deelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deelite
enigma42 wrote:I got mine today!!

They don't work!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSxgX3MLCms

...time to mail good 'ole w00t RMA....

Same here. Only half of the set works.

Smaller than I thought but cute as can be. RMA here I come.

Is WOOT changing your words? CLICK BELOW to see what they mean:
http://www.bagsofcrap.com/glossary/

maovaga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maovaga

YAY! My lights came in the mail today...aw koi, one doesn't spin...It's like getting a one armed monkey with half a scream.

Oh well.

limacamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limacamp

I got mine and they both work and are so awesome!

cluelesswaif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cluelesswaif

I ordered one of these. The mail just arrived, and they sent a Grind Stainless Salt and Pepper Grinder instead. Oh well. The grinders look pretty sweet, and they will probably be more useful.

Pommy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pommy

YAY, got mine just now. They're chuggin' along great.

For those of you who reported one not working -- I know this may seem silly, but did you make sure both lights' switches were on? Mine came with one switch on and one switch off and so only one spun when first plugged in. It's worth double checking, I think.

lcompton

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lcompton

Hello.

Mine arrived today!

As you can see, they function just fine. The lights spin at slightly different speeds, which is why the left light appears to jump in the animated GIF.

Thank you.

Lisa

P.S. I'm sorry about copying the guy who also made an animated GIF. But, it was fun to make one and it's my first animated GIF and I really wanted to learn how to make them.

Thank you.

Lisa

TVGenius

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TVGenius

So I checked last night (Friday night) and saw my lights had FINALLY hit Phoenix, and that usually means they'll be here (Yuma,AZ) the next day, so I eagerly awaited the mail Saturday. No lights. (I should point out that the estimated delivery time also said Saturday as of Friday.

Now I made the mistake of checking my tracking info again now.

That about sums up how every SmartPost order has gone for me so far. My mom (also in Yuma) had one go to Georgia and finally show up two weeks later.

For $5 I think they'd be better off sending them parcel post through the US mail.

SnoopyGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnoopyGirl
For those of you who reported one not working -- I know this may seem silly, but did you make sure both lights' switches were on? Mine came with one switch on and one switch off and so only one spun when first plugged in. It's worth double checking, I think.

Well duh, who knew they had switches? I checked em over for switches when they didn't work but I didn't see any. That's what happens when they're black and you're wearing trifocals. So now both lights are spinning. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmwaldron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmwaldron
TVGenius wrote:So I checked last night (Friday night) and saw my lights had FINALLY hit Phoenix, and that usually means they'll be here (Yuma,AZ) the next day, so I eagerly awaited the mail Saturday. No lights. (I should point out that the estimated delivery time also said Saturday as of Friday.

Now I made the mistake of checking my tracking info again now.

That about sums up how every SmartPost order has gone for me so far. My mom (also in Yuma) had one go to Georgia and finally show up two weeks later.

For $5 I think they'd be better off sending them parcel post through the US mail.

i also im having issues with smartpost. take a look:

This is what i get from the link in my email notifiacation,

And here is what i get from my woot account link,
the funnny thing is that i live 15 miles from earth city, mo. this really sucks_ because the lights are for my brother for christmas, a christmas delivery ain't looking to good. thanks smartpost!

schmeckelgruben

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schmeckelgruben

I ordered 3 sets. Two sets are perfect, but on the third set one of the LEDs doesn't light. The motor turns, but nothing lights up inside. I played with the switch, which controls the motor just fine. Awwww carp. So I got 2.5 sets.

118 Woots. 2 accounts. 263 items. $4.9K. Monkeys, cameras, watches, leak frogs, earbuds, knives, apricots, good pistachios, poison pistachios, 3 Eee PCs, too many woot-off lights, 2 HD TVs, 2 Shark Navigators, HD camcorder, 3 Candi USB Pole Dancers, many flashlights, dozens of SD/SDHC cards and USB flash drives, iPod Touch, 3 MP3 players. 3 cell phones, lots of other stuff, but not one frakking Bag Of Carp.

