dmills

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmills

My watch was supposed to arrive today, but alas, it did not. :o(
It's been in OKC since last Thursday. S'pose I should just drive over and pick it up?
Hmmmmmm...????
I fear my FedX package may be on an uncharted island with Tom Hanks. Next time, Woot!, use Brown - more reliable.

mblum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mblum

Wel,l well, well, well, my watch is here afterall. May have been here when I made the last post, my mailbox is half mile away. This is one humongous watch. I'm 6'3" and 250 pounds so I have a large wrist and I had to set the band at its' smallest setting so you small wristed people may have a bit of a problem.

jacsonhole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacsonhole

My watch is incredibly nine minutes slow?? It has had two days out of the box and sat on the window sill where I spent many hours looking for ET to pass in front of the moon. It has a perfect angle for the mysterious wavelengths from Colorado to reach its brain. It has the right day of the week and month, just nine minutes slow.

I am an engineer and fully capable of adding nine minutes to the display mentally to assure I am on time for my next rendezvous with destiny, but quite frankly would prefer the watch do this!

Any suggestions that are fit to print??

jacsonhole@optonline.net

chris822

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris822

Have got second email from service@woot with wrong tracking number and information. Still do not have the watch that was purchased on 4-12-07. C'mon on guys and gals just let me know what is up!!! Never had a problem with Woot before so please don't ruin a good thing!!! Please email me my correct information for item#21233738, let's get this corrected.

Well at least you have got yours........

jenders

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenders

I also can't get any tracking info. I tried all the suggested methods. I finally emailed Woot. I told them the above. I also said just tell me when its supossed to come, so I know when to email back if it doesn't come.
They did tell me Fedex and sent the same screwed up link.
I work at large printing co. and although I'm in PreMedia I hear some stuff about shipping. My guess is that WOOT sends skids of stuff out Fedex and it goes to certain locations across country to USPS hubs and there they bust up the skids and send Postal.
This might account for us being told Fedex, but they show up US Postal.
Keeps shipping costs down, but confuses us.

Just a guess.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Gatzby wrote:

If you're having trouble tracking by normal means, try the following:
http://spportal.fedex.com/sp/tracking.htm?CID=10290&PID=TrackingNumberHere

Note the difference in the CID compared to the original tracking emails.

This uses a means of shipping called Fedex SmartPost:

FedEx SmartPost offers you an efficient, value-oriented, and timely way to ship high volumes of low-weight packages to residential customers. We pick up, sort, line haul, track and deliver your packages to the post offices closest to your customers. The USPS makes the final delivery to the residence. As a result, you reduce transit time, minimize handling, and maximize postal discounts.

One notable improvement is shipping to PO boxes, which have been notoriously delayed in the past.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

chris822

Gatzby wrote:
One notable improvement is shipping to PO boxes, which have been notoriously delayed in the past.

Thanks for the quick reply, the email that I got gave me a new link that was bad also, all I want is some information and it has been enough time to be delivered...........

gotribe66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gotribe66

I've tried the different links for tracking and none of them work for me. Where are my watches?

wadethrugore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wadethrugore

Ive had three woots and two other packages arrive and I ordered them AFTER I ordered this damn thing. The tracking link doesnt work either.

-21667054 7/20/2007 Diamond Tek X-Cessive Distance Golf Balls - 15-Pack 3
-21545176 6/30/2007 Logitech MX Revolution Rechargeable Laser Mouse
-21528931 6/25/2007 Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
-21464631 6/5/2007 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack
-21419174 5/30/2007 Whistler Radar & Laser Detector

wadethrugore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wadethrugore
Gatzby wrote:

This link worked for me. Though for some reason it arrived in my home town on the twenty third and on the same day is reported as being misshipped to the other side of the state. Weird.

-21667054 7/20/2007 Diamond Tek X-Cessive Distance Golf Balls - 15-Pack 3
-21545176 6/30/2007 Logitech MX Revolution Rechargeable Laser Mouse
-21528931 6/25/2007 Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
-21464631 6/5/2007 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack
-21419174 5/30/2007 Whistler Radar & Laser Detector

Gatzby

gotribe66 wrote:I've tried the different links for tracking and none of them work for me. Where are my watches?

