dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:You are a mod, make someone recover it for you.



I don't think they can. Besides lots of the photos were the woot gods. I had every one posted.
You are going to have to make me my Splinter picture again. All the sig lines are missing.
I could find that contest, but people resized them so they would fit.
Heck, my picture of you with the red glowing eyes is gone!
Lots of the stuff is here, but all over different threads from the last two years.

It was when I tried to delete more than one PM at once, the little check was moving to different PMs and I didn't realize it.
It has always done that to me if I tried to get rid of something not on the I AM NOT AN ESKIMO! of PM's. I was up to the third page at one time. Had to delete a bunch of stuff to only have things I really wanted to keep forever on the second page.
Other than two PMs that I store stuff in, I have old PM's from Argh and 1st time I PMed some people, that I would like to keep.
I knew not to try to delete from the second page, but it never jumped on the I AM NOT AN ESKIMO! before.
Crap, I'm pissed.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=699595

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

So, do you think today will have the best sales?

Still single, can't imagine why.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
gwp wrote:Had you given any thought to orienting the peelers with the sharp end toward the hub? Curious whether they end up looking more like vanes and less like peelers though...


A little, Mr. Gwp, since the peeler end is smaller and resembles the arms of the vanes a little, but I decided to put the "business end" on the outside.

gwp wrote:Edit: And voted, of course ...


Thanks very muchly, Mr. Gwp.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Thanks very muchly, Mr. Gwp.



If it wins, I will buy it, but I'm not happy about the blue.
Right now I'm wearing a blue christmas sweatshirt someone gave me for Christmas. I'm not happy about it either, but it is soft and I don't have to look at me in it.

So in the future, mr 1, will you try to remember my dislike of blue when you pick out colors.
Although I'm sure some stuff would look good on blue.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:



Thank you Mr 1!!!!!!!!
I was actually trying to figure it out. I was getting no where.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:If it wins


Ms. Name,

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

(inhale)

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

You don't have to worry about wearing blue, because nothing I submit ever wins and nothing submitted on Wednesday ever wins.

JoeDeeDee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
no1 wrote:Hello,

Please vote for Don Carrote, quixotic adventurer and knight errant.



voted with all the accounts, and got it into the hotness...it's a little late for it to go very far, but every little bit helps, right?

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Every year we get pictures from relatives(i think) of their children. Why the hell do they think we want to see their ugly children? It is better then a dead bear they just shot, but still...

Still single, can't imagine why.

darthv8r


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
FenStar wrote:Every year we get pictures from relatives(i think) of their children. Why the hell do they think we want to see their ugly children? It is better then a dead bear they just shot, but still...


Hey Fen! well I guess it is better than them mooning the camera huh?

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
darthv8r wrote:Hey Fen! well I guess it is better than them mooning the camera huh?

That's what I thought they where doing at first, but then I realized those where their children's faces, not their asses!

Still single, can't imagine why.

darthv8r


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
FenStar wrote:That's what I thought they where doing at first, but then I realized those where their children's faces, not their asses!



You are as cold as ice brother

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

I am soliciting advice again...this time it will be for a new laptop.

I only want to spend near or a little over $1,000ish.

I currently have a Dell Dimension (DIM 5100) Pentium tower, 2.80 GHz, 2.0 GB of RAM, one HD that is 150GB & another 300GB & a DVD Rom burner. Running XP...

What I am looking for is comparable or better to what is mentioned above. The OS is negotiable...Would like to have the MS Office suite.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?


ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

killingtime wrote: I am soliciting advice again...this time it will be for a new laptop.

I only want to spend near or a little over $1,000ish.

I currently have a Dell Dimension (DIM 5100) Pentium tower, 2.80 GHz, 2.0 GB of RAM, one HD that is 150GB & another 300GB & a DVD Rom burner. Running XP...

What I am looking for is comparable or better to what is mentioned above. The OS is negotiable...Would like to have the MS Office suite.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I'll let others help you with the computer but for MS Office, find someone that's going to school. If they're in college, they can buy it at a good price at their university bookstore. If it's K-12, you can but from most educational outlets with proof of enrollment. Some good places are: Journey Ed, Educational Resources, Academic Superstore, & CCV Software.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

AHHHHHH

Help me!
I'm stuck in floridia all alone (cept for old ppl), wilth aol dialup on one crappy old computer that is all screwed up.

