dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

shan24 wrote:Thanks poof! To be honest I'm not fishing for votes, please don't vote unless you really do like it. I just can't get into the minds of the voters lately (or the mind of a good designer either!)

Well, I really want your apple shirt.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
shan24 wrote:Thanks poof! To be honest I'm not fishing for votes, please don't vote unless you really do like it. I just can't get into the minds of the voters lately (or the mind of a good designer either!)

I don't know if I really want to get into the minds of the voters. . . . I voted for your shirt too. I really like the concept of using the Advisory label. Orc wanted to do something with an ingredients list and then list may have come in contact with, but he never could figure out how he wanted to do the ingredients and we have been so busy!

Thanks for posting over here for all of us to see!

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
shan24 wrote:I just can't get into the minds of the voters lately

Me neither, Ms. Shan. I'd really like some feedback from teh voters on what kind of stuff they like. Is a white shirt doomed? Do they want cutesy? Abstract? Geeky?

no1

KtCallista wrote:I don't know if I really want to get into the minds of the voters. . . .

Ms. C, I'd like to know why they'd want to wear a wordy BSOD.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:Ms. C, I'd like to know why they'd want to wear a wordy BSOD.

As much as I find humor in things like BSODs - I don't see myself wearing a shirt with one. I don't know, to me, its not a shirt. I wonder if sometime the voters (some of them) just go for what's funny to them and don't think about how it will actually look on a shirt walking around town.

Honestly, I am not sure I would even wear the last two shirts I made (even if they were professionally executed) I don't know why I designed them like that (or even like the image I had in my head). That is just the idea I had. My first shirt (9 votes) that one I am still debating cleaning up and printing.

no1

KtCallista wrote:As much as I find humor in things like BSODs - I don't see myself wearing a shirt with one. I don't know, to me, its not a shirt. I wonder if sometime the voters (some of them) just go for what's funny to them and don't think about how it will actually look on a shirt walking around town.

Ms. C, I think many who see that shirt will just assume it's the standard BSOD and not even bother reading it.

KtCallista wrote:Honestly, I am not sure I would even wear the last two shirts I made (even if they were professionally executed) I don't know why I designed them like that (or even like the image I had in my head). That is just the idea I had. My first shirt (9 votes) that one I am still debating cleaning up and printing.

You don't always have to design stuff you'd wear. Personally, I crank out entries just to get them out of my head so I can stop thinking about it. Anyway, I think I'm too out of touch with T-shirt fashions to get much more than around 100 votes, peak.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

There's a whole bunch (actually, the majority) that I wouldn't dream of buying, particularly throughout the week.

no1

pooflady wrote:There's a whole bunch (actually, the majority) that I wouldn't dream of buying, particularly throughout the week.

Lady Poof,
What kind of T-shirts do you buy?

pooflady

no1 wrote:Lady Poof,
What kind of T-shirts do you buy?

Very, very few. Not a T-shirt type person. Sometimes at geographic areas or events. Other than that, would have to be subtly funny.

no1

pooflady wrote:Very, very few. Not a T-shirt type person. Sometimes at geographic areas or events. Other than that, would have to be subtly funny.

Lady Poof,
So you like funny shirts more than artsy shirts?

pooflady

no1 wrote:Lady Poof,
So you like funny shirts more than artsy shirts?

I don't know much about art, but I know what I like. *tongue in cheek*

Yes, but not slapstick funny.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
dontwantaname wrote:Well, I really want your apple shirt.

Thank you!

no1

Last entered design of Derby #14.

Please vote for it while you can.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
no1 wrote:Last entered design of Derby #14.

Please vote for it while you can.

gmv

no1

darthv8r wrote:gmv

thx Lv8r

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie

Nice creative idea. I voted.

last post.

no1

peglegwookie wrote:Nice creative idea. I voted.

last post.

