longxing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longxing

When I can get my order, because baby crying so much, very hot now, thank you.my number is [MOD: personal info SO deleted.]

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

longxing wrote:When I can get my order, because baby crying so much, very hot now, thank you.my number is [MOD: personal info SO deleted.]

if you haven't already, please email service@woot.com so that they can help you.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

atdilts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atdilts

placed an order this morning, and realized immediately that my shipping address was incorrect (that was my fault... I've moved since I last ordered a woot and wasn't paying close enough attention).

so I both emailed service and tried to request cancellation of the order within MINUTES of my mistake so that I could get the shipping address fixed.

All I've gotten now are two canned responses that nothing can be changed and that I should request a return when it arrives. Except it won't arrive, because the address is wrong. The package hasn't shipped yet, and I'm being told that woot is "unable to alter or cancel" an order that hasn't shipped? Really? What kind of process is this that there is zero flexibility in to correct mistakes?

I've emailed back several times at this point, tried to track down a phone number to call (which I've learned doesn't exist), and am just trying to save everyone time and money.

I've updated my shipping address online, and I've sent it several times now. Can someone please just make sure that the package I've ordered goes to a place that I actually live?

thank you!

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

atdilts wrote:placed an order this morning, and realized immediately that my shipping address was incorrect (that was my fault... I've moved since I last ordered a woot and wasn't paying close enough attention).

so I both emailed service and tried to request cancellation of the order within MINUTES of my mistake so that I could get the shipping address fixed.

All I've gotten now are two canned responses that nothing can be changed and that I should request a return when it arrives. Except it won't arrive, because the address is wrong. The package hasn't shipped yet, and I'm being told that woot is "unable to alter or cancel" an order that hasn't shipped? Really? What kind of process is this that there is zero flexibility in to correct mistakes?

I've emailed back several times at this point, tried to track down a phone number to call (which I've learned doesn't exist), and am just trying to save everyone time and money.

I've updated my shipping address online, and I've sent it several times now. Can someone please just make sure that the package I've ordered goes to a place that I actually live?

thank you!

Sorry for the issues.

The old days of 5 business days to ship stuff is pretty much gone (with the exception of some items). Unfortunately, this faster processing has made the time frame to change your order much smaller.

We answer emails in the order they come in, so while you may have emailed in right after the order was placed, we couldn't get to it until after the order processed to ship.

Now, your order will most likely be returned to sender since you aren't there anymore. Keep an eye on the tracking and let us know when your order is returned. We can put in a reship request at that time.

Sorry again.

atdilts

DennisWKam wrote:Sorry for the issues.

The old days of 5 business days to ship stuff is pretty much gone (with the exception of some items). Unfortunately, this faster processing has made the time frame to change your order much smaller.

We answer emails in the order they come in, so while you may have emailed in right after the order was placed, we couldn't get to it until after the order processed to ship.

Now, your order will most likely be returned to sender since you aren't there anymore. Keep an eye on the tracking and let us know when your order is returned. We can put in a reship request at that time.

Sorry again.

fair enough, but then it's time to drop the "request cancelation" link isn't it? or the language that you have RIGHT ON THE TOP OF THE OPEN ORDERS PAGE which says,

Please note: These orders are still being processed. Once your order has been processed, it will no longer be available for cancellation. Please report any discrepancy immediately to service@woot.com. Make sure your user name and order number are included in all correspondence related to this order.

if an order in "process" is actually not at all available for cancelation or alteration, or even any kind of discrepancy, then why say this?

you have some seriously misleading language here.

and I'm pretty much done with woot after this. really? you can't change an address before a package ships? seriously?

bdks87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdks87
wizard7926 wrote:... and one with 4+ years of business and happy customers to go along with it.

