quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - Saving Woot prices for decades to come
------------------------------------------------------------
Prevention Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
$19.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:
- 1 Prevention Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

uski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post - Manually-optimized searches for relevant results

New Prevention Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor, for $19.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Prevention Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor

Advanced e-mail and SMS alerts on the WooToolbox - The Toolbox for Wooters!

hoyanim7

quality posts: 73 Private Messages hoyanim7

reggie445

quality posts: 3 Private Messages reggie445

Too bad I'm not in need of it (I'm in my early 20's). My grandparents might want one. Probably too early to call and check, though.

I <3 Woot!

SenSo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SenSo

l a m e...

already have one similar to this

goodnight, all

Order not showing as shipped yet? Go to FedEx.com and enter your order number where it asks for 'Reference.' You don't need an account number.

djb525

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djb525

the picture says WS-100PV.. not WS-1100PV.... woot f.a.i.l!

bkugotit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkugotit

Too bad I'm not a Hulk and don't need one.

danduhman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages danduhman
bkugotit wrote:Too bad I'm not a Hulk and don't need one.

I believe that would be the heart rate

fortgeorge

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fortgeorge

Hmm, my mom and grandma needs one. Anyone have these that can give a review of either?

Which one would be best? They both have computers, so I was thinking the WS-1100PV so they can keep track.

Or should they just hold out and buy a better one?

"Television is a medium of entertainment which permits millions of people to listen to the same joke at the same time, and yet remain lonesome." T.S. Eliot

If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion. - Edmond de Goncourt

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense. - Robert Heinlein

grlubb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grlubb

Ah hahahaha. Ah ha haaaa. A haaaa.

So that’s you know… coming along. I’m working with a vocal coach. Strengthening the “ahhaa”. A lot of guys ignore the laugh and that’s about standards. I mean, if you’re going to get into the German Hypertension League you HAVE to have a memorable laugh. I mean do you think Bad Horse didn’t work on his whinny? His terrible… Death… whinny.

idonwannaname

quality posts: 3 Private Messages idonwannaname

The "German Hypertension League"?? Note to anyone who gets this: Wrist monitoring of blood pressure is not nearly as accurate or reliable as using the upper arm. If someone thinks this might be "convenient" or has another reason to buy it, be sure to take it along to a doctor visit and verify the readings it provides with those taken by a medical professional with accurately calibrated equipment. Or suggest that to the person you "gift" it to, as would be recommended for any home BP monitor.

Randyl814

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Randyl814

I got this about a year ago and have been very satisfied with it

albarran9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages albarran9

daaaaannnnnggggiittt. I bought the exact one, but for you upper arm last time it was here. If I would of known they were having a wrist one I would of waited.

moojett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moojett

WARNING!!! Wrist Blood pressure monitors are notoriously inaccurate. If you really need to monitor your blood pressure get an around the upper arm cuff. If ALL you want is your heart rate, this is probably OK.

spencerx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spencerx

thinking about the ws-1100... overstock has it for 48 + shipping so this seems like a good deal. Any reviews??

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beauty/Prevention-WS-1100PV-Ultima-Wrist-Blood-Pressure-Monitor/3514610/product.html

Skofo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skofo

The image has a typo. It says WS-100PV instead of WS-1100PV.

gregnagy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregnagy

will this work with a mac?????????????????????????????????????????????????

millerdg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages millerdg

OK, I got the one with the pretty blue numbers. If it doesn't work, I'm painting "Rolex" on the upper part of the face and wearing it to high dollar functions.

"What time is it?"
"My Rolex sez it's 320 over 210"

This could be fun.....

someAFguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages someAFguy

Haven't I seen something else that does this? YEAH! I went to Walmart and pressed "Start" and got the results for free ha ha. Woot you have let me down.

Zorro22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zorro22
grlubb wrote:Ah hahahaha. Ah ha haaaa. A haaaa.

So that’s you know… coming along. I’m working with a vocal coach. Strengthening the “ahhaa”. A lot of guys ignore the laugh and that’s about standards. I mean, if you’re going to get into the German Hypertension League you HAVE to have a memorable laugh. I mean do you think Bad Horse didn’t work on his whinny? His terrible… Death… whinny.

And by the way, it's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is *not* quo.

We must not fear daylight just because it almost always illuminates a miserable world. - René Magritte

TAZ420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TAZ420

llo
one of the 1's in the picture got bored and fell over

DocMphd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DocMphd

I have heard that before, about wrist units not being as good.