I just checked http://spportal.fedex.com/sp/tracking.htm?CID=10290&PID= with your tracking number (that should be available under your account) and see it in Leetsdale, PA with an estimated delivery of 4/26. Feel free to reply if you continue to have problems.

Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.

Gatzby

jenders wrote:I also can't get any tracking info. I tried all the suggested methods. I finally emailed Woot. I told them the above. I also said just tell me when its supossed to come, so I know when to email back if it doesn't come.
They did tell me Fedex and sent the same screwed up link.
I work at large printing co. and although I'm in PreMedia I hear some stuff about shipping. My guess is that WOOT sends skids of stuff out Fedex and it goes to certain locations across country to USPS hubs and there they bust up the skids and send Postal.
This might account for us being told Fedex, but they show up US Postal.
Keeps shipping costs down, but confuses us.

Just a guess.

The http://spportal.fedex.com/sp/tracking.htm?CID=10290&PID= link also seems to work for your tracking number, which also an estimated delivery of 4/26. Looks to be in Columbia, PA at the moment.

chris822

I just recieved my third email from service @woot and once again none of the tracking numbers work.......WTH..........am I ever going to get this watch!!!!!!!!Never had a problem before, but I will think long and hard before another purchase........
My god it has been long enough time for me to make my own dang watch..........

Gatzby

chris822 wrote:I just recieved my third email from service @woot and once again none of the tracking numbers work.......WTH..........am I ever going to get this watch!!!!!!!!Never had a problem before, but I will think long and hard before another purchase........
My god it has been long enough time for me to make my own dang watch..........

The http://spportal.fedex.com/sp/tracking.htm?CID=10290&PID= link with the tracking number ending in 1275 seem to work. I see it currently having left Charlotte, NC with an estimated delivery date of April 26th.

jenders

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenders

Thanks Staff, I see it now. But I'm guessing that the link wasn't going to go anywhere until the package actually got transferred to USPS system.

Now patiently waiting 4/26.

Will I have some of that proprietery WOOT packaging tape on the package?
Just kidding, no response needed!

TheNatureBoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNatureBoy

Dig this...the watch went from Texas to Wisconsin to St. Louis (Earth City) to Kansas City and back to St. Louis. If that's true, it's passed within 10 miles of me twice without being delivered.

Sortation Center Departure EARTH CITY, MO April 23, 2007 7:25 PM
Shipment Accepted; Destination Processing Center KANSAS CITY, KS April 21, 2007 7:28 PM
Sortation Center Arrival EARTH CITY, MO April 21, 2007 12:12 PM
Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI April 20, 2007 8:41 PM
Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI April 19, 2007 10:30 PM
Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX April 19, 2007 4:58 AM
Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX April 17, 2007 4:00 PM
Pickup HOUSTON, TX April 17, 2007 12:00 AM

cgravell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgravell
jacsonhole wrote:My watch is incredibly nine minutes slow?? It has had two days out of the box and sat on the window sill where I spent many hours looking for ET to pass in front of the moon. It has a perfect angle for the mysterious wavelengths from Colorado to reach its brain. It has the right day of the week and month, just nine minutes slow.

I am an engineer and fully capable of adding nine minutes to the display mentally to assure I am on time for my next rendezvous with destiny, but quite frankly would prefer the watch do this!

Any suggestions that are fit to print??

jacsonhole@optonline.net

I am having the exact same problem. Is anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix it? Please help.

JonathanL56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JonathanL56
dmills wrote:My watch was supposed to arrive today, but alas, it did not. :o(
It's been in OKC since last Thursday. S'pose I should just drive over and pick it up?
Hmmmmmm...????
I fear my FedX package may be on an uncharted island with Tom Hanks. Next time, Woot!, use Brown - more reliable.

I am in OKC as well and am having the same problem. where is my freaking watch?

sWootTooth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sWootTooth
cgravell wrote:

I am having the exact same problem. Is anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix it? Please help.

