Quality posts:

Quality Posts

• (12:01 AM, 10/9/2008) hoyanim7 says, I Googled

uski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post - Manually-optimized searches for relevant results

New Westinghouse 37" 1080p HDTV Ready LCD Monitor, for $569.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Westinghouse LVM-37W3SE 37" 1080p HDTV Ready LCD Monitor

Advanced e-mail and SMS alerts on the WooToolbox - The Toolbox for Wooters!

tumbenhaur

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tumbenhaur

I might bite on this 1080p!

EDIT: There's no tuner?!?!?!? Oh man, I dunno anymore

Crap: (2008) 04/01 | (2011) 04/01, 12/06 | (2012) 03/22, 04/26 | (2014) 07/11, 08/15, 09/22, 10/21, 11/13

hoyanim7

quality posts: 73 Private Messages hoyanim7

Hexydes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hexydes

I have two Westinghouses (both 42", one 720p, one 1080p), and both have been fine. Great pictures, a bit short on extras, so as long as you're not looking for anything amazing, they are always a good deal.

dacostaromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dacostaromero

i need one but bigger like 45-50but not so bigger as 65

silen7scope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silen7scope

I have a 42" Westinghouse hdtv, love it.

Anyone have this model? Would be nice for the bedroom.

soderblom

quality posts: 3 Private Messages soderblom

I got this from Costco a year ago at $999. I LOVE IT. No issues at all and gorgeous picture. It does not have a tuner. I use a box and RGB for TV and HDMI for my PS3, so it is fine. For a 1080p I don't see how you can find a better deal than this.

GottaDeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GottaDeal

been using the 42" version for 2.5 years now with no problems

JoeCoolMan24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoeCoolMan24

I wonder if this would have been better than the 32" 720p Plasma Vizio I bought for $550..... Hmmm

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Zeusandhera
arbw090583 wrote:HDTV Ready? No thanks

I often forget what that means.

HDTV Ready vs HDTV

arof

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arof

Falls under the "more TV than monitor" label, but considering most good 24" monitors are about this price and don't usually do quite as well in the TV department, it seems like a pretty good deal.

garroyo2765

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garroyo2765

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i was just abouy to hit the button to buy one of the heater and it changed to the TV!!!!!!!!!! nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose

Whoa... Fantastic deal. These make fantastic PC gaming monitors...

Thefinaleofseem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thefinaleofseem

Hot damn! Wish I was in the market for an HDTV right now. I'd grab this in a heartbeat. Curse money and my lack of it!

And if there's no tuner, I don't give a damn. Most of TV is Manos, the Hands of Fate and I'll download anything I want to see to my HTPC.

rpmfla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpmfla

I've owned one of these for about a year now and feel it is a great buy! I use it primarily as a computer monitor for gaming etc. and I am very happy with it.

lotussama

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotussama

Very tempting I just paid 219 for a 22" WS with no tuner, and am looking for a 47 - 60 with one. Close, but no cigar. Thi is an awesome price for a a 1080p LCDTV.

chet90si

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chet90si

Bought this monitor a few weeks ago for slightly more $$... and I LOVE IT!

Hexydes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hexydes
arbw090583 wrote:HDTV Ready? No thanks

Oooohhhh...didn't catch that. Total deal-breaker. Over-the-air HD is just too nice to not have a tuner on the TV for. What a stupid decision, what do tuners cost, like $7 (for the manufacturer to put in the TV)? This will kill the deal for a lot of people. This is basically a computer monitor at this point (and if used as such, still not a bad deal), and most people don't need a 37" monitor for their computers (I have a 32" for editing HD video and it is perfect). I guess this could be good for a HTPC but...I mean, if you're going to have a TV, it should at least get OTA signals.

mamurphy88

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamurphy88

I just paid about this much for a 32 inch samsung. Sigh. Too little too late woot .

"i want something cute on my shirt, not the mona lisa."

jeward01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeward01

Since it doesn't have a tuner, will it work directly with cable (straight from the wall) or does it require a cable box or DVR tuner?

Secunza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Secunza
garroyo2765 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i was just abouy to hit the button to buy one of the heater and it changed to the TV!!!!!!!!!! nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! your heater will arrive a little bit bigger than you expect. (and a little bit expensive too)

DoomDoomDoom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DoomDoomDoom

Not that I'm complaining, but what is with all of the TVs and monitors as of late, Woot!?

