another bump

and another

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

gimmaroon wrote:

Please be a part of the cure.

Here we go...what a cutiepie.

Took forever to find the picture that could be bumped!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov

bump

pblgov

bump

AlienResearchGrpHome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

Hi –

I am logged on as ARGH but I am his sister and mother of the beautiful boy that appears many times on this site. What you did not know, as he intended it that way, is that my brother had Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) as well. He adored his niece and nephews and it broke his heart to know that Lucien would face many of the same challenges as he had. We lost my incredible brother on June 10th to complications of SMA and we miss him terribly. The woot fun, the crazy contests, and especially the community was a big part of his life for quite some time. It is so touching to peek on here periodically and see you unknowingly honoring him the way you have by keeping the SMA charity thread alive. Thank you and blessings to you all.

Christie
kadence3600@sbcglobal.net

PS I would post an updated picture but I am not near as savvy as my brother and do not know how. If you are want to, e-mail me and I will send one to be posted.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

OMG, NO! ARGH passed away?

pblgov

our condolences

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:Hi –

I am logged on as ARGH but I am his sister and mother of the beautiful boy that appears many times on this site. What you did not know, as he intended it that way, is that my brother had Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) as well. He adored his niece and nephews and it broke his heart to know that Lucien would face many of the same challenges as he had. We lost my incredible brother on June 10th to complications of SMA and we miss him terribly. The woot fun, the crazy contests, and especially the community was a big part of his life for quite some time. It is so touching to peek on here periodically and see you unknowingly honoring him the way you have by keeping the SMA charity thread alive. Thank you and blessings to you all.

Christie

PS I would post an updated picture but I am not near as savvy as my brother and do not know how. If you are want to, e-mail me and I will send one to be posted.

Joy for the memories...
Sadness for the loss...

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I'm so sorry. He was so fun, and a joy to know even the little bit that I knew him.

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

I sent him a PM this past weekend trying to guilt him into making an appearance, as I'm sure others have done. What an extraordinary person.

killingtime

mwiseman wrote: What an extraordinary person.

Incredible person...smart, funny, caring...I feel fortunate to have met him.

I am sorry for your family's loss.

I am sorry for our loss.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

My favorite knucklehead. We've missed him so much. His wit and offbeat sense of humor. Thank you for letting us know.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

Christie: Thank you so much for sharing this sad, sad news. Many in the Woot community have missed ARGH's presence for these many months, and were concerned for him.

His tireless support of http://www.fsma.org/, as well as his many donations to others' charities is tribute to the size and quality of his heart. He provided a fine example to us all, and a legacy to follow.

Our heartfelt sympathies to you, your son, the rest of ARGH's family, and all those he touched during his life.

pute

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pute

I am very sad to hear this; my prayers are with his family. We were blessed to have him among us, sharing in and contributing greatly to our fun in this unique community. It looks like his last contest with us was Contest 75; 2; 3. Just as we pay our respects by one last visit, visit as I did with a smile on my face and a tear in my eye.

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew

What tremendously sad news...

I remember his quirky posts upon my joining the woot community. Funny guy. Never a dull comment.

He has been and will continue to be sorely missed.

Shaving.

z144man

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z144man

This is so sad. ARGH will always be remembered and missed.

killingtime

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Thank you Christie for letting us know. Your brother will always have a place in my heart
I guess this makes us a real community now, we have had babies born and good friends pass away.

He will be greatly missed by all of us here. I'm glad he made us part of his life. He was truly incredible.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:Thank you Christie for letting us know. Your brother will always have a place in my heart
I guess this makes us a real community now, we have had babies born and good friends pass away.

He will be greatly missed by all of us here. I'm glad he made us part of his life. He was truly incredible.

New photos from Christie:

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:Hi –

Christie

I'm very sorry and very sad to hear this news. Speaking both for myself personally and for the Woot staff, please accept our condolences for your terrible loss.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

I am so sorry to hear of ARGH's passing. We have missed his humor, and will continue to miss him. Our thoughts are with you and your family. I myself was a huge fan of the "Bring Back the Monkey" thread, and I think his participation inspired several of us to new levels of silliness. We will remember him fondly.