Was suppose to be my sis and my cousin, but m sis got sick, and my cousin decided not to come down at the last minute (literallly)

BTW, I can't find any of the recent contest wining threads, where are they?

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
FenStar wrote:AHHHHHH

Help me!
I'm stuck in floridia all alone (cept for old ppl), wilth aol dialup on one crappy old computer that is all screwed up.

Was suppose to be my sis and my cousin, but m sis got sick, and my cousin decided not to come down at the last minute (literallly)

BTW, I can't find any of the recent contest wining threads, where are they?



Poor Fen.
Dial-ups are so awful.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
JoeDeeDee wrote:voted with all the accounts, and got it into the hotness...it's a little late for it to go very far, but every little bit helps, right?



Thanks Ms. D. Every little bit feeds my starving ego, now that the woot staff have validated the dearth of votes for my designs.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:AHHHHHH

Help me!
I'm stuck in floridia all alone (cept for old ppl), wilth aol dialup on one crappy old computer that is all screwed up.

Was suppose to be my sis and my cousin, but m sis got sick, and my cousin decided not to come down at the last minute (literallly)

BTW, I can't find any of the recent contest wining threads, where are they?



Oh NO! Poor Fen. We will wait for you to get back.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Thanks Ms. D. Every little bit feeds my starving ego, now that the woot staff have validated the dearth of votes for my designs.



Mr 1, do you have an entry in the current contest?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Mr 1, do you have an entry in the current contest?



No, Ms. Name, none of my designs made the cut.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

For all of us who are egg nog drinkers:

In November the Food and Drug Administration told Smiling Hill Farm of Westbrook, Maine, that it would have to recall all of its egg nog because it did not list "egg" as an ingredient on the label. Federal law requires the listing to protect people with egg allergies from inadvertently consuming foods that they might not have realized contain egg (even products called "egg nog"). [Portland Press Herald, 11-18-07]

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
SkekTek wrote:For all of us who are egg nog drinkers:

In November the Food and Drug Administration told Smiling Hill Farm of Westbrook, Maine, that it would have to recall all of its egg nog because it did not list "egg" as an ingredient on the label. Federal law requires the listing to protect people with egg allergies from inadvertently consuming foods that they might not have realized contain egg (even products called "egg nog"). [Portland Press Herald, 11-18-07]



Eggs in eggnog?...How about some listeria?...Or drug resistant Tuberculosis?...Or TB in an obstetrics unit?

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
killingtime wrote:Eggs in eggnog?...How about some listeria?...Or drug resistant Tuberculosis?...Or TB in an obstetrics unit?


Hi KT!
I got my oldest an HP laptop (Compaq) with dual core processor and vista. He hates Vista, mainly because a lot of the games he likes are not compatible yet. I think cost was around $600.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
zea3 wrote:Hi KT!
I got my oldest an HP laptop (Compaq) with dual core processor and vista. He hates Vista, mainly because a lot of the games he likes are not compatible yet. I think cost was around $600.



Where? Specifics? Do tell...

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:Where? Specifics? Do tell...




HI KT

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
dontwantaname wrote:HI KT



Hi D'Name.

You're jealous I got crap...

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:Hi D'Name.

You're jealous I got crap...


Well so far people got the car thing. Most of them were broken in the last crap.
But

There was a monkey in some...if the people were telling the truth.
Then again, your cats will enjoy the monkey, if you get one.
Sooooooo......yeah. But not really badly jealous.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
killingtime wrote:Hi D'Name.

You're jealous I got crap...


Can I be jealous too? I didn't even have internet to try to get the crap with.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

gwp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

Happy New Year (east coast) Misfits!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Happy New Year KT!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
KtCallista wrote:Can I be jealous too? I didn't even have internet to try to get the crap with.



Awww...I set my alarm 15 minutes in advance of 12...eastern time...like a goon...got up and realized I should have set it for 12:45 instead...so I re-set the alarm and was prepared for the pursuit of crap.


gwp wrote:Happy New Year (east coast) Misfits!



Happy New Year to you, too, gwp~!


dontwantaname wrote:Happy New Year KT!!!!



Happy New Year to you, too, don't~!


I was invited to a married couple's condo about a week ago for New Year's Eve. My husband & I spent several New Year's with them in the past so it was a little bittersweet when I received the invitation. I agreed to go as I don't get to see them often and I wanted to see them on a social occasion rather than a crisis one.