From all the poor responses about customer service and slow shipping,there might not be another 4+ years. The customers are no longer happy.

atdilts

DennisWKam wrote:Sorry for the issues.

fine. not 5 days. but more than 2. the package shipped today, and according to the email I got in my inbox a few minutes ago, it's heading to a city I no longer live in. because after repeated attempts to contact support, after opening 3 cases with service, nobody can change a shipping address for two full days before it goes to the wrong place.

if you can't support your service, then you don't have a service. if your stock reply isn't to ignore my emails, but to respond to them saying there is nothing that you can do, but not taking a few minutes to update an address during the TWO DAYS BEFORE A PACKAGE SHIPS, then you're just not doing your jobs.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

atdilts wrote:fine. not 5 days. but more than 2. the package shipped today, and according to the email I got in my inbox a few minutes ago, it's heading to a city I no longer live in. because after repeated attempts to contact support, after opening 3 cases with service, nobody can change a shipping address for two full days before it goes to the wrong place.

if you can't support your service, then you don't have a service. if your stock reply isn't to ignore my emails, but to respond to them saying there is nothing that you can do, but not taking a few minutes to update an address during the TWO DAYS BEFORE A PACKAGE SHIPS, then you're just not doing your jobs.

I'm not a customer service agent but I'll try to explain. In most cases these days, our orders are processed quickly and sometimes several times during the day. If you chose to expedite your order, it's processed immediately.

Processing means that the label is printed or sent to the shipping facility for printing. It's combined in with hundreds of other orders. To find your order (and others with such requests) just isn't feasible at that point.

Customer service will work with you though to get the item returned. We're sorry for the inconvenience but it is one of the downsides of faster shipping.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

atdilts

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm not a customer service agent but I'll try to explain. In most cases these days, our orders are processed quickly and sometimes several times during the day. If you chose to expedite your order, it's processed immediately.

Processing means that the label is printed or sent to the shipping facility for printing. It's combined in with hundreds of other orders. To find your order (and others with such requests) just isn't feasible at that point.

Customer service will work with you though to get the item returned. We're sorry for the inconvenience but it is one of the downsides of faster shipping.

I appreciate the response... and I appreciate the difficulty of managing mass shipping logistics.

but I want to be clear: I made a mistake. I didn't double check the address, but I caught my mistake immediately, and contacted service, immediately. And I got nothing but canned responses about it being impossible, despite the fact that the website continues to ask customers to contact service if there are mistakes. but what's the point? If you have a logistics setup that is impossible to alter, then you are building in customer service failures into your model rather than trying to actually serve customers. that's maddening, frustrating, and reveals what woot thinks about its customers: merely part of the acceptable failure thresholds for logistics.

I'll be interested to see how service helps me to return the package and get my product... given that they can't even TRY to correct the mistake, it doesn't give me any reason to hope that the rest of this process will be any better.

but thank you sincerely for responding. the forums are clearly a more responsive location for support than the service email.

ThunderThighs

Staff

atdilts wrote:I appreciate the response... and I appreciate the difficulty of managing mass shipping logistics.

but I want to be clear: I made a mistake. I didn't double check the address, but I caught my mistake immediately, and contacted service, immediately. And I got nothing but canned responses about it being impossible, despite the fact that the website continues to ask customers to contact service if there are mistakes. but what's the point? If you have a logistics setup that is impossible to alter, then you are building in customer service failures into your model rather than trying to actually serve customers. that's maddening, frustrating, and reveals what woot thinks about its customers: merely part of the acceptable failure thresholds for logistics.

I'll be interested to see how service helps me to return the package and get my product... given that they can't even TRY to correct the mistake, it doesn't give me any reason to hope that the rest of this process will be any better.

but thank you sincerely for responding. the forums are clearly a more responsive location for support than the service email.

Thanks for clarifying. Right now, we still cancel orders manually. That means all emails get answered in the order they were received. Unfortunately, that means that when they get to your request, it may indeed be too late. Believe me, if they could make the change, they would. It's easier on everyone that way.

Our system definitely isn't perfect and we're continuing to make improvements.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rmzalbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmzalbar
ThunderThighs wrote:Thanks for clarifying. Right now, we still cancel orders manually. That means all emails get answered in the order they were received. Unfortunately, that means that when they get to your request, it may indeed be too late. Believe me, if they could make the change, they would. It's easier on everyone that way.

Our system definitely isn't perfect and we're continuing to make improvements.

I just fell victim to this too. I placed my order, then saw the shipping address is wrong. I immediately used the cancel button. I received an email saying they won't be able to cancel my order as it shipped too fast. They said no problem, I can simply return the unopened item.

