dovy6

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dovy6

Is anyone else interested in a cigar site on woot? We could have a kind of cigar club where woot offers a new cigar daily (or at least weekly) and the cigar smokers could enjoy talking about the smoke, and trying new things. Anyone else with me?

wait... what?

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

I used to enjoy a cigar or two a week, but I honestly am starting to believe that cigar smokers are a dying breed. With the people growing up now a days everything has to be instant and over with instantly so they can move on to the next thing. Its very sad, but as time goes on I think cigars will be smoked less and less. What do you think about this?

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

Detroit306

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Detroit306

22 years here and that sounds like an awesome idea

ekowalski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekowalski

No.

farsidefreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farsidefreak

dude that would be sweet. i got really excited just thinking about it

HypnoticSilence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HypnoticSilence

Not gonna lie...I'd be interested, even if it only lasted a year (like a trial period or something).

deezil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deezil

I am down for this. I enjoy a stick from time to time, probably no more than 2 or 3 a month.

I've bought lots of woots. I don't need to e-peen it up in my signature.

jaderok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaderok

Do it to it.

StubbTx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StubbTx

Yeah, I'd be in.

koneco

quality posts: 16 Private Messages koneco

Remember the words of Carlin.

But it would be a great opportunity for woot to start what I think is the next smoking trend. Kisuna pipes!

shadowsdeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowsdeed

seriously i even sent them an email reguarding this.

He's Mario Lopez, But He's AC Slater!

goatcrapp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages goatcrapp

count me in!

cinic121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinic121

Amazing plan! I the cigar stores around me are absolute garbage and I need a place to try new cigars!

lgcjoker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgcjoker

Two words . . .

Hell.
Yes.

SamBaum82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamBaum82
lgcjoker wrote:Two words . . .

Hell.
Yes.

Fudgeball2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fudgeball2000

I'd be more likely to buy a cigar than to buy wine.

Cramster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cramster

22 years here too, and I think its a great idea.

martinboyce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martinboyce
dovy6 wrote:Is anyone else interested in a cigar site on woot? We could have a kind of cigar club where woot offers a new cigar daily (or at least weekly) and the cigar smokers could enjoy talking about the smoke, and trying new things. Anyone else with me?

sign me up!

martin j. boyce

SilverStar830

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SilverStar830

Internet Tobacco Sales Enforcement Act
http://www.techlawjournal.com/topstories/2004/20040128.asp

The bill's definition of "interstate sale of cigarettes or smokeless tobacco" is noteworthy. It does not require a transaction across state lines. It includes any transaction in which "the buyer submits the order for such sale by means of a telephone or other method of voice transmissions, the mails, or the Internet or other online service, or the seller is not in the physical presence of the buyer when the request for purchase or order is made ..."

cigar.woot is a great idea, but, it's very unlikely woot is going to want to wrangle with being mandated by law to report each and every sale, buyer name and all personal information, to the State that the buyer lives in for tax purposes. Not only that, but some individual cities ALSO tax tobacco. New York City is one of them. Woot would have to report to the cities as well.

And it's unlikely that some buyer's are going to want to deal with their respective State (and possibly city) who will most assuredly bill the woot buyer for taxes due. That could get mighty ugly in a worst-case-scenario.

Tobacco is taxed differently and at different rates in pretty much every state. And they definitely want their damn tax money.

To add to that, most credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and American Express do for sure) require a separate proof-of-age before they will honor a tobacco purchase online. I'm not sure what that separate proof consists of, but it is a policy put in force recently to prevent under-aged children from buying tobacco online. It was aimed at cigarette sales, but it covers all tobacco as well as smokeless tobacco sales.

...sorry if that's all bad news but no one brought it up yet.

:/

j12x12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j12x12

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes oh and allso yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesba.