mingmingxu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mingmingxu

Haven't made a purchase for a couple years now. But woot is still one of my top website to check. just reading the description and listen to the woot cast would often make my day. Keep it up woot!

Bigfoot365

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigfoot365

Present

Bigfoot365

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigfoot365

Charter member here - has it really been that long?

robofunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robofunk

yes yes yes!

deta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deta

I haven't posted in quite sometime, but continue to shop and frequent woot!

Not too many things have changed, but have to say.... it sure was easier getting the Bandolier of Carrots when there were less of you here llo. I still have my flying monkeys and paper pucks

EKPC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EKPC

I'm back. Jumped on today's Sandisk Clip 2GB MP3 Player woot deal.

IMBigWillie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IMBigWillie

I never got the email either... and I believe I met the criteria.. I tried the coupon code and it does not work for me.

Noirish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Noirish
EKPC wrote:I'm back. Jumped on today's Sandisk Clip 2GB MP3 Player woot deal.

i bought something with the coupon on 10/28, it's basically free.
i got nothing after 3 weeks though.

l1quid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages l1quid

Charter member reporting in

earnold25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earnold25

As always, I'm late to the party, but I still made it.

garsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garsh

I tried using the coupon code today (HEREFIRST), but it didn't work.

I posted to this thread in a timely manner:
http://www.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2506171&PageIndex=13&ReplyCount=2089#post2507625

I've got the "charter member" certificate.

What gives?

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

i want a coup!!! Hook me up woot! :D

I once ate a cricket.

belsonc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages belsonc
waacodemon wrote:i want a coup!!! Hook me up woot! :D

...did you read the first post in this thread?

pjunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjunk

comment

Matthew B

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matthew B

I read this post and immediately felt inflated with importance. What a nice and peculiar feeling...now if I can plug the leaks.

Seeing as I've been a member since before our esteemed colleague, "Wootbot," I venture to say my charter status is semi-solidified, sort-of-permanent, wet cemented, etc.

What a nice day it is, and sort of sunny too. No, that's my USB light shining...but, er...

drozek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drozek

maybe this code will still work for me

dcrulz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcrulz

yay charter members! I wonder if the $10 coupon still works...

Excelsior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Excelsior

Man, I didn't end up buying a ton from woot but I got a decent number of great deals.

Good way to run a company!

greenglobus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenglobus

it would be nice to be able to check when i joined woot, without having to actually post. w/e it forces some socialness from me

gthacker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gthacker

Charter member reporting in late... I guess it would do me some good to occasionally look at something besides the main page ;)

I still have my certificate and the woot! t-shirt I purchased with the code.

I also still have a couple of bottles of the Woot! Rinfrescante with the cupid(?) dancing on the F5 key. Good Times.

Charter Member - 8/10/2004!

rek004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rek004

I love this site!!! And free t-shirts!!!

dharr18

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dharr18

How did I miss this. November 2004 here. It is hard to believe I was an early member and missed this post...I suck!

Bucs Trade Winds

Wooting since 2004.

EricSplaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EricSplaver

Well it took me over a year to remember my original woot credentials!

I got 'em now!!!!!!!!!!!

mrredskin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrredskin

yay!

kos10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kos10

WHO GIVES A WOOT???? I give a WOOT!

froppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages froppy

So... can I still get that coupon?

I was definitely an original... I got the first 3 bags of scaffolding... still have a bunch of the scaffolding in a drawer!

Anyway, hoping this will work!

<3 w00t!

ndeans

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndeans

I guess I just don't surf the forums enough to realize this stuff. I've been around a while and I didn't remember getting a Certificate or even what my number is. I can tell you I have bought alot of stuff. My little black box Says I have bought 112 woots, actually it's more like 115 Since I bought my Infocus DLP on my wife's account so We could use the Amex in her name.

Anyhoo, any woot staff out there care to tell me what my customer number is? It says I joind in October 2004, I know I lurked and didn't buy until December.