Well, the problem is that the item is shipping to a destination that will do its best to ensure that I never get near the item to return it. If the order cancellation button can't automatically update the order status, and order cancellations can't be manually processed, then why not just remove it entirely and change your policy to reflect this?

atdilts

rmzalbar wrote:

Well, the problem is that the item is shipping to a destination that will do its best to ensure that I never get near the item to return it. If the order cancellation button can't automatically update the order status, and order cancellations can't be manually processed, then why not just remove it entirely and change your policy to reflect this?

well said.

I've reconciled my self to the fact that I'll never see the item, never get my money back, and NEVER use woot again.

atdilts

additionally, it is entirely possible for woot to ask UPS to redirect the item. this is an option with nearly any corporate UPS account. Will woot consider doing this to save themselves the trouble of having to do a reship later?

I've been watching my UPS tracking info online, hoping that nobody will sign for the package and it will head back to woot. I can't have UPS redirect the package becuase, not actually being in that city, I don't have the InfoNotice number from the slip they leave behind.

but.... woot could simply log into UPS, and redirect the package to the address that I've provided them several times now...

atdilts

aannnnndd.... NOW woot refuses to update the shipping address through UPS because of the woot-off? really? damn.

So, I finally call UPS, which doesn't let receivers change the shipping address on a package unless you have the little slip they leave at the door, and I tell them how woot refuses to do anything about this, or contact UPS themselves to update the address, and they are so floored by how stupid woot is being that they agree to let me update the address and fix the problem. This is what a professional company looks like.

so. thanks for nothing. ya'll can expect a compliant filed with the BBB and the state's attorney general's office of Texas.

DennisWKam

Staff

atdilts wrote:aannnnndd.... NOW woot refuses to update the shipping address through UPS because of the woot-off? really? damn.

So, I finally call UPS, which doesn't let receivers change the shipping address on a package unless you have the little slip they leave at the door, and I tell them how woot refuses to do anything about this, or contact UPS themselves to update the address, and they are so floored by how stupid woot is being that they agree to let me update the address and fix the problem. This is what a professional company looks like.

so. thanks for nothing. ya'll can expect a compliant filed with the BBB and the state's attorney general's office of Texas.

Sorry for the issues. Well, it's not that we are unable to update the address because of the Woot-Off, rather we offered to send a replacement if we have any left in stock after the Woot-Off is over.

We're glad UPS made an exception for you. Unfortunately, they do not extend that same courtesy to us when we request the address change with them.

We're usually happy and able to help you out, but your order was shipped with a partner warehouse and we're not technically the shipper, so they won't let us change the address.

Sorry again.

atdilts

DennisWKam wrote:
We're usually happy and able to help you out, but your order was shipped with a partner warehouse and we're not technically the shipper, so they won't let us change the address.

Sorry again.

thank you for the clarification.

plpitto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plpitto

Well after reading all of the posts and everyone seems to be get nowhere I think I will give them about a week to respond to me and then I will start a fraud case with my credit card company. I thought this site was fun and I enjoyed buying stuff here but not if it becomes a nightmare.

DennisWKam

Staff

plpitto wrote:Well after reading all of the posts and everyone seems to be get nowhere I think I will give them about a week to respond to me and then I will start a fraud case with my credit card company. I thought this site was fun and I enjoyed buying stuff here but not if it becomes a nightmare.

Hey there. I'm not seeing any emails from you yet, but we would be happy to help. What issues are you having exactly?

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
atdilts wrote:placed an order this morning, and realized immediately that my shipping address was incorrect (that was my fault... I've moved since I last ordered a woot and wasn't paying close enough attention).

I've done this - recently. My solution (I guessed that service wouldn't be able to catch in time) was to call the carrier with my tracking number and talk to them. They fixed my delivery address and got my stuff to me on time. I don't know if that will work for everyone, but it did work for me.

plpitto

First e-mail: These candles came damaged…..that’s not even the right description. They look like they were drop kicked by a rodeo bull. Please see attached pictures. Thanks.

