Bluedart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bluedart

Ahhh...another watch for those who never want to have sex again.

wadethrugore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wadethrugore

I wooted. Worst case senario is that it doesn't work and I'm out twenty something dollars. Not gonna put me in the poor house.

-21667054 7/20/2007 Diamond Tek X-Cessive Distance Golf Balls - 15-Pack 3
-21545176 6/30/2007 Logitech MX Revolution Rechargeable Laser Mouse
-21528931 6/25/2007 Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
-21464631 6/5/2007 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack
-21419174 5/30/2007 Whistler Radar & Laser Detector

akretz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akretz

I've been waiting for a really good woot to start my experience, instead I'll comment on this ugly watch as my beginning. Of course atomic watches are nice, this is not.

76 Bottles -- 3 tacky woot -- 2 seachimps -- CHEESE!!!!!

Avg Bottle = $16.59

adster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adster
eastsidejason wrote:Here are some other pics of the watch. Maybe not as ugly as depicted in the original pic?

No, it's as ugly. ;)

clhug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug
daerrynn wrote:This is marketing to a manufactured need. Most regular watches keep time very, very accurately already, even the $6 WalMart watches everyone keeps citing.

For most people I would agree. But I travel a lot and it's a heck of a lot easier to just change the time zone than have to change the actual time on the watch by an hour or two.

monkeygod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeygod
woot55115 wrote:wow what a beautiful watch! it will go great with my tinted eyeglasses, disco shirt, and "smokey and the bandit" edition trans am!

...don't forget the "screaming eagle" 6.6L hood with your hand hooked over the top of the steering wheel...

31 woots including: 10 shirt, 3 kids, 2 sellout
featuring 2 robots, 6 monkeys

chubsb1tch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chubsb1tch

that is one funky wootcast! forget the watch, can i buy rights to that song?

"when i get done with yas you kiddies will be wearin' gold plated diapers..."
"what does that even mean?"

"All the people at the zoo are gonna treat you real nice and respectable-like, Mr. Penguin"

xrobevansx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xrobevansx
chubsb1tch wrote:that is one funky wootcast! forget the watch, can i buy rights to that song?

"when i get done with yas you kiddies will be wearin' gold plated diapers..."
"what does that even mean?"

Don't question Bruce Dickinson

lozano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lozano

I sure hope the auto Daylight Savings Time takes into account changes by Congress!

gedaliab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gedaliab
thesamurai wrote:Reminds me of: sweet. Thanks for the laugh.

niter1dah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages niter1dah

Atomic watches are ribs but this thing looks like something you could get out of one of the grocery store toy bubbles near the doors. roflz.

Current damage total....

phunkyg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phunkyg

Good lord. That might be the ugliest watch Ive ever seen....

Thomwallwustl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thomwallwustl

Wooted.

This is such a baller watch! At any rate, I'm going to Germany this summer and my phone won't work, so I've gotta' tell the time somehow..! (And, you know, style it up a bit.)

reddoghunting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reddoghunting
eastsidejason wrote:Here are some other pics of the watch. Maybe not as ugly as depicted in the original pic? If that's a real pic of it on someone's wrist, it's big!
Radioshack >rooster crows, nasty woman tells you the time. That's class!

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley

I have an atomic watch - its made entirely of atoms.

NumbersGuy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NumbersGuy
dhoffman98 wrote:

Wrong! The atomic time signal in the US is synchronized to the Universal Coordinated Time. Any devices that use that as a reference for setting local time have to know what the date is and have to know what time zone you are in so that they can make the adjustment. A device that you set for Central time, but that uses the old start and end dates WILL BE WRONG.

Correct. I have an atomic clock that adjusts for normal DST, but for now an hour has to be added on EST. Other time zones could switch to the next one East until it it is right. Example, change CST to EST for now.

Given the size (1 5/8" x 1 5/8") it may look funky. The dial on my watch is 1-3/8" diameter, area 1.49"2, this puppy is 2.64"2, will definitely look massive.

