dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:If you look at them, they have berets, some of them, and they're smoking unfiltered cigarettes- hence, they're french. They are about to send this potato through the french fry cutter, hence they are french fries. bad influences, see? bad nutrition.

OK, its not my best work. Can you figure out the sushi one?

No. Explain please

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:Yes, I get the sushi one, but I thought the potato was some sort of waffle, and that he was in front of a waffle iron, but that didn't make sense at all, as it would be all liquidy before it went into the iron, and the iron should be reversed like. Thanks for explaining it, I feel dumb now.

Gee, at least I had the general idea!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:No. Explain please

Its a plate of sushi- omakase- the chef picks out what you get- usually its the good stuff, the stuff he knows is freshest, what he would have for himself. In this case it turned out to be a slug, a bug, a toad, and a worm. bad luck.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Its a plate of sushi- omakase- the chef picks out what you get- usually its the good stuff, the stuff he knows is freshest, what he would have for himself. In this case it turned out to be a slug, a bug, a toad, and a worm. bad luck.

ewwwww.
pm joe

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:ewwwww.
pm joe

Thanks for putting your vote for mes here! I just got home, and this it is so nice to see what everyone has done without getting sidetracked (or discouraged, since I entered). I actually wondered how my shirt was doing while I was 100 miles from my computer - I don't know how Joe survived last week!

Thanks to the 4 of you that voted for me, while I was away! Its good to be loved!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Lacquerer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lacquerer
KtCallista wrote:Thanks for putting your vote for mes here! I just got home, and this it is so nice to see what everyone has done without getting sidetracked (or discouraged, since I entered). I actually wondered how my shirt was doing while I was 100 miles from my computer - I don't know how Joe survived last week!

Thanks to the 4 of you that voted for me, while I was away! Its good to be loved!

I barely did survive. Its been worse the last 3 nights, but finally tonight I won! just went on sale!

Josephus

Lacquerer wrote:I barely did survive. Its been worse the last 3 nights, but finally tonight I won! just went on sale!

doh! my brand new account-lacquerer' I bought 3 shirts just now, since I have to use my 'josephus' account to buy the designers' free shirts.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
Josephus wrote:doh! my brand new account-lacquerer' I bought 3 shirts just now, since I have to use my 'josephus' account to buy the designers' free shirts.

Joe congrats on the t! and the new sushi looks alot better.

KtC Glad you put in a design, ireally like it! gotta love those gogo girls! GMV

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Still single, can't imagine why.

Josephus

FenStar wrote:

Fen, its too high- can't be up there above the neck-line.
Also, your source needs to be public domain, or you need rights to it. Finally, if its traced into six colors- and it looks like it is, you need to be careful on the minimum object size- can't be so small that they can't print it. My shirt might not have gotten printed- they weren't sure they could because of the small bits of different color.
What they want is each color on a separate layer. I had thousands of different objects, in no particular order, so I never managed to get them on six layers. I don't know how they printed it. just an FYI, I think it is a way cool shirt.

FenStar

Josephus wrote:Fen, its too high- can't be up there above the neck-line.
Also, your source needs to be public domain, or you need rights to it. Finally, if its traced into six colors- and it looks like it is, you need to be careful on the minimum object size- can't be so small that they can't print it. My shirt might not have gotten printed- they weren't sure they could because of the small bits of different color.
What they want is each color on a separate layer. I had thousands of different objects, in no particular order, so I never managed to get them on six layers. I don't know how they printed it. just an FYI, I think it is a way cool shirt.

The photo is one I personally took. Each color is an oblect, and I should be able promote them to layers rather easily. Do you know what the min object size is?

FenStar

http://65.5.181.220/media/lizzardr.pdf

Retraced it with s higher smoothing on and moved each to a separate layer.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Thanks for putting your vote for mes here! I just got home, and this it is so nice to see what everyone has done without getting sidetracked (or discouraged, since I entered). I actually wondered how my shirt was doing while I was 100 miles from my computer - I don't know how Joe survived last week!

You're welcome.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:

Too bad it can't be that high. I really like it like that.

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl

Nice shirt, Fen. Are you going to hold it until it fits the theme? (Sorry, I didn't read back)

Josephus

FenStar wrote:The photo is one I personally took. Each color is an oblect, and I should be able promote them to layers rather easily. Do you know what the min object size is?

no. I wish I did. My impression is that it's the width that matters- has to be roughly the size of the screen. If they explained the screen specifications in the thread they posted about the system, we could probably estimate.

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:

I really like the shirt. I think it may be alright even if you move the skink down a bit. If woot can't do it, I would be interested in helping you get it printed somewhere!

For everyone voting for me thanks! I am 10 away from breaking my personal record (not threatening the lead in any way, but that is to be expected, I am still an amature.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:Too bad it can't be that high. I really like it like that.

Yeah, I thought it would neat if it looked like there was a lizard on your shoulder.

tall4agirl wrote:Nice shirt, Fen. Are you going to hold it until it fits the theme? (Sorry, I didn't read back)

Yeah, that is what I am planing, but Joe's moth (which in my opinion is better than my lizard) didn't get many votes, so I don't know that I would win.

Josephus wrote:no. I wish I did. My impression is that it's the width that matters- has to be roughly the size of the screen. If they explained the screen specifications in the thread they posted about the system, we could probably estimate.

Yeah, but they would have to know what they where doing first, snort!.

KtCallista wrote:I really like the shirt. I think it may be alright even if you move the skink down a bit. If woot can't do it, I would be interested in helping you get it printed somewhere!

Yeah, but I think it would look best screen printed, and I wonder how well digital will hold up to washing? If you know of a good place, I would be happy to give it a try.

