andrelook

quality posts: 6 Private Messages andrelook
thesamurai wrote:Reminds me of:

this was a good watch. 30 data slots for numbers (or 50). I had two of them on my wrist. I connected them
together using lamp cord with the wire removed. It made the hinge to connect two and the band went on the outside
of the two strung together. Didn't look odd since it was under my long sleeve dress shirt. I had 60 numbers at
my wrist in 1985. Very very together I was. That with the TRS Model 100 with disk drive and Delphi data services
at $12 / HOUR. <= not a typo.

arkansasman5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arkansasman5
savatagefan wrote:

Hey, I'm wearing that watch right now!!!!

I'm Sorry.

Jabbster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jabbster

Butt Ugly POS

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004
xavioz wrote:not even stylish

WRONG... old school crappy watches like this are all the rage these days... i believe i saw leo wearing a very similar watch at the oscars... also, rob schneider is rumored to own 3,000 fossil atomic watches.... true story.

... no, but seriously... this style is kinda hot right now... my students (averaging 16 years old) are all wearing this crappy things... all of them

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

xeromem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xeromem

for $20, it is a good watch for work. The time will always be correct. Which, in my profession, (Police Officer) I need to always have the correct military time. I wouldn't wear it to be fashionable. If I was concerned about fashion, I wouldn't wear my polyester uniform@!

chowyo123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chowyo123

I had one of these until the batteries ran out. Stainless steel is nice .

For those tired of pressing Refresh or F5: Woottracking.com

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

This is a really good deal in that it's both a reputable brand and it has automatic time updating. I've researched atomic watch prices a couple of times over the past year and you won't find anything cheaper short of a crappier looking Timex on clearance..if you're lucky.

DrBaron

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DrBaron

wow rather dull and uglyy

gosailor4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gosailor4
jessiebyrd004 wrote:
WRONG... old school crappy watches like this are all the rage these days... i believe i saw leo wearing a very similar watch at the oscars... also, rob schneider is rumored to own 3,000 fossil atomic watches.... true story.

... no, but seriously... this style is kinda hot right now... my students (averaging 16 years old) are all wearing this crappy things... all of them

shudders...emo watch...

dammit! i just wooted all over myself.

mbs1960

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbs1960

YIKES! Another thing to remove when I pass thru Airport security!!!

Dwass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Dwass
andrelook wrote:

this was a good watch. 30 data slots for numbers (or 50). I had two of them on my wrist. I connected them
together using lamp cord with the wire removed. It made the hinge to connect two and the band went on the outside
of the two strung together. Didn't look odd since it was under my long sleeve dress shirt. I had 60 numbers at
my wrist in 1985. Very very together I was. That with the TRS Model 100 with disk drive and Delphi data services
at $12 / HOUR. <= not a typo.

How hard was it to do these?

LOve u

[size=18][color=red]Я царь woot в России![/color][/size]

tjferris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjferris

that will go nicely with my flux capacitor..............

Drunkcaballo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drunkcaballo

and the next woot will be mc hammer pants to match the watch

UTMBstudent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UTMBstudent

I will wear this watch next time I play my Atari ;)

lhsouthernles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lhsouthernles

this has to be the most ugly watch ive ever seen, no thanks woot, goodnight

jammerb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jammerb

My Timex Ironman Radio Control that I've had for years needed a new battery... I replaced the battery, but when I put it back together, the buttons stopped working. I got a pair of the silly UV watches a while back... they scream at me if I am in the sun for more than 10 seconds... but really like the accuracy of WWV watches - in for two!

Noxide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Noxide

No thanks.

I'll stick with my trusty Commodore LED watch.

Drunkcaballo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drunkcaballo
tjferris wrote:that will go nicely with my flux capacitor..............

may i borrow your flux capacitor? i have an econ test i want to retake.

xternal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xternal
tjferris wrote:that will go nicely with my flux capacitor..............

Found a great use for it, if you remove the battery cover on the back, it can be used to carry full week's supply of vitamins.....

tms10000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tms10000

This watch uses the transmission by NIST near Fort Collins, CO. And since the signal indicates the status of DST we can assume it is DST2K compliant. Or something.

http://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvb.htm

"The time code contains the year, day of year, hour, minute, second, and flags that indicate the status of Daylight Saving Time, leap years, and leap seconds."

