fatdogreggie1


quality posts: 13 Private Messages fatdogreggie1
rak508 wrote:Looks like everyone from Tacoma, WA got the guppy they Bought On Credit today. My haul, in a two pound box:

- One green bucket
- Two Broccoli tees (size youth large)
- One mini USB to USB cable
- Two Motorola Bluetooth USB devices
- Eight Stanford PHD mechanical pencils
- One two gig micro SD card with an SD adapter
- Two random pieces of plastic with "Pocket Loox" printed on them

Not all bad. Let me know if you're in the area and want to trade for anything, especially the youth tee for a larger one.



The plastic pieces that say "Pocket Loox" are (part of) the replaceable bezel that goes to a small GPS unit made by Fujitsu Siemens. They are actually pretty cool little GPS units, (especially when you hack them to enable Windows CE to work fully).

gwdmpausc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwdmpausc
jaroon wrote:Check your mail gwdmpausc - I have a gift for you ;-)



Oi! Mosh good!!

Your gift was stolen by postal pirates! Check your PM for details!!!

JamesDelsman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JamesDelsman

I got mine Saturday, but I had promised friends at work that I'd open it there. It's modest, compared to many:
2 Broccoli shirts, L
1 Xact headset phone (untested so far)
1 Fire Fly Lava lamp, working
1 Bright red buquet
0 Sansas

jgubman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgubman

I guess april fool's was on me. The bringer of cabbage arrived and dropped off

1 motherboard-less eMachine's case (has a valid Vista license on it though!)

1 lava lamp

1 mini bucket

1 usb speaker

1 letter telling me to expect another shipment.

In the other shipment:

28 boxes of "Brothers in Arm" action figures (48 per box).

Thankfully they were delivered to work...







NewspaperCrane


quality posts: 10 Private Messages NewspaperCrane


Woot just gave you an entire army! Beats the heck out of a 65 inch TV any day.

I miss me some wootTV.

iamalexchung


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iamalexchung

What I got:

http://chungalex.com/?p=510

Not too shabby for 8 bucks.

JamesDelsman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JamesDelsman
jgubman wrote:In the other shipment:

28 boxes of "Brothers in Arm" action figures (48 per box).



Those retail for $10 each! http://www.plan-btoys.com/store.html
I hope you wanted a second job on eBay...

chimpsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
jgubman wrote:I guess april fool's was on me. The bringer of cabbage arrived and dropped off

1 motherboard-less eMachine's case (has a valid Vista license on it though!)

1 lava lamp

1 mini bucket

1 usb speaker

1 letter telling me to expect another shipment.

In the other shipment:

28 boxes of "Brothers in Arm" action figures (48 per box).

Thankfully they were delivered to work...



Oh Woot! Thou has played a most cruel joke on somebody that most likely thought they were getting a big@ss TV too!

I am better than everybody else!

hjangis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hjangis

I finally got my box of chorizo. I can't complain. Actually I'm pretty happy.

2 t-shirts (Yay broccoli, Women’s Medium, gave them to co-workers)
1 copper bucket
3 1 gb Sansa mp3 players (all appear new)
1 4 gb Sansa that is currently not working but at home I should be able to get to work.
2 Sansa wires
1 pair of new Sansa headphones

Pretty much an average guppy based on what everyone else is getting. And if even one of the mp3 players work I'll be happy. I like having back ups of back ups. Never know when you'll you may end up music-less!

bpeterson82


quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

Still enroute from Dallas FedEx location...*sigh

tralle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tralle
lcgrey wrote:
Pretty nifty for $8 - thanks, Woot! Anyone need the size 2X shirts? I'm looking for women's M or men's S. Also happy to mail off the 2X's for cost of shipping!



Anyone spoken for the shirts yet?

Maged


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Maged
spookyelectric wrote:Our first box of chorizo ever!

Contents of 12.5lb box of chorizo:

(...)

1 Manual for Phillips Remote
2 Sheets channel labels for TV remote (no remote)

(...)


So that's where those went! I don't need the manual, but I'll take the channel labels off your hands if you want.

SmokeyFalls


quality posts: 7 Private Messages SmokeyFalls

Woot, you never cease to amaze me.

As I waited the many moons for the package to arrive, my mind cheated and looked at what other people were getting. Needless to say, the fedex stats measured me in as a cube box at 15.3" weigh in at 10.7 lbs. I was a bit disappointed as others with these dimensions recieved no sansas or sdhc cards. Instead, the general concensus was a lava lamp, a metal bucket, and an lcd photo frame. After careful thought, I accepted my fate and planned out the items.