Second E-mail:I received these candles in the mail and they are all broken. Please advise me of the next step to take to get replacements. This is the 3rd set that I have bought and the first time I have had a problem. Thanks.

Soooo....

All I want are my candles in one piece and I'm praying that besides the ones I bought, that the other sets that I made two girls at work buy arrive unharmed otherwise I will feel pretty stupid.

plpitto

First e-mail: These candles came damaged…..that’s not even the right description. They look like they were drop kicked by a rodeo bull. Please see attached pictures. Thanks.

Second E-mail:I received these candles in the mail and they are all broken. Please advise me of the next step to take to get replacements. This is the 3rd set that I have bought and the first time I have had a problem. Thanks.

Soooo....

All I want are my candles in one piece and I'm praying that besides the ones I bought, that the other sets that I made two girls at work buy arrive unharmed otherwise I will feel pretty stupid.

plpitto

DennisWKam wrote:Hey there. I'm not seeing any emails from you yet, but we would be happy to help. What issues are you having exactly?

Special thanks to Tyler. Problem resolved! Back to blowing money on stuff I don't really need.

fluttersby8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluttersby8

I don't understand why you even bother having a service email address, since apparently this is the only way to get someone to talk with you. I sent an email a week ago, waited three days for a two-second response ("Are you sure your neighbors don't have it?" Umm, seriously?). I responded nicely and thoroughly, and have since been ignored, despite two more emails I've sent to follow up.

I realize that emails are answered in order, but when you start with an inadequate and useless response, then don't bother to continue the support, it shows a distinct lack of concern for your customers and the quality of your service.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
plpitto wrote:Special thanks to Tyler. Problem resolved! Back to blowing money on stuff I don't really need.

Hurray!

I'm just hanging out, really.

DennisWKam

Staff

fluttersby8 wrote:I don't understand why you even bother having a service email address, since apparently this is the only way to get someone to talk with you. I sent an email a week ago, waited three days for a two-second response ("Are you sure your neighbors don't have it?" Umm, seriously?). I responded nicely and thoroughly, and have since been ignored, despite two more emails I've sent to follow up.

I realize that emails are answered in order, but when you start with an inadequate and useless response, then don't bother to continue the support, it shows a distinct lack of concern for your customers and the quality of your service.

Sorry you haven't heard back from us. After some digging, I found your emails caught up in our spam. We'll get a replacement sent to you ASAP.

Sorry again.

fluttersby8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluttersby8
DennisWKam wrote:Sorry you haven't heard back from us. After some digging, I found your emails caught up in our spam. We'll get a replacement sent to you ASAP.

Sorry again.

Thank you. If at all possible, please send it USPS so we don't run in to the same problem.

susannepaper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susannepaper

How can I return an item?
Can I refuse the item from FedEx?
What is the procedure to return an item.
I'm expecting delivery today.

ThunderThighs

Staff

susannepaper wrote:How can I return an item?
Can I refuse the item from FedEx?
What is the procedure to return an item.
I'm expecting delivery today.

Yes, you can refuse the item although sometimes the drivers can be a bit testy about this.

Once the item is back to us, the refund will be issued.

Or you can email service@woot.com for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR

mikekansa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikekansa

I bought one of these.

http://moofi.woot.com/offers/apple-32gb-ipod-touch-current-gen-5

It wouldn't charge (at all).

Sent it back with their return label. According to CS rep was received by Woot on 8/8 (13 business days ago). Have been reaching out to service@woot for a week now with no response from anyone.

If this was a $20 purchase, no big deal, but it was $220.

Anyone got a contact number for them?

I've spend a fair amount of $$ with woot over the years, this is the first time they've screwed up for me. Just hope it gets resolved soon.

Mike

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mikekansa wrote:I bought one of these.

Sent it back with their return label. According to CS rep was received by Woot on 8/8 (13 business days ago). Have been reaching out to service@woot for a week now with no response from anyone.

I've spend a fair amount of $$ with woot over the years, this is the first time they've screwed up for me. Just hope it gets resolved soon.

Mike

Might want to check your spam folders just in case, but we've alerted them to keep an eye out for your issue.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
mikekansa wrote:I bought one of these.