Yesterday, we were supposed to get a large amount of snow, but it never came. So, right up until the last minute I was unsure if I was going to go or not (she lives 1-1.5 hours away)...so I only took a small change of clothes with me to work - no extra underwear, no toothbrush, no toothpaste, no contact lens carrier, no brush...nothing.

Since we didn't get the weather event, I decided to go and ended up raiding a Target for the things I had left behind.

My friend had made a homemade meat pie for the main entree, buffalo chicken dip for an appetizer, she had cheese & crackers galore and a veggie platter. I am sure she would have been pissed if I didn't show up as it was just the three of us for the evening and they had enough food for like 10 people~!

We watched two movies..."Tenacious D" and "Mr Bean's Holiday." (Her choice, but light and silly enough for me to be preoccupied on them versus something else.)

At midnight, my friend ran to give me a hug, but I shunned her off and re-directed to her husband for first dibs...I am superstitious about that kind of stuff. I believe in the New Year's kiss...etc.

It was nice to have the company...and it was good to see that Dick Clark made it to 2008...

Oh, and I learned who Hannah Montana, the Jonas brothers & Taylor Swift are in a few short hours...whether I am all the wiser, I am unsure.

To my woot brothers and sisters, misfits or not, Happy New Year...Thank f(e)rk!

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Happy New Year! sounds like a good time. sorry about Hannah M. et al. Be thankful you didn't learn about Zack and Cody.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
killingtime wrote: I am soliciting advice again...this time it will be for a new laptop.

I only want to spend near or a little over $1,000ish.

I currently have a Dell Dimension (DIM 5100) Pentium tower, 2.80 GHz, 2.0 GB of RAM, one HD that is 150GB & another 300GB & a DVD Rom burner. Running XP...

What I am looking for is comparable or better to what is mentioned above. The OS is negotiable...Would like to have the MS Office suite.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?



Sorry for the late response... ThinkPads were practically bulletproof as a laptop when they were IBM, and as far as I know they still are as Lenovo. I have a Toshiba and have been mostly pleased with it, but they come with a lot of crap loaded on them, which is a pain to clear out. I think you can buy some Dell computers without the bonus crap installed. I'd guess most laptops you'd find in that range would equal or beat what you have right now, except in terms of hard disk space. You may want to consider an external hard drive if you want the space for your work, or of course you could continue running your desktop at home to access what you have there. When are you looking to get it? I could look around for something and offer some suggestions, if you have any preferences. What are you looking to use your laptop primarily? Graphics?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Happy New Year! sounds like a good time. sorry about Hannah M. et al. Be thankful you didn't learn about Zack and Cody.



You keep talking about Zack and Cody. Who the heck are they??? Those twin guys on Disney?
When my kids were young we stuck with Nick. Even when Disney was free for awhile, they didn't like it.
Son bought dad Ren and Stimpy for Christmas. Now lets see if it stays here when he goes back to school. I still haven't seen my Futurama DVDs since he borrowed them. He claims they are in the house. Yeah. Right.



Glad you had company KT! I guess they picked you. (an issue on Curb Your Enthusiasm this season)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Happy New Year, KT. It's bound to be better.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:You keep talking about Zack and Cody. Who the heck are they??? Those twin guys on Disney?
When my kids were young we stuck with Nick. Even when Disney was free for awhile, they didn't like it.
Son bought dad Ren and Stimpy for Christmas. Now lets see if it stays here when he goes back to school. I still haven't seen my Futurama DVDs since he borrowed them. He claims they are in the house. Yeah. Right.



Glad you had company KT! I guess they picked you. (an issue on Curb Your Enthusiasm this season)



Reading this post was like seeing popcorn pop!

anyway, yeah, Zack and Cody on Disney. Thjere's a whole bunch of awfulness on Disney, including Hannah Montana. I don't know if Drake and Josh is on there, but it is the epitome of horribleness. Every show they learn some lesson about not being self-centered. By the next episode, every single lesson they've ever learned is completely forgotten. Its just hideous.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I found myself wondering when 1:00 would come so it would be the new year! jejeje.
Anyways here are some photos.







Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Nice pics. Glad to see you found something to do in Florida.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:I found myself wondering when 1:00 would come so it would be the new year! jejeje.
Anyways here are some photos.









I refuse to believe you don't have a really good camera.
Those are wonderful.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.