Shadmere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shadmere

Sweet! In for one. This is great.

LeetRantipole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole

I'm a little confused... If this is not a remaster or reissue, how is it reprocessed for stereo sound? When was it reprocessed?

Don't blame me for not understanding this ancient technology; it's older than I am.

WMassSoprano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WMassSoprano

This is awesome. My best friend is having her first child in the fall and she is a HUGE Disney fan. What a great 'out-of-the-blue' gift! She's going to LOVE it, and I can't wait to share it with the little one!

Arykz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arykz
Shoshin wrote:thanks...it IS a bunch of medleys...one has at least 16 melodies crammed into one track...hmmm I'm having second thoughts

I don't think you realize how short most of these songs are. These aren't medleys, these songs are just 1:30 long. Records have plenty of room for songs on them, divide the # of tracks on there by 45 minutes, potentially 52 depending on the kind of record really..

graycat1969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graycat1969

i'm going to play these for my Disney-lovin 5 and 3 year old kids! awesome! they actually are familiar with records somewhat since their Granny has a 45 jukebox that plays real records. I have a similar Ion record player it's pretty cool that it plays on the computer and transfers the songs to mp3.

UniversalSnip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UniversalSnip

Surprise: sellout.woot (http://shopping.yahoo.com/#woot) has a turntable today.

lackofabox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lackofabox
clsapsford wrote:Records are better sound quality than cd's or mp3's.
You're probably too young to even know what a record is.

Better sound quality, seriously? If by that you mean, roughly half the frequency support which deteriorates over time, then yes. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate one's preference for a "dynamic" recording medium. But, it is hardly better sound quality.

tangouniform

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangouniform

We shure seem to be getting some gosh darn good comments from some awfully swell good time folks out there!

Dang it all if the only record player I have is a 78 rpm one. It plays the good music all you modern kids don't play anymore. Shucks.

Wish upon a lucky star, and maybe I'll git a proper new turntable some time...

It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than to be in the air wishing you were on the ground.

danseattle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danseattle
LeetRantipole wrote:I'm a little confused... If this is not a remaster or reissue, how is it reprocessed for stereo sound? When was it reprocessed?

Don't blame me for not understanding this ancient technology; it's older than I am.

1978 Records had stereo sound.
In for one and I'm not sure why yet.

Luckenbooth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Luckenbooth

Oh wow...I have these. I'm only 34 years old and have this collection stored in my garage. Mine's a bit worn. Seeing as how these are the originals and not repos I'm debating a purchase so I can have a mint set.

douggwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages douggwilliams

Wow, I didnt know nostalgia had a price that big. It would be better to send flyers by mail to people who still own record players and want this for their great great grandchildren. COD works best.

graycat1969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graycat1969
dest581 wrote:How is shipping done with fragiles like this?

They actually have thick boxes made for shipping records. they are probably hard to get as records but i'm sure Woot has a plan.

pirotekniq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pirotekniq
MKimble515 wrote:Why do I get the feeling were gonna be seeing these during Woot off's for the next 15 years?

Because you have no faith that audiophiles might actually shop on woot. For shame!

dolfan0925

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dolfan0925

Song of the South?? How'd that name get on there? I thought Disney assassinates anyone that mentions that movie these days.

Elw00t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elw00t

This is completely awesome, all kinds of good music and original sketches. now im in a pinch of if ill open it or not.

SquashedTarget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SquashedTarget

These go well with the turntable on sellout.woot!

roamr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roamr

CD's are electronicaly clipped (Shorted at the top and bottom of the sound wave)audio, records are not. A good record has a full sound a cd does not. Check your electronic books and listen to your audiophile friends. I spent 18 months and 30k to learn this in 1992.

rogueofmv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogueofmv

...am I the only one with a record player in this thread?

Come on, guys. Seriously. :X

kaltori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaltori

My girlfriend is a Disney freak so this was a no brainer for me. I bought it without a second though as these records are older than we are (I'm 26). I love vinyl and I can't wait to hear the soundtracks to the original movies over the oldschool method. Thank you woot!

crazyharry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyharry

Welcome to grandmasbasement.woot.com

ZaxxonPaxxil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZaxxonPaxxil

To all of you who are complaining about vinyl. You have no ears. Your ear drums march to the beat of cell phone ring tones. Over compressed and over appreciated at best.

Go buy Neil Young's Harvest on LP. Get a good system, sit down and listen. You will be crushed by the dynamic range and your stupid Silver Sun Pickups mp3s will blow away into the derivative dust that they are.

Even Donald Duck on a record sounds better than Green Day on an Ipod.

