WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

  1. TSA confiscates moon tools and helmets at gate
  2. Funds diverted to keeping down the invading lava pterodactyls from below
  3. “Moon landing” soundstage dismantled in 1981
  4. Astronauts worried that Gawker will make fun of their outfits
  5. RIAA claims 80% royalty on any data sent back by radio
  6. Ugly breakup between Harrison Schmitt and Princess Allurina Luna makes things uncomfortable for Earthlings
  7. Nobody at NASA willing to miss the possible release of Duke Nukem Forever
  8. Congress refuses to lift ban on off-world oil drilling
  9. There’s nothing about rockets in The Bible
  10. Issues between Roger Waters and David Gilmour not yet fully resolved
  11. Ever since he saw Superman II, President Bush has been afraid we might run into General Zod
  12. Eh, we’re really more into knitting these days


lymanepp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lymanepp

We get it. You think Bush is dumb. Yawn. Liberals are tedious.

Chris9450


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Chris9450

Got a good laugh out of #7 ::cough::vaporware::cough::

Alfonzo227


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alfonzo227

you're right. he's too easy a target. let us move on to making fun of the next round of politicians.
please don't refute this. while any political standpoint has merits, the man has done some universally stupid things (not his politics. that's debatable. his words are not).

lymanepp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lymanepp

Here's a shocker. Lots of politicians make dumb comments. Even the beloved Bill Clinton, Al Gore and, gasp, Barak Obama. Yawn.

jamesbottomtooth


quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

what does this have to do with the World of Woot

lymanepp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lymanepp

That's my point! Bush-bashing is not relevant to Woot.

wallsg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
lymanepp wrote:That's my point! Bush-bashing is not relevant to Woot.



It would have been far better to leave the last two off and made it a Top 10.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

unusualpsycho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages unusualpsycho

You should remove the word "back" from the title. Kind of hard to return to a place we have never been. Though it is good to see #3 in there.

christopherborne


quality posts: 0 Private Messages christopherborne

Pink Floyd!

schwarzerfuchs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages schwarzerfuchs

I would just like to make it clear.

We totally did go to the moon.

The proof is in the rocks that they brought back from the moon. Nothing like them could exist on earth.

Unless you're like a 50+ year old who still stubbornly believes in the crazy conspiracy theories.

Rgrundner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rgrundner

Can not go when it is no longer there.
Hadron Collider has opps!
Thats not the moon you see, its Geneva, Switzerland.

darthv8r


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
christopherborne wrote:Pink Floyd!


right on


reason #13 NASA really doesn't need to give Micheal Jackson a reason to sue for the infamous "Moon Walk"

maxfun


quality posts: 1 Private Messages maxfun

Yeah, until they prove to me there are some sort of fiber-producing animals up there, I'll stick to my knitting!

adyb1975


quality posts: 1 Private Messages adyb1975

were we ever on the moon? We barely passed the toaster technology...

Need my ΒΟC fix.

woodpiledad


quality posts: 0 Private Messages woodpiledad

I still say "that's no moon..."!

TazGuy37


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TazGuy37

I don't even know why I'm replying to this, but I can't help myself. I find #3 so offensive that it makes me want to launch guys like _you_ to the moon -- just to prove that we did go.

adyb1975


quality posts: 1 Private Messages adyb1975

Reason # 13:

Bush thinks that Irak is closer...

Need my ΒΟC fix.

knipps


quality posts: 0 Private Messages knipps

I don't know why I'm replying to this either but I'm curious where Irak is?

Gutsuo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gutsuo
knipps wrote:I don't know why I'm replying to this either but I'm curious where Irak is?



Why it shares a border with Pakistan of course. That is according to the the new republican hopeful.

..When there is nothing left to burn you must set yourself on fire!!

wallsg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
Gutsuo wrote:Why it shares a border with Pakistan of course. That is according to the the new republican hopeful.



At least it's not one of the 57 States.

Why does liberal hatred have to bring politics into everything? So we both think each others' parties and candidates are lying idiots. Big whoop. Let's drop it.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

saltone


quality posts: 1 Private Messages saltone

You're right, let's talk about something we both can agree on! How stupid the news media is, and how stupid they think we are. I lean left, but I had to laugh at the news story last night. "Meet the woman who defeated Sarah" the story proceeds to interview some woman who is a "budding musician" and defeated Sarah 20+ years ago in the Miss Alaska pageant.

Come on..... Really???? This is what makes news and politics today so pathetic. We have a major storm about to hit Texas, and here is some woman grasping at her 15 minutes. I am so sick of both parties manipulating info, and confusing the voters into voting one way or the other not based on facts. you want to lose my vote? Treat me like I'm stupid.

