+ Add a Comment

Woody1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Woody1

Ok, I hope people will, between purchases of woot, stop by once in a while and look this forum over. I will try to give to every charity (no cruzer, your college beer monies fund is not a charity, LOL!) and do what I can to help.

If you have a charity you feel passionate about, please post a link to it and why people should care, donate, support, etc.

I think this community of wooters can make a difference to all people in need. (No cruzer, beer monies still don't count) Holmesdog, this is for you[Z]

SO POST AWAY Cool

Give the Gift of Site

Please donate any used pair of prescription glasses to help both children and adults that cannot afford clear vision, to see for the first time.

Not asking for money, just one pair (or as many as you can find laying around Cool ) to help people that cannot afford to see.

I will post pictures and stories from the Sonora, MX mission I will be on in September off site to show you what your contributions meant to the people in need.

Please send them to;

Luxottica Retail
Attn: Woody1
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, OH 45040

I appreciate woot for allowing this to post, and the person with the most pairs sent in by Sept 12th, (nudge factor coming, and send them all together please, so they can be counted) will get a package worth over $500 including a new Home Toshiba DVD Recorder and Dell 5.1 speaker set. This comes out of my pocket; this is just one of many, and I do mean many, charities I try to support.

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square

gimmaroon

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gimmaroon

Volunteer Moderator

Lol, NOW ya' start a charity thread...

Want crap? Got crap? Go swap crap:
WootSwap.com, since 2005.

BC4L, but my wootjuice is eggplant.

Woody1

gimmaroon wrote:
Lol, NOW ya' start a charity thread...

Hey, it's a start.....

holmesdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holmesdog

Gotta go find the heifer thing. Are we more passionate about things that hit close to home? Need to analyze that in relation to heifers!

gimmaroon

Volunteer Moderator

Woody1 wrote:

Hey, it's a start.....

Ya' gotta BIG

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

umm how about the charity for beer money for cru.....Big SmileCool

.......seriously though.... The Victory Junction gang camp is where I would start.
http://www.victoryjunction.org/vj/index/home

holmesdog

Heifer Project International

Our History

A Four-Footed Attack Against Hunger

A Midwestern farmer named Dan West was ladling out rations of milk to hungry children during the Spanish Civil War when it hit him.

“These children don’t need a cup, they need a cow.”

West, who was serving as a Church of the Brethren relief worker, was forced to decide who would receive the limited rations and who wouldn’t – literally, who would live and who would die. This kind of aid, he knew, would never be enough.

So West returned home to form Heifers for Relief, dedicated to ending hunger permanently by providing families with livestock and training so that they “could be spared the indignity of depending on others to feed their children.”

In 1944, the first shipment of 17 heifers left York, Pennsylvania, for Puerto Rico, going to families whose malnourished children had never even tasted milk.

Why heifers? These are young cows that haven’t yet given birth – making them perfect not only for supplying a continued source of milk, but also for supplying a continued source of support. That’s because each family receiving a heifer agrees to “pass on the gift” and donate the female offspring to another family, so that the gift of food is never-ending.

This simple idea of giving families a source of food rather than short-term relief caught on and has continued for almost 60 years. As a result, millions of families in 115 countries are experiencing better health, more income and the joy of helping others.

(The website is heifer.org., would one of you smarter than me people please put a link here?)

Woody1

cruzer wrote:
umm how about the charity for beer money for cru.....Big SmileCool

.......seriously though.... The Victory Junction gang camp is where I would start.
http://www.victoryjunction.org/vj/index/home

No on the beer money but I will keep my word, just donated $20 to this one. I like this one and forgot it was out there. Now don't think I can keep this up indefinitly, I already have 60+ charities I deal with. Also, this one will be doubled by my company

Victory Junction Gang Camp
4500 Adam's Way
Randleman, NC 27317
336-498-9055

August 23, 2005

Dear Woody:

Now that 2005 is well underway, the staff and campers alike are looking forward to a phenomenal summer! Everyone is proud of the hard work and successes of this past year. Your recent donation of $20.00, paid with your MasterCard, will ensure scores of new campers will experience the magic that takes place at Victory Junction.