FenStar

Lacquerer wrote:I barely did survive. Its been worse the last 3 nights, but finally tonight I won! just went on sale!

Well, even if some people said some negative things about your shirt, it sold out faster than a majority of the weekday shirts.

KtCallista

I am in the hotness!!!!! You guys rock! That's like two goals in a couple hours! This is addictive. I don't know how I am going to survive the party we are going to for a bit tonight. Just extending my thanks and love!

pooflady

I just voted for No1's shirt without knowing it was his.

pooflady

There's one with a giraffe that I had to look at closer because I thought it said "heal thy heights" and I couldn't figure it out.

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:There's one with a giraffe that I had to look at closer because I thought it said "heal thy heights" and I couldn't figure it out.

hehe! Misplaced space, perhaps?

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:I just voted for No1's shirt without knowing it was his.

I think that one is very clever. I'd wear it on Fridays.

Josephus

FenStar wrote:Yeah, I thought it would neat if it looked like there was a lizard on your shoulder.

You should email the shirt guy (shirt@woot.com) and ask him if it could go up that high. attach a copy of a jpg of the shirt. Its the kind of thing he would answer, I think. Who knows, he might buy it right then.

FenStar wrote:Yeah, that is what I am planing, but Joe's moth (which in my opinion is better than my lizard) didn't get many votes, so I don't know that I would win.

Its completely unpredictable, Fen. I think it has a lot to do with timing, and getting lucky. and staying in the fog.

FenStar

Josephus wrote:You should email the shirt guy (shirt@woot.com) and ask him if it could go up that high. attach a copy of a jpg of the shirt. Its the kind of thing he would answer, I think. Who knows, he might buy it right then.

I sent it to him with a note saying that I never designed a shirt before, but I just wanted to see what he thought. Didn't particularly ask for a response, but he didn't respond, so I think I'll just wait for a derby to enter it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Me too! Then I had to play switch the account .... which I have to admit, I'm getting much faster at.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

tall4agirl wrote:I think that one is very clever. I'd wear it on Fridays.

dontwantaname wrote:Me too! Then I had to play switch the account .... which I have to admit, I'm getting much faster at.

Thanks very much for the votes and kind comments, ladies. I'm all aglow inside.

pooflady

no1 wrote:Thanks very much for the votes and kind comments, ladies. I'm all aglow inside.

If you open your mouth wide, will it look like a flashlight?

no1

pooflady wrote:If you open your mouth wide, will it look like a flashlight?

Not until dark, Lady Poof.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Not until dark, Lady Poof.

Hummm, maybe we should all take our votes back and then vote again on Wed, so he can take little1 out without a flashlight on Halloween!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hummm, maybe we should all take our votes back and then vote again on Wed, so he can take little1 out without a flashlight on Halloween!

Don't you think she's just a tad young for trick-or-treating?

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Hummm, maybe we should all take our votes back and then vote again on Wed, so he can take little1 out without a flashlight on Halloween!

Ms. Name,
How young do kids start trick-or-treating (I almost typed just "tricking")? I don't remember when I started.

pooflady

If they have older siblings that the parents are taking out, they start at their very first Halloween. If no older siblings, it would be three or four. MHO

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Ms. Name,
How young do kids start trick-or-treating (I almost typed just "tricking")? I don't remember when I started.

3? For a first child...Well maybe 2 if kids are coming to your house and they get the idea something is happening.
You can't get away with anything after they go to school. I don't know if daycare would be the same.

You are safe this year!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

You don't have to do full fledge trick or treating until they have friends to go with. Up to then you just go to a few neighbors.

Poof is most likely right 3 or 4 for a first kid with no cousins or older kids around.
Then again 3 year olds get so excited by stuff like that!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:You don't have to do full fledge trick or treating until they have friends to go with. Up to then you just go to a few neighbors.

Poof is most likely right 3 or 4 for a first kid with no cousins or older kids around.
Then again 3 year olds get so excited by stuff like that!

The first year we took my daughter to friend's houses the week before Halloween because Orc's Mom got married right before Halloween and we were going to be in MN for that, she was 10 months. We did dress her up again on Halloween because we went to see Orc's Great-Grandma, who is in a nursing home. Last year, my daughter was having so much fun with dressing up we took her all over! We took her to the campus trick or treat, the mall the business Daddy works for is in (the dead mall - its mostly professional places and a movie theater), we also took her around our neighborhood to the point she was purple and couldn't feel her hands - she screamed all the way back to the house she was having so much fun! Ohh and she went to a friend's Halloween party.

We missed the campus deal this year. There is a community thing at one of the churches, both malls, downtown and the neighborhood. I want to do some trick-or-treating as a family (maybe the mall Orc works at. Also want to give out some goodies from home, not sure how much of the other stuff we will do.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Well I suck. I started out in these derbies in such a high place (3rd place in Derby #1) but since then my votes have been gradually decreasing. I just did the above one, I know it's Monday and it's late but I thought it was decent enough to get a few votes. Oh well...maybe it's the theme? yeah, that's it, it's the theme!

pooflady

shan24 wrote:

Well I suck. I started out in these derbies in such a high place (3rd place in Derby #1) but since then my votes have been gradually decreasing. I just did the above one, I know it's Monday and it's late but I thought it was decent enough to get a few votes. Oh well...maybe it's the theme? yeah, that's it, it's the theme!

Thanks for making it easy to vote. Looks good to me.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
pooflady wrote:Thanks for making it easy to vote. Looks good to me.

Thanks poof! To be honest I'm not fishing for votes, please don't vote unless you really do like it. I just can't get into the minds of the voters lately (or the mind of a good designer either!)