Salty

"What the hell are we doing fighting government, let's become government and we can then take whatever we want!".
Al Capone

lpphreakx06


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lpphreakx06

yeh bush isnt all that bright

bbendily


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbendily

Of course we went to the moon... at least maybe alice did, i'm sure ralph finally sent her... Bang, zoom, straight to the moon

Riktar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Riktar
adyb1975 wrote:Reason # 13:

Bush thinks that Irak is closer...



Do you mean Iraq? I never heard of Irak.

There is nothing quite as funny as a dumb-ass trying to make fun of another dumb-ass.

rpcarroll


quality posts: 2 Private Messages rpcarroll
unusualpsycho wrote:You should remove the word "back" from the title. Kind of hard to return to a place we have never been. Though it is good to see #3 in there.



I'm researching the correlation between wooters who only purchase random BOCs, and moon landing conspiracy theorists.

Any others out there?

rpcarroll


quality posts: 2 Private Messages rpcarroll
lpphreakx06 wrote:yeh bush isnt all that bright



Yet he has an MBA - from Harvard, no less.

paintballguru140


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paintballguru140
woodpiledad wrote:I still say "that's no moon..."!



win

nitrousoxide52


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52
rpcarroll wrote:Yet he has an MBA - from Harvard, no less.



As does every other trust fund baby and their dog.

mbrodnick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbrodnick

13. THAT's NO MOON

syko82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages syko82

I love how people read this list and immediately think it's "Bush bashing." There is one, maybe two, entries that refer to the president. It's just a fun list, enjoy it for what it is. DNF is not vaporware... yet.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
schwarzerfuchs wrote:I would just like to make it clear.

We totally did go to the moon.

The proof is in the rocks that they brought back from the moon. Nothing like them could exist on earth.

Unless you're like a 50+ year old who still stubbornly believes in the crazy conspiracy theories.



Oh no we didn't...

mndvs737


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mndvs737

We found out that the moon really is made of cheese, and, well, since we're lactose intolerant.....you get the idea.

mostlyharmless22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mostlyharmless22

I think all of those are funny. And, I'm a conservative! Everyone needs to get over themselves politically and just be able to laugh at funny things.

acassius


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acassius

Did you all forget that the moon was nuked in the Simpsons movie?

awc100


quality posts: 3 Private Messages awc100
wallsg wrote:At least it's not one of the 57 States.

Why does liberal hatred have to bring politics into everything? So we both think each others' parties and candidates are lying idiots. Big whoop. Let's drop it.



"LIBERAL HATRED" that's on oxymoron!
just say "OPEN MINDED PREJUDICE" its makes as much sense....

terry13usa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages terry13usa

Unfortunately, we don't have the technology to go to the moon today. Maybe China will show us how to get to the moon.

wallsg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
awc100 wrote:"LIBERAL HATRED" that's on oxymoron!
just say "OPEN MINDED PREJUDICE" its makes as much sense....



I guess I should have capitalized Liberal to make it clear that I'm referring to the political movement on the Left. Since this movement is extremely intolerant of any opposing opinions or points of view, their claiming of the label "liberal" (since abandoned for "Progressive", I believe) is ironic.

Indeed, wouldn't it be grand if everyone were "liberal" in the dictionary sense of the word? Then one wouldn't be accused of being "racist" for saying that they won't vote for Obama, or called "greedy" and "cold-hearted" because one believes that a person should have the right to the proceeds of his labor instead of owing it to others, or called a "Neo-izan red neck" because one owns firearms. (izan had to be spelled backwards because Woot changed it to "Tom".)

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

saltone


quality posts: 1 Private Messages saltone

"I guess I should have capitalized Liberal to make it clear that I'm referring to the political movement on the Left. Since this movement is extremely intolerant of any opposing opinions or points of view, their claiming of the label "liberal" (since abandoned for "Progressive", I believe) is ironic. "

And the Right is just Soooo Tolerant of opposing views. Because I believe the war in Iraq is a mistake I am branded as "un-american" or "pro-terrorist". Because I question the qualifications of a vice presidential candidate (who has a good chance of becoming president) I am labeled sexist.

I don't know when it happened, I blame it partially on talk radio, but the party divide in this country is unbelievable. It breeds a society of hate. Dems hate repubs, and repubs hate dems. No more trying to work together. Everyone now has an us vs them mentality. I work with people that truly believe if Obama is elected that it will be the end of America as we know it. (to be fair, I also know people that believe the same thing if McCain wins)

I am not looking for a love fest, but this "I'm right you're wrong" attitude is what is destroying America as we know it. I hate to inform people, there have been many ups and downs in the US, some while Dems had power and some while repubs had power. And we are still one of the most powerful countries in the world. (financially and militarily). The US will be here in four years no matter who becomes president.