The bucket was going to hold a plant. Specifically something similar to a bamboo plant.

The lava lamp was going to next to my bed for when I sleep. I want the time travel effects without the drugs.

The photo frame took a bit longer. I decided I was going to put in photos of scenery and this one girl who I was attempting to persue who is moving away as well as a couple motivational pictures. This I was going to put on my desk so I could be reminded to dream, lament my problems, and motivate myself back to work.

I went to the post office today because a friend made me miss the delivery. I waited patiently as the post office worker fetched my package as well as someone elses. The first one up was not cube so I zoned out. The worker then handed that non-cube package to me. In a confused state, I read the package. iRobot. Oh god. I got a Roomba. I put the package under my arm, looked around, and people started staring at me. I looked at the package again and noticed how large the font was. Some people muttered nerd. Others sniveled at buying a robot in these times. A few broke out brass knuckles. One cracked their knuckles. Feeling uneasy, I scuffled out the door and down the road to my unmarked car. Off I drove, driving in circles and zig zags and through one intersection just to make sure no one followed me. But, now I am home, safe, undamaged.

My package - no where near the right dimensions:
1 Roomba complete with previous owner's animal and human hair. No change was found in the collection area. Works, except the battery holds very little charge.
2 YAY shirts (Small) both called for by friends.

All in all, thank you Woot!

P.S. Between this and the motorized duster, I get it. My house is dirty and I need to clean it more.

P.P.S. Does this allow me to legitimately ask - "Will this work with my Roomba?"

P.P.P.S. Thank you for not sending me a bucket so I won't buy a plant that I will eventually kill because I am horrible with watering.

P.P.P.P.S. In the event I aquire a bucket from woot, I WILL buy a tree, put it in the bucket, and hang previous bags of guppy on the tree specifically to say - "See? These thing really do grow on trees."

lilgothkid


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilgothkid
SmokeyFalls wrote:Woot, you never cease to amaze me.

As I waited the many moons for the package to arrive, my mind cheated and looked at what other people were getting. Needless to say, the fedex stats measured me in as a cube box at 15.3" weigh in at 10.7 lbs. I was a bit disappointed as others with these dimensions recieved no sansas or sdhc cards. Instead, the general concensus was a lava lamp, a metal bucket, and an lcd photo frame. After careful thought, I accepted my fate and planned out the items.

The bucket was going to hold a plant. Specifically something similar to a bamboo plant.

The lava lamp was going to next to my bed for when I sleep. I want the time travel effects without the drugs.

The photo frame took a bit longer. I decided I was going to put in photos of scenery and this one girl who I was attempting to persue who is moving away as well as a couple motivational pictures. This I was going to put on my desk so I could be reminded to dream, lament my problems, and motivate myself back to work.

I went to the post office today because a friend made me miss the delivery. I waited patiently as the post office worker fetched my package as well as someone elses. The first one up was not cube so I zoned out. The worker then handed that non-cube package to me. In a confused state, I read the package. iRobot. Oh god. I got a Roomba. I put the package under my arm, looked around, and people started staring at me. I looked at the package again and noticed how large the font was. Some people muttered nerd. Others sniveled at buying a robot in these times. A few broke out brass knuckles. One cracked their knuckles. Feeling uneasy, I scuffled out the door and down the road to my unmarked car. Off I drove, driving in circles and zig zags and through one intersection just to make sure no one followed me. But, now I am home, safe, undamaged.

My package - no where near the right dimensions:
1 Roomba complete with previous owner's animal and human hair. No change was found in the collection area. Works, except the battery holds very little charge.
2 YAY shirts (Small) both called for by friends.

All in all, thank you Woot!

P.S. Between this and the motorized duster, I get it. My house is dirty and I need to clean it more.

P.P.S. Does this allow me to legitimately ask - "Will this work with my Roomba?"

P.P.P.S. Thank you for not sending me a bucket so I won't buy a plant that I will eventually kill because I am horrible with watering.

P.P.P.P.S. In the event I aquire a bucket from woot, I WILL buy a tree, put it in the bucket, and hang previous bags of guppy on the tree specifically to say - "See? These thing really do grow on trees."





you made me giggle

22 Shirt Woots 9/9/08-4/23/09
2 Wine Woots 2/18/09-3/9/09
13 Woots 8/20/08-3/27/09
7 Sellout Woots 10/10/08-4/09/09
1 Random Carp 3/27/09

bpeterson82


quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
jgubman wrote:I guess april fool's was on me. The bringer of cabbage arrived and dropped off

1 motherboard-less eMachine's case (has a valid Vista license on it though!)

