Dud

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dud
drewskee wrote:Classic woot items are price dropping like flies. Look at sell out.

I find it hard to believe that irobot is getting rid of these for this little as well. They normally sell for $100 new on their website. Unfortunately, unless the handle is removable this robot is of limited use since the handle will hit any obstructions within the gutter that hold the gutter to the house.

dlcope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlcope

Does this count as a fashion accessory if you use the included belt clip?

wilbret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilbret

We have some gutters that are about 30 feet off the ground. Will this scale the walls of my house and rappel down?

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61
muddyh2o wrote:doesn't work if you have struts in your gutters that cover part of the gutter track.

the handle gets caught.

otherwise, i'd quickly drop four sawbucks on this!

The handle is the remote,it comes off,then hold the remote against the gutter for better control.

ryanmercer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ryanmercer

Right, like I need to clean my gutters in the dead of winter...

grimor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages grimor

these work great, just don't stand too close, they throw the gutter sludge every where ahuhu

Woots: 121 Items: 236-2 Last Woot: 05/07/2012 Woot Wage: $4,559.41

grimor

and THE HANDLE COMES OFF. it's the remote.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=looj&search_type=&aq=f

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61
scottjkus wrote:"Battery life can be improved by only charging when it is fully depleted." according to the description. Would this advice also apply to the battery in a Roomba vacuum?

yes,and I found out the hard way,if you dont use it much,the battery will not last.I use my roomba's a lot,but my scooba,I did not use it for a few months,and left it plugged in,which killed the battery.Now they tell you to take it off charge,if you do not use it at lease every two weeks.

Ask4Fish

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Ask4Fish

I do own this - I bought it early last year when it first sold on Woot for $70.

It does work, if you don't have unrealistic expectations. First, it's not fast. Cleaning your gutters will take as long or longer, but you will have to go up the ladder less.

Notice I didn't say you'd only have to go up once - you will have to go up a few times when (not if) the Looj gets stuck. You will get used to getting it unstuck with the remote, but there are a few times that you will have to get it unstuck with your hands.

You also won't be able to simply power through leaves without stopping. You will clean slowly with a continuous back and forth motion (forward and reverse.) Once you get the rhythm, you will be able to clean your gutters while sitting in a lawn chair. Once you get your gutters clean, you could use it every few weeks with much less effort. Oh yeah - it will spray leaves all over!

All-in-all, it's certainly worth $45.

chadbailey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chadbailey
justincredibleg wrote:This would be 100x's better with a remote controller!

ooo! and a webcam mounted to the front

Why cant people read anymore?

sonyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonyboy

Was this a US FIrst Robot Competition Winner? ;)

rzv1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rzv1979

So what happens if you buy two of them? Would you be able to control both with just one remote?

abion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abion
scozz wrote:I did my part and bought one. Won't be able to use it until spring. I love my Roomba although I did pay (EEK) full frice for a higher end non refurbished model at Kohls. Her name is Hazel. Now what should I name the Looj?

Luigi.

brentm3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brentm3

C'mon iRobot, develop the iRobot Spooj & I'll be in for 3.

bogawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bogawoot
abion wrote:Luigi.

Man...This Luigi looks Soooo Coool. Talk about your Grown-up Boys' Remote R/C power tool all in one ! !

I just want it so on Sat morning when my neighbors wave and come by and see me looking up, they exclaim " Say...what's going on up there? " I show them the remote and suddenly the Harley Davidson ridin' guy is trying to pry the remote out of my hand ..." Let ME try it ? ! ? ! "

Oh yeah. That' s your cool factor, right there.

counse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages counse

I got this one a while back; tried using it once, and it just slapped around in the gutter. This is a WASTE of money at ANY price.

scozz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scozz
abion wrote:Luigi.

That's a good one.

makabe

quality posts: 5 Private Messages makabe

The Consumer Electronics Show is next week, at which iRobot will probably introduce the new and improved model. That said, at $40, I'll give it a try and if it doesn't fit the bill, somebody will take it off my hands. Now, getting my lazy a55 up to the gutters, that is another story...

booboochan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages booboochan
scozz wrote:I did my part and bought one. Won't be able to use it until spring. I love my Roomba although I did pay (EEK) full frice for a higher end non refurbished model at Kohls. Her name is Hazel. Now what should I name the Looj?