TVGenius

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TVGenius

Funny you should mention that, I went back and tried the Woot account link instead, and it shows mine went from Carrollton, to Dallas, to Phoenix, to Earth City, and now is back in Dallas, with an in-home date of the 24th. This bites. I'm not buying any more smartpost stuff. I'd rather pay $10 for larger or bulkier woots than a flat $5 when my stuff's just going in one of two circles.

bptillman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bptillman

well i got mine today....time to start annoying my fellow cube dwellers!

aaronofmurray

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aaronofmurray

Seems there's a common issue with one of them not working... repeated here with one of my sets. I took it apart and it started right up. Apparently the silver part that spins was jammed against the orange cover. It still gets stuck sometimes, but nothing a good whack can't fix.

Didn't expect them to be so loud either...

Still like them though!

chriswayneh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chriswayneh

Only one of mine works =(

It's spins but no light.

hmy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmy1

I ordered three sets:

- One set works fine
- One set has one motor that doesn't spin
- One set has both motors that don't spin

The LEDs light on all of them. I wonder if they got jostled during shipment and the reflector is grinding against the transparent orange cover? I might take one apart to examine before RMA'ing.

nelson22

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nelson22

Don't RMA these things. Just open up the bottom and put some more grease on the tiny motor. I just had to jostle the gear a little bit when i opened it. Such low-quality fun!

woden325

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woden325

I have my own little wootoff going on. Yay!
The first time I tried them, one light wouldn't spin, but a little discreet jostling broke it loose and now they both work.

grimor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages grimor

I got 3 sets, so far 1 light in one sec didn't rotate, had to open it up and do some fixing, but it spins now (most of the time)

Woots: 121 Items: 236-2 Last Woot: 05/07/2012 Woot Wage: $4,559.41

malveaux

quality posts: 3 Private Messages malveaux

Mine almost work. Both lights come on and spin but the main web page at woot doesn't put up a new item! Hopefully, it's just a Stand up. Walk away. Relax. and I'll start seeing more items shortly.

EDIT: When I woke up this morning, there was indeed a new item. So while they may work more slowly than an actual wootoff, they definitely still work!!

STrRedWolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages STrRedWolf

I ordered one, and one of the lights fails to come on. Everything else including the motors work. Half tempted to open it up and see what the problem could be.

EDIT: It's just the wiring. It's not quite up to par, but a resolder will do the trick. Plus, if I hook this up to an Audrino I can have it check Woot's RSS feed for a WootOff and have it go off automatically.

stay4real

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stay4real
STrRedWolf wrote:I ordered one, and one of the lights fails to come on. Everything else including the motors work. Half tempted to open it up and see what the problem could be.

EDIT: It's just the wiring. It's not quite up to par, but a resolder will do the trick. Plus, if I hook this up to an Audrino I can have it check Woot's RSS feed for a WootOff and have it go off automatically.

That's scary

Chicken Fried Toast

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202
STrRedWolf wrote:I ordered one, and one of the lights fails to come on. Everything else including the motors work. Half tempted to open it up and see what the problem could be.

Funny, I was thinking of doing something similar when my lights come in...

USBmicro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages USBmicro
bdecker202 wrote:Funny, I was thinking of doing something similar when my lights come in...

I've mentioned in this thread that I'll use one of my www.usbmicro.com devices to control both lights and motors programmatically.

Eventually. When they get here...

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202
USBmicro wrote:I've mentioned in this thread that I'll use one of my www.usbmicro.com devices to control both lights and motors programmatically.

Eventually. When they get here...

Hmm...interesting product. Thanks for the linkage!

hmy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmy1
nelson22 wrote:Don't RMA these things. Just open up the bottom and put some more grease on the tiny motor. I just had to jostle the gear a little bit when i opened it. Such low-quality fun!

You were right. In the three sets that I ordered, three of the six lights would not spin. I took them apart. One of them simply needed help to get started. Another one badly needed grease. The third one had a small speck of plastic jamming the gears. I fixed the issues and now they all spin.

The construction of these things aren't great but then what do you expect for $10 a set? Select observations:

- Cheap plastic which could break easily
- Cheap screws which are easy to strip
- Poor wiring job
- Some lights have slip pads covering the screw holes on the bottom
- Some LEDs are much brighter than others

Still, I like them. One set will be mounted neatly on my laptop. Can't wait for my next meeting. Or my next trans-pacific flight!

ElHefe2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ElHefe2000

Just got my lights this morning. They're cute little things. Both worked right out of the box. Thanks w00t!!

I woot therefore I am

A wise wooter once said, unless they're bleeding, puking or burning - no one gets attention until the 'sold out' sign!