This looks nice, but at 37 inches, 1080p won't do much for TV use. A BIG monitor, this would be alright for, but someone could always get a smaller monitor with better resolution/better dot pitch.

seth06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seth06

How good is this since its just "HD Ready" and no tuner included?

Will HDTV not work like it should with out HD service?

fericko7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fericko7

Can anybody tell me if i can use it for xbox 360? and if i can just hook it up to my comcast cable and enjoy tv?

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett

I own two of these, and they are awesome. There's no tuner, but these make excellent computer monitors and if you've got HD tuner cards in your PC they make fantastic televisions. I use one downstairs for my PC monitor, and one upstairs for a TV. Both play streamed video from my server that has the tuner cards in it.

By the way, the contrast ratio is 1200:1, not 1000:1 as Woot posted on the main page.

If you're looking for something with a built-in ATSC tuner, Costco has the 42" Westinghouse with a tuner for $730 shipped.

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD
seth06 wrote:How good is this since its just "HD Ready" and no tuner included? Will HDTV not work like it should with out HD service?

HD ready simply means that no HD tuner is built in. If you have a digital HD cable tuner box, HD Tivo or HD satellite box, you dont need a built in tuner. This will work great with an Xbox 360, Playstation 3, HD DVD and Blu-Ray players as well.

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

muchosandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muchosandwich

If you have a cable box, the lack of a tuner will not matter. Otherwise you'll need to factor in the cost of an ATSC tuner. The cheapest I've seen is around $150 for something with HDMI outputs.

jaegerlc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaegerlc

A little cheaper at Onsale.com http://www.onsale.com/shop/detail~dpno~7349223~descr~Westinghouse-372+1080p+LCD+HDTV+Monitor+with+5+HD+inputs.aspx but they use UPS which is iffy. Is a tuner really an issue if I have a cable box? I don't think so, unless perhaps I want to record another program. Over the air? Meh

sunny57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sunny57

I'd read through the posts on the August 14th 32" Westinghouse before hitting on this. http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2501108&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=513 Start at page 9 or 10.

awang44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages awang44

Yeah, no tuner kills the deal.

1. Random carp 1
  2. Random carp 3
  3. Sandisk Sansa e270 6GB Media Player with FM Tuner

starjacko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starjacko

Gonna sleep on this one. Sure want it! If its there in the morning, and the stock market is still above 9000, I might just bite

Three-time loser of the coveted "Bandolier Of Carrots" in the March 22-23, 2007 Woot-Off.

Dutchhater

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dutchhater
jaegerlc wrote:A little cheaper at Onsale.com but they use UPS which is iffy. Is a tuner really an issue if I have a cable box? I don't think so, unless perhaps I want to record another program. Over the air? Meh

Might be cheaper but thats before shipping, and there's rebates involved (you have to read the fine print over there). Ive got a comcast hd box and have never used the built in tuner on my HDTV. People may act like a built in tuner is important, but I bet most people have never used theirs.

dbogger

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dbogger

I own two Westinghouse products that I use for TV and computer monitor. I am satisfied and would buy this if I needed it. Don't forget 5 dollar shipping.

polybius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polybius

I have one of these and use it as a computer monitor with the DVI in. Best monitor ever!

incomprehensibly passive

Mike498887

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mike498887

These have really come down in price.
Bought one of these three years ago from Best Buy at twice the price!
Still works well.
If I rememebr correctly the tubes are suppesed to last 60,000 hours.

prosperouscheat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages prosperouscheat

Westinghouse warranty service is terrible. I've been waiting 2 months and counting for an LCD monitor to be fixed or replaced. If you buy this you better hope that it doesn't break.

jwred5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwred5
sunny57 wrote:I'd read through the posts on the August 14th 32" Westinghouse before hitting on this. http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2501108&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=513 Start at page 9 or 10.

Keep in mind, that was a respiffed model. this one is brand spanking new.

Cube9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cube9

So to clarify, no additional components needed to use a PS3 or XBox 360 for this? Thanks in advance

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

Does anyone know the difference between the LVM-37W3 and the LVM-37W3SE?

I have the 37W3 in the bedroom and I love it. Was considering this for the home office.