quality posts: 0 Private Messages AoAMIDNIGHTRUSH

Its pink.

25 woots and counting...

brian540

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brian540

My first woot :'). ....don't worry, it's for the girl friend

voldaoconnor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voldaoconnor
Dezden wrote:I wouldn't mind snagging this. But 512 MB?? How many songs does that fit, again?

about 80 songs

pinkiesdiva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkiesdiva

I have a similar cheap, 512K, generic MP3 player and it holds about 150 songs (4 hours or so.) But mine is far superior...it's not pink. I loaded my all time favorite hi-energy, work-out songs on there and have rarely had the urge to reload. When I do, it acts like any other drive that I can drag, drop, copy, paste to, etc. It came with a software disk that I promptly lost. Oops. Oh well-don't need it. One AAA battery gets me through the entire playlist about 4 times. LOVE it!

nomarsgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nomarsgirl

Good timing. The SanDisk one that I bought my daughter last fall is not working right anymore. She only gets audio in one ear. This will be a good replacement since it holds the same amount of stuff -- and it's pink. And I can keep the other one until she breaks hers.

nestofvipers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nestofvipers

In case my screen isn't depicting the color accurately, is there a more specific description of the color? Neon pink, not so good; powder pink, much better!

ironbirdandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironbirdandy

ironbirdandy succinctly posits, "Podcast?"

pinkiesdiva

freelance wrote:Nothing wrong with pink. If you are a manly man, just say that you are supporting the fight against breast cancer. On another note: rechargeable batteries are a wonderful invention and it is unlikely to listen for 8hrs straight.

This is a very good price even if it is 512. Good Woot!
3rd item... is is NEW not a used like a previous poster stated.

What a great idea! Slap a pink ribbon sticker on it and donate $10 to Susan G. Komen! Still a bargain!
Real men wear pink!

shraven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shraven

Customer: Day-yum. I was in like Flynn... then I noticed it was pink. Can't you guys list the color of your items because sometimes it's hard to tell and sometimes it matters. I'm in prison and this thing will get me a-raped faster than you can say "wma compatibility".

Customer Services: Pink is the new white. Ask Bubba for a reach-around.

shraven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shraven
TooOldForThis wrote:

And that's why the Walkman is dead. At least when you stuck in a tape, you only had to worry about moving though 12 to 15 songs to find the one you wanted.

Well, that and who makes tapes anymore? lol

PS, I have a supply of brand new cassette tapes if anybody is interested. I'll cut a deal well below retail!

pinkiesdiva

phr wrote:I don't have the impression these show the artist and title. A lot of the real cheapo players with displays just show the track number, which is better than nothing, and I think that may be what you get here.

These low-end mp3 things are a pretty good replacement for the old-fashioned cassette Walkman, which also didn't show artist and title. They're a lot smaller, they hold as many tunes as a fairly large stack of tapes, they're economical to run (get a pair of cheap rechargeable AAA's so you have one in the unit and one charged spare) and they don't chew up your tape if you use them jogging or something like that. But don't expect to put a huge cd collection into one, and they won't have fancy ipod-like navigation features.

Overall these seem like a fairly good deal if you want something entry-level. dealextreme.com has what looks like a 1gb version of the same player for $22.45 shipped, so the cost per player is a bit higher but you get 2x the memory and you're not required to buy two of them, so that might be an alternative. Remember also that Woot sold 512mb SD cards for something like $3 each just a few weeks ago.

If you downloaded it, don't you KNOW the artist and title? Hmmm.

lsepulvado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsepulvado

FM radio?

ironbirdandy

pinkiesdiva wrote:If you downloaded it, don't you KNOW the artist and title? Hmmm.

Coincidentally, I also know my drivers license number, all of my credit card numbers, and the serial numbers off of my hard drives. All by heart. Off the top of my head.

Seriously though. Even though I use them every day, sometimes people don't spend all their time memorizing crap.

Rhinemoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rhinemoon

I have a Sandisk Sansa that also takes 1 AAA battery and with rechargables its no hassle... It lasts a really LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the display .... it looks a lil small and I'm not sure it displays ID3 tags .... but with only 512 MB capacity ... I'm only gonna load a limited number of songs and so the functionality of the display does not pose a big problem.

I got mine. Pink is not going to stop me from making a sensible buy. *Kaching*

bevlowen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bevlowen

Finally something in PINK! I'm in.

BLowen

pinkiesdiva

ironbirdandy wrote:
Coincidentally, I also know my drivers license number, all of my credit card numbers, and the serial numbers off of my hard drives. All by heart. Off the top of my head.

Seriously though. Even though I use them every day, sometimes people don't spend all their time memorizing crap.

Well, when I hear the song come on, that tends to jog my memory. Ha-ha. Seriously, mine does show artist and title. Very similar design to this one.

I like the post suggesting saving different projects on different machines. I could load things for my accompanist and loan it to her! Another good idea.

Also, don't forget "Pinky" and the Brain.

paulhtck

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulhtck

I really don't understand why anyone would want one of these small players. Sure, I know it can be used for podcasts, and that if these podcasts are reencoded at 32kbps using the FREE Lame encoder and FREE front-ends such as Foobar2000 and RazorLame, a 512MB player can hold up to ELEVEN hours of quality audio. Yeah, I know they can also be powered by single-use (or rechargeable), readily-available AAA batteries and I know that the players are so cheap these days that if you lose one it can be replaced with out taking out a bank loan. But for a guy like me who thinks he can hear imperfections in a song just by looking at the sheet music, none of this stuff matters.

But the worst thing is that players like these are not iPods! You see, I'm basically an empty shell and, as such, possess a carefully-constructed persona instead of an actual personality. My image is all there is to me and if I can't adorn myself with stuff showing other people the c-o-o-l dude I'd be if I were a genuine person, where would that leave me, I ask you? Why, I'd just disappear into the crowd and become one of those losers with too much money in his wallet and too much sense...

paulhtck

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulhtck
Bendyhead wrote:

I just busted my woot cherry on these. It was a long time coming and I feel a little dirty now.I would have liked it more had the unit detonated.

My girls should love them.

I hope your girls like your choice of euphemism, too! Of course, maybe the "girls" to which you refer are the drugged, disease-ridden denizens of your pimp-mo-bile and not your daughters.

slipstix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slipstix
paulhtck wrote:I really don't understand why anyone would want one of these small players. Sure, I know it can be used for podcasts, and that if these podcasts are reencoded at 32kbps using the FREE Lame encoder and FREE front-ends such as Foobar2000 and RazorLame, a 512MB player can hold up to ELEVEN hours of quality audio. Yeah, I know they can also be powered by single-use (or rechargeable), readily-available AAA batteries and I know that the players are so cheap these days that if you lose one it can be replaced with out taking out a bank loan. But for a guy like me who thinks he can hear imperfections in a song just by looking at the sheet music, none of this stuff matters.

But the worst thing is that players like these are not iPods! You see, I'm basically an empty shell and, as such, possess a carefully-constructed persona instead of an actual personality. My image is all there is to me and if I can't adorn myself with stuff showing other people the c-o-o-l dude I'd be if I were a genuine person, where would that leave me, I ask you? Why, I'd just disappear into the crowd and become one of those losers with too much money in his wallet and too much sense...

All that's true, but their PINK

qhamilton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qhamilton

Is this the first time Woot has given a clue about tomorrow's possible item in a product description?

minidriver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minidriver

Reminds me of some of the instruction comments in the Monkey Island series (in this case, Escape from Monkey Island): "There's only one ship available for hire. Yes, it's pink. Get over it."

pkuehn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkuehn

PING - YUCK...I would buy one if it was not pink

Gary Bobby Feurgeson

MikeekiM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeekiM

Pink!!!

I don't mind one pink...too bad they didn't mix it with another color... These two would be great for my kids...my daughter would love the pink one... my son...not so much...

ironbirdandy

qhamilton wrote:Is this the first time Woot has given a clue about tomorrow's possible item in a product description?

Woot has previously "hinted" (read: strongly suggested using really obvious tactics) that a wootoff would follow in their newsletter. Maybe as sort of a gift to everybody who actually reads the newsletter when they send it out... heh.

ironbirdandy

Oh, three-inch CDs for drivers are t3h suck. I'm never going to even try sticking one of those things in my MacBook, which will surely eat the little bugger.

dattweedy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dattweedy

Does it come in any other color than pink?
Is it compatible with my Rose' I bought on wine.woot last week?
If I drink anough wine will everything be pink?

defibrillator

quality posts: 18 Private Messages defibrillator
WootDoggyDog wrote:I'm in for a pair. This is a perfect alternative for my nine year old daughter who is always complaing she needs a Nano. She loves pink for one thing (and what nine year old girl doesn't) and when (not if) she looses or breaks the first one, she'll have a spare. The two of them should keep her satisfied until I think she is ready for the more trendy and expensive iPod du jour.

Oh dear. Your nine-year-old daughter wants a Nano and you're going to get her this instead? I don't think you're putting yourself in the mindset of a nine-year-old girl. She SHOULD be happy, but she WON'T be. She'll be disappointed it isn't a Nano.

sandandh2o

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandandh2o

Will this work with Windows Vista?

