link to track it it says, "Sorry, no parcels matched your tracking numbers. Please verify the entered tracking numbers and customer id are correct." What is going on?
P.S. i double cheched to make sure i was entering the correct tracking number.

dpm22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpm22
footballsh0rty wrote:I got my tracking number yesterday and when i click on the link to track it it says, "Sorry, no parcels matched your tracking numbers. Please verify the entered tracking numbers and customer id are correct." What is going on?
P.S. i double cheched to make sure i was entering the correct tracking number.

Same thing is happening to me

bhs2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhs2

go back and read page 9...the real poop is there....

then recheck your shipping number...

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Gatzby wrote:

If you're having trouble tracking by normal means, try the following:
http://spportal.fedex.com/sp/tracking.htm?CID=10290&PID=TrackingNumberHere

Wanted to bring this around to the current page. If you've already received a URL like this, make sure the CID portion of the link is correct, as there was some confusion when the emails went out.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

jlou04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlou04

For people who need the watches resized, go to a Fossil store if there's one near you. I've got a Fossil outlet in my area, and they've always been happy to resize their watches for free. Also, if you have a Fossil with a dead battery, tell them you got the watch in the past 4 months or so, they'll replace the batteries for free.

mblum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mblum

I wooted the watch then two dayes latter I wooted the lited usb cables. My info says I'll get the cables two days earler than the watch. Go figure.

TheDety

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheDety

Ok I went to the parcel direct site...put in my tracking number and nada...got this...

Sorry, no parcels matched your tracking numbers. Please verify the entered tracking numbers and customer id are correct.

Is mine coming or no?

2 W00T

Stark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Stark
TheDety wrote:Ok I went to the parcel direct site...put in my tracking number and nada...got this...

Sorry, no parcels matched your tracking numbers. Please verify the entered tracking numbers and customer id are correct.

Is mine coming or no?

No, sorry. It actually came to my house due to a shipping error. Thanks for the watch, dude!

dlsmith1948

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlsmith1948

I got mine yesterday, by USPS even though Woot said it was shipped by FedEx. It would not sync last night, but did sync this morning.
--
The watch is my 13'th woot.

--
David Smith

racraft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racraft

Beware. Woot failed to ship this on time. It has not left their facility and it has been over a week since I place the order.

lrosenman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lrosenman

Got mine yesterday, and it synced, and all is well. Will visit the Fossil outlet near me tonite to get the 3 links I need removed.

LER

8/30/2007 Ultrex 7-Piece Deep Fryer Taco Shell Set -- 4/17/2007 Delphi USB 2.0 Lighted Cable - 4-Pack -- 4/12/2007 Abacus Atomic Men's Stainless Steel Watch -- 3/23/2007 3xScreaming Monkey w/Green Woot Cape -- 2/06/2007 10-pk Kensington Keyboard -- 1/16/2007 3x2pk Kensington Optical Mouse
1/02/2007 2pk PCI Wireless card

BLKJAK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BLKJAK
racraft wrote:Beware. Woot failed to ship this on time. It has not left their facility and it has been over a week since I place the order.

So did you contact woot staff or are you just bashing woot here? I haven't had any issues with woot's shipping times at all, other than my bags of crap which is expected. I have purchased well over 25 woots in the past so I have a good point of reference to compare. FYI - mine shipped and left woot on 4/16, made it to Wisconsin on 4/17 and has been sitting in FedEx's sort center until today (4/20). This isn't woot's fault. Your mileage may vary.

lrosenman

tlpintpe wrote:

I received mine today...I am in the Austin area.

Is it possible to remove links from the band? I have changed the clasp as much as possible, but it is still far to big. Never thought I had small wrists!

There is a Fossil outlet in the Outlet Mall in Round Rock (IH-35/Exit 257 or so).

I plan on visiting them today, as other posters have said Fossil stores will adjust them for free.

LER

8/30/2007 Ultrex 7-Piece Deep Fryer Taco Shell Set -- 4/17/2007 Delphi USB 2.0 Lighted Cable - 4-Pack -- 4/12/2007 Abacus Atomic Men's Stainless Steel Watch -- 3/23/2007 3xScreaming Monkey w/Green Woot Cape -- 2/06/2007 10-pk Kensington Keyboard -- 1/16/2007 3x2pk Kensington Optical Mouse

zbeeblebrox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zbeeblebrox

quick link to find the nearest store:

http://storelocator.fossil.com/?country=us&state=AZ

put in your zip and hit "go".

TheDety

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheDety
zbeeblebrox wrote:quick link to find the nearest store:

http://storelocator.fossil.com/?country=us&state=AZ

put in your zip and hit "go".

