Yours looks like it took the scenic route:
Picked up IRVING, TX

EL PASO, TX --> BLOOMINGTON, CA --> SUN VALLEY, CA

Oct 16, 2008 9:11 AM Delivered Burbank, CA

jaredkahle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaredkahle
fauxshow wrote:Worry not - 800-GO-FEDEX

Sorry--never really done anything special with shipping:

What will they be able to do for me? Reroute it 4 blocks to my house instead?

fauxshow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fauxshow
jaredkahle wrote:Sorry--never really done anything special with shipping:

What will they be able to do for me? Reroute it 4 blocks to my house instead?

Yep...or have them hold it for customer pick-up which might be the best way to go given some of the things mentioned here.

pjalan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjalan

MIne us up for Saturday delivery. Got the tracking email yesterday.

Does anyone know how do we buy the $49 extended warranty. If the TV is defective do we pay for shipping?

For those who have already received how is your experience? Thanks

PJ

jeremyroach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeremyroach

finally received my email from woot re: tracking around 130am last night. TV was delivered today (Corona, CA) at 1030.

Cant wait to fire it up.

carolinasienna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carolinasienna
pjalan wrote:MIne us up for Saturday delivery. Got the tracking email yesterday.

Does anyone know how do we buy the $49 extended warranty. If the TV is defective do we pay for shipping?

For those who have already received how is your experience? Thanks

I purchased the square trade 3 year warranty. It was $70 for regular warranty coverage but I spent the extra $40 for the "no worries" accident coverage. A friend has used them quite a bit and says they are reliable and paid his claim with very few questions.
www.squaretrade.com

The "TV" comes with a one year manufacturer's warranty free of charge. Read back in the posts and you'll find though that this is a discontinued model (the W3)l. The rumor is that any valid claims will be serviced by a replacement with the 42" that took this model's place (no spare parts to fix original). Again - rumor, so don't take my (or their) word for it.

tighejs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tighejs

I didn't receive an order/shipping update on the TV on my account screen until this morning, when it said that it was scheduled for delivery today.

The TV arrived with minimal packaging damage. No slipshod packaging workarounds. The top of the box was dented, which led me to some concern. TV was intact. No dead pixels, and no deviant pixels/artifacts.

Very stoked.

1. 10/23/08 Random Crap: Pioneer 5.1 SS XBox360 Ed.
  2. 6/24/10 Random Crap: Snoopy, Lunchbox, WAP, FiberOptic BtrFly
  3. 3/9/11 Random Crap: AquaGlobes, kids toys, shopping bag

azadpanchi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azadpanchi

The box has a big tear on the same side as the screen.. *sigh*

Will plug it in to verify if everything is okay, hopefully that is the case. The packaging is not of the highest quaility.

xanafeyed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xanafeyed

Mine is coming saturday the 18th as well. These packaging stories are starting to worry me though.

nitrousoxide52

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52

Mine is coming the 21st. How would I go about purchasing the extended warranty through square trade? Do I have to give them a part number, or receipt or something?

treybrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treybrad

Wow. Woot is in Irving, TX, I'm in Austin, TX, about 200mi away, and this is the route?

Oct 10 - 06:00p - Package Data Transmitted to FedEx.

Oct 15 - 12:48p - Picked Up. (Irving, TX)
Oct 15 - 05:16p - Arrived at FedEx Location (El Paso, TX)
Oct 15 - 09:34p - Departed FedEx Location (El Paso, TX)

Oct 16 - 03:54p - Arrived at FedEx Location (Fort Worth, TX) <--- PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!?

Great, my monitor has travelled 1,000mi already and is no closer to me than it was a week ago. I guess I won't be getting it today...

N8Ball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages N8Ball
treybrad wrote:Wow. Woot is in Irving, TX, I'm in Austin, TX, about 200mi away, and this is the route?

Oct 10 - 06:00p - Package Data Transmitted to FedEx.

Oct 15 - 12:48p - Picked Up. (Irving, TX)
Oct 15 - 05:16p - Arrived at FedEx Location (El Paso, TX)
Oct 15 - 09:34p - Departed FedEx Location (El Paso, TX)

Oct 16 - 03:54p - Arrived at FedEx Location (Fort Worth, TX) <--- PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!?

Great, my monitor has travelled 1,000mi already and is no closer to me than it was a week ago. I guess I won't be getting it today...

Maybe this will make you feel better...
Oct 10, 2008
- 6:00 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx
Oct 15, 2008
- 12:48 PM Picked up IRVING, TX
- 5:25 PM Arrived at FedEx location EL PASO, TX
- 9:34 PM Departed FedEx location EL PASO, TX
Oct 16, 2008 3:46 PM
- Arrived at FedEx location FORT WORTH, TX

I live in CARROLLTON, TX
I work in IRVING TX

How do you feel now?

Should be getting mine tomorrow...can't wait!!!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 43 Private Messages PocketBrain

OMGOMGOMG... finally, just today they linked me on the tracking. Looks like FedEx picked it up on the 13th. It's in the neighborhood, so might come in tomorrow. But I'm busy all day! Maybe they will attempt during lunch. I would hate to miss it, in my neighborhood.

yum yum, teevee!

Woot Stats
Woots/Qty total: 420 duuude
Notable woot events:
  • Sonic Trivia Quiz 1 runner-up. I got Bupkus!
  • Nov. 17 '06: Bought out Kensington PocketMouse Wireless USB Mouse
Barrels of Cheddar obtained:
  • 11/17/06: 1st
  • 12/25/07, 2nd
  • 7/12/08 3rd (1st "want three.")
  • 12/25/08 4th
  • 05/15/09 5th
  • 9/25/09 6th
  • 2/25/10 7TH
  • 4/28/10 8th
  • 7/12/10 9th (BBOC wootlites)
  • 8/20/10 10th
  • 9/22/10 11th
  • 9/14/11 12th
  • 12/25/11 13th
  • 3/22/12 14th

xanafeyed

Come on people who already have it! How is it looking? good condition? lets see some pics or somethin.

oaburns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oaburns

Mine showed up today. I left work early in hopes of catching the FedEx guy, and I caught him as he was getting in his truck to leave. He got the TV out and gave it to me before he left....woooooot!!!

The box was in pretty rough shape. Smashed corners, a few big gashes, and no tape on the top! The top flaps were just open! I was a little scared by that but I unpacked it and hooked it up.

I'm happy to report that it's working perfectly. Even though the box was manhandled, there was no damage on the unit at all. The picture is great; no dead pixels, no bright pixels...it's in great shape. I've been playing xbox on it all day (since I have the afternoon off now anyway...) and I couldn't be happier.

menasan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages menasan

got mine too! im not used to the HD tv watching non hd cable chanels

but other than that im very very happy... really sleek

zenryou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenryou

I think mine should be here today, I REALLY hope it's not broken because the guy who delivered stuff to me before broke like half of it, I haven't ordered online in a while hope he got fired already

carolinasienna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carolinasienna

Got mine after work yesterday. Hooked 'er up to my CABLE BOX and watched some of the most beautiful television I have enjoyed in a while. Box had a rip in the top, tape was on 3/4 of the seams.

Everything looks great. No dead pixels. Bright as can be and works perfectly with all of my accessories. Fedex received the 10th and delivered the 15th (Austin, TX). Overall, another great experience Woot. I will be back!

demeyer1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages demeyer1

I had a very similiar experience to others.. FedEx called me to let me know that the box was virtually destroyed and the TV inside was dinged up pretty bad. They returned it on my behalf... never even forwarded it to my house for delivery from the local warehouse. I emailed Woot and they said replacements are not available and will just issue a refund. I appreciate the no-hassle refund, but I'm disappointed to hear that many people received a very dinged up box; and more so, I just wanted the TV.

redinmyhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redinmyhead

Mine arrived today as well. The box was open on the top; but everything appears to be undamaged.

All parts accounted for, but I'm at work and have to wait until later today to try it out.

STOKED!!!(it's purdy)

fauxshow

Mine should arrive about 2:30pm PST. Since none of you bastages are posting anything substantive, allow me to be the first to post arrival, unpacking, and full setup pictures. Forthcoming....

joegibs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joegibs

Received my "monitor" a couple hours ago. I've been watching HD since, and its oh so pretty. My packaging had minimal damage, wasnt opened, and it works perfect with no dead or bright pixels.

N8Ball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages N8Ball

Did it come with the the "Stand" or "Base"?

That wasn't listed as part of "What's in the box"

Hope to get mine later today...I'm dying just sitting here waiting

Wizardtom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Wizardtom

okay

I have 30 shirts.woots and I really need some pants.woot, could use more belts.woot, definitely have to replace my approach shoes.woot.com.

I want to legally enter a McDonalds or gas station in any only woot apparel...

fauxshow

My usual FedEx arrival time came and went. Oi....

zenryou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenryou

It comes with the base, you know it just sits flat on it...not a wall mount or anything but that's expected. The base is very sturdy which is awesome.

My box had some impressions in it, like I guess stuff had been packed against it, but it was not opened and was not torn.

The TV is in, as Mike Tyson would say, splendiferous condition. Not one dead or otherwise off pixel and it's so bright I just turned the backlight all the way off. The clarity rules, I'm using it as a PC monitor and everything is perfect so far!

My 20.1 inch dell widescreen is to the left of it, rotated 90 degrees for website viewing or whatever, it looks pathetic next to this big lcd *giggles*.

fauxshow

Finally arrived...pictures forthcoming.

Atran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atran

Mine arrived as well. No significant shipping/handling damage to box, "Monitor" works perfectly, as far as i can tell. No dead pixels either. Finished watching a Blu-ray movie on it via PS3 over HDMI and it was awesome. Played a bit of Bioshock on it at 1080p via component and it looked bad. Dropped signal to 1080i and it looked much better, guessing component is just a bad choice for watching 1080p (anyone else have any thoughts on this?). Gonna get VGA cable tomorrow (no pecking HDMI on my 360), but otherwise I am euphorically pleased.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 43 Private Messages PocketBrain

Love, love, love! it arrived in great shape, I see no stuck pixels.

My brand new (sellout.woot) 19" gateway looks so small now.

I have to get some DVI/HDMI cables.

Woot Stats
Woots/Qty total: 420 duuude
Notable woot events:
  • Sonic Trivia Quiz 1 runner-up. I got Bupkus!
  • Nov. 17 '06: Bought out Kensington PocketMouse Wireless USB Mouse
Barrels of Cheddar obtained:
  • 11/17/06: 1st
  • 12/25/07, 2nd
  • 7/12/08 3rd (1st "want three.")
  • 12/25/08 4th
  • 05/15/09 5th
  • 9/25/09 6th
  • 2/25/10 7TH
  • 4/28/10 8th
  • 7/12/10 9th (BBOC wootlites)
  • 8/20/10 10th
  • 9/22/10 11th
  • 9/14/11 12th
  • 12/25/11 13th
  • 3/22/12 14th

fauxshow

HDS! Coming thru!

Puncture Wound

Package withstood a standing kick, apparently

Left panel

Right panel

xanafeyed

Boy I sure am glad my arrival date got bumped back 3 frakking days from the 18th to the 21st. Seriously this makes me so happy. frakking failures...

xanafeyed

it's been moved back to today and it's currently at my local office!! Hooray! Life isn't so crappy afterall you guys!

nathan104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathan104

Got mine in yesterday. No damage. Hooked it up to the dish network standard defintion dvr via rca jacks and at 6 ft, it looks better than my old tv. Cant wait to get it hooked up via components inputs for better picture. It looks very good. Has very black darks, and when its amazing that when something flashes on the screen line the sun or something it puts out so much light. Im very happy with mine. Now just nee to upgrade to HD dish.