1 lava lamp

1 mini bucket

1 usb speaker

1 letter telling me to expect another shipment.

In the other shipment:

28 boxes of "Brothers in Arm" action figures (48 per box).

Thankfully they were delivered to work...



It's not that I don't trust you...but that is the same letter cs6ranger got and you could have just thrown your toys on top a bunch of random boxes...so...

Woot! CAN YOU VERIFY?

chickensnack


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chickensnack

My very first box of chorizo finally escaped the bowels of smartpost

CONTENTS:

22x Texas Air
1x small silver vein buquet
2x L Broccoli shirts
1x Lava brand Fire Fly Lamp/Lampe/Lampara
1x 4GB Kingston ValueRAM PC2-5300 Notebook ram

Fedex said the box was 12.5^3 but it was about 18" wide. And it seemed lighter than the reported 5.2 pounds but what do I know.

I was really hoping for a pile of refurb electronics to tinker with OH WELL. I did need a lamp for my living room.

PS I totally have no use for this ram. It seems to retail around $40-$50 and has good reviews. Anyone want a TRADE? (no broc shirts plz)

chimpsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chimpsnest
bpeterson82 wrote:It's not that I don't trust you...but that is the same letter cs6ranger got and you could have just thrown your toys on top a bunch of random boxes...so...

Woot! CAN YOU VERIFY?



If that was made up, the dude has a great imagination, lol. You almost can't make that stuff up.

I am better than everybody else!

bradcrc


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
jgubman wrote:I guess april fool's was on me. The bringer of cabbage arrived and dropped off


1 letter telling me to expect another shipment.

In the other shipment:

28 boxes of "Brothers in Arm" action figures (48 per box).

Thankfully they were delivered to work...




That is priceless. :D


they are actually pretty cool figures. I only got 3 though.

ageedoy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ageedoy

First box!

Inventory:
2x broccoli shirts
16x bags texas air (15 filled)
1x sansa e200 install cd
1x 2GB micro SD
1x 4GB SDHC
1x Sansa View 8GB
2x sansa e260 4GB
1x sansa e250 2GB
3x sansa c250 v2 2GB
1x sansa c250 v1 2GB
1x sansa c240 v2 1GB
1x sansa express 1GB
9x sansa USB cable
8x sansa earbuds
1x RoHS 3.5mm to RCA AV cable
1x small red bucket
1x copper bucket

bradcrc


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
chickensnack wrote:PS I totally have no use for this ram. It seems to retail around $40-$50 and has good reviews. Anyone want a TRADE? (no broc shirts plz)



I know a guy who might be willing to trade 1000 action figures for it (you pay shipping)


beavertank


quality posts: 0 Private Messages beavertank

Yay, my first ever Bandoleer of Carrots arrived!

It was 2.5 pounds and contained:

2 (Medium) Yay! It's broccoli shirts (way way too small for me, but one is a gift, and the other I have plans for... muahahaha)
1 Small silver/black bucket
4 Sansa E250 MP3 Players
2 Sansa USB cables
2 sets of sandisk earbuds

Two of the sansas powered up immediately and worked, the other two powered on but gave me nothing on the screen. After a bit of research I found that the daughterboard that holds the memory tends to come loose and giving it a push tends to re-seat it and fix the problem.

On one it was that simple but on the other I had to pull it completely apart to adequately re-seat the daughterboard. But now all four work and they accept the Rockbox firmware quite readily.

Woot!

chmatxcrisco


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chmatxcrisco
bpeterson82 wrote:It's not that I don't trust you...but that is the same letter cs6ranger got and you could have just thrown your toys on top a bunch of random boxes...so...

Woot! CAN YOU VERIFY?




compare to cs6ranger's scan...they are different letters...

sarahcsusm


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sarahcsusm

It looks offical. I think I got the smallest/worst woot box.

I already posted...
1 3 inch bucket
2 XL yeah broccoli shirts.

That is all...nothing else....

It took a rubber band to get onto my 18th month old. But, she looked pretty cute!!!!

Guess this is my only use for them, as they don't fit anyone in my house.