With ten summer sessions in 2005, we’ll aim to serve more than 1000 campers. This will be double the number of children (and twice the fun) as our first summer. If you are interested in volunteering, we would love your help. Our summer calendar is now posted on our website for your use.

We are thankful for friends like you who clearly understand the mission of the Victory Junction Gang Camp. Victory Junction is a magical, memorable and medically-advanced facility that is changing the lives of children with chronic and life-threatening illnesses and their families. The feedback we receive from campers’ families lets us know these children are more independent and livelier after their time here. And they can’t wait to come back!

Because of you, we are celebrating victory at every turn. We are grateful for your continued support.

Please know that in order to ensure that our costs remain low, this email will serve as your acknowledgement and tax receipt. No goods or services were received in exchange for this gift. If you require further assistance, please contact our office.

Once again, thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Victory Junction Gang Camp

Woody1

holmesdog wrote:
Heifer Project International

Our History

A Four-Footed Attack Against Hunger

A Midwestern farmer named Dan West was ladling out rations of milk to hungry children during the Spanish Civil War when it hit him.

“These children don’t need a cup, they need a cow.”

West, who was serving as a Church of the Brethren relief worker, was forced to decide who would receive the limited rations and who wouldn’t – literally, who would live and who would die. This kind of aid, he knew, would never be enough.

So West returned home to form Heifers for Relief, dedicated to ending hunger permanently by providing families with livestock and training so that they “could be spared the indignity of depending on others to feed their children.”

In 1944, the first shipment of 17 heifers left York, Pennsylvania, for Puerto Rico, going to families whose malnourished children had never even tasted milk.

Why heifers? These are young cows that haven’t yet given birth – making them perfect not only for supplying a continued source of milk, but also for supplying a continued source of support. That’s because each family receiving a heifer agrees to “pass on the gift” and donate the female offspring to another family, so that the gift of food is never-ending.

This simple idea of giving families a source of food rather than short-term relief caught on and has continued for almost 60 years. As a result, millions of families in 115 countries are experiencing better health, more income and the joy of helping others.

(The website is www.heifer.org., would one of you smarter than me people please put a link here?)

Please visit Heifer Project International

holmesdog

Woody1 wrote:

Please visit Heifer Project International

Thanks, I'll learn that next.

obob

quality posts: 6 Private Messages obob

Woody1

obob wrote:

some people...

You know you b**ch when people try to care, then you b**ch about when people change to make your silly ego feel better, then you make fun of those trying to make a difference.

Do you actually think you are funny?

peteromans11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peteromans11
 Woody1 wrote:
Ok, I hope people will, between purchases of woot, stop by once in a while and look this forum over. I will try to give to every charity (no cruzer, your college beer monies fund is not a charity, LOL!) and do what I can to help.

If you have a charity you feel passionate about, please post a link to it and why people should care, donate, support, etc.

I think this community of wooters can make a difference to all people in need. (No cruzer, beer monies still don't count) Holmesdog, this is for you[Z]

SO POST AWAY Cool

Folks, I know Woody will do this as he already has for United Cerebral Palsy when I had mentioned it once.

Thanks Wood man!!

Snookered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snookered
 Woody1 wrote:

You know you b**ch when people try to care, then you b**ch about when people change to make your silly ego feel better, then you make fun of those trying to make a difference.

Do you actually think you are funny?

One of those people who everyone eventually hates. If you met him in person,
you would think, "My God, what a loser". You would kill your own mother
if she got in the way of you exiting his presence.
Sad, pathetic existance.

peteromans11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peteromans11
 Snookered wrote:

Sad, pathetic existance.

So true. Some people love being miserable. They look for pity parties and the like. They feel special when they are whining. What a miserable existance.