Until this Thursday when I was in my surgons office. The nurse slapped on of these on my wrist. This was at my states premier teaching hospital. So that really made me think again.

of course, their unit may have been better than these $20 ones...who knows.

alexmg2420

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alexmg2420

Are you implying something, Woot?

boxjock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages boxjock

What the heck does this have to do with a late Vice President in the Agency department of New York Life? I realize he had a heart attack once--although it was a woman on a cell phone that killed him--but the last I read high blood pressure doesn't really have anything to do with heart attacks.

Oh, maybe they're talking about Robert S. Smith, rather than Robert A. Smith. But I still don't know what this has to do with *any* New York Life employee.

Also, I don't get the apparent song references.

DocMphd

reviewers on Amazon love the 820pv:
http://www.amazon.com/Prevention-WS-820PV-Wrist-Pressure-Monitor/dp/B000BDG852

nickmcmahon

quality posts: 32 Private Messages nickmcmahon
jyg wrote:When I wear one on each arm and each leg and then turn them all on at once (its a neat trick, I'll post a photo some day), I start to feel my eyeballs push out of their sockets and then come the spots. All the pretty colors floating around. And then its dark. And cold. And.

what????

bleepbloop

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bleepbloop

Just a note, diabetics are not supposed to use these because of circulation issues. My personal experience with them is they were unreliable at best.

...anybody want a peanut?

nickmcmahon

moojett wrote:WARNING!!! Wrist Blood pressure monitors are notoriously inaccurate. If you really need to monitor your blood pressure get an around the upper arm cuff. If ALL you want is your heart rate, this is probably OK.

Not really. Hospitals are using these doo dads nowdays. Allthough im sure the hospitals pay a few bucks more for theirs, they are very accurate.

EvilE1174

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EvilE1174

which one is better?

buister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buister
moojett wrote:WARNING!!! Wrist Blood pressure monitors are notoriously inaccurate. If you really need to monitor your blood pressure get an around the upper arm cuff. If ALL you want is your heart rate, this is probably OK.

I have both, the wrist and upper-arm monitors, and each time I used them back-to-back, they would show very similar numbers. This leads me to believe they are very similar. However, the manual one with the stethoscope is still the most accurate.

Oh, I have a collection of hypertension monitors - 2 manual ones, 2 upper arm ones, and 1 wrist.

apportum

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apportum

The Prevention brand blood pressure devices are awful. Te name is just licensed bt the manufacturer. I bought a different style, same brand from Woot and it gave wildly erratic readings. Manufacturer did provide a replacement - and it was just as bad. Even took it to the doctor's office to compare. The Prevention blood pressure monitor was totslly inaccurate.

Don't trust your health or possibly even your life to any blood pressure monitor under the Prvention brand.

DocMphd

cant decide which to get!?!?!?

BagOfCarp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BagOfCarp

Perfect for bacon lovers.

RogueFish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RogueFish

Confusing, is this a two for one deal, or what?? They show two different model numbers but the add reads buy one?!?

nickmcmahon

RogueFish wrote:Confusing, is this a two for one deal, or what?? They show two different model numbers but the add reads buy one?!?

They let you choose which model to buy. If you click on I want one, there it will let you pick which model you would like to buy.

nickmcmahon

BagOfCarp wrote:Perfect for bacon lovers.

llo i think i better buy one...*giggles*

irha

quality posts: 1 Private Messages irha

Can a purchase at woot qualify for FSA claim?

wirelessman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wirelessman
gregnagy wrote:will this work with a mac?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I have used one daily....more than just once a day....for two years now
and outside of the AAA batteries not holding up for long and having to
recharge I am very pleased with it

As to accuracy....I have total kidney failure and a number of doctors. We
have compared it with the latest technology and it is well within 5 percent
tolerence. The important thing is fresh batteries and to hold the unit higher
than your heart....and hold still while it does it's thing.

Mine is the smaller on in the illustration. And if memory is any good I bought
it on Woot.

As to those who don't believe they need it.... don't kid yourselves. I lost a
man in my command who became overheated one day directing traffic
in one of those 100 plus car messes on I-44. Later I learned he had hypertension and the heat and dehydration that day were the ingredients that finished him.

He was under 20. And a body builder.

Small price to pay for keeping track of the little things that can suddenly
come together and get you.

blutabu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blutabu

One monitor says 148 over 80 with a heart rate of 87. Hmmm Then it says OK. It should be 120 over 70. That's OK if you are 72 years old. Not to mention the other one that is 136 over 90. The one you have to be careful of the bottom. It should be 70 or 75 if you are a senior citizen. 90? They fall into the borderline range and probably need to be taking medication. This person better get to the doctor??? Very odd.