I'm in NY and my watch is 5 minutes slow, I think this is the "atomic time" after synching. So I set my time manually, but I don't volunteer this information to the people who inevitably ask me about my new huge watch. Technically, when I tell people it has atomic time, I'm not lying.
I'm going to stay up until 3:40am when the atomic signal is greatest and go on my roof to try to synch. I'll let you know how it goes...

mrclean417

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrclean417

Ahhh finally. I'm listening to my mp3 player on my Audio-Bug FM transmitter and looking at my atomic watch, which I surprisingly had to take a link out of because it was too big for my oven mit sized paw. Here and someone was making me worry that my daughter would be the only one who could wear it.

Worth the wait, to bad I'm just going to bang it up. But I guess that's just the way it goes.

jmosley708

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmosley708

I got my watch today. It is off two minutes, so I'll try reading the instructions and see if I can sync this up. It is a big watch and I had to adjust it for my smaller wrist. I like the 4 alarms, countdown timer and chrono.

dragon8907

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragon8907

Got my watch today, at least they estimate the date of delivery on time!

murdam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murdam

I was wondering to where my watch was???? Even USPS is faster than these guys!

clhug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug

Got my watch today, working fine so far. It took a while to get it to sync, but once it did it was 100% correct. If you're having trouble, use the instructions in the manual to specifically select the WWVB reception. Also, look for up to 3 "lines" to the right of the satellite icon. Those lines indicate signal strength. If you don't see any lines you aren't getting a good signal. The lines don't have to stay on all the time though. On mine it flashed between no line, 1 line, 2 lines, and 3 lines kind of intermittently but as long as you see some lines most of the time you should be okay.

I was also able to adjust the band myself. An unbent paperclip and a pair of pliers and a LOT of pressure and I was able to pop out the pins. Look on the back of the links and there are arrows. Push in the direction of the arrows.

Oh, it is a big watch, but not any bigger than the Casio Waveceptor atomic watch I had. But this one being all steel makes it heavier. (The Casio was chrome plated plastic and the chrome coating all wore off within a few months of me buying that watch, so I'm happy to have the all steel casing on this one.)

Atragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atragon

Hey Wootmasters,

My watch has not shown up yet, nor can I get the tracking number to work that was sent to me, and I went to page 9 of the forums and cannot get that tracker to work either. Can you guys pinpoint my poor lost little watch. I am asking you guys this because my roomie, who ordered the woot the day after I order my watch has all ready got his package and I am still unable to verify that my order even exists on the shipping/tracking level.

Thanks

Gatzby

Atragon wrote:Hey Wootmasters,

My watch has not shown up yet, nor can I get the tracking number to work that was sent to me, and I went to page 9 of the forums and cannot get that tracker to work either. Can you guys pinpoint my poor lost little watch. I am asking you guys this because my roomie, who ordered the woot the day after I order my watch has all ready got his package and I am still unable to verify that my order even exists on the shipping/tracking level.

Thanks

The http://spportal.fedex.com/sp/tracking.htm?CID=10290&PID= link, using your tracking number after the PID=, seems to work for me. I see it as having a delivery date of today, and it's currently in Jonesboro.

In case there's some confusion with the tracking link, you paste your tracking number directly after PID= part, so it looks like:
http://spportal.fedex.com/sp/tracking.htm?CID=10290&PID=YourTrackingNumberHere

mikeubl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeubl

To those of you having troubles checking your tracking, all of my tracking emails from WOOT had the last 3 digits of the tracking number cut off from the link, and they were on the next line. If you cut and past TWICE into your browser, the first part of the link, then the last 3 digits, you will get a valid tracking statement from the carrier.

I did get mine, and it was fairly easy to resize. I had to remove 3 links, but if you use a small nail, light hammer, and something to allow the pins to come out, it worked fine.

However, this watch is a definite POS (piezoshidt). I know exactly how to operate and set it, but it will NOT latch onto the signal from Colorado, even in the early AM which is the best time. It has not updated yet, and I have even left it outside over night to do its update, and it didn't get a signal.

