FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

You know,It occurred to me, as I sat in front of the toilet pukeing everything out of my stomach, how strong my stomach muscles must be. I mean, all that puke coming out at once in one giant stream...

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Now I'm really starting to think that Fen's been drinking.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
daj59 wrote:Now I'm really starting to think that Fen's been drinking.

Yep.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

stlwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
FenStar wrote:You know,It occurred to me, as I sat in front of the toilet pukeing everything out of my stomach, how strong my stomach muscles must be. I mean, all that puke coming out at once in one giant stream...

How about how strong a toilet is? I mean could you take a lifetime of people crapping and puking in you? I'd freak out.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
stlwooter wrote:How about how strong a toilet is? I mean could you take a lifetime of people crapping and puking in you? I'd freak out.

On that lovely thought, I say "goodnite."

Feel better, fen.

ThunderThighs

Staff

killingtime wrote:On that lovely thought, I say "goodnite."

Feel better, fen.

Wait, wait, wait. You didn't even say Hello!!!!!!

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

we got this at work a while back; I've been meaning to share it:

Press Release wrote:Rosen Law Firm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 14, 2007

PRESS RELEASE

Coping With Divorce Over the Holidays: What to Expect of a Loved One

by Jennifer Coleman, M.S. / Ed.S. N.C.C., Rosen Law Firm

If you are a close friend or family member of someone who is recently separated or divorced, expect emotional turmoil over the holidays. Also, keep in mind that even someone who has been divorced quite a while may still grieve over the holidays. This time of year often reminds us of the people we once loved who are no longer there to share the experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Expect that emotions may run high. This time of year brings on a mix of emotions that includes joy, sadness, and anxiety. Expecting that it is natural for emotions to run high means we might not be caught by surprise when our loved one seems like they are on an emotional roller-coaster.

2. Prepare to give them some space. People who find themselves newly single may fluctuate between being excited about their new relationship status to feeling like a third wheel. They shouldn’t be expected to do the things they usually do because they’ll be figuring out how to combine the new with the old in a way that works for him or her.

3. Present social activities and engagements with no strings attached. When offering to include your friend or family member in holiday activities, always do so with no obligation. He or she needs to know that your invitation is sincere, but there is no guilt involved if they would rather do something else. It can also be a drag to have to explain the circumstances repeatedly if there are friends and/or relatives who haven't seen them in a while.

4. Offer a shoulder to lean on and a listening ear. The best thing you can offer is perhaps a quiet place for your friend or loved one to share what they are going through. People experiencing a feeling of loss over the holidays are rarely seeking advice; they just want to feel understood by those closest to them.

5. Understand when its time to adopt new traditions. When there is an empty chair at the dinner table this year, it just might be too painful for your friend or loved one to sit down as if everything were the same. While going through traditions may be comforting for some, it may be painful for others. Adopting new traditions can ease the pain of loss and make the holidays bearable. Try to understand this and offer support. Other family members may want to keep things the way they have always been. When your friend says they want to do something different, respect that.

Jennifer Coleman is a Life Transition Coach at Rosen Law Firm and assists clients through the emotional transition that accompanies the legal process of divorce. She is a National Certified Counselor and specializes in marriage and family counseling.

About Rosen Law Firm
Rosen Law Firm has offices in Raleigh , Charlotte , and Chapel Hill . Founded in 1990, the firm is dedicated to providing individual growth and support to couples seeking divorce by helping them move forward with their lives. Our staffs of attorneys and other legal professionals expertly address the complex issues of ending a marriage. Our innovative approach acknowledges that divorce is so much more than just a legal matter. Practice areas include child custody, alimony, property distribution, separation agreements, and domestic violence relief. For more information visit: www.rosen.com
ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
jqubed wrote:we got this at work a while back; I've been meaning to share it:

Thank you, J. A lot of that is true and applies. It is different for each person and each of us has to go through it in our own way, but thanks for posting that, it will help some who are going through a vey vary hard time.

stlwooter

night all.

pooflady

stlwooter wrote:night all.

Night, STL.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

stlwooter

morning!

FenStar

Feeling somewhat better, Haven't eaten in a few days though...

pooflady

FenStar wrote:Feeling somewhat better, Haven't eaten in a few days though...

I think you and tennisplayer had the same thing. He said he's never had a stomach flu like what he just had.

FenStar

The news is evil.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:The news is evil.

What news?

stlwooter

FenStar wrote:The news is evil.

news in general, yes I agree.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Last year I got three rounds of stomach virus in two months. I really did not like that.

pooflady

stlwooter wrote:news in general, yes I agree.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Last year I got three rounds of stomach virus in two months. I really did not like that.

Well, that should make him feel better.

stlwooter

pooflady wrote:Well, that should make him feel better.

If he makes it out with only one round, he'll feel great!

killingtime

pooflady

Thanks, KT. You, too.

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Merry Christmas, misfitted ones.

FenStar

Merry holiday.
I almost forgot to stay up for the Boot of Coal!

FenStar

Anyone need coal?

Does anyone know where I can buy coal, I ask for it every Christmas, but my parents never get it for me.

pooflady

FenStar wrote: Anyone need coal?

Does anyone know where I can buy coal, I ask for it every Christmas, but my parents never get it for me.

Probably can't afford it anymore.

ThunderThighs

Staff

FenStar wrote: Anyone need coal?

http://www.appaltree.net/aba/coal.htm

killingtime

I got crap. Nite. Merry Christmas...

pooflady

killingtime wrote:I got crap.

Congratulations, KT. Make sure you let us know what you get.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:I got crap. Nite. Merry Christmas...

Merry Christmas KT!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Merry Christmas to all Misfits around the world! Peace and blessings to you all! Merry Christmas KT!

killingtime

Awww...thanks & Merry Christmas to you all (or what is left of it.) Santa was good to me including a nice soft & warm robe and a nature sounds/projecting time alarm clock.

I can hear the faint snore of a cat in bed. I had two under my arms last night and it made me smile. I hope they all come up to visit tonight...

Love to all the misfits and their critters,
kt

stlwooter

killingtime wrote:Awww...thanks & Merry Christmas to you all (or what is left of it.) Santa was good to me including a nice soft & warm robe and a nature sounds/projecting time alarm clock.

I can hear the faint snore of a cat in bed. I had two under my arms last night and it made me smile. I hope they all come up to visit tonight...

Love to all the misfits and their critters,
kt

night kt

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KT! They made a shirt for you! I hope you are up to buy it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Hello,

Please vote for Don Carrote, quixotic adventurer and knight errant.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
no1 wrote:Hello,
Please vote for Don Carrote, quixotic adventurer and knight errant.

Nice! Well done.

Had you given any thought to orienting the peelers with the sharp end toward the hub? Curious whether they end up looking more like vanes and less like peelers though...

Edit: And voted, of course ...

FenStar

So, does anyone think I have a chance of winning a HM?

killingtime

FenStar wrote:So, does anyone think I have a chance of winning a HM?

yep

stlwooter

killingtime wrote:yep

hey kt. how's it going?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi KT!

I'm pissed off, just discovered that a PM with stuff I have been saving for almost two years of woot is gone.
So I'm grumpy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:Hi KT!

I'm pissed off, just discovered that a PM with stuff I have been saving for almost two years of woot is gone.
So I'm grumpy.

You are a mod, make someone recover it for you.

FenStar

killingtime wrote:yep

Unless they cancel the contest...

I wanted to make an "I won't get drunk and make out with Elvis" one, but I couldn't find a good photo for it.