Binaural

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Binaural
 Snookered wrote:

Sad, pathetic existance.

I don't know if I would go that far. Actually, I know I wouldn't go that far.

P.S. Your spelling errors are catching. You and pete spelled existence with an "a" Wink

It's actually quite the common error.

Quick, someone check my spelling and grammar for me.

holmesdog

peteromans11 wrote:

So true. Some people love being miserable. They look for pity parties and the like. They feel special when they are whining. What a miserable existance.

Welcome Cavalry, it was tense for a while.

Snookered

Binaural wrote:

I don't know if I would go that far. Actually, I know I wouldn't go that far.

P.S. Your spelling errors are catching. You and pete spelled existence with an "a" Wink

It's actually quite the common error.

Yeah, well maybe you are right. Just a little fed up with the crap.

Existence. There, ya happy? ;)

Binaural

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Binaural
 Snookered wrote:

Yeah, well maybe you are right. Just a little fed up with the crap.

Existence. There, ya happy? ;)

If I were to try to correct all errors on this board, I would never leave. I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit. Big Smile

Quick, someone check my spelling and grammar for me.

Snookered

Binaural wrote:

If I were to try to correct all errors on this board, I would never leave. I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit. Big Smile

You did.

(my post was a two part post, by the way, with cheesy smily)

cerealkiller_001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerealkiller_001

I am doing a walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society next month (sept. 17th) I would be sooooooo greatful (sp?) of any wooters who could help out by donating even $1. I lost my dad to Leukemia on 8-5-03, I was 20, he was 47. He was diagnosed and admitted to the hospital immediately and died 1 week later. There are some facts on my doantion web page about the survival rates and other blood cancer things. Think about it people blood cancer is one of the worst kinds you get, there is no tumor to remove, it's your blood. All of the money goes to funding research and helping families that are struggling while battling blood cancers. I will absolutley not benefit from this in any way whatsoever, my family lost it's battle. I just want to try to help some others in the future so they don't have to go through what my family has experienced. Hell even if you don't donate but sign up to walk in your community's walk I'll be happy! The link to donate is: http://www.active.com/donations/fundraise_public.cfm?key=ltnRScott2

Thanks to any one who thinks about it!!!

Snookered

Check out the Woot! sponsor link today!

gimmaroon

Volunteer Moderator

Snookered wrote:
Check out the Woot! sponsor link today!

I love that site.. I've clicked for "animals" and "breast cancer", a lot!
(Ironic timing that the sponsor is a charity and woody got bounced for promoting his. )

holmesdog

gimmaroon wrote:

(Ironic timing that the sponsor is a charity and woody got bounced for promoting his. )

I'm going to choose to think it's an olive branch of love!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
 cerealkiller_001 wrote:
I am doing a walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society next month (sept. 17th) I would be sooooooo greatful (sp?) of any wooters who could help out by donating even $1. I lost my dad to Leukemia on 8-5-03, I was 20, he was 47. He was diagnosed and admitted to the hospital immediately and died 1 week later. There are some facts on my doantion web page about the survival rates and other blood cancer things. Think about it people blood cancer is one of the worst kinds you get, there is no tumor to remove, it's your blood. All of the money goes to funding research and helping families that are struggling while battling blood cancers. I will absolutley not benefit from this in any way whatsoever, my family lost it's battle. I just want to try to help some others in the future so they don't have to go through what my family has experienced. Hell even if you don't donate but sign up to walk in your community's walk I'll be happy! The link to donate is: http://www.active.com/donations/fundraise_public.cfm?key=ltnRScott2

Handed a check over yesterday. One of our best friends has it. So far he's doing well and we all keep praying.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

cerealkiller_001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerealkiller_001
 pooflady wrote:

Handed a check over yesterday. One of our best friends has it. So far he's doing well and we all keep praying.

Thanks for helping in the fight!!

Woody1

Thanks for the support!

