bjacobs44001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjacobs44001

I recently purchased a Phillips 26 " tv online. Even though I was disappointed in the amount of time that it took for delivery, I did understand that it is the holiday season.

However when it showed up damaged, I was beyond disappointed. I am very upset that the only way to get customer service is through email. I have sent several emails and have been given case numbers (CAS-516528-F2C8Z2) but I have yet to hear back.

If someone could help me I would appreciate it. I am to the point where I am going to call and dispute the charges.

I hope to hear from someone soon

[MOD EDIT: Removed email address and name; for privacy]

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bjacobs44001 wrote:I recently purchased a Phillips 26 " tv online. Even though I was disappointed in the amount of time that it took for delivery, I did understand that it is the holiday season.

However when it showed up damaged, I was beyond disappointed. I am very upset that the only way to get customer service is through email. I have sent several emails and have been given case numbers (CAS-516528-F2C8Z2) but I have yet to hear back.

If someone could help me I would appreciate it. I am to the point where I am going to call and dispute the charges.

I hope to hear from someone soon

[MOD EDIT: Removed email address and name; for privacy]

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

We also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they resolved the issue.

pepperkatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepperkatt

I ordered a computer for my mom on December 2nd after she destroyed her old one with water on the 1st. It says in my account that my order has been shipped but when you go to my tracking number it says that the UPS label has been created but the package hasn't been given to them yet. I contact CS through the support page and got an automated response with a case number(CAS-516131-W9N3S5) on the 9th still waiting for a response over 24 hours later.

ROGETRAY

Staff

pepperkatt wrote:I ordered a computer for my mom on December 2nd after she destroyed her old one with water on the 1st. It says in my account that my order has been shipped but when you go to my tracking number it says that the UPS label has been created but the package hasn't been given to them yet. I contact CS through the support page and got an automated response with a case number(CAS-516131-W9N3S5) on the 9th still waiting for a response over 24 hours later.

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

We also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they attended to the issue.

codeman222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codeman222

I have sent cs numerous emails about returning a hp laptop that I received. The item is defective and I am just wanting to return it and get my money back. I have not had any replies and I started emailing them about the issue on 12/07/13. Any idea on how to reach them??

ROGETRAY

Staff

codeman222 wrote:I have sent cs numerous emails about returning a hp laptop that I received. The item is defective and I am just wanting to return it and get my money back. I have not had any replies and I started emailing them about the issue on 12/07/13. Any idea on how to reach them??

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they attended to the issue.

estienberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages estienberg

I ordered a Michael Kors tote bag for my fiance, and accidentally ordered the wrong color. I immediately contacted customer service to try to get the color I wanted as my order had not (and still has not) shipped yet. All I got back was an automated email with case number CAS-516375-F4W2M2 and then I was forgotten about and have not been contacted since. The color bag I wanted to switch to is still in stock, but there is a another sale going on and I fear it won't be available much longer.

I cannot stress enough how extremely time sensitive this matter is. This bag is my big gift to my fiance, and it is imperative that I receive it in time to give it to her for Christmas. I decided to go out on a limb and order a big purchase online, hoping Woot was reputable enough that I wouldn't have to worry about about paying in advance before receiving the item in time for Christmas. Apparently I was wrong, as I have spent over $200, yet have not received anything resembling customer service, or even a tracking number to check it's progress(although that may be because it is still processing).

With no emails back from CS, and no CS phone number to call(huge mistake btw), I have had to turn to this message board in hopes that someone at this company cares enough to help.

lichme

quality posts: 2772 Private Messages lichme
estienberg wrote:I ordered a Michael Kors tote bag for my fiance, and accidentally ordered the wrong color. I immediately contacted customer service to try to get the color I wanted as my order had not (and still has not) shipped yet. All I got back was an automated email with case number CAS-516375-F4W2M2 and then I was forgotten about and have not been contacted since. The color bag I wanted to switch to is still in stock, but there is a another sale going on and I fear it won't be available much longer.

I cannot stress enough how extremely time sensitive this matter is. This bag is my big gift to my fiance, and it is imperative that I receive it in time to give it to her for Christmas. I decided to go out on a limb and order a big purchase online, hoping Woot was reputable enough that I wouldn't have to worry about about paying in advance before receiving the item in time for Christmas. Apparently I was wrong, as I have spent over $200, yet have not received anything resembling customer service, or even a tracking number to check it's progress(although that may be because it is still processing).