Woof...my nearest one is in the next state. ><

2 W00T

che348

quality posts: 0 Private Messages che348

When they combine the services of Fed-ex and UsPs what do we get?

Fed-UP

If they use this type of service for Woot!-Wine, Barney will be drinking the contents of his lava lamp to get a fix after a week.
He ran out of brake fluid 3 days ago and he used up all his Drano last time his wine was delayed.
What is he to do?

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321
edz321 wrote:
Using the above link I was able to track my package. At least I think it's my package because that link doesn't show the destiation address or zipcode. Unfortunately my watch is taking the scenic route. So far it's been to Houston (April 16), Dallas (April 17), Martinsburg West Virginia (April 18). It shows that the "Est. In Home" date is April 24.
Not bad, only 12 days after I ordered it (sarcasm). Thanks woot!

*Update* My watch came today! I wonder why there was so much confusion with the shipping of this woot. Anyway, I feel better now.

The only problem is that I can't get my watch to sync up.

doze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doze

Got mine yeaterday, updated time just fine but this thing is huge. Nice looking watch for $20 though

I used a thumbtack and some needlenose pliers to adjust my band.

blessedexchequer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blessedexchequer

Had to do the funky tracking thing to find out any info on this and there was a weird message. How could it have arrived in SLC and then be picked up in WI

April 19, 2007 5:08 PM Picked Up by Shipping Partner NEW BERLIN, WI *
April 19, 2007 7:17 AM Sortation Center Arrival SALT LAKE CITY, UT
April 19, 2007 7:11 AM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI
April 17, 2007 10:40 PM Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI
April 17, 2007 4:33 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
April 16, 2007 8:59 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
April 16, 2007 12:00 AM Pickup HOUSTON, TX

TheNatureBoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNatureBoy

I have the same situation. It left Houston on the 17th, arrived in Dallas on the 17th and the it arrived in New Berlin WI on the 19th. Wisconsin!?!?! That's some crazy stuff. I have a scheduled delivery date of the 26th. I'm not complaining, but Woot should think about changing their shipping methods.

mike49mr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mike49mr

this is the biggest, gaudiest, butt uglyiest watch I ever owned, BUT IT IS MINE. And I got it today. Not bad for the price.

lrosenman

lrosenman wrote:
There is a Fossil outlet in the Outlet Mall in Round Rock (IH-35/Exit 257 or so).

I plan on visiting them today, as other posters have said Fossil stores will adjust them for free.

LER

If you go to the Round Rock store, bring the book that shows it's a Fossil. The manager (I think) didn't recognize the brand, and took longer arguing with me than to pull out the 2 links.

I'm glad I had put the book in my pocket.

Grr.

You'd think that they'd do it just for goodwill, especially since the store was Empty except for the Manager, 1 employee and me.

LER

TennCasey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TennCasey

If anyone's still wondering how they should go about fitting their watch, I found that using a hammer and nail to nudge the pins out, then pull them out the rest of the way with a pair of pliers works quite nicely.

dmills

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmills
Gatzby wrote:

Wanted to bring this around to the current page. If you've already received a URL like this, make sure the CID portion of the link is correct, as there was some confusion when the emails went out.

I used the link to track my shipment. Data was from U.S. Postal Service. That explains a lot! My watch is coming Monday.

zbeeblebrox

Mine came today.

The local Fossil store would not resize my watchband, even once they saw the book that showed it was a Fossil watch. Something about them not being able to fix it once they broke it, they said (since it did not say Fossil on the front).

Ended up getting it sized at a jewelry store. It still has the wrong time on it.

zbeeblebrox

Yay!

Finally got it to sync up... and at full strength to WWVB.

Do the sync up:
a] outside
b] while the watch sits flat on a table

Even got it set to Arizona Time (==24/7/365 Mountain Standard Time)...

zbeeblebrox wrote:Mine came today.

The local Fossil store would not resize my watchband, even once they saw the book that showed it was a Fossil watch. Something about them not being able to fix it once they broke it, they said (since it did not say Fossil on the front).

Ended up getting it sized at a jewelry store. It still has the wrong time on it.

lrosenman

zbeeblebrox wrote:Yay!

Do the sync up:
a] outside

Another thing to remember is that the WWVB signal is easier to receive at night.

I've put mine by the window the last couple of nights and see the sync indications that way.

More information from the NIST website:
http://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvb.htm
http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1976.pdf

the PDF file has a troubleshooting chapter for reception issues.

Both are interesing reads.

adinardi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adinardi
zbeeblebrox wrote:
Yay!