"What the hell are we doing fighting government, let's become government and we can then take whatever we want!".
Al Capone

wallsg


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
saltone wrote:And the Right is just Soooo Tolerant of opposing views. Because I believe the war in Iraq is a mistake I am branded as "un-american" or "pro-terrorist". Because I question the qualifications of a vice presidential candidate (who has a good chance of becoming president) I am labeled sexist.

I don't know when it happened, I blame it partially on talk radio, but the party divide in this country is unbelievable. It breeds a society of hate. Dems hate repubs, and repubs hate dems. No more trying to work together. Everyone now has an us vs them mentality. I work with people that truly believe if Obama is elected that it will be the end of America as we know it. (to be fair, I also know people that believe the same thing if McCain wins)

I am not looking for a love fest, but this "I'm right you're wrong" attitude is what is destroying America as we know it. I hate to inform people, there have been many ups and downs in the US, some while Dems had power and some while repubs had power. And we are still one of the most powerful countries in the world. (financially and militarily). The US will be here in four years no matter who becomes president.



I never said the Right was especially tolerant, but they don't claim to be "Liberal".

Political deadlock is a good thing, BTW. It results in only the things that are truly necessary enough to pass through the grinder being implemented, instead of either side's pipe dreams. Political hatred is not a good thing.

I think the problem predates Talk Radio. I think that Talk Radio became popular because a lot people were sick of being told (by editorial writers, politicians, etc) that they were Wrong and Evil and Bad because they didn't agree with those who buy ink by the barrel or had access to The Mike. When they started hearing people expressing the same opinions and frustrations that they had, and realized that *they* suddenly had access to The Mike, they of course gravitated to the format. Before Talk Radio, the public expression of who was right and who was wrong was a controlled commodity.

My opinion is that what we have today is primarily the logical extension of Class Warfare and Victimhood. The easiest way to unite a disjoint set of people is to manufacture a common enemy (see Hitler, 1984, etc). These related philosophies/strategies both depend on convincing one segment of the population that they are being repressed or cheated by another segment and are therefore owed something that they must take back. (Ross Perot cheated Republicans and we got the Clintons. The Supreme Court cheated Democrats and we got Bush. Yada, yada.) Since this is, of course, self evident, anyone who disagrees is Evil and Bad and must be fought.

Talk Radio has morphed into a forum for those Bad and Evil people to fight back and reinforce their opinions instead of just being rolled by editorials and soft "news" stories designed to promote a particular viewpoint (such as the sob stories of illegal immigrants). People on the Right hear others and know that they *aren't* the only ones who think this way and aren't Bad because they do (as they are told by the Left). Unfortunately, these people hear most of this in the context of "them" attacking "us". Then when the Old Media gets caught trying to pull something (the Bush forgeries October Surprise), there's someone to call them on it. This hardens the positions of each side and prevents either side from gaining a significant advantage, resulting in WW I-style trench warfare.

So, in a way, I guess you could blame Talk Radio.

You know, as I re-read this before posting, I had another thought. One of my best friends is a Liberal (yeah, yeah, but it's true) who I use to work with. I've never "hated" him even though we both sincerely believe that many of each others ideas are completely wrong. We often send news/opinion links to each other to poke at each others beliefs. We know each other and each know that the other is a good person regardless of those beliefs. The problem is that it has now become so easy to anonymously personally attack someone without knowing them. It used to be that for you and I to have this kind of discourse we'd have to meet and talk in a personal context, even if it were by mail or the phone. Now, in the spur of the moment, either one of us could launch a vile, hate-filled public attack on the other with no real repercussions. I have no idea of who "saltone" is and you have no idea who "wallsg" is, so what's lost if we end up hating each other? And since each of us would now have an unfocused hatred of an anonymous person it would be very easy to transfer that hatred to anyone who happened to express some of the same opinions, resulting in a kind of group hatred.

I wish that web sites would require real identifying handles since I believe that while everyone should be able to say anything that they want to (including hatred, but sure, exclude "fire!" in a crowded theater and inciting riots) I don't believe that they have the right to be anonymous while saying it. People tend to be less incendiary when others can see who is spewing the hate.

Personally, I consider myself a conservative libertarian. I believe in a small, limited government (something we'll never have under either major party because the purpose of power and bureaucracy is to perpetuate itself) that interferes minimally in the life of the population (even when doing things that I morally disapprove of). I believe that government should not be involved in coerced "charity" under penalty of law (redistributionist tax policies). I believe that if you want to shoot up or smoke crack or use meth until your head pops off, then fine, but you don't have the right to force me to help you afterward. (I might help you, but it would be from charity and compassion, not obligation.) I completely disagree with the Libertarian Party in enough areas (such as open borders), though, that I don't consider myself a Big-L Libertarian.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over