Thanks, Adm. W.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
no1 wrote:thx Lv8r

wlcm

KtCallista

Its a new weekend, Its a new Derby! I am going to be out of town this weekend, so if you want my vote, I better be able to find it when I come home!

Lets see some time travel extraordinare!

KtCallista

This here is my husband's shirt. I suggested the bloodstains and abandoned my shirt - no way to do it in 6 colors (different idea too)!

So vote for my hubby! He can post images when we get back Sunday night. At least I was a sweet wife and submitted it for him.

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42
KtCallista wrote:This here is my husband's shirt. I suggested the bloodstains and abandoned my shirt - no way to do it in 6 colors (different idea too)!

So vote for my hubby! He can post images when we get back Sunday night. At least I was a sweet wife and submitted it for him.

Yes, thank you!

Look a lunch break, how amazing!

Please vote for my shirt (if you like it that is)

Edit: Is a white shirt really doomed? Prove them wrong, Vote!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Orcrist42 wrote:Yes, thank you!

Look a lunch break, how amazing!

Please vote for my shirt (if you like it that is)

Edit: Is a white shirt really doomed? Prove them wrong, Vote!

Ok, voted. Are you guys going someplace good?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Ok, voted. Are you guys going someplace good?

We are going to a small town known for its Insane Asylum and dam (separate structures). The biggest thing is it's a retreat to focus on our marriage, something that seems to get neglected when we are so busy. There are 25 couples going, and we know many of them. How could it not be a good time?

no1

KtCallista wrote:We are going to a small town known for its Insane Asylum and dam (separate structures). The biggest thing is it's a retreat to focus on our marriage, something that seems to get neglected when we are so busy. There are 25 couples going, and we know many of them. How could it not be a good time?

Ms. C,
I hope both of you and your daughter have a good time, but I have to wonder what inspired Mr. Orc to think of the "Gladiators of Rome..."

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
KtCallista wrote:How could it not be a good time?

If the dam collapses and the crazy people escape, it wouldn't be much fun.

Still single, can't imagine why.

shan24

Here is my latest

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

OK, so I forgot about this thread and went back to no1s.

Josephus

I'm still asking for votes, though.

Josephus

The great hunter. lol.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

Here's mine:

shan24

Here is my latest...it started out saying "Visit Fallout Falls" until my husband saw it and it mutated into this. Thanks for considering my latest submission!

Josephus

I can't stop! Luckily, I was able to go into a couple of weeks ago and did a whole bunch of entries, then came back to submit them one at a time. I should have gone into the future and made the winner. dang!

stlwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

If I had more time, I'd deal with compression defects, but as it is, I posted one about rome and fiddling as well as a grassy knoll themed shirt.

What links and images. that's crazy talk!

stlwooter

OK, I think I really pissed off some serious wootshirters. I did not fully read the directions and posted my shirt design multiple times. Nothing changes the fact that it is not an early submission and is not well done, so it has no chance to place in the competition. However, I think it now conforms.

Off to TV land for me.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

I need all the help i can get on votes.... Please click my sig and vote for my ugly shirt.

Josephus

Hey, my New Amsterdam shirt needs a couple of votes to be in the hotness. any help here? pleeeze?

Josephus

jbedwar1 wrote:I need all the help i can get on votes.... Please click my sig and vote for my ugly shirt.

got my vote

pooflady

Josephus wrote:Hey, my New Amsterdam shirt needs a couple of votes to be in the hotness. any help here? pleeeze?

Sorry, already did.

stlwooter

Josephus wrote:Hey, my New Amsterdam shirt needs a couple of votes to be in the hotness. any help here? pleeeze?

sure, I put one in for you.

stlwooter

any votes for fiddling in rome or grassy knoll tours (if not too put off by it) would be appreciated. The compression defects are just me not cluing in. The large print files are obviously better quality. I did not realize they resized the 600 x 600 to exactly that size. I thought it just had to be smaller than 600 x 600. Ah, well. Learn something new every day.