---

I love everything about automatically synchronizing watches. However, I'm not sure about the design (to put it mildly)

Are you sure ou did not uncover a time capsule? Or maybe travelled back in time to buy a stock of those in 1970's dollars?

outwiththejive

quality posts: 2 Private Messages outwiththejive
mbs1960 wrote:YIKES! Another thing to remove when I pass thru Airport security!!!

No worries. When homeland security sees you wearing one of these they'll be laughing so hard they'll probably just wave you right on through the gate. People who wear these definitely don't pose much of a threat to our country's defense--although you might still be branded a public nuisance for owning one.

Out with the jive, in with the love

egarc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egarc

Is it water resistant?

thewait

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewait

Everybody should buy this watch! It's good, I totally vouch for it!! Ask anyone you want. They'll tell you, they'll tell you!

rixe66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rixe66

Its cute (like an english bull terrier)
Its also atomic!
and a sweet price to boot
- I hafta have it now...no wait a minute....synchronizing.....now!

ladynigelia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ladynigelia
pilfpolf wrote:woot is sexist tonight. does not appeal to the female wooters ! (and no i cant buy this as a gift for a dude.)

I completely agree! Why don't they ever have women's digital watches?

Buck Mulligan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Buck Mulligan

My cell phone doesn't have a clock. I'm in for one.

outwiththejive

quality posts: 2 Private Messages outwiththejive

<------------------------- Seriously considering becoming an official public nuisance and purchasing one of these bad boys.

Frankly, all my watches right now have dead batteries anyway. In fact, one of them is an actual Fossil brand watch and the battery didn't hold out very long. Probably has some kinda warranty. To woot or not to woot?

Out with the jive, in with the love

mbs1960

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbs1960
outwiththejive wrote:

No worries. When homeland security sees you wearing one of these they'll be laughing so hard they'll probably just wave you right on through the gate. People who wear these definitely don't pose much of a threat to our country's defense--although you might still be branded a public nuisance for owning one.

lol that's perhaps even an understatement heheheeeeee....

videocam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages videocam

In one word... UGLY!
In two words... UG LY!

1tab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1tab

this gift is a great underwear stuffer for thanksgiving celebrations on New Years. Merry Halloween everyone

WOOT DAMAGE $6,723.25

Dyermull

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dyermull

Ok, I know there's not an official category or contest, but I'm voting this the ugliest Woot of all time and i've suffered through monkeys, Leak Frogs and last Tuesday's headphones.

stangg172006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stangg172006

what an ugly watch!

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero

It receives time code on multiple bands, not just the one from Colorado. That means you actually can take it around the world on a long trip (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) and it should stay synced, unlike some other watches costing more. If you want this feature, this is a very cheap price for it.

irastus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irastus

Retro watches are in. The old LEDs from the 70s are now highly collectable. Atomic for under $20 is sweet.

stockblock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stockblock

"Atomic? so no batereys?"

i love how this question probably came up like 80 times already...

if you can't figure it out ladies and gentleman just think:

would an atomic powered watch really cost $15?

rixe66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rixe66
diman1956 wrote:we all carry cell phones, at this point a watch is a status symbol and this doesn't cut it!!!!!

Ha whos he kidding? Cellular telephones are way to heavy to carry around all the time! ...and even if one did carry one around, how does that tell you what time it is...unless you call the speaking clock every five minutes??

paulhtck

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulhtck
Drunkcaballo wrote:and the next woot will be mc hammer pants to match the watch

I can't touch that.

videocam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages videocam

I could maybe stand the ugliness if it played Zelda

but at least today's woot is not as ugly as this!

Freakin HUGE!

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero

Dear Woot: Please start listing the wristband sizes on your watches. Some of us have fat wrists. Thanks.

paulhtck

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulhtck
diman1956 wrote:we all carry cell phones, at this point a watch is a status symbol and this doesn't cut it!!!!!

Status symbol? Maybe the next woot will be a set of saucers so you can buy something shallow.