How about Phinnaeus?

marjorieann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marjorieann

Bought and returned one last Christmas (not from WOOT). Didn't perfrom well at all with removal of pine needles. Needles wrap around the shaft and stop the action. Unwinding the needles is difficult.

mudhen1960

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mudhen1960

To the Looj owners: our gutters are slightly narrower at the bottom (about 3") than they are at the top (about 3.5")... I realize that I would probably be pushing it, since the measurements are 3.25" wide, but I figured I would ask the people that own these if they think it would be too tight of a fit. Thanks

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2
marjorieann wrote:Bought and returned one last Christmas (not from WOOT). Didn't perfrom well at all with removal of pine needles. Needles wrap around the shaft and stop the action. Unwinding the needles is difficult.

sounds painful

that was fun while it lasted!

PatentDude

quality posts: 8 Private Messages PatentDude

Are you sure? Sure looks like the handle comes off and is the remote control.

muddyh2o wrote:doesn't work if you have struts in your gutters that cover part of the gutter track.

the handle gets caught.

zephalis

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zephalis
scottjkus wrote:"Battery life can be improved by only charging when it is fully depleted." according to the description. Would this advice also apply to the battery in a Roomba vacuum?

Roomba has a method of restoring battery life. You can check on the site to make sure but I think it was:

1) pull out the battery
2) hold the power button for 10 seconds
3) put the battery back in
4) let it fully complete the charge discharge charge cycle (like 16 hours or so)

Note) if you unplug it during this time you have to do it over again. (Hence you shouldn't use a base station).

absdmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages absdmc

In for one for my son. He asked for one for Christmas, so this'll be a belated Christmas gift. Can't beat the price, especially if it proves not to work ... what the hey ....

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." ~ Abraham Lincoln~"

PatentDude

quality posts: 8 Private Messages PatentDude

This guys isn't too happy with his iRobot Looj http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A73AyyI9TjE

danloch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danloch

if you have a backpack blower, attach buy some straight and two 90 degree elbows, attach all together and attach to the end of your blower - from the ground you can blow out your gutters. Cost me around 10 bucks!!

grimor

PatentDude wrote:This guys isn't too happy with his iRobot Looj http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A73AyyI9TjE

it's not designed to clean the grass mat from your gutter (the video shows him lifting it out in one piece....

It's also not going to clean out a half full gutter with growing plants in it.

It will do just fine at maintaining your gutters so you don't have them completely full and growing trees in them

chadbailey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chadbailey
Dud wrote:I find it hard to believe that irobot is getting rid of these for this little as well. They normally sell for $100 new on their website. Unfortunately, unless the handle is removable this robot is of limited use since the handle will hit any obstructions within the gutter that hold the gutter to the house.

WHY CANT PEOPLE READ? Yes, the handle DOES detach, that is the ONLY way you can use it.

sr885bk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sr885bk
dohcrx wrote:just use your leave blower i mean cmon

just read it's a NiCad battery. what decade are we in???

For those concerned with battery life: I'm 90% sure that the Looj battery is the same style 7.2v used in the rc hobby cars. It's a molex/tamiya style plug. If you hate NiCd then Get the NiMH batteries. These are cheap and easy to find. That way you can have a spare or two.

cmiddlet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmiddlet

Are there other uses for which this device is attended?

CSV

cmiddlet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmiddlet

Excuse me, I meant intended, not attended.

CSV

hobbes7997

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobbes7997

this will work well on my hardwood floors - my kids are always dropping bags of carrots there

someAFguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages someAFguy

Nobody in Arizona is purchasing? ha ha..I don't think I have seen gutters here!

HMroczkowski

quality posts: 3 Private Messages HMroczkowski

My Roomba would like to say that you SHOULD NOT buy this husy just to get her out of the gutter!
Or maybe your gutters are of a higher class...like some DC politicians?

jimreineccius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimreineccius

the handle gets caught.

The handle comes off and is your remote controle. GET IT!!! More info. on irobot.com

Dud

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dud
chadbailey wrote:WHY CANT PEOPLE READ? Yes, the handle DOES detach, that is the ONLY way you can use it.

I'd buy one of these if the handle came off ...

ggggary4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ggggary4

Hey - Both Amazon.com & IRobot say the remote uses 2 AAA batteries. Woot says 2 AA's. Could Woot be selling an older model?

trivedi1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trivedi1

Does this vacuum the leaves it dislodges? So where do I attach the mulch bag then?

Seriously what’s the range of the remote?

Hakkamike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hakkamike

I have a Mexican guy that cleans mine(me)..