Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

Paramedics bring in the Jaws of Life to pry you out of the EZ-Boy.

The "Gravy Boat" your wife set out was a real 12' boat!

You receive a Sumo Wrestler application in your e-mail.

Friday you set off 3 earthquake seismographs on your morning jog.

Pricking your finger for cholesterol screening only yielded gravy.

A guest quotes a Biblical passage from "The Feeding of the 5000."

That rash on your stomach turns out to be steering wheel burn.

Representatives from the Butterball Hall of Fame called twice.

You consider gluttony your patriotic duty.

Your arms are too short to reach the keyboard & delete this.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

Turkey to Go game

ThunderThighs

Staff

Turkey Fling

ThunderThighs

Staff

Thanksgiving Turkey - I Will Survive!

ThunderThighs

Staff

cauldronofpain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cauldronofpain

Eh, some are pretty funny

Being cool, is not trying to be cool.
KTHXNOSCAMSPLZ

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Tis the night before Thanksgiving and all through our house
No turkey is baking; I feel like a louse,
For I am all nestled, so snug in my bed;
I’m not gettin’ up and I’m not bakin’ bread.

No pies in my oven, no cranberry sauce
Cuz I give the orders, and I am the boss.
When out in the kitchen, there arose such a clatter
I almost got up to see what was the matter.

As I drew in my head and was tossing around
To the bed came my husband, he grimaced, he frowned.
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
He scared me to death and I thought, “Here he goes!”

He spoke not a word as he threw back my quilt
And the look that he gave was intended to wilt.
So up to the ceiling my pillows he threw
I knew I had had it, his face had turned blue.

“You prancer, you dodger, you’re lazy, you vixen
Out yonder in kitchen, Thanksgiving you’re fixin.”
But he heard me explain, with my face in a pout:
"I'm just plain too tired and we're eating out!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SailorButterfly

When I was a young turkey, new to the coop,
My big brother Mike took me out on the stoop,

Then he sat me down, and he spoke real slow,
And he told me there was something that I had to know;

His look and his tone I will always remember,
When he told me of the horrors of ..... Black November;

"Come about August, now listen to me,
Each day you'll be thick, where once you were thin,
And you'll grow a big rubbery thing under your chin.

"And then one morning, when you're warm in your bed,
In'll burst the farmer's wife, and hack off your head;

"Then she'll pluck out all your feathers so you're bald'n pink,

And scoop out all your insides and leave ya lyin' in the sink,

"And then comes the worst part" he said not bluffing,
"She'll spread your cheeks and pack your rear with stuffing".

Well, the rest of his words were too grim to repeat,
I sat on the stoop like a winged piece of meat,

And decided on the spot that to avoid being cooked,
I'd have to lay low and remain overlooked;

I began a new diet of nuts and granola,
High-roughage salads, juice and diet cola,

And as they ate pastries, chocolates and crepes,
I stayed in my room doing Jane Fonda tapes,

I maintained my weight of two pounds and a half,
And tried not to notice when the bigger birds laughed;

But 'twas I who was laughing, under my breath,
As they chomped and they chewed, ever closer to death;

And sure enough when Black November rolled around,
I was the last turkey left in the entire compound;

So now I'm a pet in the farmer's wife's lap;
I haven't a worry, so I eat and I nap,

She held me today, while sewing and humming,
And smiled at me and said "Christmas is coming..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SailorButterfly

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin
ThunderThighs wrote:

TT THAT IS CUTE.

P.S. It's not Thanksgiving this year, it's my birthday :3 XD

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
xpenguin wrote:TT THAT IS CUTE.

P.S. It's not Thanksgiving this year, it's my birthday :3 XD

In that case, Happy Birthdaygiving!

I'm just hanging out, really.

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin
inkycatz wrote:In that case, Happy Birthdaygiving!

Thank you Inky!

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

It's the day before Thanksgiving, and the butcher is just locking up when a man begins pounding on the front door.

"Please let me in," says the man desperately. "I forgot to buy a turkey, and my wife will kill me if I don't come home with one."

"Okay," says the butcher. "Let me see what I have left." He goes into the freezer and discovers that there's only one scrawny turkey left. He brings it out to show the man.

"That's one is too skinny. What else you got?" says the man.

The butcher takes the bird back into the freezer and waits a few minutes and brings the same turkey back out to the man.

"Oh, no," says the man, "That one doesn't look any better. You better give me both of them!"

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Thanks for bringing this back up, TT.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

thenativesarerestless

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thenativesarerestless

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
ThunderThighs wrote:Sigh. And we lose another holiday. It's an American holiday.

Not as American as you may have been led to believe. After the reformation in England, Protestants were a bit miffed that they had lost all the Catholic feast days in in the split, so to appease the masses Church leaders dusted off an old Pagan harvest festival and called it Thanksgiving. Puritans, unhappy with the concept of fixed holidays (and who pretty much enjoyed being unhappy in general) said that we should only have Thanksgiving when we actually had something extraordinary to give thanks for, like the end of a plague or growing enough food to keep them alive through the winter. This is the type of Thanksgiving the Pilgrims celebrated. Today's Thanksgiving has far more in common with the earlier, Reformationist attempts at a Catholic/Pagan style annual festival. That makes it an English holiday, even though it's not officially celebrated in England anymore.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

Superman Thanksgiving Parade Float from 1940

ThunderThighs

Staff

Vintage Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos

ThunderThighs

Staff

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Vintage Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos

I think the designers were doing some heavy drugs in the pre 50's balloons.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Click for biggie size.