Pufferfishy

quality posts: 39 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Mine arrived undamaged - hooked it up to my PC via VGA cable - and it can only display 1024x768 correctly - using the recommended 1920x1080 displays, but it only displays the upper right quadrant of a(n apparent virtual) desktop that now makes the start/task bar and left side of the screen inaccessible (and it also appears a small portion of the right side as well). Also note - @ 1024x768 images are distorted (squashed)

Do I need to use DVI (or HDMI) to get the full resolution? I've got a DVI vid card on the way.... In other words - is anyone running this as a PC monitor via VGA @ the recommended res?

If this set can't run over 1024x768 correctly I'm going to be mighty pissed... This was a deal, but it wasn't that good a deal if it means c r a p resolution...

To the first post on page 10 - the XBOX can't do 1080p via component, so it's a moot point...

Edit:
BLARG - it's got to be my PeeCee - I just hooked up my laptop and it is working at 1920x1080 just fine. Well, good news is the new vid card is on the way....

I need to do some tweaking - text looks TERRIBLE on this thing. Eeesh.

Edit again:
Holy c r a p - I used the "auto adjust" feature and AGAIN the display is WAY off and cannot be brought back to center. It's no shock that this thing has "1.0" firmware, because it clearly was not tested at all.....

I think I am officially hating this purchase.....

3rd edit:
AWESOME - it makes noise when I resize a window! zzzZZT! zzzZZZT!!! If I resize a window constantly and say "ByYourCommand" it sounds like there's a Cylon in the room. Hooray for me!

Total shyte.
Looks like my first woot was my worst woot....

You've been put on posting probation for this post

Atran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atran
Pufferfishy wrote:Holy c r a p - I used the "auto adjust" feature and AGAIN the display is WAY off and cannot be brought back to center. It's no shock that this thing has "1.0" firmware, because it clearly was not tested at all.....

You probably already tried this, but have you made sure the picture isn't being stretched by the TV? Default behavior, to the best of my knowledge, is for the picture to be stretched, or what they call "fill", on almost every input, including VGA. Parts of the Xbox 360's dashboard were being cropped off when I set it to 1920x1080, but it wasn't getting cropped at all when it was set to 1280x720, and i couldn't figure out why until I noticed the TV was stretching the pic. Turned it to standard in the menu (with the current input set to VGA), and it looks fine now.

ddegroat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddegroat

Just confirming now that mine was definitely DOA. I'm waiting for a response from Woot. Westinghouse--at least to this point---has not been too bad---at least they answer the phone and seem to have a clear protocol for the steps I have to follow. However, I could just kick myself now for not just driving 5 miles north of my house to our Crutchfield box store and buying an HDTV from them.

timny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timny
dj_leisure wrote:Mine arrived DOA on Friday. Sent email to woot about a replacement TV and woots policy is... talk to Westinghouse! ...and Westinghouses policy is... pay to ship it to us and we'll replace it! Thanks f**kers! I've bought a lot of things from woot in the past, but never realized how terrible their customer service is. Will never purchase from woot again. Thanks again, richard heads!

**EDIT** Okay, so I received a quick response from woot (see below) and they did indeed take care of the shipping problem, so I won't have to pay to ship my monitor back to Westinghouse. Thanks woot! that's the kind of customer service I expected from you! I'm back to wooting!

i contacted westinghouse and recieved my RMA number, but they are requiring me to pay for the monitor to be shipped to them.

i contacted service@woot.com and they said i have to pay for shipping? i feel there were only 2 DOA tvs in this batch and i recieved the other one, yet i have to pay for shipping when it was worked out with westinghose that the other person didn't have to?

someone please let me know because if i knew this "new" tv was going to be doa i could have paid 70 bucks more and just got the tv today and got a better tv. i'm not trying to attack woot, i just don't want to have to pay for this shipping charges when none of this is my fault. and yes i know it's not really woot's fault either. but i just feel i shouldn't pay for this. let me know, i've been waiting so long for this situation to be solved

thanks,

Tim

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 39 Private Messages Pufferfishy
Atran wrote:You probably already tried this, but have you made sure the picture isn't being stretched by the TV?

Hrmm... I /thought/ I looked for all that stuff - but I will decidedly revisit it if the new vid card (and dual-link DVI cable) are of no help.

I feel for you guys that got DOAs - really vacuums the bargain out of this bargain...

You've been put on posting probation for this post

SKAEL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SKAEL

I guess I am stupid, This is certainly not a TV, it is just a monitor, have to add a cable box & with Comcast it is $14.00 per month. This was for a bedroom. WOOT is certainly not the place to buy a TV, $575.00 WAS A HARD LESSON LEARNED.

