pilot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pilot

I got mine too! Thanks Snapster/Woot!

Dorkmaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Dorkmaster

I don't qualify (I swear I was around then, though!) because I didn't buy anything for a couple months, but yeah, January 2006 here. Been loving woot for a while and always telling friends. Love the site!

Hey, you guys gonna ever go IPO and let us buy stock? That would rock. Although stock.woot.com could get messy.

mjvaughn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mjvaughn
Snapster wrote:when you hover over the send message function by member names in the forum, you can see your user number - this is by sign up sequence, not order of any purchase made.

26609 is yours

Charter certificates were sent out to the first 5,000 accounts that *purchased*, so this sign up sequence number is not a measure of that qualification. Moving forward, it's easy to consider all 2004 purchasers charter members though.

Thanks for all you've done!

I guess I'm a charter member after all? December 24, 2004. What do I win?

Bazinga!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
mjvaughn wrote:I guess I'm a charter member after all? December 24, 2004. What do I win?

I joined four days before you and wasn't considered a charter member when they were handing out certificates and coupons. The first 5,000. And I was 55,000 something. *sniff*

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

mjvaughn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mjvaughn
pooflady wrote:I joined four days before you and wasn't considered a charter member when they were handing out certificates and coupons. The first 5,000. And I was 55,000 something. *sniff*

"Moving forward, it's easy to consider all 2004 purchasers charter members though."

I was just going by that. No certificate here or anything.

Bazinga!

james_hardiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages james_hardiman

I don't come to the Community often, but I figured I'd throw my ID in for the heck of it. I'm a charter member and have the certificate around here somewhere (though I'm a few years late for the coupon code). My first purchase were three Kensington FlyFan™ USB Fans on Aug 4th, 2004.

jimmybwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmybwoot

Wow, a two year old thread and I am actually adding to it!

I joined in 2005; just missed the charter club. I have definitely made up for my lateness by going for quantity. Over 100 Woots to date!

Thanks Woot!

JT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JT

So a mere 2+ years later I find this thread. And I'm bummed----I never got my certificate!!! C'mon, can you resend it to me----PLEASE? At the least I'd love to know my member number.

spillage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spillage

Getting ready to put the housse on the market and cleaning/packing up... and what do I find? My Woot! charter member certificate!

#0000561 Checking in!

Woot!

jasonlkska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonlkska

#908 here. Got my cert sitting right next to me on the desk.

Woot is the roxorz!

evilg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilg

woot! sold out!!! There's an original Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! for ya!!

fatwalleter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatwalleter

Just Saw Woot at CES 2013. Man, I need to find my Certificate. Moved 3 times since 2004. Wonder if Woot will send out more... I'd pay for a reprint...

jekco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jekco

Sigh, I was just wondering about when I became a member... I guess in the top 10K then.. I want a certificate

My first purchase was:
Sep 28, 2004

Woots: 248

# 7 Shirt.woots
# 8 Kids.woots
# 17 Wine.woots
# 120 Woots

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
jekco wrote:Sigh, I was just wondering about when I became a member... I guess in the top 10K then.. I want a certificate

My first purchase was:
Sep 28, 2004

Woots: 248

Actually, your account number is 12755. Hover the cursor over the envelope and look at the bottom of the screen. The last numbers there are your ID.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

zuki ryder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuki ryder

Charter member here. Wow I guess I’m late to this thread. Really late.
Edit: I did that envelop thing and I’m not in the 5000 range, but I got a certificate stating I was a charter member?

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
zuki ryder wrote:Charter member here. Wow I guess I’m late to this thread. Really late.
Edit: I did that envelop thing and I’m not in the 5000 range, but I got a certificate stating I was a charter member?

I was pleasantly surprised to see this on the main list again.

zuki ryder, my charter member and forum id don't line up either. I wonder if a staffer could fill us in on why that is?

THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR MANHANDSHA'S BADGE

FrostByte

I realize I don't have the authority to proclaim a holiday, but I'm going to personally mark August 15 as Charter Member Reunion on my calendar (set to recur annually) to remind myself to come back here annually (if not sooner) to check in with the other charter members.

Hope to see some of you then!

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

I wish I was a charter member :'(

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

FrostByte

FrostByte wrote:I realize I don't have the authority to proclaim a holiday, but I'm going to personally mark August 15 as Charter Member Reunion on my calendar (set to recur annually) to remind myself to come back here annually (if not sooner) to check in with the other charter members.

Hope to see some of you then!

Well, I saw it in my calendar, and wanted to spend more than a second here, so I decided I'd click through later.

Unfortunately the day got away from me, and now, I'm here wishing everyone a Happy Belated Charter Member Reunion Day. Maybe I'll do better next year!

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
FrostByte wrote:Well, I saw it in my calendar, and wanted to spend more than a second here, so I decided I'd click through later.

Unfortunately the day got away from me, and now, I'm here wishing everyone a Happy Belated Charter Member Reunion Day. Maybe I'll do better next year!

It looks like you didn't miss much, as I didn't see any charter members post about the reunion anyways.