With no emails back from CS, and no CS phone number to call(huge mistake btw), I have had to turn to this message board in hopes that someone at this company cares enough to help.

Hello there. I would recommend placing a new order for the color that you want if it is currently on sale, then refusing delivery or returning the item you ordered in the wrong color. Most likely, your order slip has already printed and is on it's way to the vendor. Unless you cancel your order within the first 15 minutes, it is very unlikely any corrections can be made. The down side of this is that you will have to pay for shipping again, but it does ensure that the item you want will be available to you.

estienberg

lichme wrote:Hello there. I would recommend placing a new order for the color that you want if it is currently on sale, then refusing delivery or returning the item you ordered in the wrong color. Most likely, your order slip has already printed and is on it's way to the vendor. Unless you cancel your order within the first 15 minutes, it is very unlikely any corrections can be made. The down side of this is that you will have to pay for shipping again, but it does ensure that the item you want will be available to you.

I would but I can't really do that as I have already spent the money and been charged for the item. Do you work for Woot? I was really hoping to hear from a staff member on the issue.

lichme

estienberg wrote:I would but I can't really do that as I have already spent the money and been charged for the item. Do you work for Woot? I was really hoping to hear from a staff member on the issue.

I do not work for woot unfortunately, I have just been hanging around long enough to generally know how the system works. Someone from woot will probably poke in here and see your issue, but I wanted to give you some info since your case seems a little time sensitive. Good Luck!

estienberg

lichme wrote:I do not work for woot unfortunately, I have just been hanging around long enough to generally know how the system works. Someone from woot will probably poke in here and see your issue, but I wanted to give you some info since your case seems a little time sensitive. Good Luck!

I definitely appreciate the advice. Hope the question didn't come off as rude, was just curious. Thank you for the veteran advice.

estienberg

Still no customer service email or response from a staffer! What is going on?

If I canceled my order would I get credit back that's immediately available?

lichme

estienberg wrote:Still no customer service email or response from a staffer! What is going on?

If I canceled my order would I get credit back that's immediately available?

The only way to cancel an order is if you do it within 15 minutes, otherwise an order has to be refused at delivery and sent back to woot. The reason is that once orders are sent to vendors, they are typically printed out and go into a giant pile of other orders, making them virtually impossible to track down. To receive credit back, you have to wait until the item gets back to the warehouse. From that point, it can generally take up to a week to post back to your account.

Woot support is currently backlogged and there may be a delay in getting a response, sorry for the inconvenience.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

estienberg wrote:I ordered a Michael Kors tote bag for my fiance, and accidentally ordered the wrong color. I immediately contacted customer service to try to get the color I wanted as my order had not (and still has not) shipped yet. All I got back was an automated email with case number CAS-516375-F4W2M2 and then I was forgotten about and have not been contacted since. The color bag I wanted to switch to is still in stock, but there is a another sale going on and I fear it won't be available much longer.

We release orders every few hours. Once an order is released for processing, we can't pull it back.

In the future, you can cancel orders yourself in the first 15 minutes (except during Woot-Offs). See this thread for more instructions:

http://www.woot.com/blog/post/order-cancellation-you-can-do-it-now-if-you-must

As to returning the item, there's a link in my signature to our Return Policy.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

estienberg

devicenul wrote:So, why not calm down and actually give them a chance to respond? Flipping out because you did not instantly get a reply helps no one.

As much as I appreciate you chipping in your two cents to a situation you know absolutely nothing about, do you work for woot? Can you help me? Or are you just needlessly trolling and actually helping less people than my post. Obviously I'm only on here as a last resort, and you have no idea how calm I am given the situation. Please just let the professionals respond and do their jobs.

estienberg

ThunderThighs wrote:We release orders every few hours. Once an order is released for processing, we can't pull it back.

In the future, you can cancel orders yourself in the first 15 minutes (except during Woot-Offs). See this thread for more instructions:

http://www.woot.com/blog/post/order-cancellation-you-can-do-it-now-if-you-must

As to returning the item, there's a link in my signature to our Return Policy.

So is there anything you can do to help my situation? I get all that stuff, but I'm sure this has happened before. Are you the vendor, or can you give me vendor information? I just know there is no way for me to wait for the order, return it, wait for that to go through, and then purchase an item that will no longer be available by then, all in time for christmas.

ThunderThighs

Staff

estienberg wrote:So is there anything you can do to help my situation? I get all that stuff, but I'm sure this has happened before. Are you the vendor, or can you give me vendor information? I just know there is no way for me to wait for the order, return it, wait for that to go through, and then purchase an item that will no longer be available by then, all in time for christmas.