Froggacuda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Froggacuda

I just can't see paying $20 for an LP set that's been sitting in a warehouse for 30 years. I am a Disney soundtrack fan though; if this was a CD and book set, I'd probably be jumping right on it.

I just don't get the nostalgia aspect reflected in the posts. If you haven't lived through it, trust me, changing the LP every 20 minutes really really gets old.

C'mon people, there are many Walt Disney soundtracks on CD currently available. And you can pick up a ton of Disney CD's (and even LPs if you really want them) on ebay any day of the week.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
rogueofmv wrote:...am I the only one with a record player in this thread?

I have one

that was fun while it lasted!

snakedal337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snakedal337

Does anyone have somewhere I can download a digital copy of this record?

I just bought one and i'd prefer not to open it to make a CD Rip

SaVioR

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SaVioR

Yes. Absolutely. I'm in for one. Either a great present or an awesome collectible, either way I'm in.

http://f5live.tv/joinus
Live Tech Radio Show Every Sunday @ 9 PM ET

spilk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spilk

I have a couple of questions:

Are these used or new (huge difference if you have ever played used records vs. new ones)

What speed are they, 33, 78? Im assuming 33...

Im in for a couple if these aren't used.

mrsam740

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsam740
spilk wrote:I have a couple of questions:

Are these used or new (huge difference if you have ever played used records vs. new ones)

What speed are they, 33, 78? Im assuming 33...

Im in for a couple if these aren't used.

It says in the ad they are brand new still sealed from 1978.

cake eater

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cake eater

im thinking these arent a great item for this website. time to stop wooting. wheres that 65 inch olevia...when i really want to spend some duckets, i miss teh awesome stuff.

forum option changes may take a few minutes. just relax

Miranda03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miranda03
clsapsford wrote:Records are better sound quality than cd's or mp3's.
You're probably too young to even know what a record is.

LOL I wouldn't go that far. Records are indeed bad a s s but they are crappy quality.

Pamejay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pamejay

You can get 4 - 8 tracks (you are reading that right... 8tracks) for 29.99 at
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3831828
Plus shipping!!!
LOL
so get in your delorian and ride, ride, ride!!!

Miranda03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miranda03

haha No way! I have a good ol original Ricky the Racoon record player. Bought it off e bay for 25 bucks. Works perfect.

emailsubs

quality posts: 8 Private Messages emailsubs
ZaxxonPaxxil wrote:To all of you who are complaining about vinyl. You have no ears. Your ear drums march to the beat of cell phone ring tones. Over compressed and over appreciated at best.

Go buy Neil Young's Harvest on LP. Get a good system, sit down and listen. You will be crushed by the dynamic range and your stupid Silver Sun Pickups mp3s will blow away into the derivative dust that they are.

Even Donald Duck on a record sounds better than Green Day on an Ipod.

I bought a pair of Klipsch Forte speakers back in the 80's

If you can buy a pair on ebay and arrange for physical pick up* you won't be disappointed (unless the prior owner abused them)

* - Physical pickup because they are HEAVY

johnnylloydrollins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnylloydrollins

Anyone looking for some free downloads of RARE disney soundtrack music go here:

songinmyhead.wordpress.com

Cheers

mevande

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mevande

I am still grooving to my 1980 Quadraphonic 8 track system!

YilmazY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YilmazY

I am trying to become a DJ in the making and about a nice pair of Technics turntables a couple months ago. Couple this with the fact I LOVE DISNEY. This is perfect. This is only my second woot.

MikaHutchison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikaHutchison

Seriously woot?

Wow. Just wow.

drameden

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drameden
graycat1969 wrote:They actually have thick boxes made for shipping records. they are probably hard to get as records but i'm sure Woot has a plan.

Yeah, these boxes also double for carry out pizza.

mackosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mackosh
sportscars wrote:Vinyl Does sound better than CD's (for the most part). Too much sound quality lost due to compression.

Um, CDs aren't compressed. You are probably thinking of MP3s.

CDs are digitized, as opposed to the analog of records, so there is debate on whether you can hear the difference on a good system. CDs are capable of a much wider dynamic range than LPs (not to mention not wearing out with repeated plays), but unfortunately, most CDs are engineered so poorly that the range can actually be less than a good LP.

dselig

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dselig

i do!!

but i don't have the needle lol

i have no clue what to write here anymore....

mackosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mackosh
LeetRantipole wrote:I'm a little confused... If this is not a remaster or reissue, how is it reprocessed for stereo sound? When was it reprocessed?

It would have been "reprocessed" in 1978. The source movies / cartoons would have been mono. Even by then, most movies (and theaters) were still mono sound.