Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

We have seen the future of the Woot-Off, and we're frightened. We suppose it's our own fault for asking you to Show us something that we'll sell in a Woot-Off five hundred years from now. Hold us now, protect us, as we glimpse at your unsettling visions of a nightmare tomorrow:

First prize - $100
plinth - When Roaches Rule

We hope a lot of cockroaches were harmed in the making of this picture. Click on it for a close-up of the screenshot.

Second prize - $50
majit - Salton Soylent Green Treat Maker

We tell ourselves we won't reward any more Soylent Green references, and then something like this comes along and makes a fool of us once again.

Third prize - $20
Josephus - Woot Water for Wooters

Although he seems a little down about the cataclysmic drought, Dave looks surprisingly comfortable in that keffiyeh.

Honorable Mention

Frankenroc - Holographic Screaming Monkey
Help me, Screaming Monkey. You're my only hope.

greensnake - iPod Femto
It just seems so bulky next to the iPod Zepto.

toby8915 - Sticks and Stones
The cutting edge of 26th-century weaponry.

mwiseman - Hot Watch-on-Watch Action
Make the androgynous future-creature stop staring at us. Click to embiggen.

guiseppi - The Trouble With Nanoprobes
Apparently, the people of the future have forgotten how to design web sites. Click it and it will grow.

faithcoaching - Sol-III's Dairyland
Oh, yeah, we're so sure people will still be saying "thank you" in 500 years.

twallis - Mars Needs Support
It can't be easy to find modelling work when you're hosting a telepathic mutant alien.

Champions' Championship Champion
toby8915 - You Must Be Cloaking

eBay has one for $1391.99! pWn3d!

Win the Monkey Prize once, shame on you. Win it twice, shame on us. Win it three times, shame on the American psychiatric industry. We're cutting you off after this one, hipbabybob. We're sure you possess the "talent" to win many more of these, but it wouldn't be fair to those who don't possess your natural gifts. Click for a larger version, if you must.

Luckily for us, we'll be long dead by the time these worst-case scenarios come to pass. While we're waiting for the sweet release of death, money winners, please email your Paypal info to jtoon@woot.com. Monkey Prize winner, send your mailing address to the same. Honorable Mentioneers may use coupon code HONMEN-FS for free shipping on a future order. Until next time, don't look ahead. The future might be gaining on you.

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
Jason Toon wrote:Winnarz

Nice picks! Congrats, winners. Thought twallis' control top was a shoo-in.

Side note, almost none of the "click for bigger" links work correctly. Almost all point to "http://admin.woot.com/BlogEntry.aspx"..

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Plinth! There goes your streak. Nice work.

At least there'll be no bi---in' and moanin' that I win too much this week.

christoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christoc

Congrats to the winners! I'm shocked I didn't win though! Come on woot!

heather8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heather8

Great entries this week! It was fun to see how people envision the future. I will pray that the winning entry is not what we have to look forward to! hehe Good Job Plinth!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

J.Toon wrote:It can't be easy to find modelling work when you're hosting a telepathic mutant alien.

That's 'modeling', with only one L. As a professional male model I know this. Just had to get you back for correcting my spelling of 'tommorrow' during the trophy contest.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

Congrats to the winners! plinth, looks like you may need to abandon your streak!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Wow! thanks woot!

and plinth, you might say that winning once could be a fluke, and all, but you've notched a pair now. think you might start a different kind of streak, now? ...wouldn't surprise me. congrats!

thagness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thagness

Congrats winners and Honmens!

My friends call me Thagomizer...Thanks Shan!

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit

Thx, woot, and congrats to those above. Thought I didn't have much of a chance because a lot of really good and funny
entries were posted this week. I expected other futuristic woot-sites to share top drawer with mwiseman's great mutant site.

And, perhaps the SG reference was 2 old, 2 often overused, much 2 often, but someone had to do it. The woot Salton
seemed, to me, to be suited for the parody.

Kudos to all!

majit

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
thagness wrote:Congrats winners and Honmens!

ditto

Signature censored by Woot

plinth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages plinth

Holy crap! I never thought Gregor would do better than an HM!

Thanks and good job everybody!

Looking forward to starting my streak again next week!

faithcoaching

quality posts: 1 Private Messages faithcoaching

What ever happened to that guy, tgentry? I mean, wow, did he ever disappear from the scene. Talk about your "flash in the pan" chopping careers.

And I really liked his work too.

Well, Plinth ... tgentry's shoes (non-rocketized) are a big fill, but you can do it!

Go gators! Go Hokies!

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov

congrats winners
jason - your links are dead

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Congrats winners! I hope I have time next week to come up with a good idea. . . mine this week was okay (with poor implimentation because of less than stellar sources and skills), but based on a tv show, not very origional.

Beware the V'owls screech!

guiseppi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guiseppi

Congrats to all the winners!