We are the seller so you contact us. The return will take a while. You have to receive it first and ship it back to us. The refund process can take 7-10 business days ONCE WE RECEIVE the item.

Your best bet is to order the one you want.

Our FAQ may help.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

estienberg

ThunderThighs wrote:We are the seller so you contact us. The return will take a while. You have to receive it first and ship it back to us. The refund process can take 7-10 business days ONCE WE RECEIVE the item.

Your best bet is to order the one you want.

Our FAQ may help.

Ok, so you are the seller and the one that sends out the orders. So why can't you just adjust the order to the correct color before you ship it out?

You're saying my best bet is to pay another $200+ on top of the $200+ I already paid just to get the singular item I want that hasn't even been sent out yet?

Also if you are indeed the vendor, I don't understand why you can't just cancel the order and not ship it out. Then I can have that amount credited to my woot account and purchase what I actually want. If you are not the vendor who has the item in stock and is the one physically shipping them out please give me that information.

lichme

estienberg wrote:Ok, so you are the seller and the one that sends out the orders. So why can't you just adjust the order to the correct color before you ship it out?

You're saying my best bet is to pay another $200+ on top of the $200+ I already paid just to get the singular item I want that hasn't even been sent out yet?

Also if you are indeed the vendor, I don't understand why you can't just cancel the order and not ship it out. Then I can have that amount credited to my woot account and purchase what I actually want. If you are not the vendor who has the item in stock and is the one physically shipping them out please give me that information.

Woot is the seller, not the vendor. The seller is responsible for getting your order, taking your money, and sending the order to the vendor for shipping. Once you place your order, it goes into woot's system. Following an order, you have 15 minutes to cancel your order. After the 15 minute period, woot packages all of the orders up in a nice virtual bundle and sends them over to the vendor. The vendor then takes all of the orders, and prints out labels for them to be shipped out to you. After the orders hit the vendor, it is out of the realm of possibility to change, because your packing slip is floating around with thousands of other packing slips and it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. While frustrating, there is nothing that either the vendor or woot can do at this point. While making an expensive purchase, I recommend reviewing your order before placing it at one of the several confirmation screens that woot makes you go through before finally submitting the order.

Maybe your fiance will like the color you bought her, if you buy her a matching pair of shoes?

estienberg

lichme wrote:Woot is the seller, not the vendor. Once you place your order, it goes into woot's system. You have 15 minutes to cancel your order after you make a purchase. After the 15 minute period, woot packages all of the orders up in a nice virtual bundle and sends them over to the vendor. The vendor then takes all of the orders, and prints out labels for them to be shipped out to you. After the orders hit the vendor, it is out of the realm of possibility to change, because your packing slip is floating around with thousands of other packing slips and it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. While frustrating, there is nothing that either the vendor or woot can do at this point. While making an expensive purchase, I recommend reviewing your order before placing it at one of the several confirmation screens that woot makes you go through before finally submitting the order.

Hey, thanks for all your help on the posts today. Honestly you have been more informative than the woot staff. I thought that was case that woot was the seller and there were third party vendors. That's why I asked thunderthighs who the vendor was and for their information, only to be told woot is the seller and I contact them. Clearly not the case, but hopefully woot can provide me with the accurate information and I can contact the vendor to at least try and cancel the order. I imagine it's easier to wait for the order to go out to be shipped and cancel it than weeding through the slips to change it. Although I'm sure things are computerized these days, and not alot of physical slips are actually floating around. Again thanks for your help. Woot should pay you! You are faster and more informed than their staff!

ThunderThighs

Staff

estienberg wrote:Hey, thanks for all your help on the posts today. Honestly you have been more informative than the woot staff. I thought that was case that woot was the seller and there were third party vendors. That's why I asked thunderthighs who the vendor was and for their information, only to be told woot is the seller and I contact them. Clearly not the case, but hopefully woot can provide me with the accurate information and I can contact the vendor to at least try and cancel the order. I imagine it's easier to wait for the order to go out to be shipped and cancel it than weeding through the slips to change it. Although I'm sure things are computerized these days, and not alot of physical slips are actually floating around. Again thanks for your help. Woot should pay you! You are faster and more informed than their staff!

We will not release the name of the vendor. We are the seller of record just as any other retailer. I understand you're frustrated but the order can't be changed or canceled at this time.

lichme

estienberg wrote:Hey, thanks for all your help on the posts today.