Inacurate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Inacurate
demeyer1 wrote:I had a very similiar experience to others.. FedEx called me to let me know that the box was virtually destroyed and the TV inside was dinged up pretty bad. They returned it on my behalf... never even forwarded it to my house for delivery from the local warehouse. I emailed Woot and they said replacements are not available and will just issue a refund. I appreciate the no-hassle refund, but I'm disappointed to hear that many people received a very dinged up box; and more so, I just wanted the TV.

I too am having mine returned to the shipper due to damage( by Fedex per FedEx employee Kimberly) on my behalf without telling them to. I sent an e-mail to woot inquiring to the status and what is going to happen.

This was my first woot, and after purchasing the monitor and reading on this website I felt great about it! If my only option is a refund, I no longer feel great about it. Had I RECEIVED the monitor and at my own discretion deemed it damaged( aka defective ) I would be OK with my only option being a refund and here is why: The carrier who handled my item felt the package was in good quality to deliver, and did so.

So, the package was damaged during transit. Not woot's fault, nor Westinghouse, but don't they have some sort of insurance on the items? I see no clause on woot's website about shipping claims. Just defective items. But how do I know it was defective, I never received it.

I was given no choice to receive or refuse the package, to make my own decision based on the box condition and actually viewing the item. I bought it in good faith, expecting it to arrive in good condition. From what a lot of you are telling me, the shipping leg of this journey was not a great road to travel. And while again, I know it is NOT woot's fault, they should however have some sort of safeguard against this happening. Whether it be decent packaging, or shipping insurance.

FedEx should be a part of this issue, if woot can't replace the product then FedEx should be the one replacing it. Regardless if that means being bumped up. If they can't replace the product with a comparable product, then it is down to me to decide to accept the product they can replace it with, or a refund.

I will be greatly disappointed if woot has no "damaged during shipping" clause to follow. Bad business. It is NOT my fault if the item is no longer in stock or discontinued. That is where the whole "free upgrade" to another monitor comes into place. Problem with that is, I wanted this monitor specifically for the size, inputs and capabilities!

I am not angry, or complaining just to complain. I am genuinely upset at the condition these monitors were delivered in by FedEx. I am of course jealous most of you lucky buggers are enjoying your monitor and a small percentage of us are going to go without, for the time being. :P

anikhanj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anikhanj

Okay.

My roomate and I bought one. Each. I ordered mine an hour before him. He got his yesterday. Mine won't come until Tuesday.

C'MON WOOT!

xanafeyed

On mine right now. Upgrading form a 19". Wow. Just wow. words can not describe. Im gonna play some crysis.

pjalan

Finally up for delivery. Today is my will let you know if they happen to deliver it and how it looks.

Tracking number
06953788113XXXX
Ship date
Oct 15, 2008
Estimated delivery
Oct 18, 2008
Status
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

PJ

Atran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atran
Atran wrote:Mine arrived as well. No significant shipping/handling damage to box, "Monitor" works perfectly, as far as i can tell. No dead pixels either. Finished watching a Blu-ray movie on it via PS3 over HDMI and it was awesome. Played a bit of Bioshock on it at 1080p via component and it looked bad. Dropped signal to 1080i and it looked much better, guessing component is just a bad choice for watching 1080p (anyone else have any thoughts on this?). Gonna get VGA cable tomorrow (no pecking HDMI on my 360), but otherwise I am euphorically pleased.

Got the VGA cable for the 360 and it has made a huge difference. If you want 1080p to look good, don't try to do it over component, go VGA at least.

treybrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treybrad

Got mine yesterday. My box was in great shape, hardly a dent or tear at all. Tape was all still intact and everything.

TV looks GREAT! The picture is perfect, bright, sharp... just awesome. I've been watching football all morning and couldn't be happier.

Nicely done Woot.

trey

pjalan

Got my TV its in great shape.

I got a question, I have a Sony Home theatre system that has HDMI and component and AV
I have a comcast cable box that has AV & component (no HD/HDMI)

How do I best connect my systems. I dont have a hdmi cable yet and need to run to the local store to get one. Thanks

PJ