Finally scored a bag 'o carp on 12/25/2008

elitemrp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elitemrp

I plan on placing my 2 besides an LED bar that sits in front/below a widescreen LCD.

The LCD will show the current woot-off product, the LED bar will be the 0-100% progress bar and the 2 lights on the sides will obviously flash indicating a woot off.

Now I just have to see if I can power the lights on/off with just software or if I need to build a custom device to sit between the PC and the lights.

my woot stats as of 07-25-2013:
www.woot : 65 orders (114 items) | wine.woot : 6 orders (10 items)
shirt.woot : 7 orders (8 items) | sellout.woot :11 orders (22 items)
home.woot : 13 orders (21 items) | tech woot : 2 (2 items)
tools.woot : 3 (5 items)
total woots : 107 orders (182 total items)

nydoofus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nydoofus

Looks like mine got lost in the USPS system or something. It shows Delivered on the 20th, but I still don't have it.

NomadOfNorad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NomadOfNorad

My SmartPost Track estimates the package will get here on the 26th. Grrr...

jfritz828

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfritz828
nydoofus wrote:Looks like mine got lost in the USPS system or something. It shows Delivered on the 20th, but I still don't have it.

Same here... USPS reports that they delivered it on the 20th to my office, but my office was closed... how'd they do that?

ScottSaddison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScottSaddison

ordered 3, 1st one only one light worked, 2nd one neither spinned, 3rd one did not light or spin

bah =(

rileyper

quality posts: 66 Private Messages rileyper

got mine, both lit, 1 motor not working

abaddon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abaddon

Mine arrived today as well, and I had the same problem several of you reported - both lighting, only one rotating.

I popped off the bottom cover, and worked the gear a bit by hand, and got it to rotate for a while, but there's clearly something stuck in there. I'll have to tear it down when I get home.

They are cool and all, and I'm glad I got a pair, but these are really poorly made for ten bucks. Woot's profit margin on these must have been huge.

I wonder if I can fix it so that only one of the lights spins when the server crashes during a Woot-off...

USBmicro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages USBmicro
abaddon wrote:Mine arrived today as well, and I had the same problem several of you reported - both lighting, only one rotating.

I popped off the bottom cover, and worked the gear a bit by hand, and got it to rotate for a while, but there's clearly something stuck in there. I'll have to tear it down when I get home.

They are cool and all, and I'm glad I got a pair, but these are really poorly made for ten bucks. Woot's profit margin on these must have been huge.

I wonder if I can fix it so that only one of the lights spins when the server crashes during a Woot-off...

Ha! Fantastic! Add a flash pot for that, so when the server returns a "server busy" message there is a flash, bang, and acrid smoke.

Hmmm. Dangerous minds...

abaddon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abaddon
USBmicro wrote:Ha! Fantastic! Add a flash pot for that, so when the server returns a "server busy" message there is a flash, bang, and acrid smoke.

Hmmm. Dangerous minds...

Dangerous minds indeed. I've added your device to my "To Be Purchased" list, once funds free up.

shoeshine_boy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoeshine_boy

Wow, not only did some people received their lights before mine even shipped, the estimated delivery date is now 12/29/2008! I am pretty disappointed I will not receive these in time for Christmas. I figured 14 days was enough shipping time even for Woot.

NomadOfNorad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NomadOfNorad
jfritz828 wrote:Same here... USPS reports that they delivered it on the 20th to my office, but my office was closed... how'd they do that?

Maybe they left it outside the door... and someone else walked off with it later. :-|

cleaner00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cleaner00

just got mine, holy hell they are loud. Forget annoying coworkers with the flashing lights, if I fired these up in my office space they'd tell me to keep the noise down.
They sound like a battery powered blender with almost dead batteries.

Unique Woot items purchaced: 69
Bundles of Clones#39;s attempted: 42 (including the Dow Jones bag)
Bundles of Clones#39;s acquired: 3 (25Sep09/26Mar10/26May10)

vladtheimpaler42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vladtheimpaler42

Mine went from Dallas to Atlanta to West Virginia and back to Charlotte for delivery to coastal NC. Expected delivery is tomorrow, but I don't bet they make it.

West Virginia?

kkwegman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkwegman

Just took delivery via USPS and both light fully functional, however one light runs at 30 RPM and it's partner spins at 36 RPM. Attractive to look at and cool!