TooOldForThis

quality posts: 18 Private Messages TooOldForThis
pinkiesdiva wrote:If you downloaded it, don't you KNOW the artist and title? Hmmm.

Of course. And if all I wanted was to listen to 100 songs (about 5 hours) of music in order, or selected at random, not having an ID3 tag would be no big deal. Sort of like radio in that respect, and just as useless if I'm in the mood for Achy Breaky Heart instead of Heartbreak Hotel. Quite a concept with these newfangled mp3 players -- you have random access to specific songs, and don't have to listen to all the stuff you're not in the mood for in the middle. I guess this thing does too, but somehow I don't think I'd feel the joy being able to pick track 89 instead of track 21.

But if it shows ID3 tags, as its big brother on eBay and as described for what may be the same machine on a manufacturer's web page, I'd have everything I want in a $15 mp3 player.

airegold

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airegold
candelabra wrote:

2) no one will steal pink

Exactly! I buy whatever I can for myself in pink because hubby and offspring will not touch them. My travel coffee mug is pink. My wallet is pink. My next cell phone will be pink (I'm looking at you, Strawberry Chocolate!) I've never bothered buying an mp3 player before, but I may buy these just because they're pink! Bwahahahaha!

geoireland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geoireland

Let's get real here for a moment, an MP3 player that holds 100+ mp3 songs for less than $13! I've got 2 pre-teens that don't know the difference between an iPod and a Lilly Pod, all they know is that they "Must Have" a portable music player or they're not in the "In Crowd". Count me in for a pair before the kids figure out what an iPod is!

farfignugin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farfignugin

Apple says specifically that the slot drives (on the MacBook) are not for mini-CDs...

foufymaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foufymaus

i already have an ipod... very dated mini er... meant ''retro" Mini, but im forever forgetting it when i steal...um...switch cars. This will make it easier to boost ...uh... borrow, my brothers cars without leaving evidence, nothing ticks off brothers more than switching their fm stations.

Well maybe ill leave one in each of their cars just to annoy them. dude, people will think they have a pink mp3 player.....bhwhahahahahaHAHAHAHA11!!!

ironbirdandy

farfignugin wrote:Apple says specifically that the slot drives (on the MacBook) are not for mini-CDs...

I hate to badmouth my own kin here, but Macintosh people aren't known for reading all the documentation, ya know? I'm a tri-platform guy, so I can see this kind of problem coming, but there are more than zero people who'd say, "What do you mean, the disc is too small to come back out?!"

msspurlock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages msspurlock

Has anyone mentioned that they're pink?
:-)

400+ Items

xenocarcinus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenocarcinus

so tommorrow Woot will have a wirell adapter ???

<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://imagecache.w00t.com?url=http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2fzcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dXenocarcinus%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>

msspurlock

Oh wait. I just realized I have one of these, but in gray. It came as one of those "subscribe to this, get that" deals. It's really not that bad. Harder to use than say, an iPod, and cheaply made, but it didn't break or anything. Sound quality is fair to good.
I just never used it because of the serial nature of the playlist, obviously, and because you can only get about 50 songs on it unless you really want to compress the hell out of your tracks. Gets old fast. 512 is just too small these days. I also had to jigger with the software a little to get it to transfer tracks properly. Once you've got it working, it really is drag and drop. Mine was branded Coby, but the form is identical. I just didn't recognize it upside down and with all that..that...Pepto-Bismol pinkishness.

400+ Items

msspurlock

murphicus wrote:Pink = Attention

Women want (need) attention.

Bright orange, yellow or lime green would not be in high demand either.

Actually, I'd take any of those over pink. Orange would be kind of ribs.

400+ Items

Jonas4321

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Jonas4321
ironbirdandy wrote:

I hate to badmouth my own kin here, but Macintosh people aren't known for reading all the documentation, ya know? I'm a tri-platform guy, so I can see this kind of problem coming, but there are more than zero people who'd say, "What do you mean, the disc is too small to come back out?!"

Hey, get off your horse... it's not like you Mac heads have the market cornered on not reading documentation. Hell, I know plenty of PC users that think that a "manual" is a Mexican guy that cuts their rich neighbor's lawn.
At least those of us that DO read the documentation can tune out the incessant whining of those idiots that can't get the little CD out from whence it should not have gone. If only stupidity was painful...

No Advertisement Here
That's why I haven't made thousands of posts...

CDubbs684

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CDubbs684
msspurlock wrote:Has anyone mentioned that they're pink?
:-)

Pink is a feature... Anti-theft.

If it won't matter when I'm 90, it's no big deal.