kencannuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kencannuck
Shrewed wrote:Does it still calculate Daylight Savings Time correctly, now that the rules have changed? And what about my state, that doesn't follow DST?
And are there hidden beads, or is it a digital abacis?

You do realize that if it syncs daily to the atomic clock... as long as the atomic clock is updated with the rules, the watch is too.....

Logic folks!

First Woot - Atomic Sync Watch
Second Woot - Toshiba DVD-R/VHS
Third Woot - iRiver FM Transmitter 2-fer
Forth Woot -

garrettw87

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garrettw87

is woot going to ship yet??

spyderfry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spyderfry

I want my fugly watch already! Ship Woot, Ship!

dlzbub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlzbub

Every item I've ever wooted has been slow to ship. One was so slow that woot eventually gave me free shipping, and a $5.00 refund.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

We generally try to get Woots shipped without 2-3 business days after the sale. I believe today is the second business day. A few things can cause some delays in the process, such as woot-offs, bad weather, drop-shipping/shipping from suppliers, or using a PO box as your shipping address (this is because they have to go through a different, manual shipping process). Another potential "delay" is the time it takes to push the tracking information out via email or the website, which you can get around by trying to track by reference using your Woot order number.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

mblum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mblum
Gatzby wrote:We generally try to get Woots shipped without 2-3 business days after the sale. I believe today is the second business day. A few things can cause some delays in the process, such as woot-offs, bad weather, drop-shipping/shipping from suppliers, or using a PO box as your shipping address (this is because they have to go through a different, manual shipping process). Another potential "delay" is the time it takes to push the tracking information out via email or the website, which you can get around by trying to track by reference using your Woot order number.

Tried that but still nothing and this is at least day three

andyblahblah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andyblahblah

tick tock tick tock...

what's that???

it's me not having a watch yet.

oh...

jenders

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenders

O Where O Where has my little watch gone?

O Where O Where can it be....?

dananderica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dananderica

So, when does this thing ship?!

adinardi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adinardi

I really hope the 70's didn't take their watches back. I really want mine!

ndfan62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndfan62

Today is the 5th day!!!

vkhubani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vkhubani

has anyone seen this ship yet?

Gatzby

Tracking numbers should (hopefully) be going out today. They're in our system, but they haven't been pushed out yet. If you're the impatient type, service@woot.com can help.

Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.

TheDety

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheDety

Thanks for the update on the tracking!

2 W00T

mike49mr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mike49mr

I know it is about 5 days, If I had my watch I would know for sure. Is it Tuesday?Wednesday? Need my watch please.

gleffler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gleffler

Mine came today, but, uh, it's wrong.

It says right now it is 4:08 PM, when it is actually 5:15. The hour is due to DST, obviously, but even putting the watch into manual set mode and telling it to set for Central Time is not correcting it to the proper minute mark. Granted, WWVB says their signal is strongest at night, and who knows how long this thing has been a box, but right now, I'm ridiculously disappointed.

Oldpanzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oldpanzer
miquonranger03 wrote:I live near Three Mile Island, which should improve reception quite a bit.

Your new Atomic watch will probably work fine since your body glows in the dark...;)

ndfan62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndfan62

Just received an email w/tracking # that the watch was shipped.

doze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doze

Mine says it shipped today FEDEX Smartpost (USPS)

I used to get my woots the next day which kinda made up for paying sales tax. I suppose I should consider myself lucky if this one arrives by Sat.

AndiInOKC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndiInOKC

I got my tracking number today, but I can't track my order through FedEx. What gives?

djgarrison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djgarrison

WOW!! There's some really harsh feelings goin' on around here. We all shop WOOT for the incredible bargains. We normally get our stuff in just a few days. Then one item gets a little hung up and ev'rybody's screamin' for blood. I've paid full price at other sites for electronic goodies, and spent a hell of a lot longer sitting on the front porch waiting for the UPS truck. Patience Grasshopper. Your purchase will arrive in "time".

AndiInOKC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndiInOKC
djgarrison wrote:WOW!! There's some really harsh feelings goin' on around here. We all shop WOOT for the incredible bargains. We normally get our stuff in just a few days. Then one item gets a little hung up and ev'rybody's screamin' for blood. I've paid full price at other sites for electronic goodies, and spent a hell of a lot longer sitting on the front porch waiting for the UPS truck. Patience Grasshopper. Your purchase will arrive in "time".

No harsh feelings, I got an email with a tracking number and tried to track it. When I couldn't track it, I came here to check the status. My account here doesn't even show that it has shipped. Just a lil confused...

hometheaterlvr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hometheaterlvr

Just got mine today...before I even received the email saying it had been shipped! Of course, I live less than an hour from Woot. And my watch is wrong, too. When will it re-update?

bhs2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhs2

if someone gets a watch thats working please message me and let me know what day and date it is..

hometheaterlvr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hometheaterlvr

Mine is working, but I don't think it's correct, unless internet time is 7 mins. fast. As of my computer's time: 11:24pm 4/18, my watch, which I just received today, says: 11:16, 4/18. I've been trying for an hour to get this thing right. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow.

oRdchaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oRdchaos

I got mine and it was wrong as well.

