PeteyMac


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeteyMac
qingpang wrote:I still haven't received my roomba order on 7/23. I got a tracking number, but fedex says it's not picked up yet, and the shipper needs to call them to schedule the pickup. So... anyone can provide some help?


Have you contacted the woot customer service dept yet? They are usually very helpful?

brendaneryan1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendaneryan1

A word about Roombas and pet hair:

Our home has one cat, one constantly shedding 12lb rabbit, and most devastating of all to our monthly lint-roller bill - a siberian huskey. When our vaccuum was broken for a week, there were literally tumbleweeds of fur drifting across the open plains of our living room. So, I bought this Roomba.
What I've found over the past week is that the Roomba is EXCELLENT at defeating hair demons. The key is patience. That little guy's bin is so small that it literally fills up after traveling a total of about 15 feet. However, once I discovered that he needs his diaper changed every 90 seconds, I realized that (judging by the total amount of hair in the trash) he was actually more effective than the regular vaccuum that came before him.
My point is that for huge pet hair jobs, an ideal situation would be a serous cleaning session (about 5 runs with a Dyson), and then to run the Roomba at least once a day after that.
Additionally, one of the Roomba's weaknesses seems to be why it is so successful: Those wild brushes. After every third emptying, the brushes need to be relieved of the fur-ropes that form around them. However, it does seem like those brushes are grabbing the long hairs that a lot of vaccuums skip over, and I've never in three years cleaned the brushes on my old vaccuum. Just something to think about.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
qingpang wrote:I still haven't received my roomba order on 7/23. I got a tracking number, but fedex says it's not picked up yet, and the shipper needs to call them to schedule the pickup. So... anyone can provide some help?



Please get in touch with service@woot.com with your order number. They should be able to find a fix for you fairly promptly. Apologies for the issues with your order.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

tlspangler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlspangler

Mine arrived about 8 days after wooting. I've spent a week trying to get it to go. It ran once for about 15 minutes then the power light turned to a blinking red indicating a dead battery. Have tried charging it overnight 3 times but it now only runs about 3 inches after a overnight charge. I'm in the process of the 72 hour DEEP DISCHARGE procedure recommended by customer service......we will see if it does anything. I think I got a bad Roomba, or at least a bad battery.

How many other wooters are having a similar problem??

PS Since I spend every night tinkering with it and reading the support section of the iRobot website, my wife thinks I should chuck it in the trash! B ut I'm persisting with trying to get it fixed by iRobot. I'd really like to see it vacuuming away.

PPS: It collected a lot of hair and dust in the 15 minutes it ran, then it got stuck on a rug. It doesn't navigate over throw rugs well.....too bad as our house is full of them.

GuardianBob


quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
tlspangler wrote:Mine arrived about 8 days after wooting. I've spent a week trying to get it to go. It ran once for about 15 minutes then the power light turned to a blinking red indicating a dead battery. Have tried charging it overnight 3 times but it now only runs about 3 inches after a overnight charge. I'm in the process of the 72 hour DEEP DISCHARGE procedure recommended by customer service......we will see if it does anything. I think I got a bad Roomba, or at least a bad battery.

How many other wooters are having a similar problem??

PS Since I spend every night tinkering with it and reading the support section of the iRobot website, my wife thinks I should chuck it in the trash! B ut I'm persisting with trying to get it fixed by iRobot. I'd really like to see it vacuuming away.

PPS: It collected a lot of hair and dust in the 15 minutes it ran, then it got stuck on a rug. It doesn't navigate over throw rugs well.....too bad as our house is full of them.



Mine took a while to run past 50 minutes, (now it runs for 90, see my previous post here for details). According to iRobot support 2 hours is if you don't have a lot of furniture in the way and 90 minutes is the typical running time.

On the other hand, it has been a great thing for me. I try to run it each day and it forces me to pick stuff up (like clothes, etc.) I've seen the same behavior on rugs (which is a shame but understandable). ;) you know you can fix it with carpet tape, or if your rugs are on carpet, a few nails. ;)

PeteyMac


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeteyMac
GuardianBob wrote:Mine took a while to run past 50 minutes, (now it runs for 90, see my previous post here for details). According to iRobot support 2 hours is if you don't have a lot of furniture in the way and 90 minutes is the typical running time.