Inacurate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Inacurate
SKAEL wrote:I guess I am stupid, This is certainly not a TV, it is just a monitor, have to add a cable box & with Comcast it is $14.00 per month. This was for a bedroom. WOOT is certainly not the place to buy a TV, $575.00 WAS A HARD LESSON LEARNED.

Especially since every other post during the time this was up for sale was saying it had no tuner and it was listed as a monitor. So yeah, sorry.

So, you can't single woot as not being the place to buy a TV...since monitors like this, are sold everywhere and are advertised the same exact way. ;)

ddegroat

Ok, so I'm part of the DOA club. Now how did someone (dj_leisure) get Woot to pay for shipping their monitor back? I would like Woot to take care of my shipping too. I have a back injury--so I have to pack up this 62 lb. DOA, lug it to Fed EX, and pay for shipping to El Paso, TX?? Come on Woot. Show some compassion and play fair.

brwilson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brwilson

Yet another member of the DOA club.

Out of the box I had no picture.

Had to pay out the *** to ship it to Westinghouse for the RMA and like others have been told by woot that I must pay the shipping. This is the first company in ten years that did not include shipping in the RMA.

Give the number of DOA on this and other product (been reading past discussing on woot) I plan on taking woot off the list of sites I check and will not buy off woot again.

timny

yea, looks like i'm tired of waiting for anyone to respond to me, i guess i'll pay the extra money to get it fixed or replaced or something. i would have rather just waited till black friday if i knew i wasn't going to be able to use the monitor till around then anyway. but i'm not going to lie, i'll stil check woot, but i'll be checking the company's (product manufacturer) return policies before buying again.

looks like maybe 5 DOA's on this lot. anyone get there replacement yet? i wonder if we are going to get the 42" or if they are able to fix this one.

imrbatalot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imrbatalot

Someone had mentioned bad ghosting effects. I've been playing around with mine, hooked up through HDMI to cable and VGA to my 360 and the ghosting is terrible, to the point of unplayability at some points. Fable II looks beautiful, but whenever the camera pans around it's like a streak of white on the screen.

Any suggestions or other people with this problem?

I've contacted woot and they've been great about helping me out, but it may also require shipping from NY to Texas. Anyone know of a good way to ship that won't cost me $150 to do?

timny

i just shipped mine (doa) via fedex from rochester and it was 65.80.... not happy about paying an extra 66 dollars to get a working tv. but i guess it's less then the 100+ i thought it was going to be.

so yea, fedex ground takes 5 days to get there, i'd go with that if you have to ship it back. i hope you can work it out so you don't have to spend more money to make it work like i had to do.

good luck

brwilson

So they say only 5 are DOA speaking as one of the 5 (I think the number is higher) I want to know as stated by dj_leisure on page 10 why woot paid for their shipping when they gave the rest of us the shaft.

Come on woot why pay for one person and tell the rest of us where to get off?

scauditman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scauditman

I bought one of these and it arrived with a dark line down the center of the panel. Now I can't a response from Woot - going on three weeks. Any ideas on what I can do?

jazzygurl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzygurl
scauditman wrote:I bought one of these and it arrived with a dark line down the center of the panel. Now I can't a response from Woot - going on three weeks. Any ideas on what I can do?

We only show you have emailed in today regarding the issue you are having with your monitor. We have sent a response to you with the details on handling the defective unit. Please check your emails for the response.

ddegroat

$109.00 to return ship a defective product. Super ouch. Only buying locally from now on.

brwilson

Had to pay $110 to ship mine. Tracking by FedEx shows Westinghouse got it today. So the big question now is when I could not even get the menu to show how long will they make me wait until a replacement is sent. Yes, it would have been better to buy local since I had to get a friend to come by to help me get it to FedEx .

timny

tell me about it, i had to remove the back seat of my car to get it to fed ex. but for some reason it was only 66 dollars to ship, from rochester ny to tx. hope they don't destroy it on the way down there. and i hope they give us all something awesome in return for these DOA ones.

timny

called westinghouse yesterday, they said 5-10 business days they will ship out my "new" tv... the girl didn't know if it was going to be fixed or a new one shipped. i'm going to call back tomorrow and see how much more time they need and if i can get any info about what model i'm getting in return for my troubles and broken 37in.

anyone happen to get a replacement yet?

brwilson

FedEx says that my unit got to Westinghouse on Nov. 3, yet every time I call they can not give me a status. Westinghouse has had the 37" for 10 days and still nothing. If you returned your unit God only knows when they will fix or send a new one.