PuntaCana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PuntaCana
diman1956 wrote:we all carry cell phones, at this point a watch is a status symbol and this doesn't cut it!!!!!

I do not carry or own a cell phone-I've always had a watch.
Why are you children so worried about what the watch looks like?
That you won't fit in with your peers,maybe you'll be DIFFERENT!!!
On topic-atomic watches are ribz.

Mescalero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mescalero
pilfpolf wrote:woot is sexist tonight. does not appeal to the female wooters ! (and no i cant buy this as a gift for a dude.)

Hey, what about all the roombas that Woot offers for the ladies?

psfwho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psfwho

I had one that looked like this back in 1976!

Tucker2930

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tucker2930

I stay with my " Relax"

GerryWhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GerryWhite
Mescalero wrote:

Hey, what about all the roombas that Woot offers for the ladies?

Oh, man... Here it comes! D'oh!

emc3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emc3

Excellent, I was in the market for a new watch anyways.

Plus I got an MP3 player for my son via the iRock side deal. And an MMP for myself, because I could.

dbcooper

quality posts: 16 Private Messages dbcooper
riddley wrote:I have an atomic watch - its made entirely of atoms.

LOL

"Two atoms bump into one another. The first one says: "Sorry, are you OK?" The second one says "No, I lost an electron!" The first one replies "Are you sure?" The second one says "Yes, I'm POSITIVE!"

Nuclear Physicist joke. We know who we are, huh?

db

<life>...insert something interesting here...</life>

netserf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netserf

For those with an atom-sized sex drive..

Notice the pasty complexion of the wearer, with just the lightest dusting of Nacho chip crumbs.

brikbats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brikbats
vristevski wrote:I guess my last post was inappropriate and got deleted.

This is a very ugly watch. Watches are a fashion accessory these days. If you paid me $20 I wouldn't wear this.

The good thing about it is if you're ever in a bind, you can call KITT to come get you out of it.

Actually, isn't KITT up for sale on eBay? I read something about it some days ago. Maybe you can do the package deal and get KITT to sync with this house arrest device.

dbcooper

quality posts: 16 Private Messages dbcooper

Hey, this is the sorta guy who buys these.

Is that one on his wrist? Hard to tell.

db

<life>...insert something interesting here...</life>

tewkewl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tewkewl

good lord, that's uglier than a duck bill on a models kisser!

what is this 1985? someone said it looks disco. must not have been around during the 80s... because these digi-watches were all the rage mid 80s, not the late 70s.

no wonder they are selling them so cheap. they found a stash from the safe where originals michael jackson's thriller album are kept and they needed to get rid of these things so they could make room for jackos oxygen chamber...

damn. woot woot, where have you gone? where are the days of the good woots? at least bring back a roomba =P...

joedipthong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joedipthong

Deja-Vu!
I've seen this watch before...

It was either hanging up by the register at the gas station or a prize in my Burger King value meal.

billquinn1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billquinn1
akretz wrote:I've been waiting for a really good woot to start my experience, instead I'll comment on this ugly watch as my beginning. Of course atomic watches are nice, this is not.

It is atomic
it is a good woot
it is not ugly (see "he's not fat he's just big boned.)
and mostly it is 24.99 to your door.

The perfect first woot I think.

qvtqht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages qvtqht
TehCaspia wrote:"Hourly chime" sounds like one of those annoying watches nerds have that beep every hour without any way of shutting them up...let me repeat -annoying-

I have something like an hourly chime set up on my cell phone (hand-entered repeating "appointments" that repeat every day) to remind me to stay focused (i.e. work instead of posting comments on Woot.) This watch will probably help me.