No problem. I understand the frustration while trying to get this resolved. What seems like it should be a simple fix to change a color really isn't, and the only options at this point to get the color you want is to place a separate order unfortunately. Granted this may not be an available option for everybody, it's the only way to guarantee you get what you want in the end. If you were to try to contact the vendor, they wouldn't be able to change the order for you. Their agreement in this transaction is between them and woot. Another option (although not ideal) is to just give the color you bought to your fiance, and see if she likes it. If she does, then that's that. If she doesn't, then you can go from there and think about doing the return. Michael Kors bags seem to be popping up a lot more recently, and even if the one you wanted this time around may not be available when you want it, something else that she likes better might be. At least she'll know you tried, and that's what counts, right? Either way, good luck to you.

estienberg

ThunderThighs wrote:We will not release the name of the vendor. We are the seller of record just as any other retailer. I understand you're frustrated but the order can't be changed or canceled at this time.

Except at ANY OTHER retailer, this wouldn't even be an issue. Good customer service would try to contact the vendor or at least make some semblance of an effort to help the customer. Thanks for showing what you're really made of Woot.

estienberg

lichme wrote:No problem. I understand the frustration while trying to get this resolved. What seems like it should be a simple fix to change a color really isn't, and the only options at this point to get the color you want is to place a separate order unfortunately. Granted this may not be an available option for everybody, it's the only way to guarantee you get what you want in the end. If you were to try to contact the vendor, they wouldn't be able to change the order for you. Their agreement in this transaction is between them and woot. Another option (although not ideal) is to just give the color you bought to your fiance, and see if she likes it. If she does, then that's that. If she doesn't, then you can go from there and think about doing the return. Michael Kors bags seem to be popping up a lot more recently, and even if the one you wanted this time around may not be available when you want it, something else that she likes better might be. At least she'll know you tried, and that's what counts, right? Either way, good luck to you.

Woot! Pay this person immediately! The only sort of customer service I have gotten about this entire issue has come from someone who isn't even on the Woot staff. You should employ lichme as the head of your CS immediately.

Lichme, thank you very much. Your responses have shown your knowledge as demonstrating you actually read what I wrote and were aware of my specific situation. In stark contrast to the generic, unhelpful info provided by the Woot staff.

After all this I still haven't even gotten an email back from the original customer service inquiry!!

stratmia2527

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stratmia2527

Where is my order? I have emailed twice with no response. It has been 3 weeks since I placed my order and you took money out of my account. I want this fixed NOW. If you cannot ship the TV's TODAY, then REFUND MY MONEY. And don't tell me to check my spam folder, I already have.

tapehands

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tapehands

2 messages sent so far (one on the 9th, and one on the 5th), with no answer...
I may have to start writing slashfic. Seriously. You don't want it to come to that.
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN WHAT DRAKO MALFOY DOES TO A WOOT CUSTOMER SERVICE REP?! HAVE YOU?! DEAR GOD IT'S SEXY.

ThunderThighs

Staff

stratmia2527 wrote:Where is my order? I have emailed twice with no response. It has been 3 weeks since I placed my order and you took money out of my account. I want this fixed NOW. If you cannot ship the TV's TODAY, then REFUND MY MONEY. And don't tell me to check my spam folder, I already have.

We are aware of the issue with these TVs and are working with the vendor to get them shipped out asap. I'm sorry for the delay.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tapehands wrote:2 messages sent so far (one on the 9th, and one on the 5th), with no answer...
I may have to start writing slashfic. Seriously. You don't want it to come to that.
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN WHAT DRAKO MALFOY DOES TO A WOOT CUSTOMER SERVICE REP?! HAVE YOU?! DEAR GOD IT'S SEXY.

Sorry for the delay in response. I'll see what I can find out.

stratmia2527

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stratmia2527
ThunderThighs wrote:We are aware of the issue with these TVs and are working with the vendor to get them shipped out asap. I'm sorry for the delay.

I don't want the Tv's anymore, I want my money back. This is ridiculous.

Gr8brit1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gr8brit1
tibbarderacs wrote:The dock was definitely supposed to be included. I am personally taking care of this. I have the dock located and am having it shipped today. I will contact you with a tracking # as soon as I have it.