On the other hand, it has been a great thing for me. I try to run it each day and it forces me to pick stuff up (like clothes, etc.) I've seen the same behavior on rugs (which is a shame but understandable). ;) you know you can fix it with carpet tape, or if your rugs are on carpet, a few nails. ;)



The Rhoomba I purchased for my aunt is doing the same thing. it runs under one hour on the max and quits. I think that we are going to try what Irobot told you about taking out the battery and hitting the power button for 5 secs then putting the battery back in and connecting straight to the charger. Hope everyone is have'n a great night!

GuardianBob


quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
PeteyMac wrote:The Rhoomba I purchased for my aunt is doing the same thing. it runs under one hour on the max and quits. I think that we are going to try what Irobot told you about taking out the battery and hitting the power button for 5 secs then putting the battery back in and connecting straight to the charger. Hope everyone is have'n a great night!




I tied a ribbon to the roomba, and the cat suddenly got a new play toy. She doesn't fear it any more. (Though I do need a new digital camera.)

PeteyMac


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeteyMac
GuardianBob wrote:

I tied a ribbon to the roomba, and the cat suddenly got a new play toy. She doesn't fear it any more. (Though I do need a new digital camera.)



Awesome picture! I think that you have my same color carpet and tile and wall paint!!! You're not sneaking over here to Memphis TN whilest me and the missus are away now are ya?? Seriously, the cat looks like it is have'n a great time! : )

wheatstrong


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wheatstrong
minidriver wrote:I still can't get my two to hold a charge longer than 15 minutes. BTW, what was up with Spock getting killed at the end?



Ditto. Looks like at least some of these have bad batteries.

tlspangler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlspangler
GuardianBob wrote:Mine took a while to run past 50 minutes, (now it runs for 90, see my previous post here for details). According to iRobot support 2 hours is if you don't have a lot of furniture in the way and 90 minutes is the typical running time.

On the other hand, it has been a great thing for me. I try to run it each day and it forces me to pick stuff up (like clothes, etc.) I've seen the same behavior on rugs (which is a shame but understandable). ;) you know you can fix it with carpet tape, or if your rugs are on carpet, a few nails. ;)



After the first run, mine never ran more than 30 SECONDS before indicating the battery needed to be recharged! Not 90 minutes, not 60 minutes, not 10 minutes, but more typically 10 seconds! I tried it many times.

After following all the tips and procedures from iRobot customer service, the sent me a new battery. I just got the new battery today, it is charging. I am hopeful this one will work fine and I can work up to a 90 minute run time! (I should know in a few days, I'll try to remember to post my result........I'm hoping it is a battery problem and not a defective robot)

Cheers!

webinator1961


quality posts: 0 Private Messages webinator1961

Wassup?

Ok, 2 things.

1. I vacuum more often, or the roomba does ....
2. it goes under the bed!!!!! When I move out, guess what. It'll be clean under that bed. That is cool.

p.s. I wish it had a bigger bin. My friends love it. I love it. I talk to it, praise it etc. I miss my dog too.

tigergibb


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tigergibb

This was my first woot and definately a good one. I love my roomba. Now there's no more piles of dust under my bed. If I leave a pen on the floor or something, the roomba just pushes it around until I find it. The only downside is I have to take my alpaca rug off the floor so it doesn't try to eat it.

laurelgilmore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurelgilmore

Does that Really say that if the run time improves that you should repeat the cycle 3 more times? So, our newly aquired WOOT Roomba cleans for 15-20 minutes then sings the low battery song and stops in it's tracks. We followed the first few steps in your post (from the roomba help site) and the first 72 hour charge cycle will be done tonight.
So, tonight, I understand I should tell it to clean without the home base and let it run until it stops. My question is- then do I need to charge for 72 hours again, or 16? or 3?
It seems like the last step should say if the runtime does NOT improve, repeat earlier steps.

Any help???

Thanks!

~Laurel