quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - Saving Woot prices for decades to come
------------------------------------------------------------
Vornado 615L Hi Velocity Fan
$39.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:
- 1 Vornado 615L 3 Speed Hi Velocity Floor Fan

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

uski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post - Manually-optimized searches for relevant results

New Vornado 615L Hi Velocity Fan, for $39.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Vornado 615L 3 Speed Hi Velocity Floor Fan

What do you want to do ?

Krrose27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Krrose27

dude this thing blasts the air... Really powerfull..

In for one.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Some other Vornado fans on Amazon to compare to boost confidence. Not a lot of reviews though...
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Vornado+Floor+Fan&x=0&y=0

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

applepielicious

quality posts: 3 Private Messages applepielicious

Anyone ever used this fan before? Is it loud? I'm looking for a nice strong fan when its not hot enough for air conditioner.

Don't hate me cuz I'm adorable...hate me cuz I'm younger than you!

W_in_04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages W_in_04

got one and I LOVE it...it really moves the air and is fairly quiet for the amount of air it moves.

rawimpact

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rawimpact

what the... after summer?

kyrnzkewl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kyrnzkewl

for their size, Vornado fans pack a punch!

Piratesmoker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Piratesmoker

Is it really "whisper quiet"?

soularmor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soularmor
iceui wrote:Is this a really powerful fan?

Yes. My friend has one and has had it for 15 years. It's powerful and used a lot

Spacemonkey6401

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Spacemonkey6401

If I read the description right, I don't get a remote. If I'm spending $45 on a fan, I want a remote. I don't care if it just turns it on or off.

michelson45

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michelson45

Notice Oregon is well represented. Wonder if the 100 degree day today in Portland is the reason? (It was for me!)

Craig

Hokiepoker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hokiepoker

Vornado Air Circulation Vornado 615L Hi Velocity Stand Fan White
The Vornado air circulator uses signature vortex technology to fully circulate all the air in the room Ideal for small to mid-size rooms, such as a be... Read more at Amazon In stock Get free shipping on orders over $25!

1,589 store reviews

Trusted store

$89.83
No Tax NY
Includes shipping: $9.84

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh
Jumpingjesus wrote:This blows

Hehe. Great.

For real though, I'm in Hell (aka South Texas) and I need some air circulation in my apartment...anybody really know if this is worth its weight in carp?

omega31

quality posts: 6 Private Messages omega31

I have a Vornado set at low right beside my bed each night during hot Southern California summer nights, and I can barely hear it. I tried a different fan (a Honeywell) before I got my Vornado, and it kept me up at night.

verbisactionword

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verbisactionword
sugarqueen2k2 wrote:In case anyone asks - no, you cannot plug the fan into the Dazzle. Fans don't have analog video outputs.

HAH. Love it. I'm in for 1, this thing is 80 bucks on Amazon and I'm gonna need a good fan for school sans air conditioner.

"If your mother says she loves you...check it out."
-Journalism Proverb

Free800

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Free800

I have two of the tabletop fans by Vornado. They are powerful and not too loud, much quieter than a box fan and easier to aim. Reliable, sturdy, and the casing can be opened up for cleaning with a brush.

The compact version I have is small enough to pack in the car along with my luggage on a road trip. I don't need a floor model in addition to all the fans I now have.

jesterman23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesterman23

Vornado, is BY FAR, the BEST fan in the world! I was walking through the store and felt a strong wind and I was like "double-you-tee-eff?" Little did I know, the next aisle over was the fan aisle, and I was like NO WAY! There's no way this much wind could be coming from this little fan! Well, I was wrong. I was sold... until I looked at the price tag. This fan was 80 bucks!!!

THANKS WOOT! I'm definitely in for 1!!!

ich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ich

I will get this to replace my guaranteed-to-break in coming months Honeywell fan.

less thinking, more clicking.

akrasian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages akrasian

I had a vornado. Maybe it was defective - but quiet is not the term I would have used for it.

SaritaBeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth

ah woot, you do love me so, don't you? you like, have been reading my mind. hmmm, or perhaps you have slipped some sort of lurking device in with one of my last orders and know just what I need. Moving to Mexico in 2 weeks, this is PERFECT! now I just have to decide how many to buy XD

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

geddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geddy

where's the Wootcast ?!?

Guess there was enough wind moving around on it yesterday....

"We are here on earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different."
— Kurt Vonnegut

MichaelSF

quality posts: 92 Private Messages MichaelSF
jesterman23 wrote:Vornado, is BY FAR, the BEST fan in the world! I was walking through the store and felt a strong wind and I was like "double-you-tee-eff?" Little did I know, the next aisle over was the fan aisle, and I was like NO WAY! There's no way this much wind could be coming from this little fan! Well, I was wrong. I was sold... until I looked at the price tag. This fan was 80 bucks!!!

THANKS WOOT! I'm definitely in for 1!!!

In for 1? Be a man and get 3.

darost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darost

For that kind of money, it should be remote controled. Needs to be alot cheaper woot

Palin Scmalin

cay13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cay13

OK....It's the middle of summer and the largest wooters are north! I don't get it!

hot chili

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hot chili

In for two. Owned one for the last 5 years that still works perfect. Was planning to buy a couple more anyway. This price is less than half of the best retail store.

geddy

cay13 wrote:OK....It's the middle of summer and the largest wooters are north! I don't get it!

they're getting the jump on global warming

"We are here on earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different."
— Kurt Vonnegut

1tab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1tab

these are sweet for growrooms. In 4 1

WOOT DAMAGE $6,723.25

insmdos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insmdos

Anyone know how tall this fan is? I need a short fan.

sll0037

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sll0037

How quiet is this fan?

I'm considering purchasing this unit for my bedroom with the sole purpose of using it to cool the components to my home theater system. The AV Receiver, PS3, Cable Box, and LCD give off a good amount of heat.

While it's not going to damage them in my open air AV Rack, I'd like to use this fan to cool those components and circulate the air coming in from the AC.

Problem is that I really don't want anything remotely loud since that would diminish my home theater experience.

Anyone with first hand input on this unit?

geddy

insmdos wrote:Anyone know how tall this fan is? I need a short fan.

34"

http://www.vornado.com/products/circulators/specs/615l.htm

— Kurt Vonnegut

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma
michelson45 wrote:Notice Oregon is well represented. Wonder if the 100 degree day today in Portland is the reason? (It was for me!)

Me too! (Gresham)

aparow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aparow

Arizona representin' It's always summer here!

sbogden

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbogden
michelson45 wrote:Notice Oregon is well represented. Wonder if the 100 degree day today in Portland is the reason? (It was for me!)

Could've used this today in Hillsboro...oh well, I got one for next years heat wave.

Bondo99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bondo99

Good at a Great price, IN

RyogaHibiki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RyogaHibiki
soularmor wrote:Yes. My friend has one and has had it for 15 years. It's powerful and used a lot

My local Fry's has these on sale occasionally and the research I've done on them shows that the Vornados used to be made in the USA and thus they used to be built like tanks and were wisper quiet. Now they are built in China and the quality has gone down. They're still pretty good, but nowhere near as good as they used to be.

klynn99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klynn99
insmdos wrote:Anyone know how tall this fan is? I need a short fan.

34 inches tall=2 inches shorter than 3 feet

animegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animegirl

This is exactly what I needed. I try opening windows at night to let the cool air in, but with no wind current the hotness is just stayin put. This fan will totally blast the hot air out the window, and let the cool breeze run through. Thanks Woot!

brossow

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brossow
rawimpact wrote:what the... after summer?

After summer? Don't know where you are, but here in Minnesota I'm looking at temps in the mid-80s for the next week. Summer's still going strong here....

Probably gonna be in for a couple. Just bought a $65 (on sale) fan for my garage yesterday and might just return it if these turn out to be as good as everyone says they are.