Jodi

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl

Christie, thank you for letting us know. Your brother was always fun to have around. He has been and will continue to be missed.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Ever time I hear this song I think of woot
so I'll post it for Alien and all my woot friends

Artist: Warren Zevon
Album: ReconsiderMe: The Love Songs
Title: Don't Let Us Get Sick

Don't let us get sick
Don't let us get old
Don't let us get stupid, all right?
Just make us be brave
And make us play nice
And let us be together tonight

The sky was on fire
When I walked to the mill
To take up the slack in the line
I thought of my friends
And the troubles they've had
To keep me from thinking of mine

Don't let us get sick
Don't let us get old
Just make us be brave
And make us play nice

The moon has a face
And it smiles on the lake
And causes the ripples in Time
I'm lucky to be here
With someone I like
Who maketh my spirit to shine

Don't let us get sick
Don't let us get old
Just make us be brave
And make us play nice

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio

Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I always enjoyed his posts. If I was ever scrolling through a page and saw his name go by, I would go back and read what he had to say. He just had some kind of draw to him.

pblgov

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:

From the SMA homepage:
"You can dedicate a donation to someone or something in specific, pay for a membership (entirely tax-deductible), or make a donation on behalf of another person. NFG and JG will pass along the dedication request with your donation. "

Donate in memory of ARGH

SMA MISSION

killingtime

intaglio wrote: He just had some kind of draw to him.

Very true. He had a fairly large harem (rivaled Cruzer's...I think he may have even stolen a few from Cruzer's harem.) So many noodly appendages and busy loading docks...

I'll remember his fondness for his charity work, philosophy, languages, animals, children, music, Pablo Neruda, cheese, monkeys, razzing on Toon, funky cars & motorcycles, Britney Spears, Sheryl Crow and large busted women. Any of the above which could be and often was combined with one another...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

Very true. He had a fairly large harem (rivaled Cruzer's...I think he may have even stolen a few from Cruzer's harem.) So many noodly appendages and busy loading docks...

I'll remember his fondness for his charity work, philosophy, languages, animals, children, music, Pablo Neruda, cheese, monkeys, razzing on Toon, funky cars & motorcycles, Britney Spears, Sheryl Crow and large busted women. Any of the above which could be and often was combined with one another...

LARGE busted women! Painfully large.

I was wondering what sort of brother he was. That must have been an interesting childhood!

KT, did you find the graffiti wall picture?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

dontwannaname wrote:
KT, did you find the graffiti wall picture?

It is in the 1st Misfits, but I can access it with IE6. Can you search for Land of the Misfits? It should be on page 1.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

It is in the 1st Misfits, but I can access it with IE6. Can you search for Land of the Misfits? It should be on page 1.

do you know the page on the threads it is? I know it is there because I read that thread last year.
I'll go see if I can find it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:

do you know the page on the threads it is? I know it is there because I read that thread last year.
I'll go see if I can find it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

I case any new people are wondering....we think that is ARGH. But, since he would never tell us, we aren't sure.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pblgov wrote:

From the SMA homepage:
"You can dedicate a donation to someone or something in specific, pay for a membership (entirely tax-deductible), or make a donation on behalf of another person. NFG and JG will pass along the dedication request with your donation. "

Donate in memory of ARGH

SMA MISSION

Just want to see how this bumps.

OK, I don't get the pictures.....Pblgov, any way for me to get the picture and the post for the bump.

Or KT, can you make a post for me to bump with the pictures and the link?
I always had to go way back in the thread to find a bumpable picture of the beautiful one.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pblgov

dontwantaname wrote:

Just want to see how this bumps.

does it meet or exceed your expectations?

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:

I case any new people are wondering....we think that is ARGH. But, since he would never tell us, we aren't sure.

I am 100% sure. It is.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
pblgov wrote:

Thanks for posting that, pb.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pblgov wrote:

No, I lost the pictures!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pblgov

dontwantaname wrote:

No, I lost the pictures!

that's cause I had the pictures in quotes
I'll post it again without the quotes

pblgov

From the SMA homepage:

Donate in memory of ARGH

SMA MISSION