I was being trained on an auto-refractor this am. They should have me run the computers in Mexico not the eyeglass machines. We have to take turns doing everything on the mission, so computers are good, but checking people's eyesight is like dooming the Mayans and Aztecs to a life in the dark ages again.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
 Woody1 wrote:
Thanks for the support!

I was being trained on an auto-refractor this am. They should have me run the computers in Mexico not the eyeglass machines. We have to take turns doing everything on the mission, so computers are good, but checking people's eyesight is like dooming the Mayans and Aztecs to a life in the dark ages again.

Welcome back, good luck on your trip.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Woody1

pooflady wrote:

Welcome back, good luck on your trip.

Thanks, I have three weeks until I leave (Sept 12th) and to take my Typhoid shots/pills, Hepatitis A, Malaria, etc. then I go and sweat off a hundred pounds. Looking forward to it.

holmesdog

Hi Woody!

Alien Research Group

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alien Research Group
 gimmaroon wrote:

Ironic, hypocritical... patato, (how did Dan Quale spell that word?)....

Sometimes charity begins and ends with PR and Beerdamage controlBeer.

The real irony is woot is getting benefit, in the very least, in goodwill, from having said link.

Click on it?

Woody1

holmesdog wrote:
Hi Woody!

How's it going? Did you get any sleep?

I'll try and keep the controversy to a minimum until at least Wed.

Oh, it is Wed. What shouldn't I do today? (JUST KIDDING EVERYONE!)

............running and hiding............

holmesdog

Woody1 wrote:

How's it going? Did you get any sleep?

I'll try and keep the controversy to a minimum until at least Wed.

Oh, it is Wed. What shouldn't I do today? (JUST KIDDING EVERYONE!)

............running and hiding............

I was up until 9:30 last night, the neighbors thought something was wrong my lights were on so late! Good to have you back.

Alien Research Group

Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), the number one genetic killer of children under the age of two.

Enough said.

FSMA

Except, "Please!"

and

Thank you.

Woody1

Alien Research Group wrote:
Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), the number one genetic killer of children under the age of two.

Enough said.

http://www.fsma.org/

Except, "Please!"

and

Thank you.

I have been donating to all that have posted here, but do to limitations of my Co. firewall, I cannot access all the confirmation emails. I don't want anyone to think I have chosen some over others. NO OFFENSE WOOT, but my wife has many watches, and even though I would buy this out of compulsion, I dedcided to make today the $20 to each charity day. Hey if it's up again, I'll buy one.

Thank you for your generosity!

Thank you for your tax-deductible contribution using the Network for Good Giving System. You may save or print this receipt for your records. It certifies that you have made this donation as a charitable contribution and you are not receiving any goods or services in return. This receipt may be useful to you when completing your tax return.

Your credit card will be billed as Network for Good instead of the names of the charities receiving the funds. All donations are final and may not be refunded. Your donation will be processed as follows:

Name: Woody

Method of Payment: Mastercard
Name on Credit Card: xxxxx
Credit Card Last 4 Digits: xxxx
Credit Card Expiration: xx/xxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Time: 7:52 PM EDT
Reference Number: 100058xxxx
Authorization: Accepted
Authorization Code: 049xxx

Nonprofit Organization: Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Address: PO Box 196 , Libertyville, IL 60048
Designated Project:
Dedication:
Amount: $20.00

The above information relating to you, the donor, is used only to complete your donation. If you made your contribution anonymously, the information will not be provided to the charity. Please visit Network for Good ( http://www.networkforgood.org/help/privacy_full.html ) for more information on privacy and security.

Your contribution is being made to Network for Good, a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, which will distribute your donation to the charity you have designated. If the charity you have selected cannot or does not accept donations, is not recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a public charity, or is not in good standing with federal and state regulators, Network for Good will contact you to redirect your donation. If you have questions about your donation, please contact our customer service representatives by e-mail at donations@networkforgood.org.