Mike

Sorry for the delay. I wasn't able to locate any emails from you after confirming the delivery on 8/13. Regardless, the refund has been issued and you should see it reflected in a few business days. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

gforce12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gforce12

Not sure if my emails are going through, haven't got an answer in over 24 hours. Tried to follow up but not even getting the auto emails. My package has been "out for delivery" since the 24th, and the post office does not know where it is.

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
gforce12 wrote:Not sure if my emails are going through, haven't got an answer in over 24 hours. Tried to follow up but not even getting the auto emails. My package has been "out for delivery" since the 24th, and the post office does not know where it is.

Sorry for the communication delay. It looks like your emails were stuck in our system.
It is not uncommon for packages shipped SmartPost to appear 'stuck' in transit for up to 10 business days without being lost. I know you're excited to receive the item, but please allow some more time for delivery. If nothing shows up by Monday, we can assist with a replacement or a refund for the missing package as desired.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

gforce12

kkshields wrote:Sorry for the communication delay. It looks like your emails were stuck in our system.
It is not uncommon for packages shipped SmartPost to appear 'stuck' in transit for up to 10 business days without being lost. I know you're excited to receive the item, but please allow some more time for delivery. If nothing shows up by Monday, we can assist with a replacement or a refund for the missing package as desired.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Eww, 10 days seems excessive when it arrived at my local post office (USPS) on Saturday, which happens to be down the street from me. I have never had anything take more then 1 day to me after getting to the post office.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
gforce12 wrote:Eww, 10 days seems excessive when it arrived at my local post office (USPS) on Saturday, which happens to be down the street from me. I have never had anything take more then 1 day to me after getting to the post office.

In that case, I would call your Post Office and see if something happened there. (Our post office is incompetent enough that this happens to me 25% of the time they have a package for us.)

alexmlilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexmlilly

I made the same mistake someone earlier in this page did. I ordered the Haier 32" tv off of http://tech.woot.com/ earlier today and realized I haven't changed my shipping address from when I moved last month. I updated the shipping address on my account and emailed service@woot.com with the info and my order #. I then decided to request for cancellation and i repurchased the TV to the new address. Will this work or did I just pay $360 for one TV?

EDIT: so i received an email back from service@woot.com in less than 3 hours, impressive. not impressive is that the order shipped already and i now have two TVs going to 2 different locations. If a TV is refused at the door/returned to sender, will i be refunded my money once woot receives it?

ThunderThighs

Staff

alexmlilly wrote:I made the same mistake someone earlier in this page did. I ordered the Haier 32" tv off of http://tech.woot.com/ earlier today and realized I haven't changed my shipping address from when I moved last month. I updated the shipping address on my account and emailed service@woot.com with the info and my order #. I then decided to request for cancellation and i repurchased the TV to the new address. Will this work or did I just pay $360 for one TV?

EDIT: so i received an email back from service@woot.com in less than 3 hours, impressive. not impressive is that the order shipped already and i now have two TVs going to 2 different locations. If a TV is refused at the door/returned to sender, will i be refunded my money once woot receives it?

Yes, it ill be refunded. It will go back to the vendor and they have to notify us of the return. If you don't hear anything back, be sure to email service@woot.com to check into it.

FORUM MODERATOR

gforce12

kkshields wrote:Sorry for the communication delay. It looks like your emails were stuck in our system.

Direct emailed and used the form this morning a couple of hours ago. I am assuming that these got stuck as well, I didn't get a bounceback.

gforce12

Can any staff comment on the issue with emails not being received. Seems like emailing service@woot doesn't work like it should, even tried with a different email address. Wish there was a # to call.

ThunderThighs

Staff

gforce12 wrote:Can any staff comment on the issue with emails not being received. Seems like emailing service@woot doesn't work like it should, even tried with a different email address. Wish there was a # to call.

You should get a automatic reply pretty quick after sending an email to service@woot.com. If you don't get this, it's not getting through for some reason.

You can also use the Write-Us form if you think we're not getting your email.

You should allow 24-48 hours for a response. They answer emails in the order they are received. Mondays and the day after holidays & woot-offs are always busy so response could take a bit longer.

Hope this helps!

FORUM MODERATOR