By the way not a woot barbie... :X

rafutach


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rafutach

anyone want to trade either a womens small or mens medium shirt for mens large?

cs6ranger


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cs6ranger
chmatxcrisco wrote:compare to cs6ranger's scan...they are different letters...



yes they are different letters, the first c in inconvenience is different

here is the scan from mine

Proud owner of a 52" LCD TV from a 4/1/09 Boggy Old Creature

robotica


quality posts: 0 Private Messages robotica

Here's my haul:
1 sansa m240
1 sansa express(? only name I could find on it)
Some sansa 2GB player with a screen. Not that it matters, since the part that attaches to the charger is broken. Hey woot, I assumed that I would actually get working product.
2 XL broccoli shirts
1 bucket
3 sansa earphones
3 sansa chargers

larsonyo


quality posts: 3 Private Messages larsonyo

My box of chorizo:

1x John Daly 540cc LEFT HANDED Driver
2x Women's Medium YAY It's Broccoli Shirts

PIC:

drgandalf


quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
robotica wrote:Hey woot, I assumed that I would actually get working product.



Why would you assume that? You ordered crap, you got crap.

I got a single crappy Sansa too. Others got a bunch. Some work. Some are crap. That's part of the game.

garyoa1


quality posts: 11 Private Messages garyoa1

2- Reeeely ugly shirts

1- 2 gig sansa refurb (seems to work but useless to me)

1-8 gig sansa refurb (seems to work but useless to me)

1- 8 gig SD HC class 6 (open package but it works!)

1 - ... thingy. Some kind of mini metal pan or bowl

1- set of sansa earbuds (seems to work but useless to me)

But still... itz the thrill of the hunt! ;)

Wudooeyeno?

tesla33


quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33
sarahcsusm wrote:It looks offical. I think I got the smallest/worst woot box.

I already posted...
1 3 inch bucket
2 XL yeah broccoli shirts.

That is all...nothing else....

It took a rubber band to get onto my 18th month old. But, she looked pretty cute!!!!

Guess this is my only use for them, as they don't fit anyone in my house.

By the way not a woot barbie... :X




Yup, looks like you got the second worst haul - the worst was the guy who got just packing materials from the warehouse floor. I'm one step up from you, in that I got a larger bucket and a $1.49 Bluetooth dongle that I don't need. One other person posted the same haul as me, more or less. Welcome to the Gang of Four....

If anyone got a 2 gig SD card they don't want, I'll pay postage for it!

iamalexchung


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iamalexchung
robotica wrote:
Some sansa 2GB player with a screen. Not that it matters, since the part that attaches to the charger is broken. Hey woot, I assumed that I would actually get working product.



THE HOLY guppy COMMANDMENTS v3.0

I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond ONE bag of some kind and THREE crappy items.

II. Thou shalt not whine and complain when some people’s guppy turns out to be nicer than yours.

III. Thou shalt take a moment to consider whether you might be better off just not buying this guppy.

IV. Thou shalt not expect better guppy just because things are different this time. guppy is guppy.

V. To paraphrase Stephen Stills, shalt thou not get the guppy you want, want the guppy you get.

boshey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages boshey

My guppy finally got here!!!!!
weight was listed at 67lbs and that was about right on. I got:
2x omgwin! pails, I will turn these into flower pots
2x Broccoli shirts medium
1x hibachi grill
1x Ipod charger, I actually have an Ipod so i can use this.
1x Marshmallow gun
1x Kensington 8gb data traveler
1x Plantronics headphones, daughter claimed
1x Sansa alarm clock
1x Sansa e250 brand new with all the cables
7x hand trucks

I really have no idea what to do with most of this stuff, but I love every bit of it. Woot is right I do want the guppy I got even if I didn't know it. Thanks Woot Gods.


For the guy that got all the action figures, it looks like I got what you needed to move them around.



jgubman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgubman

Well, we're trying to work our way through the 1,344 action figures. We don't have a receptionist at work, so that's where the first box went:









juliemiller1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages juliemiller1

Ah, this was my first bucket of carp, and carp it was!

2 silver buckets
2 L Broccoli shirts (both spoken for, sorry!)
1 working silver firefly lamp
1 Evesham N20 GPS, which won't budge from the welcome screen, car adapter, and micro-USB cable.
1 working 1gb SD card, sitting in the GPS. Currently loaded up with maps and data, but the GPS doesn't seem to recognize it.

After some research, I figured out that the Evesham is better known as the MyGuide 2350, sold on sellout.woot last year (http://sellout.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=5278). I put a call in to MyGuide to request the software, and spoke with a dude named Albert, who promised to email it to me today. Here's hoping...I know it's not a great GPS, but its better than nothing!

interestedparty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages interestedparty

i am a refugee from the woot off craptacular...which was not, everyone got the same exact thing....so

thank you for letting me live vicariously through your guppy

nice

azuremourning


quality posts: 0 Private Messages azuremourning

So I got my Baggie of Cannabis on monday, it was to be delivered saturday, but I was out with my son doing easter egg hunts, and I missed it (I wasn't too pleased that they didn't leave it). I picked it up monday morning and in the box was:

5 sansa's (1 2gb, 2 4gb, 2 8gb)
5 usb cables for them (Wow, I was shocked)
3 earbud sets
1 crank radio and flashlight
1 powered USB hub (complete with 4 rechargeable AAA batteries (no idea what the batteries are in it for, I thought that when you plugged in a USB device you automatically had power)
2 Jabra Bluetooth headsets (one new, one used)
2 mens large Yay! Broccoli shirts (one is sworn to someone for a trade, if someone else has a kids 8 I'd love to trade for it, toss me a PM)
1 remote control so something or other, antenna is broken off, so I tossed it (sorry to the people with no remote)
1 busted ass bucket (no handles)
2 pieces for said handles, only one side
1 Accessory set for a Phillips Ipod speaker dock Model DC185/37(willing to trade for something neat!)

All in all, I'm pleased with my haul, much better then my 3/27 box

I think I missed a few things, but they weren't any big deal

bpeterson82


quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
jgubman wrote:Well, we're trying to work our way through the 1,344 action figures. We don't have a receptionist at work, so that's where the first box went:




I stand convinced! You'll have to understand the unbelief as it was an APRIL FOOLS box of chorizo, so peeps are pulling tricks...so: NICE HAUL! You should contact the nearest Army Post and see if they want any...or get ahold of the 101st Airbourne and meybe they want some! The troops downrange might like some too! SERIOUSLY!

-bpeterson82, USAF

jgubman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgubman
bpeterson82 wrote:I stand convinced! You'll have to understand the unbelief as it was an APRIL FOOLS box of chorizo, so peeps are pulling tricks...so: NICE HAUL! You should contact the nearest Army Post and see if they want any...or get ahold of the 101st Airbourne and meybe they want some! The troops downrange might like some too! SERIOUSLY!

-bpeterson82, USAF



I was thinking the local Toys for Tots, but that's a good idea too.

base8


quality posts: 0 Private Messages base8

I got both of my box of chorizo's today. All in all i am pretty happy with both of them.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dhs112.jpg

In the first one, the one from the woot-off I got the standard bag:

1 Ugly pink bag (going to my mom if she can stand the color)
2 Action figures, made in china
1 Hand held game from the '90s (deep sea monster)
1 3-pack of dvd's (bet you can't guess what ones)

all in all pretty happy, the dvd's make it worth the 8$ and I like the action figures.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vbvm8j.jpg

The April 1st bag was allot better, although it was no 52" tv, contents were:

1 Blue bucket (made in mexico, might make a good ash trey)
1 Bag of strange pieces of plastic (no guess as to what these are, your guess is as good as mine)
1 Sansa usb cable (this is useful i have a sansa, now i have a spare cable)
1 Set of possibly used Sansa headphones (going to a friend if he wants them)
1 Piece of steel cable and a bolt in a bag
1 Crank radio and flashlight set (cheaper than I imagined but the flashlight will go in my car)
2 Yey its Broccoli! shirts (both XL although they seem more like a large, they fit great)
6 Wireless mice (the ones I've tried seem to work, even on linux and all but one had rechargeable batteries in it, another had some nasty tape residue on it, but that should come off.)
1 16gb flash drive new in its package (Works.. makes me happy)
And of course some Texas air, 2 were flat.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14ngy37.jpg

And here is a better picture of the bits of plastic.

http://i44.tinypic.com/fassqa.jpg

Edit: changed the images to links.. they were WAYY to big.

Higherfat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Higherfat

At long last, and after a lengthy battle with myself NOT to assault the mailman every day after he didn't bring it, it's here!







2 Yay Broccoli shirts in K4 which my three year old is excited about (looking to trade one of them for a WM or a 3X so that either my wife or I can wear it)

4 Bluetooth dongles

1 set of earbuds

2 Sansas, different kinds, but I don't know the models, if anyone could identify them for me that would be great... also, no cables, so if anyone has cables but no Sansas, I'll take the cables!

***edit*** as stated below, the one is a e250R. the "C" series one just says Express as the model. the Express doesn't seem to work, but we can't charge it yet, so we'll see.

and of course, 1 white bucket.

and there we are. I'm good with it for a first Bustin' out chainsaws.

Grafeeti, The Geek Crest, Zombie Garden, Oh, Burned!!!, Curious Little Turtle, Bandolier of Carrots, Ooh, Shiney!, Eyescream Sundae, Friends are Forever, Plumber in the Style of Rembrandt, Nuclear Winter, Gearassic Period, The Quick Brown Fox, The Shape of Colors to Come, They Were Delicious