Thank you for visiting Network for Good! http://www.networkforgood.org.

holmesdog

Woody1 wrote:

I have been donating to all that have posted here. . .

Moooooo - baaaaaaa, that's thank you in two heifer languages.

Alien Research Group

cerealkiller_001 wrote:

cerealkiller_001, I lost my dad to Leukemia, after watching him battle it with such great dignity, strength, and valor.

Here's another way to contribute:
myplasticheart and tokyoplastic are working together to help fight Cancer! tokyoplastic will be raffling off an original 3 piece canvas (valued at $1500) from their show at the Fredericks Frasier Gallery in New York. All you need to do to enter is purchase a set of 3 limited edition postcards from myplasticheart and you'll be automatically entered into the raffle. All proceeds from the raffle will go to fighting Leukemia through The Firefly Ride of 2005 and Leuka 2000.

Buy Postcards, Win Canvasses, Cure Cancer

Alien Research Group

Woody1 wrote:

I have been donating to all that have posted here, but do to limitations of my Co. firewall, I cannot access all the confirmation emails. I don't want anyone to think I have chosen some over others. NO OFFENSE WOOT, but my wife has many watches, and even though I would buy this out of compulsion, I dedcided to make today the $20 to each charity day. Hey if it's up again, I'll buy one.

Thank you for your generosity!

Thank you for your tax-deductible contribution using the Network for Good Giving System. You may save or print this receipt for your records. It certifies that you have made this donation as a charitable contribution and you are not receiving any goods or services in return. This receipt may be useful to you when completing your tax return.

Your credit card will be billed as Network for Good instead of the names of the charities receiving the funds. All donations are final and may not be refunded. Your donation will be processed as follows:

Name: Woody

Method of Payment: Mastercard
Name on Credit Card: xxxxx
Credit Card Last 4 Digits: xxxx
Credit Card Expiration: xx/xxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Time: 7:52 PM EDT
Reference Number: 100058xxxx
Authorization: Accepted
Authorization Code: 049xxx

Nonprofit Organization: Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Address: PO Box 196 , Libertyville, IL 60048
Designated Project:
Dedication:
Amount: $20.00

The above information relating to you, the donor, is used only to complete your donation. If you made your contribution anonymously, the information will not be provided to the charity. Please visit Network for Good ( http://www.networkforgood.org/help/privacy_full.html ) for more information on privacy and security.

Your contribution is being made to Network for Good, a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, which will distribute your donation to the charity you have designated. If the charity you have selected cannot or does not accept donations, is not recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a public charity, or is not in good standing with federal and state regulators, Network for Good will contact you to redirect your donation. If you have questions about your donation, please contact our customer service representatives by e-mail at donations@networkforgood.org.

Thank you for visiting Network for Good! http://www.networkforgood.org.

Woody you are awesome!
It is so painful to watch my beautiful nephew struggle with this horrid disease.
I am going to follow your lead:
Today is as great a day as any to give at least $20 more to some great charities!
FSMA

Thank you!

Alien Research Group

cerealkiller_001 wrote:

Hey, cerealkiller_001, how's that for getting your %-ages up! ;)

2005-08-24 18:32:26.7 Order# 11858849-082405183223
Donor Information
Name: Cosmic Release Inc.
Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
E-mail: XXXXXXXXX@msn.com
Address: XXXXX IXXXXXXs Rd
XXXXX XXXXXX, CA XXXXX USA
Active.com Newsletter? No
Subscribe to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society newsletter? Yes
Donation Information
Organization: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Washington/Alaska
Campaign: Washington/Alaska Chapter
Fundraiser: Rachael Scott
Federal Tax ID: 13-5644916
Amount: $100.00
Total: $100.00
Payment Information
Credit card: Visa
Name on card: Cosmic Release Inc.
Card number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
Expiration: 02/06
Charge Amount: $100.00

holmesdog

Well Woody, the ball is rolling, good job. Goodnight all.