mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
pooflady wrote:Mmmmmm.

I take it you never horked it all over your earth shoes at a Kansas concert.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista

Job Application Exams with long answer questions that they could just get the answer to by calling a reference and reading your resume, but no, you have to write a 1000 word essay for each one, over and over.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria

Iife

mwiseman

Kilagria wrote:Iife

Teenage angst, huh?

May I suggest some sloe gin?

Kilagria

mwiseman wrote:Teenage angst, huh?

haha I forgot my old and new school are rivals so everyone hates me.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Don't listen to him! It'll make you sick!

...here, have some Rumplemintz instead.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Kilagria wrote:haha I forgot my old and new school are rivals so everyone hates me.

it could be worse. you be a graduate of the University of Virginia...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

or a nice pina colada

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Kilagria wrote:haha I forgot my old and new school are rivals so everyone hates me.

Are school rivalries big issues in the US? I see all these teen movies and tv shows where there's all this drama over school rivalries, and there's trouble between different cliques - jocks, nerds, cheerleaders, whatever, but I've never seen it first hand. I've always wondered if they're just blowing things out of proportion in the entertainment industry, or if that kind of stuff is actually a big problem in the US.

I can think of "rivalries" my own schools had, but they've always just been light-hearted. When I get together with friends who went to other schools, sometimes we poke fun at each other. I've also never had a problem with cliques. I mean, I've never seen people from the football team chasing "nerds" around and throwing them in lockers. Maybe I'm just naive.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

no1

eHalcyon wrote:Are school rivalries big issues in the US? I see all these teen movies and tv shows where there's all this drama over school rivalries, and there's trouble between different cliques - jocks, nerds, cheerleaders, whatever, but I've never seen it first hand. I've always wondered if they're just blowing things out of proportion in the entertainment industry, or if that kind of stuff is actually a big problem in the US.

I can think of "rivalries" my own schools had, but they've always just been light-hearted. When I get together with friends who went to other schools, sometimes we poke fun at each other. I've also never had a problem with cliques. I mean, I've never seen people from the football team chasing "nerds" around and throwing them in lockers. Maybe I'm just naive.

hard to have cliques or any sort of rivalry when there's only 40 or so people spread out over all of canadia. canadianites are probably just happy when they see human beings other than family members.

Kilagria

eHalcyon wrote:Are school rivalries big issues in the US? I see all these teen movies and tv shows where there's all this drama over school rivalries, and there's trouble between different cliques - jocks, nerds, cheerleaders, whatever, but I've never seen it first hand. I've always wondered if they're just blowing things out of proportion in the entertainment industry, or if that kind of stuff is actually a big problem in the US.

Or how they make cheerleaders seem so nice and not biznitchy? Ha ha I really dont know why my old school and new school hate each other. At my old school it was a light hearted hate but in heber they dont know that. In heber everyone thinks that people in PC are stoners/snobs/rich people so I get treated like one (I only lived there for 2 years!)

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
no1 wrote:hard to have cliques or any sort of rivalry when there's only 40 or so people spread out over all of canadia. canadianites are probably just happy when they see human beings other than family members.

Actually, we 40-or-so people all live in the same community. That way, we can all huddle together and keep each other warm during the months of darkness during the winter.

Kilagria wrote:Or how they make cheerleaders seem so nice and not biznitchy? Ha ha I really dont know why my old school and new school hate each other. At my old school it was a light hearted hate but in heber they dont know that. In heber everyone thinks that people in PC are stoners/snobs/rich people so I get treated like one (I only lived there for 2 years!)

I thought they quite often made cheerleaders seem "biznitchy" when I've actually known many nice ones.

I wish you much luck, sir. High school can be tough.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Kilagria

eHalcyon wrote:I thought they quite often made cheerleaders seem "biznitchy" when I've actually known many nice ones.

I wish you much luck, sir. High school can be tough.

Yeah I know!!! I miss all my old friends, thank god for myspace!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Kilagria wrote:Yeah I know!!! I miss all my old friends, thank god for myspace!

Sophomore? Keep an open mind and a shut mouth, you'll find friends.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

Kilagria

pooflady wrote:Sophomore? Keep an open mind and a shut mouth, you'll find friends.

Poof, when I'm in class they talk about how much the hate PC right in my face!!!! If I do find friends it will be with druggies who dont care because their brains are to flipped up and I dont wanna be like em

pooflady

Kilagria wrote:Poof, when I'm in class they talk about how much the hate PC right in my face!!!! If I do find friends it will be with druggies who dont care because their brains are to flipped up and I dont wanna be like em

Don't know what to suggest. It's hard to believe your entire class is so prejudiced.

Kilagria

pooflady wrote:Don't know what to suggest. It's hard to believe your entire class is so prejudiced.

Yeah I mean they should at least get to know me first, fricken stereotypes!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

...that people don't understand the concept of double doors. You don't have to stand there and wait for someone to go through the door. There's an entire OTHER door right next to it. Use that one.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:Don't know what to suggest. It's hard to believe your entire class is so prejudiced.

Oh, they're all like that.

mwiseman

Mac users.

KtCallista

football (American) fans

mwiseman

haters

KtCallista

Sears customer support

no1

mwiseman wrote:haters

lovers

... unless they're willing to do a demo in front of me.

no1

KtCallista wrote:Sears customer support

sears has customer support?

KtCallista

no1 wrote:sears has customer support?

no, but at least they mostly spoke English as a native language.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Sears customer support

The heck with that. Have you ever been in a Verizon store? That is one of Dante's level of hell!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:lovers

... unless they're willing to do a demo in front of me.

Not getting enough lately, Mr 1?

tennbeekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennbeekeeper

Dead kitties on the side of the road.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:The heck with that. Have you ever been in a Verizon store? That is one of Dante's level of hell!

Don't use Verizon, but I have a friend dealing with them on battery issues. I'll warn her.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Toilets that flush by themselves at 2am.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Internet that comes and goes!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Internet that comes and goes!

Mine was doing that and figured out (after 2 years) that it was because the signal was split between the modem & a TV. Disconnected the TV and not a problem since. No TV in my office though.

pooflady

DA59 wrote:Toilets that flush by themselves at 2am.

I wish you'd tell us more about this. Does it happen often? Do you know why?

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Internet that comes and goes!

I've got the same problem with the mac, but only with the mac, even the wii is managing to stay connected now, more or less.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
dontwantaname wrote:The heck with that. Have you ever been in a Verizon store? That is one of Dante's level of hell!

Ughh. Mine has a little screen where my name is always the only one up there. I wait fifteen minutes while at least five employees mill about trying to look busy.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

I hate the old tires on my car

One went flat on Friday, and another on Monday. So now I'm broke from buying new ones and I lost a full afternoon waiting around in the tire store because their inventory screwed up.

lustinter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lustinter

Ties that don't automatically knot around my neck.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

American Idol.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

mwiseman

Schrobblehead wrote:American Idol.

Next stop...Guantanamo Bay.