This is the worst handle problem that I have ever seen. First, woot sells a unit that is DOA, then I have to pay an additional $110.00 to try to get the problem fix Now I can not even get information about a status.

They have the product and a large stack of my cash. I feel like I was taken by CON artist.

phobic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phobic

Mine is DOA as well guys. I jsut hooked it up today and it doesnt effing work. i'm pissed.

edit**

seriously? WE have to pay shipping on this? thats just f**king stupid. worst customer service i've ever seen. I bought a TV off of here because i dont have the extra money to throw down at a store and adding another 110 bucks onto this makes it way less of a deal than it was. hopefully my email wont sit in the queue too long. thanks for not working weekends woot!

[Phobic]

doggpaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doggpaw

another doa....I am furious about the added cost of shipping.......this is so uncool woot.........bad bad bad business!!!!!! I have raved about how great woot was...not anymore........

brwilson

Called Westinghouse on Friday and still can not get a status. They told me the shipping warehouse is being moved from CA to TX. While my RMA has been moved up to the shipping manager it will be the middle of next week before I can get a status.

Westinghouse does not like woot. It appears that for all other sells of Westinghouse product handles the RMA where woot expects us to deal with Westinghouse directly. So getting the monitor from woot I think puts us in a lower status.

If you where force to do an RMA due to a DOA unit I would suggest check on the status every few days like I do. Maybe 2 months after I bought the monitor I will have a working unit, but then again it maybe the new year.

brwilson

Has anyone been able to get the RMA status or have received a replacement for the DOA?

Does anyone know why Westinghouse hates woot?

phobic

I got an RMA from woot and will be getting a refund. this is by far the worst purchase i've made in a long time, and i bought vista (not on purpose)

[Phobic]

jutopia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jutopia

I bought a 37" LCD monitor from Westinghouse. Just shy of two years old, it stops working and, in fact, begins to smoke whenever I turn it on. Customer service says that, since it is a discontinued model that they no longer make parts for, they will replace it if I ship it to them.

Packaging and shipping to California from Tennessee is nearly $200. So far, it has been five weeks since UPS shows they received the monitor. I've been promised all kinds of things, including a bigger monitor for a replacement, call backs from supervisors and shipping dates that keep getting moved back week after week.

Yesterday, after being told it would be another week before it would ship, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission and the Attorney General of California.

I WILL get their attention.

crewfan48

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crewfan48

Anyone got their exchange yet? Westinghouse said 5 days, then 10 days to ship. Now at 15 and waiting....

timny

i sent my DOA back and it arrived there the 7th. waited a week before calling, status was in processing, was like that till last tuesday when one of the ppl i talked to filled out some other sheet to speed things up. friday i found out i'm getting the 42in upgrade. but monday they really gave me no info.
today they filled out a status request form, so by "next week" i'll either have a email with tracking information, or i'll get a call from them telling me what they are doing to send it out.... well i'm guessing i'll be getting it around mid december. probably not till january at this rate.

Did anyone else recieve info about their tv? i'd say keep calling, some of the ppl there seem to help more then others. but i still don't have the monitor, so maybe they are just pulling my leg.

phobic

you're all better off just getting a refund and going to circuit city and spending the same money on a better TV.

[Phobic]

timny

Monitor in route from cali, only took then 28 days after they recieved it to send one out. if this one doesn't work i don't know what i'll do. it should get here( NY) thursday, anyone else have anymore info? or has everyone else just taken the hit and bought from a reputable company? i'm not buying from/dealing with westinghouse ever again that's for sure.

jaredkahle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaredkahle
SKAEL wrote:I guess I am stupid, This is certainly not a TV, it is just a monitor, have to add a cable box & with Comcast it is $14.00 per month. This was for a bedroom. WOOT is certainly not the place to buy a TV, $575.00 WAS A HARD LESSON LEARNED.

Give me a break.

timny

got my new tv replacement, and it's actually a tv. The 42" LCD HDTV SK-42H240S. I feel like this tv isn't really better then the monitor. it's bigger by 5 inches, but it's only 1080i. what's everyones feelings on 1080p vs 1080i? it does look good with regular cable which is nice. i like the auto switching feature, and the computer does look pretty good on there. but it only shows at 1024 by 768. is that the standard resolution for 1080 tv's? i kinda thought it would be 1900 by 1080 like it is described as. oh well i don't want to wait another month so i guess i'm stuck with this one. next time i'll be paying extra and buying a sony.

phobic

i just got ym refund from woot today. that only took a month to get done. at least this ordeal is behind me. good luck guys.

[Phobic]

davidbouilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidbouilly

mine died a week ago, only 2 years and a few months after buying on woot.