One of these days, I'll crack the top 3... I just feel it.

chris34941

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris34941

the guy with the holographic screaming monkey totally stole my idea, but used photoshop so it looked nicer.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1211847&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=30#post1213553

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Wow, nice to share the winner's thread with such great entries...and thanks for the kind words, fellow WOOTers.
Thanks, WOOT for the HONMEN-FS -- I'm saving it for a Sexact-500. Maybe a 2-for-Tuesday?

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128

Yikes, save for a few exceptions my picks were a death sentence this week. Congrats to the winners! Great stuff all around.

tgentry wrote:At least there'll be no bi---in' and moanin' that I win too much this week.

I'm still going to complain about you winning this week, just for old times sake. I'm thinking 70% b---in' and 30% moanin'.

hipbabybob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hipbabybob

Thanks for the monkey prize again

bassman998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bassman998

Congrats, Plinth! Looks like you're going to have to try harder to not make it next week. Or would that be not try as hard? Whatever. Congrats to the rest of the picks, too.

Pixel8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pixel8

Good job Plinth and other winners. I'm going steal your line Plinth and say MY STREAK CONTINUES... and continues... and continues. As websorcerer put it, "The creating and posting is fun. It's the implicit rejection that's a bitter pill."

If I can get someone to soil themselves I will able to sleep tonight.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Pixel8 wrote:Good job Plinth and other winners. I'm going steal your line Plinth and say MY STREAK CONTINUES... and continues... and continues. As websorcerer put it, "The creating and posting is fun. It's the implicit rejection that's a bitter pill."

Its only bitter when my husband gets picked, especially if I didn't like his idea. . . then I really know my sense of humor is not inline with the judges and I have a snowballs chance. . .

Beware the V'owls screech!

Zilla79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zilla79

Congrats to everyone!

--> Official Muse: Dodgeball #25

--=-=-=Penguin Assault Force=-=-=--

Frankenroc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frankenroc
guiseppi wrote:One of these days, I'll crack the top 3... I just feel it.

I get that feeling too, guiseppi! Haha. I really liked yours, and so did a non-wooter I showed it too.

Congrats to the winners and fellow HMs!

And the LORD said unto the chicken: "Go ye forth, and cross the road". And the chicken did go forth to cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.

Frankenroc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frankenroc
chris34941 wrote:the guy with the holographic screaming monkey totally stole my idea, but used photoshop so it looked nicer.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1211847&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=30#post1213553

Honestly, after I came up with the idea and made it, I checked the boards and found your entry on the first freakin' page, haha. But I figured rather than let that work go to waste, I'd post it anyway. It happens. Let's face it, 'twas an obvious choice if you think about it: holograms... future... screaming monkeys... I'm surprised there weren't more of them.

And the LORD said unto the chicken: "Go ye forth, and cross the road". And the chicken did go forth to cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.

rrmiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rrmiller

Uh oh! Broken "embiggen picture" links!

Help, I want bigger pictures! :-)

greensnake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greensnake

Wow an honorable mention? I'm honored. Congratulations to the other picks, and I applaud anyone that entered.

Also, a thanks to the few that gave a compliment.

Hmm... trying to use the code for tonight's woot, but it keeps saying "That's not a valid coupon code"

wadewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wadewoot

Good work fellow wooters... They all look awesome.. It is a real graphic inspiration seeing all the creativeness that comes from where else.. WOOT!!!!!

wtwilson3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wtwilson3
rrmiller wrote:
Help, I want bigger pictures! :-)

Want bigger pix too. :-( All links 404.

Bill W.Wooted 13 times since 5/18/06!!

daverocks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daverocks

Congrats winners! I wanted the Kuato Control Top to place higher, but maybe that's because I love Total Recall.

IFERFRIEND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IFERFRIEND

WHAT DOES A Blinged-Out Cabbage LOOK LIKE IN 500 YEARS???, I GUESS SINCE WE DIDN'T GET ANY IN THE LAST WOOT-OFF, THEY'RE DONE FOREVER?????????? SAY IT AIN'T SO, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TommyH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TommyH

Aww, I submitted three and not a single one won... to think of all the hw I could have been doing....

DANCING MONKEY!

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew

Plinth! You won!

Good work all around.

Soylent green is people.

Shaving.

BMKMedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BMKMedia
wadewoot wrote:Good work fellow wooters... They all look awesome.. It is a real graphic inspiration seeing all the creativeness that comes from where else.. WOOT!!!!!

blah.

BMKMedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BMKMedia
wtwilson3 wrote:

Want bigger pix too. :-( All links 404.

No. All links 403.6.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Way to go, Wooters!

bluebledthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluebledthesea
daverocks wrote:Congrats winners! I wanted the Kuato Control Top to place higher, but maybe that's because I love Total Recall.

"Howdy, stranger! If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and YOU'VE got a wet towel wrapped around your head!"

wonderstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderstew

Heh.

Thanks for that Joe.

I get to surprise Melissa this morning at 10. (She has no idea... yay!)

Shaving.

heather8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heather8
Josephus wrote:Way to go, Wooters!

Wtg wonderjoel! ;)