Do the sync up:
a] outside

I'm wondering when it was syncing what the indicator showed? Was it flashing? And were the bars consistent? I think it's just having a strength issue (it's noon here). It was getting "full" reception it looked like -- but continued to flash.. doing nothing. I just gave up (I had to hold it in the air above my head...).

zbeeblebrox

lrosenman wrote:
Another thing to remember is that the WWVB signal is easier to receive at night.

I've put mine by the window the last couple of nights and see the sync indications that way.

Mine correctly auto synced up last night, at 3:10AM. (I know this because it auto reapplied DST- I now figured out how to permanently set the watch to ignore DST). I didn't have it anywhere special (just on the dresser in the bedroom), so it appeared to just need the special orientation the first time...

zbeeblebrox

adinardi wrote:

I'm wondering when it was syncing what the indicator showed? Was it flashing? And were the bars consistent? I think it's just having a strength issue (it's noon here). It was getting "full" reception it looked like -- but continued to flash.. doing nothing. I just gave up (I had to hold it in the air above my head...).

Mine would periodically change between just the "circled-A"tomic indicator flashing and the signal bars flashing as well. I think that is when it was testing out different signal sources to sync to, and not all of them had a signal strength to them. If you don't have any signal bars flashing at all during sync, I don't think it will sync up.

lrosenman

It could take up to 5-10 minutes for the full sync depending on what is going on in the atmosphere, area, and weather wise.

Read the links I posted earlier.

alathar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alathar

I only checked pages 9 and 10 and didn't see it, but does anyone know if there's any sort of "silent mode" where pushing the buttons doesn't make the watch beep? Even a full on "silent all" would be fine...I'd like to be able to check my watch in the dark without making a noise (at a concert or watching a movie).

berclese

quality posts: 1 Private Messages berclese

Got mine today. It's BIG and manly. Makes me want to unbutton an extra button on my shirt.
Ooh... did I type that out loud? My tracking info never did show any status, but the damn thing showed up. Woot on.

Stark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Stark

Yeah, a silent feature would be nice. I tried fiddling with it(mashing buttons) and the best I could manage was a full reset, but it still beeps rather loudly.

I got it to sync up after two tries. The second try involved me facing the back of the watch on a window sill in the approximate direction of Denver. I probably missed and hit Missoula, but it worked after about two minutes.

I'll go get it resized tomorrow. I'm not going to take any guff from those people, though, if they try to refuse to size it.

jballigood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jballigood

Mine was synced already when it arrived, but mine is a bit cloudy, and there is no film to remove that I can tell from the front. Anyone else having this problem?

cgravell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgravell

I got mine and got it to sync to the correct hour, but it is 10 minutes behind.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions as to what I can do?

spyderfry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spyderfry
blessedexchequer wrote:Had to do the funky tracking thing to find out any info on this and there was a weird message. How could it have arrived in SLC and then be picked up in WI

April 19, 2007 5:08 PM Picked Up by Shipping Partner NEW BERLIN, WI *
April 19, 2007 7:17 AM Sortation Center Arrival SALT LAKE CITY, UT
April 19, 2007 7:11 AM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI

Similar tracking status here...now I am complaining...What gives, Woot? I know it's not your fault but really...C'mon! Idaho isn't THAT FAR from you.

April 23, 2007 9:34 AM Picked Up by Shipping Partner NEW BERLIN, WI *
April 23, 2007 5:31 AM Sortation Center Arrival SALT LAKE CITY, UT
April 21, 2007 5:11 AM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI
April 19, 2007 10:30 PM Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI
April 19, 2007 4:58 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
April 17, 2007 4:00 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
April 17, 2007 12:00 AM Pickup HOUSTON, TX

terryj42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terryj42

For those who are looking to get these beasts resized, just take 'em to Wal-Mart. Resizing should be free and only takes a few minutes.

I did have trouble getting mine to sync this morning. Not only was the time off, the year was WAY off, 2020 to be exact. I just manually set it all and will try syncing again in the morning.

mblum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mblum

I can't remember, did I order a watch or a ping pong ball?
Date Time Description Location
April 21, 2007 8:55 AM Enroute CINCINNATI, OH *
April 21, 2007 8:45 AM Enroute CINCINNATI,OH
April 21, 2007 1:30 AM Shipment Accepted; Destination Delivery Unit HUNTINGTON, WV *
April 19, 2007 1:02 PM Electronic Shipping Info Received CINCINNATI, OH *
April 19, 2007 12:32 PM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
April 18, 2007 4:30 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
April 18, 2007 6:45 AM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI

* indicates data from USPS