You need to read the little manual and tell the watch to sync. Then leave it near a window facing towards some direction...maybe Colorado. It should sync up, then you'll have to set the time zone, and potentially set the Daylight savings time.

fiream29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fiream29

Got mine today as well. Those with small wrists may be upset and those with large wrists are going to be pleasantly surprised. It comes sized for a 9"+ wrist. Having one of those wrists it fit me perfectly right out of the box. This is a large and substantial watch. I wish the whole watch was satin finished but that can be cured.

As far as operation, yes you need to read and follow the instructions to operate it correctly. They are short, sweet, and simple so if you have basic reading comprehension skills it should pose no problem. The watch comes set to check ALL time signal sources so those in N. America might want to select WWVB only. When you change this setting it forces the watch to connect and update. Mine showed a full signal inside a building in S. Texas so it shouldn't be too hard for most to get a clean signal. Yes it's "off" a little right out of the box. A full metal enclosure tends to hamper reception of RF signals (duh!).
Mine took a minute or so to accept the time signal, beeped, and bingo, time reset. It's now deadnut on with two other sources of Atomic Clocks. If you don't know where to get a time signal, here is a link to an on-line Atomic Clock:
http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6/java

IF it keeps working, and granted that might be a big IF, it is a bargain for the price. Being a collector of Seiko, Citizen, Orient watches my big gripe with LCD watches is they are usually light, flimsy affairs with cheap cases and bands. This watch is NOT one of those. Nice buy Woot, Thanks.

KrisHamilton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KrisHamilton

I got my tracking number but when I click the link I get....

Sorry, no parcels matched your tracking numbers. Please verify the entered tracking numbers and customer id are correct.

Anyone else having this issue?

Gatzby

KrisHamilton wrote:I got my tracking number but when I click the link I get....

Sorry, no parcels matched your tracking numbers. Please verify the entered tracking numbers and customer id are correct.

If you're having trouble tracking by normal means, try the following:
http://spportal.fedex.com/sp/tracking.htm?CID=10290&PID=TrackingNumberHere

KrisHamilton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KrisHamilton
Gatzby wrote:

Thanks! That worked, my link had an inccorect CID# in it....mine has 10030 (not 10290).

Watch is still in TX....

laura4636

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laura4636

I don't really know how to work this website but I bought this watch and i don't think it has even shipped yet...

lrosenman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lrosenman
KrisHamilton wrote:I got my tracking number but when I click the link I get....

using the 10290 CID I get mine. Should be at the house today, as it's sitting in the Round Rock PO.

LER

8/30/2007 Ultrex 7-Piece Deep Fryer Taco Shell Set -- 4/17/2007 Delphi USB 2.0 Lighted Cable - 4-Pack -- 4/12/2007 Abacus Atomic Men's Stainless Steel Watch -- 3/23/2007 3xScreaming Monkey w/Green Woot Cape -- 2/06/2007 10-pk Kensington Keyboard -- 1/16/2007 3x2pk Kensington Optical Mouse
1/02/2007 2pk PCI Wireless card

vkhubani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vkhubani

I still don't have my tracking number!!!!!

gator60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gator60

ordered mine on the 12th. I think itsw the 19th I need my watch to be sure

Gatzby

If you don't have tracking information yet, first thing to do is check your spam filters/folders. If you don't see anything there, feel free to email service@woot.com and ask for your tracking number.

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321
Gatzby wrote:

Using the above link I was able to track my package. At least I think it's my package because that link doesn't show the destiation address or zipcode. Unfortunately my watch is taking the scenic route. So far it's been to Houston (April 16), Dallas (April 17), Martinsburg West Virginia (April 18). It shows that the "Est. In Home" date is April 24.
Not bad, only 12 days after I ordered it (sarcasm). Thanks woot!

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321

Apparently woot! is using a new service from FedEx called "Smart Post". It's a cheaper way for them to ship in bulk. It seems that the package will go to the local Post Office, and then the USPS will deliver it to your address. Why do I get the feeling that $5 shipping is no longer such a good deal?

You can use this link to track your package: http://spportal.fedex.com/sp/track

Use 10290 for the customer number along with the tracking number provided by woot!

tlpintpe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlpintpe
fiream29 wrote:Got mine today as well. Those with small wrists may be upset and those with large wrists are going to be pleasantly surprised. It comes sized for a 9"+ wrist. Having one of those wrists it fit me perfectly right out of the box. This is a large and substantial watch. I wish the whole watch was satin finished but that can be cured.

I received mine today...I am in the Austin area.

Is it possible to remove links from the band? I have changed the clasp as much as possible, but it is still far to big. Never thought I had small wrists!

shirizaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirizaki

Thank you woot.

Yeah, the tracking # was a little screwy, but it's happened more than once so it isn't a big deal. But we go to woot for deals on products, not shipping. For them to actually run on profit, they have to go with the cheapest shipping solution. I know when I go through DHL they have an "@ Home" option where they run it through to the main dist. center of your mail.

The only thing I hate is USPS tracking, because they are always 2 days behind. But that's because mail carriers don't have syncing signature pads on them. As long as I get something that works for a great price, it can take it's time to get here.

spyderfry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spyderfry

Mine isn't supposed to arrive until the 30th!!!??? What gives Woot!??? That's like 3 weeks, and some people are already getting theirs....grrrrr...I want my big, ugly, atomically-correct, sun dial, woot watch!