I have too many woots to list.

500 Chars. doesn't cut it w00t.

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
ndeans wrote:I guess I just don't surf the forums enough to realize this stuff. I've been around a while and I didn't remember getting a Certificate or even what my number is. I can tell you I have bought alot of stuff. My little black box Says I have bought 112 woots, actually it's more like 115 Since I bought my Infocus DLP on my wife's account so We could use the Amex in her name.

Anyhoo, any woot staff out there care to tell me what my customer number is? It says I joind in October 2004, I know I lurked and didn't buy until December.

when you hover over the send message function by member names in the forum, you can see your user number - this is by sign up sequence, not order of any purchase made.

26609 is yours

Charter certificates were sent out to the first 5,000 accounts that *purchased*, so this sign up sequence number is not a measure of that qualification. Moving forward, it's easy to consider all 2004 purchasers charter members though.

Thanks for all you've done!

slasater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slasater

I have no idea if I am a charter member I joined in 2005 and found the site in a email from my internet provider SBC now AT&T.

They had a list of a couple of cool sites. I was hooked from day one. But I still have never gotten a baby of the cosmos. For a while I would sit at my computer each night and wait for the clock to change and than I would punce but I never got it. I have given up. Has anyone ever got one ?> and what did you get ?

Kenneth lasater

odragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages odragon

I was here on day one and have checked in every day. Woot is fun!

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

Hey, I finally found my certificate. I'd given up, assuming I must have gotten rid of it, and only unearthed it now while looking for something else. Charter Member 0000173!

tmp123

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tmp123

I'm still around. I have my charter member certificate somewhere. It used to be on my cork board, but I've moved and haven't finished unpacking.

mcmc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcmc

Man! Just found this thread. I had my old 2004 email address on my account which I only recently changed (doh).

My first Woot was a Boggy Old Creature. In fact I got in on the first three Boggy Old Creature's. Much better odds in those days than the madcap rush nowadays.

I do remember getting the Charter Member cert. That was a riot. And the Charter Member t-shirt. I think I gave that away, probably to someone who didn't really appreciate it for what it really was =)

I tried to use the $5 free shipping coupon too (pinkflamingobarf) but could never get it to work. Oh, well.

Is it too late to still get the 'charter member' benefits? =D

One thing is that I never thought things would take off like this. Another is that, overall the prices of the Woot deals seem to have gone up a bit. Used to be some really crazy, good deals on Woot. Not as much these days I feel like. Has the overstocked/liquidated electronics market gotten a little oversaturated?

Woot was the OG deal-a-day though, and it's pretty interesting how it all began. I bet some b-schools would learn a lot if they made a case study of you guys.

bound008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bound008

my account email was old when you guys sent out those certificates.... how do i know what member number i am... i know i was in the first 5000 since i got the discount

rhyno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhyno

Straggling in here *very* late after checking an ancient email account. But I'm here. Too late to activate the special offer? =-)

meestergud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages meestergud

Man, I wish someone had told me about Woot a few months earlier. I remember first reading about the site in some internet journalist's "sites to check out" section. It was love @ first site.

MeesterGud

trifenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trifenix
meestergud wrote:Man, I wish someone had told me about Woot a few months earlier. I remember first reading about the site in some internet journalist's "sites to check out" section. It was love @ first site.

oh snap! im one of the old school peepz. me and my roomies back in college were like what is this website? yet to get in on the elusive Bowl of Cereal lol. one of these days!

i dunno where my certificate was but i remember my $5 code was donkey..something. that made me laugh!

fongj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fongj

woohoo! we finally get our $10 coupon codes!

darthwarden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthwarden

Indeed! I got the coupon also. Amazing.

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster

Thanks to dave bug, a reporting user and the dev team for noting that we missed some qualifying users in our previous scans and closing the circle. And thanks again, Charter Members!