Have things changed recently? I've been with Woot since 2006, had a few quirks along the way but all resolved satisfactorily. I bought a Pioneer receiver lately and it kept shutting down. After numerous un-replied to emails (this is where I think things have changed) I finally make a decision to file a claim with Paypal. Not long after doing so I get a return label sent to me from Fedex.. Now I find out today that I can't place orders, I can't call anyone to find out what is going on, I wonder if they have blocked me from ordering

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
Gr8brit1 wrote: Now I find out today that I can't place orders, I can't call anyone to find out what is going on, I wonder if they have blocked me from ordering

If you are talking about the missing or not functional Order button - you are not alone! There is a bug in the software affecting several people. I think it started with people using IE8? If it is the order button, could you give a quick description of what is happening and what browser you use?

nikki1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikki1234

I ordered three different things on Woot and they were supposed to come in the same shipment. Said shipment was received but one item was missing. This happened over a week ago and I have contacted Woot Support, but have yet to hear anything except the initial "we will contact you soon" email.

Case #: CAS-512633-L3N9D4

Can you help me?

Thanks!

guzzizzit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guzzizzit

I am still trying to resolve an issue resulting from woot shipping me the wrong product. I have heard nothing from you all week! Can someone please tell me what is going on?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 120 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

guzzizzit wrote:I am still trying to resolve an issue resulting from woot shipping me the wrong product. I have heard nothing from you all week! Can someone please tell me what is going on?

Hey there- I'm sorry, can you PM me more information here? What order/and what item you did receive, please. I'll definitely look into it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

nikki1234 wrote:I ordered three different things on Woot and they were supposed to come in the same shipment. Said shipment was received but one item was missing. This happened over a week ago and I have contacted Woot Support, but have yet to hear anything except the initial "we will contact you soon" email.

Case #: CAS-512633-L3N9D4

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Your last item is shipping from a different location and will take a bit longer. No worry.

nikki1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikki1234
ThunderThighs wrote:Your last item is shipping from a different location and will take a bit longer. No worry.

Thanks! I wonder why there was no tracking number posted on the information or email sent that it was being processed and/or shipped?

ThunderThighs

Staff

nikki1234 wrote:Thanks! I wonder why there was no tracking number posted on the information or email sent that it was being processed and/or shipped?

Thumperchick's post may help some.

vcalzone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcalzone

I am really annoyed right now. I paid an extra $5 for one-day shipping of the shirt I ordered specifically so that I could get it by Friday. It was part of a sale that said it wouldn't send until the 11th. Whatever, that was still fine. Now the sale says it isn't done until the 16th. That's weird, but whatever, since I got a shipping notification. But the tracking number that says Fedex still hasn't received the item after 48 hours. White Tundra Frost, Woot?

And all of this would be somewhat tolerable except that I have contacted support TWICE and gotten no response either time. I have to say, this is absolutely appalling service and makes me question that I recommend Woot shirts to pretty much everyone. I get that the lack of service is part of the charm, but when I have a legitimate grievance, I expect to be at least acknowledged.

And just to preempt the initial questions, yes I've checked my spam folders multiple times. They've just flat out ignored me.

teddy1004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teddy1004

Hi i ordered a razor deathstalker keyboard about 2 days ago with one day shipping and the status just says that your packaging my item. At this point i just want to cancel the item because i feel like i payed the faster shipping only too end up waiting the same time itll probably get here with standard shipping. I emailed you guys with just a simple request about the status of my purchase and i got nothing. You guys should really get a support number because it would make alot of people more happy knowing that they can call and get the answers faster instead of missing emails that get lost in spam.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
vcalzone wrote:I am really annoyed right now. I paid an extra $5 for one-day shipping of the shirt I ordered specifically so that I could get it by Friday. It was part of a sale that said it wouldn't send until the 11th. Whatever, that was still fine. Now the sale says it isn't done until the 16th. That's weird, but whatever, since I got a shipping notification. But the tracking number that says Fedex still hasn't received the item after 48 hours. White Tundra Frost, Woot?

And all of this would be somewhat tolerable except that I have contacted support TWICE and gotten no response either time. I have to say, this is absolutely appalling service and makes me question that I recommend Woot shirts to pretty much everyone. I get that the lack of service is part of the charm, but when I have a legitimate grievance, I expect to be at least acknowledged.

And just to preempt the initial questions, yes I've checked my spam folders multiple times. They've just flat out ignored me.

Woot is not intentionally ignoring you. Woot! Customer Support is currently experiencing delays in response times to customer emails. Right now they are several days out in most cases. (Holiday shopping, the ice storm that caused massive shipping delays and production delays, and more.)

That same storm caused delays on anything coming out of shirt.woot - which may explain a change in ship date for that sale.

Support will get back to you, in the order your email was received. I hope you get your concern worked out.