I think Woot got a deal on some defective watches on this one.

spyderfry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spyderfry

Check this craziness out:

April 24, 2007 4:32 PM Arrived Shipping Partner Facility SALT LAKE CITY, UT *
April 23, 2007 9:34 AM Picked Up by Shipping Partner NEW BERLIN, WI *
April 23, 2007 5:31 AM Sortation Center Arrival SALT LAKE CITY, UT
April 21, 2007 5:11 AM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI
April 19, 2007 10:30 PM Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI
April 19, 2007 4:58 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
April 17, 2007 4:00 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
April 17, 2007 12:00 AM Pickup HOUSTON, TX

WI, then SLC, then back to WI, now back to SLC again. This is a joke...

jimmywarren1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmywarren1

I haven't the slightest idea how to adjust the watch. My degree in Electrical Engineering and knowledge of the english language are of no help in interperting the manual. Is there any way I can get an adjustment procedure prepared by a native english speaker? It is probably going to the junk heap since I have already wasted more time than it is worth trying to set it.

It is also heavy and ugly.

tgmarus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgmarus
jimmywarren1 wrote:I haven't the slightest idea how to adjust the watch. My degree in Electrical Engineering and knowledge of the english language are of no help in interperting the manual. Is there any way I can get an adjustment procedure prepared by a native english speaker? It is probably going to the junk heap since I have already wasted more time than it is worth trying to set it.

check out

http://tf.nist.gov/stations/radioclocks.htm

current time

tgmarus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgmarus
mikeubl wrote:To those of you having troubles checking your tracking, all of my tracking emails from WOOT had the last 3 digits of the tracking number cut off from the link, and they were on the next line. If you cut and past TWICE into your browser, the first part of the link, then the last 3 digits, you will get a valid tracking statement from the carrier.

I did get mine, and it was fairly easy to resize. I had to remove 3 links, but if you use a small nail, light hammer, and something to allow the pins to come out, it worked fine.

My synched fine when I manually set the protocol to WWVB, Its been updating ever since, no problems and I’m in the north east.
Checkout http://tf.nist.gov

However, this watch is a definite POS (piezoshidt). I know exactly how to operate and set it, but it will NOT latch onto the signal from Colorado, even in the early AM which is the best time. It has not updated yet, and I have even left it outside over night to do its update, and it didn't get a signal.

I think Woot got a deal on some defective watches on this one.

tüxedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tüxedo
fedex/usps wrote: Status: Enroute
Est. in Home 04/30/2007
Date Time Description Location
April 25, 2007 6:14 PM Sortation Center Departure EARTH CITY, MO
April 25, 2007 2:57 PM Enroute ALLEN PARK, MI *
April 24, 2007 1:04 AM Sortation Center Arrival EARTH CITY, MO
April 23, 2007 9:16 PM Enroute MEMPHIS, TN *
April 23, 2007 12:39 PM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
April 21, 2007 12:17 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
April 21, 2007 12:14 PM Sortation Center Departure ATLANTA, GA
April 20, 2007 9:54 AM Sortation Center Arrival ATLANTA, GA
April 19, 2007 10:30 PM Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI
April 19, 2007 4:58 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
April 18, 2007 2:13 PM Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
April 17, 2007 4:00 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
April 17, 2007 12:00 AM Pickup HOUSTON, TX

What manner of giraffe-like shipping routes Houston, TEXAS, to Hot Springs, ARKANSAS, through Wisconsin, Georgia, Ohio, Michigan, and Missouri? This darned watch is going to see more of our country than I have. I will gladly buy the USPS a friggin map, if it will help. Or I can give them directions.

Woot purchased 4/12, shipped 4/17, delivery date changed 3 times from 22nd to 26th to 30th?

I may have to ask for a refund on this. If I was hearing good things about the watch, I'd be happy to wait, but now everyone reports it's crappy? And I'm waiting for 18 days? What is this, Soviet Russia?

[/rant]

evilg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilg

Woot? Did you lose my watch? I forgot to add my free shipping code....damn me!!!

BLKJAK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BLKJAK
tüxedo wrote:

What manner of giraffe-like shipping routes Houston, TEXAS, to Hot Springs, ARKANSAS, through Wisconsin, Georgia, Ohio, Michigan, and Missouri? This darned watch is going to see more of our country than I have. I will gladly buy the USPS a friggin map, if it will help. Or I can give them directions.

Woot purchased 4/12, shipped 4/17, delivery date changed 3 times from 22nd to 26th to 30th?