But the main reason I ordered it is because it looks like Woot went back in time to the 1980s and stole a shipment. Thank you so much, Woot!

gg11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gg11

THE MOB HAS SPOKEN! Making fun of current art....
This watch is a "classic." Remember the Art Deco of Miami Beach? It too was shunned. It all came back and is now appreciated.
BUY this watch. Put it away. Your grandchildren will sell it for $200,000.00 Just like the Rolex.

lsshulman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsshulman

I have atomic clocks throughout my house ..... so, why not a watch? It is worth a try for $20. The local stores around here charge about $30 or more for the same thing.

shrapnel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shrapnel
daerrynn wrote:This is marketing to a manufactured need. Most regular watches keep time very, very accurately already, even the $6 WalMart watches everyone keeps citing.

A manufactured need? When in the last 200 years has there not been a need for synchronized timekeeping? Railroad engineers used to adjust their pocketwatches at least daily, right?

For me, the point of an atomic watch isn't to keep regular time, it's to keep the *same* time as everyone else, right down to the second.

What's the drift on a modern quartz watch? If it synchronized once a week, that'd be plenty. A $6 Wal-Mart watch or a $500 designer watch may keep time equally well, but neither is useful if it's not set to the right time.

gobigred69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gobigred69

Hmmm. Well, I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I don't need a watch to be a scientific calculator. Have one, with buttons I can actually see. I don't need it to be a remote control for my tv/dvd/stereo. Have one of those too. I don't need it to control the lights - I have a flippy-floppy thingy on the wall that does that. I don't need it to start my car. If it would scoop snow and/or mow the lawn, now that would be nice, but that would be asking a bit much out of a $19 watch. No, I guess when I buy a watch, I kinda want it to tell me what time it is. Day of month and day of week is nice, too. Water resistant is also nice, in case I fall into the lake or something.

It looks like this watch would suit my purposes just fine. If you want jewelry, go to Mr T's web site, maybe he's selling off his gold chains. Get a life you guys.

placenamehere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages placenamehere
sntothemax wrote:The Fossil two year warranty means nothing. I had a lifetime fossil warranty that doesn't cover anything unless the gears inside that move the hand would break. So now I have 2 useless fossil watches that don't move or blink. I took it to 3 watch places and they all told me the same thing, we don't touch fossils.

I had a fossil watch, 6 or 7 years old now... hadn't worn in two and when i took it back out of the drawer it was left in i noticed the rubberish strap was torn ... sent it in for an out of warranty repair [$27] they replied they couldn't fix it but offered me a new watch of roughly equal value for the same repair cost.

pretty good service if you ask me.

grammiedaboss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grammiedaboss

Okay, I just bought one of these "ugly" watches for my 11 yo grandson. He skateboards and plays soccer, so if it's totaled I'm out only $25. And he can set it to my timezone so he knows when to call me! Sweet!

The end is near...drink big wine.

TommyPappas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TommyPappas

Does anybody know what a Week Number is used for? Julian day, I could grok. That would be very useful. But who cares what week it is?

klambeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klambeth
gobigred69 wrote:Hmmm. Well, I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I don't need a watch to be a scientific calculator. Have one, with buttons I can actually see. I don't need it to be a remote control for my tv/dvd/stereo. Have one of those too. I don't need it to control the lights - I have a flippy-floppy thingy on the wall that does that. I don't need it to start my car. If it would scoop snow and/or mow the lawn, now that would be nice, but that would be asking a bit much out of a $19 watch. No, I guess when I buy a watch, I kinda want it to tell me what time it is. Day of month and day of week is nice, too. Water resistant is also nice, in case I fall into the lake or something.

It looks like this watch would suit my purposes just fine. If you want jewelry, go to Mr T's web site, maybe he's selling off his gold chains. Get a life you guys.

deelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deelite
dbcooper wrote:

Hey, this is the sorta guy who buys these.

Is that one on his wrist? Hard to tell.

db

LOL!

Ugly or not it is almost....SOLD OUT!!

Is WOOT changing your words? CLICK BELOW to see what they mean:
http://www.bagsofcrap.com/glossary/

Budwzr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Budwzr

Does it have the "flex" band too? The one that catches your hairs?