I may have to ask for a refund on this. If I was hearing good things about the watch, I'd be happy to wait, but now everyone reports it's crappy? And I'm waiting for 18 days? What is this, Soviet Russia?

[/rant]

I've had my watch since the 21st...no problems at all. You have to be able to read and comprehend the manual and you should be ready to rock. It's retro-geek ribs too!

BLKJAK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BLKJAK
jimmywarren1 wrote:I haven't the slightest idea how to adjust the watch. My degree in Electrical Engineering and knowledge of the english language are of no help in interperting the manual. Is there any way I can get an adjustment procedure prepared by a native english speaker? It is probably going to the junk heap since I have already wasted more time than it is worth trying to set it.

I'll pay the shipping for you to mail it to me. Maybe you need a Mechanical Engineering degree to learn how to push the buttons?

barewootin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barewootin

I received my watch yesterday. Sweet Jaysus, is this thing huge! Synch'ed up overnight, and the time is dead-on. Like some of the others on here, I managed to remove two of the links in the band by using a pushpin and a pair of needlenose pliers to remove the pins. I did use a pair of linesman pliers as a small hammer for the pushpin to knock the watchband pins out enough to grab w/ the pliers.

mauricerichard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mauricerichard

I dont think the problem with getting this watch to synch has anything to do with people not being able to read the manual or press buttons.
The manual forced synch is a pretty straight forward process but when you've gone through it a dozen times and your atomic watch is still 12 minutes slow you begin to doubt your own sanity. Like maybe I was crazy to think this thing should work.
I'm in DC and I cant seem to get a WWVB signal long enough to synch this thing. I was up at 4 this morning and I had no better luck then.

spyderfry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spyderfry
tüxedo wrote:

[/rant]

I feel your pain, brother. I'm in the same boat as you, 'cept my estimated delivery has been the 30th all along, so I haven't been let down as much as you. This watch better be as nerdy as it looks and everyone says it is, or I will be completely dissapointed.

SnakeFarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnakeFarm

Me and my big fat Abacus…
I went into the local Fossil hut to have a few yards taking out of my Atomic Abacus’s wristband and managed to really piss off the salesperson
Me(M): I just got this Fossil Abacus atomic watch on line and I need to get some links taken out. Probably about three.
Salesperson (S): Abakuh-what?
M: Abacus, like the Asian adding machine with the little beads, only this one is an atomic watch made by Fossil (Showing her the watch…)
S: Fossil does not make that watch.
M: Does so.
S Where did you get it?
M: www.woot.com … it’s an online sales place with really good deals on stuff…
S: Well it doesn’t say “Fossil” on it so there’s no way it’s made by Fossil
M: Way.
S: I’ll call and find out.
M: hokee dookiee then..
(At this point another girl comes out and just starts working on the watch with a special watchband tool)
S: (on phone) Yeah, ther’s a guy here says he has a Fossil Abacus watch and he needs it fixed. (Long pause) Ok, thanks..
(To me,) I just talked to our district manager and they don’t make any Abacus watches at Fossil.
(Other girl is putting watch on my arm and adjusting it.)
M: well maybe the DM is not aware of it.
S: No, it’s the District manager so I’m pretty sure he knows what he’s talking about.
M: With all due respect, no maa’m, not this time.
S: I’m not going to argue.
M: Good, cause you’d lose. Fossil makes Abacus, it’s just a simple fact. Now, what do I owe you for the repair?
S: Nothing, it’s free.
M: Ok, good. Thanks.
--sf

TheNatureBoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNatureBoy

I've received the watch and got it to sync, but I can't get it change time zones. Can anyone help. I followed the instruction manual:

1. Press & Hold B to start home city flashing
2. Press C or D to change city to your time zone
3. Press B when you are finished

For #1, the city never does 'flash'. For #2, I cycle through and choose "Chi" for Chicago. Then I press B. However, the 'normal' screen with the date and time shows Eastern time and the little letter in the lower right corner reads 'E'. When I press 'B' to cycle through different display options, I do get a "Chi" time that is correct, but not on the screen with the date/time.

My guess is that I am not getting to the right screen since the home city doesn't 'flash'. Any help would be appreciate.